Drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT - Success

MacNutty

352 posts in this topic

OK, i get GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB this to work with full QE/CI

Every1 who have GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB with device id 0x065b you need to do this.

1. Install clean version of iPC or IAtkos, whatever distro and version 10.5.6

2. When u installing fresh system dont select any VGA driver, leave NV* drivers to install

3. With OSx86 tool install LSPCI and reboot machine. (i dont know why LSPCI need to be enabled, but in my case graphich didnt work without lspci installed)

4. Download kext attached in this replay.

5. Delete Extensions.mkext

6. Install NVEnabler and rebote machine with -f

7. Enjoy in FULL QE/CI

8. VGA / DVI both works ok, no errors.

Note: there is no blue screen when u change resolution, no 'blind' searching restart button, all resolutions. You dont need any of previous kext's in this topic. Fresh install and install NVEnabler with Kext Helper b7.

Note1: In SP you will get Unknown NVidia graphich, but graphich is full working

tested gfx performance with xbench tool and i get full support, world of warcraft work without any problems, with full gfx details in-game. (fps is around 60-70)

Replay if this method works with ur card.

Thx for ppl for helping me on this!

Xbench resoult:

Quartz Graphics Test 148.01

Line 154.35 10.28 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 139.88 41.76 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 240.70 19.62 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 72.09 1.82 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 469.74 29.38 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 160.98

Spinning Squares 160.98 204.21 frames/sec

Edit:

Little modification to NVenabler kext file to remove Unknown nVidia Card. Now in SP it show nVidia GeForce 9400 GT

Enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

SP info:

nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT:

Chipset Model: nVIDIA GeForce 9400GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x065b

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

W2243:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

NVEnabler_0.1.kext.zip

NVEnabler_0.1.kext_edited.zip

Hi!

please help!

my card 80% working.

no QE/CI.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Type: Display

Device ID: 0x0641

ROM Revision: 0x00c1

Displays:

Display Connector:

L22W-6SA:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

i tested this on ipc and iatkos for 10.5.6 and didnt wana update to 10.5.8....dont know for ur system... just download iPC Universal from torrent and install it.

I will upload mine NV*HAL and NVRes* kext files when i come back from work and u can try it with ur system.

Edit:

Here is 2 kext from my system.

Archive.zip

@Nikola22

Thanks, your steps worked for my card (Asus EN9400GT with device ID 0x065b). Quick question: I try to install Final Cut Studio but I get a message saying that my VRAM is 0mb and I need a minimum of 128mb. Is there any reason why the VRAM is not detected?

I also get a message saying "Final Cut Studio Installer requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card", how would I fix this?

I am running Snow Leopard. I installed lspci, kept all the NV* kexts that were already installed (except any injectors I may have tried) and it worked.

@Nikola22

Thanks, your steps worked for my card (Asus EN9400GT with device ID 0x065b). Quick question: I try to install Final Cut Studio but I get a message saying that my VRAM is 0mb and I need a minimum of 128mb. Is there any reason why the VRAM is not detected?

I also get a message saying "Final Cut Studio Installer requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card", how would I fix this?

I am running Snow Leopard. I installed lspci, kept all the NV* kexts that were already installed (except any injectors I may have tried) and it worked.

I never tested my kext's with snow leopard, and cant help u about this. i stick to 10.5.6 version and Final Cut Studio works nice.

I made some fixes:

Resolution changes works in VGA mode(tested with retail Leo1058), fixed revision error, works with Chameleon 1012 (Extra/Extentions), recognized as a local root.

What's up man?! Is this working with a ASUS EN9400GT (1Gb)?

Please somebody help me, I'm getting desperate.. :)

Little modification to NVenabler kext file to remove Unknown nVidia Card. Now in SP it show nVidia GeForce 9400 GT

Thanks Nikola22!

My MSI N94GT-MD512 works great with graphics string in Snow Leopard, but I was stuck in Leopard in VESA mode.

Vendor 10DE

Dev ID 0641

Subsys 14131462 Rev A1

Tried multiple methods previously with no joy.

Your modified kext works for me.

I have the same issue as whitepony.

My inno3D 9400GT has exactly the same device id and NVCAP.

