Drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT - Success

MacNutty

352 posts in this topic

Quick update.

I got it all working after a complete re-install. i did re-install from the iAtkos disk a few times but this time I erased the partition and started from scratch.

After the install, I didn't need to do anything (i.e. modify device id's in kext files etc.) it just picked it up and enabled QE/CI. I did choose the NVinject 0.2.1 installer, but during boot it seems to be using 'natit'(?), however I do have the NVinject kexts in the /Systems/Library/Extensions.

post-449684-1246455523_thumb.png

I`m also trying to make a XFX GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB to fully work.

I have full resolution: 1920x1080 + decent graphics. But no QE & Hardware CI.

Here's my System Profiler Graphics details:

nVidia GeForce 9400 GT:

Chipset Model:	nVidia GeForce 9400 GT
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x065b
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 ROM Revision:	nVidia GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]
 Displays:
Display Connector:
W2353:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-Bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

I used the aqua's 9400 nvidia series + added efi strings using OSx86.

By the way, is there anyone with the device id 0x065b working?

A quick note no anybody who wants someone to make them a driver POST YOUR DEIVCE ID!!

i will be happy to make you a driver just post your device id which can be found in the system profiler

Hello Tazs,

Device ID = 0x0645

Thanks

I Tryed a lot of things here and nothing give me the QE supported.

My card is a ASUS 9400GT 512

my system is in RETAIL install updated to 10.5.7

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

T201W:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

extract the NVCAP, and put it into the NVinject.kext = work without QE

put the GFX string into the apple.Boot.com.plist = work without QE

I never did so many reboots, and nothing works !

someone has an idea?

Hi All, I'd appreciate if somebody could help me to make my ECS Nvidia 9400GT 512Mb to fully work. (Change resolutions, Sleep displya, QE/CI). I've been trying the drivers posted here, also those from nvidia 9 series post, but w/o luck. :D

Here's the card specs: VEN_10DE&DEV_0641&SUBSYS_10B91019&REV_A1

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Everything is working after a fresh install with Distro iAtoks v.7 Kernel: Voodoo v.9.7

NVInject, nothing needed, QE/CL all turned on, USB running at full speed, no Power/Sleep issues.

Although OpenGL has mediocre performance, I am happy enough that it can run iMovie now.

If anyone has any tips on better vga card performance, please direct a path~ Thank you

System Profiler

0x00:

Chipset Model: 0x00

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x065b

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

E70-3:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

post-452024-1247447821_thumb.png

Can u plz upload kexts somewhere else, rapidshare says the download limit for the file is reached.

"To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

I got my stubborn Zotac 512 card to work with iAtkos v7 install onto the 2nd partition using the wonderful, the beautiful NVEnabler option.

Previously nothing had worked previously and I had earnestly tried so many things.

Out of curiousity I did a fresh install of iDeneb 10.5.6 on the 1st partition, no video options,

did not restart into the fresh installation but booted up from the iAtkos v7 and installed only the efi string, and the NVEnabler (also threw in the voodoo hda sound)

booted into the iDeneb fresh install, card is recognised in all but name.

mac bench results are as good as can be expected I think.

Quartz graphics test 230

Open GL 166

Silaisa, you have v7 installed, therin should lie the answer to your card problem but I presume you would have to undo any changes you made to a stock install as regards video.

Boot into the IAv7 instal disk, Uncheck EVERYTHING

Then only check and install the efi string, and the NVEnabler from the install disk

or reinstall v7 again and include the efi string and NVEnabler

using iATKOS_v7i, just select old drivers and NVinject, it should solve the problem....

However, I had probem with Front Row in iATKOS_v7i, but no problem with iDeneb1.5. Anyone can tell me whether the Front Row is working with iATKOS_v7i? Thanks.

Trying like mad to get this config going...

I am stuck with a system that boots to black screen (I can Apple Remote Desktop) to it, and see the card properly recognized (EVGA 1024M 9400GT) as per my attached screenie.

I figure it's due to NVCAP issues (I try both ports VGA/DVI to no avail).

