[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Hi,

Iwould first like to say thanks for the guide, it has helped me alot but im having problems.

I managed to install snow 10.6 yesterday through the the usb method, BUT after i run the .pkg and restart, I cant load uo snow leopard anymore , it just says you must restart everytime.

I was wondering if someone could help me?

Thanks

Well, I probably could not help you as I'm a newbee in trouble too but anyone who would want to help you would need more information about the problem or at least your system specs

I believe my problem to be because when i run the .pkg file initially on my friends macbook and try to install it to the usb stick, it hangs at around 90% it says writing package recepit. Why would this happen?

My spec is

i7 920

p6t deluxe v2

3gb 1066 ddr3

gts 250

I am using package v1.15, got a few question, of someone got time to answer I'd appreciate it

I am running 32bit (archi386) due to WIFI driver issue under 64

My memory read out 800 MHz instead of 1333 (just cosmetic or does it reduce performance?)

Sleep issue, my computer does sleep, but never resumes, set to s3 in bios

Thanks

I am using package v1.15, got a few question, of someone got time to answer I'd appreciate it

I am running 32bit (archi386) due to WIFI driver issue under 64

My memory read out 800 MHz instead of 1333 (just cosmetic or does it reduce performance?)

Sleep issue, my computer does sleep, but never resumes, set to s3 in bios

Thanks

Apparently what appears in system profiler is just aesthetic and does not affect the ability of your hardware. see this for a fix: http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/guidecreating-...n-smbios-plist/

Hi there

FINALLY!!!!! success installing SL. it was hard and painful for me but I finally managed and have everything working except firewire

There are some posts in this thread that link that problem to the sleep fix but i hand make head or tail of that information. also i have tried different things i found in other threads:

1. remove appleHPETkext : results in KP disater
  2. enable -x32 flag : does nothing for me
  3. sudo kext load -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext

that last one gives me this:

Warnings: 
   Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not necessarily a mistake, but rarely done): 
       IOFireWireAVCProtocol
   The booter does not recognize symbolic links; confirm these files/directories aren't needed for startup: 
       /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
       /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
       /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext/Contents/CodeResources
       /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

and i do dmesg and comes this:

DSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
THIS LINE IS REPEATED 84 TIMES: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory
disk3: ioctl(_IOWR,'d',101,24) is unsupported.

So any Ideas anthing you could advice me to try? I am not bothered by the sleep isue i had and imac for 5 years and never needed it but without FireWire i cant do.

PLEASE!!!

Not certain if my issue is related to previous posting related to firewire. I followed the instructions in this thread to load OSX successfully. However, I too have an issue with the internal firewire port of the P6t Deluxe v2. Applications only recognize the firewire port if I have a device connected to the port and turned on BEFORE I boot up. It works , but can be a great annoyance if I need to connect a firewire device after not booting up with one attached. In those circumstances, I need to reboot with device turned on and connected. This is an inelegant solution. Is there something I can do so OSX recognized the firewire at all times? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys I'm having an issue with display mirroring: If I turn on mirror displays one display (the secondary one) works but the 1st display only shows a blue screen with the mouse cursor matching that of the working display.

motherboard is asus p6t deluxe v2

gfx card is gtx 275

Hey guys I'm having an issue with display mirroring: If I turn on mirror displays one display (the secondary one) works but the 1st display only shows a blue screen with the mouse cursor matching that of the working display.

motherboard is asus p6t deluxe v2

gfx card is gtx 275

Yep, I have the same thing.

Always wondered about that!

Yep, I have the same thing.

Always wondered about that!

you use graphics enabler in com.apple.Boot.plist?

post your IOREG

----

I'm little busy at this time..

I see and read all the news around here...

for the new FakeSMC with monitoring... we probably go back with M2.x DSDT series because we need specifics stuff presents in that series

I have not try notthing until now about that...

A good news is until now I have no found issue with new build 10.6.4 (10F566) just repatch the AppleHDA all the rest works well

Fabio

Does anyone has video lag while playing movies? i even tried with vlc, same problem.

I have a GTX 275 with P6T deluxe v2

I have two monitors and if i shut down one, video lags but with both started, everything works. Weird, isn't it?

you use graphics enabler in com.apple.Boot.plist?

post your IOREG

----

I'm little busy at this time..

I see and read all the news around here...

for the new FakeSMC with monitoring... we probably go back with M2.x DSDT series because we need specifics stuff presents in that series

I have not try notthing until now about that...

A good news is until now I have no found issue with new build 10.6.4 (10F566) just repatch the AppleHDA all the rest works well

Fabio

Im a little slow, but what should i add into the boot.plist to make it correct when adding graphics enabler?

is this correct?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Anything else i should install?

All i did is using the latest AsusP6TDeluxev2_boot_132 v.1.15, installed SL and then ran the installer.

Havent modded anything else other than updated through Apple Update :pirate2:

Kernel

mach_kernel

Kernel Flags

GraphicsEnabler

y

Is ok you don't need nothing else...

Different things for 275 issue... is better use a strings or a DSDT injection in some case resolve the issue lag monitor ecc...

Fabio

HI,

me again, I feel i am being annoying but also i have been ignored a few times. am I doing anything wrong when posting my problem here? All i can think of is that the answer is already out there but trust me, I can't find it. in other threads and forums i found some ill advice that either didn't do anything or ended in disaster.

in this thread i find that:

On Mar, 6 2010, DSDT v3.1.4

solved Firewire error log

The firewire works after a sleep function

but i am using the DSDT from latest Installation as of May, 15 2010. I istalled the i7 975 as this is my CPU.

so is there any difference between these 2 DSDTs? If somehow i delete the sleep function will i get firewire support? in fact i tried the sleep and it only works sometimes like 6 out of 10. but as i said i am not bothered without sleep. Or do i install the march 2010 on top of the otherone? can there be two DSDT at work at the same time? Or did i just get all of this wrong? as i said i cant make head or tail of the info here.

sorry for being so stupid :) BUT i NEED FIREWIRE TO WORK

but please HELP!

HI,

me again, I feel i am being annoying but also i have been ignored a few times. am I doing anything wrong when posting my problem here? All i can think of is that the answer is already out there but trust me, I can't find it. in other threads and forums i found some ill advice that either didn't do anything or ended in disaster.

in this thread i find that:

On Mar, 6 2010, DSDT v3.1.4

solved Firewire error log

The firewire works after a sleep function

but i am using the DSDT from latest Installation as of May, 15 2010. I istalled the i7 975 as this is my CPU.

so is there any difference between these 2 DSDTs? If somehow i delete the sleep function will i get firewire support? in fact i tried the sleep and it only works sometimes like 6 out of 10. but as i said i am not bothered without sleep. Or do i install the march 2010 on top of the otherone? can there be two DSDT at work at the same time? Or did i just get all of this wrong? as i said i cant make head or tail of the info here.

sorry for being so stupid :) BUT i NEED FIREWIRE TO WORK

but please HELP!

Hi the problem with firewire are know... need sleep or put your device on at start...

Also one thing last week I check the i7 975 code present in the DSDT and I think there is some issu/miss...

So.. pls update your BIOS with last version from ASUS and redump your ACPI Table mentioned by dgobe in the first post... "How dump ACPI tables"

Some user here... have post the table for the i7 975 before but are wrong.. the steps are low (because the Bios version used for the dump has old) and this is not correct for this kind of CPU.

Without this I can't fix the DSDT for the it 975 and the 980x (Yes have same steps)

Fabio

Hi the problem with firewire are know... need sleep or put your device on at start...

Also one thing last week I check the i7 975 code present in the DSDT and I think there is some issu/miss...

So.. pls update your BIOS with last version from ASUS and redump your ACPI Table mentioned by dgobe in the first post... "How dump ACPI tables"

Some user here... have post the table for the i7 975 before but are wrong.. the steps are low (because the Bios version used for the dump has old) and this is not correct for this kind of CPU.

Without this I can't fix the DSDT for the it 975 and the 980x (Yes have same steps)

Fabio

Ciao Fabio!

Thank you for your reply, I tested manytimes and my sleep does not seem to work all the time it goes to sleep but not wake up about 20% of the time. During those tests I managed to access my FireWire drive after sleep but only about 30% of the times it actually awakes which means I have to send SL to sleep at least 3 times before I can see FireWire and crossing fingers for it to actually wake up :) haha! but this is better than nothing. I hope there is a solution to this though.

also i noticed that if i plug my firewire drive before booting it takes ages to boot and then i am left with the desktop but no mouse or keyboard working (and no firewire drive either) they start working as soon as i unplug the firewire cable. WEIRD?

I booted with Live Gnome to get the dump for my CPU and found that Gnome hangs also if firewire plugged before booting. I wonder what does this mean I have Windows 7 also in my machine and firewire is hot-pluggable as well as it sees it if plugged before boot however booting times are longer with firewire plugged. (P6TD Deluxe issue???)

well anyway here is the dump man and thanks for your help I owe you and dgobe big time

975_P6TDDeluxe_501.zip

Thanks Fabio.

Yes, I do use GraphicsEnabler.

IOREG attached.

For your GTX285

[size=1]            Device (PEG3)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
               Device (GFX3)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x02000000)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x1C)
                           {
                               "AAPL,slot-name", 
                               Buffer (0x0A)
                               {
                                   "PCI-E 16x"
                               }, 

"@0,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@0,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-A"
                               }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@1,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-B"
                               }, 

"NVCAP", 
                               Buffer (0x18)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"NVPM", 
                               Buffer (0x1C)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40
                               }, 

"device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x0D)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,GeForce"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer (0x17)
                               {
                                   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285"
                               }, 

"rom-revision", 
                               Buffer (0x09)
                               {
                                   "DSDT ROM"
                               }, 

"reg", 
                               Buffer (0x78)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0020 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 
                                   /* 0028 */    0x14, 0x00, 0x03, 0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0030 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0038 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0040 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0048 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0050 */    0x24, 0x00, 0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0058 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0060 */    0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x30, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0068 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0070 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x00
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
               {
                   0x09, 
                   0x04
               })
               Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   If (PICM)
                   {
                       Return (AR13)
                   }

Return (PR13)
               }
           }[/size]

PS if work ok... if not change the NVCAP with

[size=1]
                               "NVCAP", 
                               Buffer (0x18)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x[color="#FF0000"]1[/color]C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 
[/size]

-----

@ ChiguiroChiflado

For the moment use this version M2.5 for i7 975 (based on your ACPI Table Dump)

later I edit the 3.x to fix the version i7 975 & 980x (as I say before are wrong).

-----

Little bad new...

I do some test with beta 10.6.4 and :thumbsup_anim::( I lost Sleep and Shutdown (probably relate with USB problem...) no idea at the moment...

For the rest work's well...

Fabio

Thanks Fabio, but still not working. Tried with the NVCAP change too.

stupid questions... have you delete GraphicsEnabler in your c.a.B.p with gfx DSDT injection???

No idea... sorry :)

Fabio

Thanks a lot.

I am now on a Mac Pro :) .I just want to share some things that I have done.

I have burned the SL DMG on windows 7 using an eveluation of Transmac,first it has to be expanded then can be burned,after that decided to try the burned SL DVD installing SL on VMware (google for the needed files to install SL on VM ware).

Once installed SL on VMware I decided to "restore" SL DVD on a USB HDD and put more needed files for my rig.

Then I have done the installation with the USB HDD (In order to make my GTX 295 to work I used the GraphicsEnabler=n command on the Chameleon screen).

The processor (i7 965) at first was recognized like a n Intel Xeon Quad and the memory like DDR3@1069MHZ

the only problem I see now is the memory type and speed beacuse now says DDR2@800MHZ that changed when I was configuring the GTX using the ANARCHiNTOSH guide that by the way was a little strange because I am pretty sure that my card is a dual pcb and at first in system profiler the gpu´s were reported with different ID´s so I used the double pcb script, then restart and after the Chameleon screen nothing not even with GraphicsEnabler=n command.

So I used the 123 boot loader to select my HDD and enter the command and everything was like before GTX not working properly,a little check on System Profiler and the gpu´s were with the same ID´s,so I tryied the single pcb script and voilá. The GTX working properly and with all the memory reported on each gpu but the RAM now is seem like DDR2@800MHz.

I still have to check how to correct that.

Thanks again.

Hello all

I have the same problem that you can not smith osx reboot it every time on the apple. I have a asus motherboard P7H55 V-i3 Intel processor and an nvidia card 1gig

OK to install it but when I boot chameleon and typing-v-f cpus busratio = 23 = 1 arch = i386 I reboot I think it's a bios problem, if somebody an idea I 'm interested. thank you in advance for your help

stupid questions... have you delete GraphicsEnabler in your c.a.B.p with gfx DSDT injection???

No idea... sorry :)

Fabio

Yes, I had GraphicsEnabler set to 'n'. Still just get blue left hand screen when selecting 'mirror display'.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

The processor (i7 965) at first was recognized like a n Intel Xeon Quad and the memory like DDR3@1069MHZ

the only problem I see now is the memory type and speed beacuse now says DDR2@800MHZ

Hello people,

I am new here on this forum and want to thank you all for make this possible. My PC has become a MAC Pro and finally I have got something to learn again and enjoy my PC again.

I have the same problem as Juan reported. Before I used the installer 1.15 I saw an Intel XEON with 6 GB of DDR 3 RAM and after using the installer the RAM is reported as DDR 2 800 MHz.

Also I wonder do I have to add the DSDT from 15 th of may after I ran the 1.15 installer?