Using the Kexts (v1.5.34) from tazs_10, it is still listed as Unknown NVIDIA card but apparent all functions are supported.

post-256234-1235625315_thumb.png

I did the XBench test and check in OpenGL Extensions Viewer and it seems everything is working.

inno3D_9400GT.txt

Please see attached screen capture.

post-256234-1235625365_thumb.png post-256234-1235625378_thumb.png post-256234-1235625400_thumb.png

Can you please tell me how you got it working? I have a Inno3d 1024 mb Vram card, device id 0641 and NVCAP 04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000.

I have tried installing the kexts from Tasz, and a lot of other methods which should give me qe, but every method i try just give me a black screen on bootup.

Can you please tell me how you got it working? I have a Inno3d 1024 mb Vram card, device id 0641 and NVCAP 04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000.

I have tried installing the kexts from Tasz, and a lot of other methods which should give me qe, but every method i try just give me a black screen on bootup.

For the 9400 GT I'm using NVEnabler- works great! Updated to the 64-bit version for 10.6.2 and full QE/CI support. Works on Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Here are my results (QuartzGL enabled)

Quartz Graphics Test 190.02

Line 199.07 13.25 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 181.33 54.14 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 278.83 22.73 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 95.96 2.42 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 566.04 35.41 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 173.22

Spinning Squares 173.22 219.74 frames/sec

Your card is not working well as i thought so...

are these good scores ?

Results

Quartz Graphics Test 249.21

Line 190.99 12.72 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 249.44 74.47 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 207.36 16.90 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 224.29 5.66 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 650.31 40.68 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 100.21

Spinning Squares 100.21 127.13 frames/sec

For the 9400 GT I'm using NVEnabler- works great! Updated to the 64-bit version for 10.6.2 and full QE/CI support. Works on Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Thank you but i have also tried the NVenabler and different EFI strings, but everything i try gives me black screen i use iPC 10.5.6 with Time Machine backup from iDeneb 10.5.8.

are these good scores ?

Results

Quartz Graphics Test 249.21

Line 190.99 12.72 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 249.44 74.47 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 207.36 16.90 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 224.29 5.66 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 650.31 40.68 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 100.21

Spinning Squares 100.21 127.13 frames/sec

very good :)

For what it is worth, when Snow Leopard came out I decided I was going to totally revamp my rig, take full advantage of x64 and install on a RAID1 array. I am just getting too paranoid about loosing data. Also with Snow Leopard, I discovered I would not be able to use the full power of my old ATI 2600 Pro video card so I searched around and settled on the nVidia 9400 GT card. This seemed like the best card for my system (and wallet). Everything went swimmingly on a single disk install, no RAID. The best part was I did not have to even load any new kexts. All the nvida kexts were vanilla and no enablers needed. Seems all I needed to do was to add to my com.apple.boot.plist was 'GraphicsEnabler = Yes'. Got everything, QE/CI, full detection, etc.

When I installed it on my RAID! setup, it did not work. I tried using different kexts, patches, enablers, etc. I tried putting the kext files, enablers, etc in my /Extra folder in EFI, in my root, in my S/L/E folder. Nada. I poured through forum after forum and nothing worked. A lot of very nice people helped me out but nothing seemed to work. I would get close, QE/CI and some info in the System Profile but not all. And I would have a problem with Screen Resizing too; I was stuck at 1024x768.

I was just about to give up and revert to a single disk for my OS but I gave it one more shot. Another clean install and all I did for the video was to run the OSX86tools. I chose custom card, entered the name for the card, added the GFX string to my boot.plist, crossed my fingers and wow, it worked. The nvidia kext files I have are vanilla and they do not have my device id's in them. When I do add the device id's, I just get a blue screen upon boot. No enabler needed. I do have screen resizing and everything is detected in System Profiler. My video card has one VGA and one DVI port. I should add that it is important to know, when using OSX86tools, the correct layout of the ports. Get them backwards and you will just get a black (or blue) screen.

The only reason I never used OSX86tools before was for my first card, ATI 1600 Pro, I patched it successfully. (maybe you heard?) And for my ATI 2600 Pro, OSX86tools would not work properly. I would just have to patch instead. So with not much luck with the tools, I did not bother. But I can attest to it now, OSX86tools is awesome and worked wonderfully. I hope this is help to at least one other person.

Is there a test to see if the card is working properly?

I used OpenGL Extensions Viewer. The report said everything was working up to 2.1

My system passed all of the test too, except 3.X which isn't currently supported.

the test showed 600+ FPS for test 1.X and 561 and 104 for 2.0 and 2.1 respectively.

