[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Thanks Fabio.

I use VoodooHDA for my Creative X-Fi Extreme. If I use the P6T-Deluxe.kext to fix the Orange icon thing, will it affect my audio?

hmmm..

No idea... try.. if "broke" the audio you delete the kext and search for a single OrangeIconFix

(teorically this combo not affect your Voodoo audio.. but never test it)

Fabio

hmmm..

No idea... try.. if "broke" the audio you delete the kext and search for a single OrangeIconFix

(teorically this combo not affect your Voodoo audio.. but never test it)

Fabio

Thanks. I tried it. Didn't affect the audio, but also didn't get rid of the Orange icons!

Thanks. I tried it. Didn't affect the audio, but also didn't get rid of the Orange icons!

...hmmm for liche a charm on my system...

(... you rebuild your mkext?)

look inside the last dgobe installer there is a OrangeIconFix.kext...

Fabio

...hmmm for liche a charm on my system...

(... you rebuild your mkext?)

look inside the last dgobe installer there is a OrangeIconFix.kext...

Fabio

OK, I'm now officially totally confused!

Yes, I rebuild mkext and still no orangeicon fix with the P6T kext.

So, I used another orangeiconfix which did work and now the icons are OK. However, I now have my partitions weirdly defined as HDD, EXT and CD/DVDs!

I have 8 partitions which on DSDT3.2 were all missing from the desktop as in Finder I have show EXTERNALS and CD/DVDs only.

However, with DSDT3.3, 4 of my partitions (all NTFS Windows) are classed as CD/DVDs, 2 partitions (a Leo install and my Time Machine backup) are classed as External and 2 (my Snow and Chameleon partitions) are HDDs.

What is going on?

OK, I'm now officially totally confused!

Yes, I rebuild mkext and still no orangeicon fix with the P6T kext.

So, I used another orangeiconfix which did work and now the icons are OK. However, I now have my partitions weirdly defined as HDD, EXT and CD/DVDs!

I have 8 partitions which on DSDT3.2 were all missing from the desktop as in Finder I have show EXTERNALS and CD/DVDs only.

However, with DSDT3.3, 4 of my partitions (all NTFS Windows) are classed as CD/DVDs, 2 partitions (a Leo install and my Time Machine backup) are classed as External and 2 (my Snow and Chameleon partitions) are HDDs.

What is going on?

This happened because we are back to original ICH10 for no more confusion.. change this in your DSDT

From this...

[size=1]...
           Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0A)
                       {
                           "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer (0x09) { "Built in" },
                           "built-in", Buffer (One) { 0x00 },
                           "device_type", Buffer (0x10) { "AHCI Controller" },
                           "model", Buffer (0x1C) { "ICH10R SATA/AHCI Controller" },
                           "name", Buffer (0x1C) { "ICH10R SATA/AHCI Controller" }
                       }, Local0)
                   MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               } 
...[/size]

go back to old ESB2

[size=1]...
           Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (MCID (Arg2, 0x26818086))
               }
[/size]

Fabio

wel i have a problem with the new installer...

burned the iso...

used the installer package on my existing working install(using 1.13 installer from scratch)...

everything installed fine...

replaced the new com.apple.boot.plist with the one i have previously for the graphics string for my card...

then reset and it wont boot off the hard drive... put the iso dvd it and used it to boot into chameleon and then boot onto the hard drive and now back into the install...

what can it be??? either boot file or dsdt... i am thinking...

burned the iso...

used the installer package on my existing working install(using 1.13 installer from scratch)...

replaced the new com.apple.boot.plist with the one i have previously for the graphics string for my card...

then reset and it wont boot off the hard drive... put the iso dvd it and used it to boot into chameleon and then boot onto the hard drive and now back into the install...

Scott, can't help with your boot problem, but I was wondering, could you post your graphics string for the 285? I only ask, as using graphics strings, I've never been able to get anything like the frame rates I get with just GraphicsEnabler.

At the moment, I get 200-300fps in Portal @ 1920x1200 with GraphicsEnabler only.

Scott, can't help with your boot problem, but I was wondering, could you post your graphics string for the 285? I only ask, as using graphics strings, I've never been able to get anything like the frame rates I get with just GraphicsEnabler.

At the moment, I get 200-300fps in Portal @ 1920x1200 with GraphicsEnabler only.

fabio made one for me http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1394105 near the bottom of the post... far better than using graphics enabler!!!

burned the iso...

I had the same problem. I have updated multiple times before without any problems. But the update from 14->15 gave me a black screen with a blinking cursor right after the bios screens. I could start from my "old" USB-pen and boot the mac partition and install version 14 again. So theres something wrong with version 15 and the Chamelon updater.

I had the same problem. I have updated multiple times before without any problems. But the update from 14->15 gave me a black screen with a blinking cursor right after the bios screens. I could start from my "old" USB-pen and boot the mac partition and install version 14 again. So theres something wrong with version 15 and the Chamelon updater.

did you try the new dsdt and version 14... because that will help rule it out to hopefully the boot file...

well as far as my limited knowledge goes...

That's a pity because I had tried that one before. I just get a KP with that string.

Any idea why?

well that was from my io reg... maybe see if yours is different to mine... mine is a 285 ocx...

well that was from my io reg... maybe see if yours is different to mine... mine is a 285 ocx...

Thanks Scott. I think I'm not doing this correctly. I'm sort of new to the Graphics string thing. What exactly do I have to do? I have only tried using Fabio's c.a.b.plist for the 285 direct. What else do I have to do?

Thanks Scott. I think I'm not doing this correctly. I'm sort of new to the Graphics string thing. What exactly do I have to do? I have only tried using Fabio's c.a.b.plist for the 285 direct. What else do I have to do?

thats all i did...

thats all i did...

Quite strange then.

I have used Graphics strings from OS X Tools for this card before, and the performance compared to GraphicsEnabler was very poor.

What results do you get in OpenGL Extension Viewer tests? I get around 5000 for all tests.

Quite strange then.

I have used Graphics strings from OS X Tools for this card before, and the performance compared to GraphicsEnabler was very poor.

What results do you get in OpenGL Extension Viewer tests? I get around 5000 for all tests.

never done it...

Mine attached.

I've never been convinced that the Graphics string approach gives better results. Some people say this, but evidence seems to say different!

i had so many problems with no sleep of monitor and the screensaver not going on... so since i got strings i have had no problem...

For anyone that thinks they need to use one of their older files after using the 1.15 installer....

Boot into the installer and go to Utilities->Terminal

Your old files will be in /P6TInstallerBackup{TIME}-{DATE}. The release notes state that if you are using EFI strings, you have to merge them into the new files. I guess the new Chameleon boot file might be causing issues for some people but it works here. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh, and of course, if you modified your DSDT for graphics support you'll have to update your 3.3 DSDT or revert to the old one.

Thanks Fabio for Your work

Im using Your new 3.3 DSDT but with ESB2 instead of ICH10-ICH10 gives all of my HDD as external, I don't like that.

For the new Andy fakesms ,I've switched to the"old Netkas" fakesms, WHY?

Because Netkas fakesms give's me 4-5 C lower

:D

Thanks Fabio for Your work

Im using Your new 3.3 DSDT but with ESB2 instead of ICH10-ICH10 gives all of my HDD as external, I don't like that.

For the new Andy fakesms ,I've switched to the"old Netkas" fakesms, WHY?

Because Netkas fakesms give's me 4-5 C lower

:D

There was a discussion about that and it was thought that the new fakesmc just reported the "correct" temp. In other words, there really is no difference. Not sure if that is accurate though. I don't see the temperature difference with my rig so I would make sure you have all of the latest Software Updates installed.

Did you do any Geekbench testing with both configs? I find 3.3, MacPro4,1(with latest audio update) and new fakesmc to give the best results.

Your drives appearing as external just requires you to use OrangeIconFix.kext, no big deal.

For anyone that thinks they need to use one of their older files after using the 1.15 installer....

Boot into the installer and go to Utilities->Terminal

Your old files will be in /P6TInstallerBackup{TIME}-{DATE}. The release notes state that if you are using EFI strings, you have to merge them into the new files. I guess the new Chameleon boot file might be causing issues for some people but it works here. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh, and of course, if you modified your DSDT for graphics support you'll have to update your 3.3 DSDT or revert to the old one.

ye changed to older boot file and everything good with new dsdt....

strange yours works though...

i had so many problems with no sleep of monitor and the screensaver not going on... so since i got strings i have had no problem...

Fair enough. I've never had any of those problems, so I'm sticking with GraphicsEnabler.

Your drives appearing as external just requires you to use OrangeIconFix.kext, no big deal.

Not as simple as that. See posts around 783. I've gone back to ESB2.

Didn't get an answer to 'are there any advantages of using ICH10 over ESB2'?