I am running 10.5.7 Vanilla. None of the tools available OSX86Tools/EFI Studio/UInstaller etc have my card listed (9400GT)

I tried using NVFLASH via a bootable stick to capture the rom, but the utility tells me it cant find an nvidia card (tried an 8800GT as well). Both cards work in M$ sadly.

I do not have a Windows installation in my house (other than a Parallels VM of win7 I was trying).

Any suggestions or stories success with this card are welcome! Additional help with NVCAP settings is likely the direction Im assuming.

Thanks!

P.S. the other card is a Palit 8800GT 512 with 1 DVI and 1 HDMI port. Either card would be fine if there is a solution available.

post-83473-1248113539_thumb.jpg

I've seen some of you could get the 065b id card working.... could you please upload the NVDAResman and NVDANV50HAL kext files somewhere??? I would really appreciate it... I don't wanna reinstall the os, I have so many projects on it...

These are my card specs:

GIGABYTE NV 9400 GT

512 MB

ID: 065b

I can change between resolutions... but there's no way to make QE/CE to work.

THANKS!

Sorry for my english, it sounds dodgy cause im spanish :wacko:

After trying many injectors without luck even with NVEnabler that is actually working, I always tried to add this string 0x064110 to NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman. And in this same thread I found some one that added this:

0x064110de&0xfff8ffff

And it worked!!! I don't know what is the 0xff.. part, but I would be really helpful I someone can explain how to determine the correct string to add.

Best Regards

Hi everybody! 

After 2 weeks of headache with my 9400gt 512mb ddr2, yesterday I got my videocard work!

First of all, I understood that you must update your system if your 10.5.4 for example to 10.5.7. To install http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html driver,

here my steps how get it work

1.update system(dont use official update, use special, i have AMD leo4all so i download amd combo update 10.5.7)

2. install downloaded drivers and dont hurry to reboot.

3.write strings with your OSX86

4.reboot and see CI and QE supported!!!! :)

how I change a resolution. With OSX86 you can change now only resolution when mac os is booting. After boot go to system preferences>display, and remember where is located reboot option(in apple menu). Change resolution, when you see a blue screen, you must blindly get reboot in apple menu. after reboot you may see a resolution what you want!!!

sorry for my English, I'm from Russia ;)

i have installed 10.5.7 ,but it didn 't support qe with the 8600gt,and i try many kinds of driver incudeing this ,i still not work,so what can ido ?

Dear friend, this thread is for 9400...

Hi everybody! 

After 2 weeks of headache with my 9400gt 512mb ddr2, yesterday I got my videocard work!

First of all, I understood that you must update your system if your 10.5.4 for example to 10.5.7. To install http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html driver,

here my steps how get it work

1.update system(dont use official update, use special, i have AMD leo4all so i download amd combo update 10.5.7)

2. install downloaded drivers and dont hurry to reboot.

3.write strings with your OSX86

4.reboot and see CI and QE supported!!!! :)

how I change a resolution. With OSX86 you can change now only resolution when mac os is booting. After boot go to system preferences>display, and remember where is located reboot option(in apple menu). Change resolution, when you see a blue screen, you must blindly get reboot in apple menu. after reboot you may see a resolution what you want!!!

sorry for my English, I'm from Russia :(

Hey Voster, what is your Devide ID?

I can confirmed that my gigabyte nVidia 9400 1gb had QE finally Working after

days of trying different things.

In the end it was really straight forward. Cleaned install of iAKTOSv7 and only choose 'NVinject' from the VGA drivers section.

And QE was installed when started up.

Specs

i7 920

gb ex58-ud5

gb nvidia 9400 1gb gt

6 gb 1333 Kingston ddr3

Anyone need help just pm or email tone.nugen@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm Back and with a new attitude.

Anyways I am trying to add the drivers to my current iAtkos v7 installation, I am a n00b and was wondering if you could give my step by step instructions, I am using both the VGA and the DVI ports on my current setup as I have dual-monitors, Anyway if you could help mw with a short tut, it would be awesome!

Thanks,

filip3311

Hi! Im a Newbie and I ve been reaading the post. Ive seen that some guys found a way to make the EVGA GeForce 9400 GT 512 mb VRam blabla haha but I never understood wich EFis strings they used or what they did? Its pretty confusing if someone could help me i would apreciate it!