I'm assuming that the Core features list correlates to the OpenGL standard.

For what it is worth, when Snow Leopard came out I decided I was going to totally revamp my rig, take full advantage of x64 and install on a RAID1 array. I am just getting too paranoid about loosing data. Also with Snow Leopard, I discovered I would not be able to use the full power of my old ATI 2600 Pro video card so I searched around and settled on the nVidia 9400 GT card. This seemed like the best card for my system (and wallet). Everything went swimmingly on a single disk install, no RAID. The best part was I did not have to even load any new kexts. All the nvida kexts were vanilla and no enablers needed. Seems all I needed to do was to add to my com.apple.boot.plist was 'GraphicsEnabler = Yes'. Got everything, QE/CI, full detection, etc.

When I installed it on my RAID! setup, it did not work. I tried using different kexts, patches, enablers, etc. I tried putting the kext files, enablers, etc in my /Extra folder in EFI, in my root, in my S/L/E folder. Nada. I poured through forum after forum and nothing worked. A lot of very nice people helped me out but nothing seemed to work. I would get close, QE/CI and some info in the System Profile but not all. And I would have a problem with Screen Resizing too; I was stuck at 1024x768.

I was just about to give up and revert to a single disk for my OS but I gave it one more shot. Another clean install and all I did for the video was to run the OSX86tools. I chose custom card, entered the name for the card, added the GFX string to my boot.plist, crossed my fingers and wow, it worked. The nvidia kext files I have are vanilla and they do not have my device id's in them. When I do add the device id's, I just get a blue screen upon boot. No enabler needed. I do have screen resizing and everything is detected in System Profiler. My video card has one VGA and one DVI port. I should add that it is important to know, when using OSX86tools, the correct layout of the ports. Get them backwards and you will just get a black (or blue) screen.

The only reason I never used OSX86tools before was for my first card, ATI 1600 Pro, I patched it successfully. (maybe you heard?) And for my ATI 2600 Pro, OSX86tools would not work properly. I would just have to patch instead. So with not much luck with the tools, I did not bother. But I can attest to it now, OSX86tools is awesome and worked wonderfully. I hope this is help to at least one other person.

I can attest that the GraphicsEnabler=yes works for QE/CI in 10.6.2 with vanilla kexts. Although, it doesn't recognize TV-out and mirroring. For this, the only method that works roll back Geforce and NV kexts (9 total) to 10.6.1, then install both NVEnabler and NVEnabler 64 into System/Library/Extensions.

Don't ask me why, but it works! Full acceleration and mirroring with S-video TV-out

My card is a low end Sparkle 9400 GT with 1gb of RAM DVI/VGA/TV-OUT

Hi guys!

I've searched high and low and read the sticky about this card, but i haven't got it cleared. Will the nVidia 9400GT work with the Snow Leopard? And how about performance? The reason why i wan't this card so bad is that i hate noise and then i found this "ASUS EN9400GT SILENT".

My other configurations will look like this:

CPU: Intel Core i5-750.

MOBO: GigaByte GA-P55-UD2.

MEMORY: G-Skill RipJaws, 2 x 2GB.

HARDDRIVE: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12.

Thank's in advance ;)

I can attest that the GraphicsEnabler=yes works for QE/CI in 10.6.2 with vanilla kexts. Although, it doesn't recognize TV-out and mirroring. For this, the only method that works roll back Geforce and NV kexts (9 total) to 10.6.1, then install both NVEnabler and NVEnabler 64 into System/Library/Extensions.

Don't ask me why, but it works! Full acceleration and mirroring with S-video TV-out

My card is a low end Sparkle 9400 GT with 1gb of RAM DVI/VGA/TV-OUT

How do you know it's working? I've seen system profiler data that says Quartz Extreme and openGL are running. My system profiler doesn't say that.

Here is what mine says:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: GPU

Slot: Slot-1

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Displays:

Display Connector:

CTX PV722 DVI:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

How do you know it's working? I've seen system profiler data that says Quartz Extreme and openGL are running. My system profiler doesn't say that.

Here is what mine says:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: GPU

Slot: Slot-1

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Displays:

Display Connector:

CTX PV722 DVI:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

In Snow Leopard- they don't show you in system profiler- looks like you have full acceleration to me. If you can launch Front Row, it's enabled. If in dashboard adding widgets gives you ripples, it's enabled. Hope this helps! :rolleyes: