Drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT - Success

MacNutty

352 posts in this topic

YES!!!! :unsure:

Buy a ASUS EN9400GT 512MB! It's very easy to get this card to work.

Just got this baby to work from installing 1 kext and a easy tweak. And now I am using glorious 1080P.

Download Kext:

Asus EN9400GT 512MB

How to get the card working:

1. Install the kext using "Kext Helper"

2. Reboot ----

3. Download and open OSX86Tools and click "Enable/Disable Quartz GL"

4. Then click "Enable QuartzGL"

5. Reboot ----

Thats it, too easy! :(

Check it out!

picture3zhq.th.png

i have the same card, i just did a vanilla install 10.57 . i tried the kext thing but it did not work

I can confirmed that my gigabyte nVidia 9400 1gb had QE finally Working after

days of trying different things.

In the end it was really straight forward. Cleaned install of iAKTOSv7 and only choose 'NVinject' from the VGA drivers section.

And QE was installed when started up.

Specs

i7 920

gb ex58-ud5

gb nvidia 9400 1gb gt

6 gb 1333 Kingston ddr3

Anyone need help just pm or email tone.nugen@gmail.com

Thank you so much!!! Leopard is awesome with QE/CI enabled thanks so much!!

I got the same card as you, and the same results. So far I couldnt get QE working. Did you?

iatkos 7i

XFX GeForce 9400 GT 512 mb

Thanks

I`m also trying to make a XFX GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB to fully work.

I have full resolution: 1920x1080 + decent graphics. But no QE & Hardware CI.

Here's my System Profiler Graphics details:

nVidia GeForce 9400 GT:

Chipset Model:	nVidia GeForce 9400 GT
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x065b
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 ROM Revision:	nVidia GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]
 Displays:
Display Connector:
W2353:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-Bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

I used the aqua's 9400 nvidia series + added efi strings using OSx86.

By the way, is there anyone with the device id 0x065b working?

I can confirmed that my gigabyte nVidia 9400 1gb had QE finally Working after

days of trying different things.

In the end it was really straight forward. Cleaned install of iAKTOSv7 and only choose 'NVinject' from the VGA drivers section.

And QE was installed when started up.

Specs

i7 920

gb ex58-ud5

gb nvidia 9400 1gb gt

6 gb 1333 Kingston ddr3

Anyone need help just pm or email tone.nugen@gmail.com

Tried your method -"Cleaned install of iAKTOSv7 and only choose 'NVinject' from the VGA drivers section. " .... and it's working sweet. Thanks!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

hi all, i had my card working on 10.5.6 but wanted to try a different method because i thought it wasn't working correctly ,so i went on to try with iatkos v7 and i can say the method above worked on my MSI 9400 gt as well as with natit and also with efi string only, but i couldn't get the right resolution(1366x768) tho... im conected trough HDMI ,any help will be greatly apreciated

Hi!, I tried all of your methods but I failed to make my graphics card to be QE supported, I have a Palit Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT graphics Card, 1GB(1024), I installed iAtkos 10.5.5 and I luckily updated it to 10.5.8 via software Update method, everything works fine,LAN, Audio, except the graphics to be Quartz Extreme supported, QuartzGL is Supported, Can anybody in this forum to post guides on how to make the QE be supported for this type of system, by the way I used Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2C, MOTHERBOARD, AND 4 GB RAM MEMORY. Thanks

Hello.

Even if i want to play quakelive i have not many fps.

Is it because of my "low" graphiccard?

I dont think so because on windows i runs quite well.

iAtkos 10.5.7 upgraded to 10.5.8

Everything works including QE (enabled of course)

athlon x2 5200+@ 3,04ghz

2gb ram

asus 9400GT 512 mb ram

YES!!!! :blink:

Buy a ASUS EN9400GT 512MB! It's very easy to get this card to work.

Just got this baby to work from installing 1 kext and a easy tweak. And now I am using glorious 1080P.

Download Kext:

Asus EN9400GT 512MB

How to get the card working:

1. Install the kext using "Kext Helper"

2. Reboot ----

3. Download and open OSX86Tools and click "Enable/Disable Quartz GL"

4. Then click "Enable QuartzGL"

5. Reboot ----

Thats it, too easy! :P

Check it out!

picture3zhq.th.png

Hi everybody!

I installed the first provided driver in this forum and everything works perfect.

QE is supported and enabled it using OSX86tools.

The resolution is 1920x1200.

but the problem is that graphic performance isn't so good until i turn my computer into standby mode and then return!!! then everything (animation, video files, and everything related to the vga) runs faster! system animations run more smooth and...

when i restart or shutdown my mac os and then turn it on again, again graphic performance is not good.

after standing by and returning if i restart mac os x monitor turns off but system doesn't! (if that helps to find the solution)

tired of reading forums! :( can anyone please help!?

Got i asus 9400gt 512mb. Installed this driver but if i change the resolution i have to restart cauz it freezes.

Exactly the same with provided driver. Used NVenabler and now I have full QE/CI support, no switching resolution problem and a much faster hackintosh :thanks_speechbubble: on a vanilla 10.5.8 installation.

So delete NVinject, keep NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman kexts, last but not least install NVEnabler kext with kexthelper, reboot and you're ready.

Update v1 - Slight modification to the IN.PLIST and added QuartzGL support!

XFX 9400GT (512MB) Passive with Device ID: 065b:

Heres the IN.PLIST file that I used,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
	<key>@0,compatible</key>
	<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
	<key>@0,device_type</key>
	<string>display</string>
	<key>@0,name</key>
	<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
	<key>@1,compatible</key>
	<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
	<key>@1,device_type</key>
	<string>display</string>
	<key>@1,name</key>
	<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
	<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
	<string>0x01000000</string>
	<key>@2,#size-cells</key>
	<string>0x00000000</string>
	<key>@2,compatible</key>
	<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
	<key>@2,device_type</key>
	<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
	<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
	<string>0x02000000</string>
	<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
	<key>@2,name</key>
	<string>sensor-parent</string>
	<key>@2,reg</key>
	<key>NVCAP</key>
	<data>BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=</data>
	<key>NVPM</key>
	<data>AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
	<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
	<data>AAAAIA==</data>
	<key>device_type</key>
	<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>
	<key>model</key>
	<string>nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT</string>
	<key>name</key>
	<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
	<key>rom-revision</key>
	<string>3172a</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

And here is what is shows in System Profiler:

nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT:

Chipset Model:	nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 Device ID:	0x065b
 ROM Revision:	3172a
 Displays:
Display Connector:
DELL 2407WFP:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-Bit Color
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
 Rotation:	Supported
 QuartzGL:	Supported

Hope this helps!

:)

Ive tried everything in this thread but after i install the drivers and choose 1440x900 my screen goes blue and i have to reinstall leopard! any suggestions?

running a ep45-ud3r and 9400 gt 1gb

I have the same motherboard and card. All I did was install the NVkush driver and everything works perfectly. No mods or anything.

hi. i just installed an xfx 9400gt 1gb gfx card. and now it seems that os x runs MUCH MUCH slower than it used to when i had no gfx cards installed(with only the onboard nvidia 6100 which anyways had no drivers available). so this kinda sucks coz its now slower than it used to be, even though QE/CI are supported with dual display and screen rotation. dont know what to do.

could it be any power related issues, or the card going into power saver mode due to over heating or sumthing(since i have the 'silent' card which has no fan.)??? any help would be appreciated. btwz iv installed the efi w/ osx86tools and QE/CI support ws one the first try.

my specs:

asus m2n-mx se plus mobo

amd x2 5200+ 2.7 GHz processor

2 gb ddr2 ram

2 hdds(one sata 250 gig, one ide 80 gig)

I have the same motherboard and card. All I did was install the NVkush driver and everything works perfectly. No mods or anything.

And finally the best solution of all. Install with EFI strings. Use the following NVcap for Asus 9400 GT 512 MB:

PS. Be sure to remove NVenabler and modified NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman, reinstall from /Backup Extensions the original NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman, reboot and that's it.

hey iv got my xfx 9400 gt 1gb card working quite well with sanssome's guide with the aqua installer and osx86tools custom gfx efi...but the problem is that even though everythng is supported, os x is running at almost 1/5th the speed as compared to before when i had no graphics card(except the 6100 onboard which had no drivers for working..so useless..) . i cant figure out this problem. os x runs at full speed for 5-10 minutes UNTIL I ACCESS ANY HARD DRIVES. then it's rendered totally useless. nothing seems to work after that and the only option left is to restart the computer. please help people. thanks.

Note: in vista the gfx card runs perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever with the hard drives.

Hey there!

Please excuse my stupid question, but I'm a newbee on this whole OSx86 thing...

I installed your kexts (from the first post here) and my Gainward 9400GT 1GB worked very well. I could enable Quarts GL in OSx86 tools and change my resolution. I got a blue screen but after I rebooted, everything worked. My only problem is, that just 512MB of my 1GB VRAM are found.

Can I change this value somewhere to 1024MB?

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys!

I've been following this thread all day trying to install my ASUS EN9400GT 1Gb (VGA/DVI/HDMI). No luck yet! :-(

At the moment I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Retail (10.5.4 Retail updated to 10.5.8).

Just one simple question, so I don't spend the whole week reinstalling the OS between tests... How can I recover from the black screen on boot? I mean, I've tried installing some NVidia kexts, I reboot and the system seems to boot normally but I don't see anything (black screen). I've made a backup of everything on /System/Libraries/Extensions to /kext_backup but I don't know how to recover it so I can go back to the previous situation since the screen is all black! :-(

At the moment I'm reinstalling between tests, but this takes much longer (reinstall + reupdate).

Hi guys!

I've been following this thread all day trying to install my ASUS EN9400GT 1Gb (VGA/DVI/HDMI). No luck yet! :-(

At the moment I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Retail (10.5.4 Retail updated to 10.5.8).

Just one simple question, so I don't spend the whole week reinstalling the OS between tests... How can I recover from the black screen on boot? I mean, I've tried installing some NVidia kexts, I reboot and the system seems to boot normally but I don't see anything (black screen). I've made a backup of everything on /System/Libraries/Extensions to /kext_backup but I don't know how to recover it so I can go back to the previous situation since the screen is all black! :-(

At the moment I'm reinstalling between tests, but this takes much longer (reinstall + reupdate).

Damn! Silly me! After all day test+reinstalling I've found the solution to my own problem:

boot with -s <--- didn't know this!

mount in read-write with /sbin/mount -uw /

and now I can change everything in /System/Library/Extensions :D

(sorry for the question+answer posts! :) seems like I needed to ask before finding the solution by myself! :D )

ok so I got the sparkle 9400 GT 1GB PCI running. There's still no smooth sailing. I'm still figuring out wether it's the heat that can't get out or just not the optimal OS version, it could also be either of the following:

-the PCI interface.

-my PSU that only provides 120 watts.

-the fact that it runs pretty hot, due to lack of airflow. (I put a fan in front of the card and it does run better now, but still the system isn't as stable as it was. Sleep, Restart and Shutdown work most of the time. No kernel panics, but the system freezes up sometimes after a high cpu load.

If anyone knows a tool to retrieve the system power consumption by device i could maybe get a better understanding.

Here's how I did it, if anyone has any other advice or experience I'd appreciate a PM so i can experiment more and edit this post with my experiences.

1) Install ipc 10.5.6, for my board this was the best distro, check out this topic

2) I Used the nvidia & geforce kexts from the 10.5.8 update

3) add EFI string with OSX86 tools. You can find exact directions on how to do so in post #31 of this topic.

Select GFX string -> at the bottom of the model list select Custom -> name: nVidia GeForce 9400GT -> Memory: 1024GB -> DVI-I / VGA. I did this to be safe, but ended up removing the efi string and found out it didn't cause any crashes, benchmarks remained unchanged and still score around 30 in the xbench benchmarks

4) after that I installed a modded NVinject 0.2.1 for 512MB i found on the forums

5) reboot, maybe with -v -f just to be sure

6) Sucess!

system profiler also gives it the right name and values, except for interface, should be PCI and the memory size, should be 1024MB

nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT:

Chipset Model:	nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT
 PCIe Lane Width:	x1
 Device ID:	0x0641
 ROM Revision:	NVinject 0.2.1
 Displays:
LG TV:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
 Rotation:	Supported
 Interlaced:	Yes
Display Connector:

Apparently, it also works with this kext by netkas, although the benchmarks are worse it does show all the memory in system profiler. Credit goes to member broken for giving me some help with this one. Haven't tried it without the EFI string yet, but the system was more useful with the edited NVinject kext, so I'm going back to experimenting with that one.

I'm running 10.5.6 iPC ppf5 on an intel d945GCLF2 board, but most of the info in my signature should still be accurate.

if anyone else has experiences with this model I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Here's the kext I used that worked:

http://www.speedyshare.com/958111310.html

I have a Point of View 9400GT 1024 MB

My Mac OS says:

I Can Has Model?:

Chipset Model: I Can Has Model?

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Help please.. i cant look FLV Films with the VLC and mutch more without the Quartz Extreme: Supported..

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will upload it soon to some other file hosting site. Can anyone suggest me any good file hosting website, which does'nt have such types of limits?

could you upload the driver pack again to maybe speedyshare.com? i'd like to try your drivers also ;)

thanks