Drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT - Success

MacNutty

352 posts in this topic

I have the same problem as the post right above this one!!!!!

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

revision ID: 0x00a1

I have a EVGA GeForce 9400 GT 1GB

i tried aqua-mac install, then EFI strings and it doesn't seem to load changes at all, info stays the same like it was before install/efi strings.

deleted all kexts and efi strings, tried darwin 1.2.5 for 1gb cards and it doesn't load the kext, says no kext loaded. but the kext file shows up in extensions folder... weird.

tried a another darwin which was for 512MB, kext loaded, showed 512 VRAM qe/ci not enabled!!!

i have an asus p6t retail install.

Right now, i think its loading Geforce.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, and NVDAResman.kext.

I NEED SOMEONE'S HELP! I've spent over a day trying to figure this out. I just need to configure this video and the sound and i am done!

Please help!

**TRIED NETKAS.ORG ENABLER** all this did was give me the correct VRAM, still only 1 resolution, still no QE/CI

Hey, I was having this same problem again with my 10.5.8 upgrade. Somehow, my Boot132 disc was able to recognize my card as "Unknown NVidia", gave me full resolution, and QE. If you've tried everything you can think of, try upgrading your EFI bootloader. Chameleon has a new cool one. Be kind and donate to the cause if you use it. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Have an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 mobo. XFX 9400GT 1GB fanless card.

Running iDeneb 10.5.5. Tried most of the options over here.

my Hardware profile shows only 512 MB and no QE and CI support. Also DVI does not work.

Another thing is i have 2 of these cards which i'm hoping to use to get 4 displays in all. Right now when both cards are connected it doesn't boot up, tried the -v -f and it freezes.

Any help is much appreciated.

Profile shows NVInject in ROM

This seems to be the only one working. The EFI string using OSx86 method doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks for all the hard work and info. I got mine working on DVI only (Asus 9400 GT 512MB) with EFI strings after finally using "DVI-I/VGA" as the configuration! I always put "VGA/DVI-I" since that's how the ports look from left to right.

Hello Fireofanor, i hope you get this, look, i got a 9400 GT and i managed to get it working with QE/CI, its 1024Mb, that works too, im doing it with NVinject and i would like to know something.

1. How did you get the Quarz GL working, if you dont know, can you please send me you KEXTs, all video KEXTs.

2. I got a problem with a balck screen at the start, it goes black screen for like 2 min and the computer does nothing the hole time, them it starts and go to the blue screen, wallpaper, and run ok from there.

3. Can you calibrate your monitor from the System Configuration menu??.. Because i cant and when that problem happened on my GMA950 later on it was a bad sign of broken, slow, or failing graphic configuration.

Thanks in advance

Hello Fireofanor, i hope you get this, look, i got a 9400 GT and i managed to get it working with QE/CI, its 1024Mb, that works too, im doing it with NVinject and i would like to know something.

1. How did you get the Quarz GL working, if you dont know, can you please send me you KEXTs, all video KEXTs.

2. I got a problem with a balck screen at the start, it goes black screen for like 2 min and the computer does nothing the hole time, them it starts and go to the blue screen, wallpaper, and run ok from there.

3. Can you calibrate your monitor from the System Configuration menu??.. Because i cant and when that problem happened on my GMA950 later on it was a bad sign of broken, slow, or failing graphic configuration.

Thanks in advance

I have an XFX 9400gt 1gb card. Device id is 0641. Asus P6T Deluxe V2. Using iDeneb 1.3(10.5.5)

How did you get QE/CI to work using NVInject?

I use an NVInject and it shows only 512MB. And QE/CI are not supported.

Appreciate a quick reply.

Thanks.

Any idea if it's possible to run 2 card of the same type, but not in SLI config? Anyone?

Hello ALL, i hope you get this, look, i got a 9400 GT and i managed to get it working with QE/CI, its 1024Mb, that works too, im doing it with NVinject and i would like to know something.

2. I got a problem with a black screen at the start, it goes black screen for like 2 min afther the apple logo, and the computer does nothing the hole time, them it starts and go to the blue screen, wallpaper, and run ok from there.

3. Can you calibrate your monitor color scheme from the System Configuration menu??.. Because i cant and when that problem happened on my GMA950 it was a bad sign of broken, slow, or failing graphic configuration.

Thanks i really want this working 100%.

Thanks in advance

Ok... freaky stuff. I managed to get QE/CI to work!!!

Soon after my last post, i tried the method in this link

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1112932

Didn't work out. got basic 1024x768 resolution and 32MB VRAM... then i just installed the NVInject.kext using the Kext helper. Restarted and Voila!

Memory still showing 512 though, but QE/CI is supported. DVI port is still not working, boots into black screen.

Will try a new EFI string with DVI and VGA ports and see(the last one i did was VGA and DVI).

I have this card Geforce Nvidia 9400 Gt of 1Giga

and i want to get it work

i install the kext from this post i get this... just 512 mb

How can i get it work with 1 giga??

please helpme

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Modelo de chipset: Graphics by NVIDIA

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: PCIe

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 512 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0641

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

Revisión de la ROM: NVinject 0.2.1

Pantallas:

Conector de pantalla:

Estado: No hay ninguna pantalla conectada

L177WSB:

Resolución: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Acelerado por hardware

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Compatible

Rotación: Compatible

Hello to all,

do I have any hope to get my video card working with full CI & QE?

My card is NVidia Geforce G105 M with 512Mb Ram. It is also known as G86.

I got it working with G200 driver, but SystemProfiler show CoreImage = SOFTWARE :( with no QE.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I try for few days now to install drivers for my Graphic Card (an EN9400GT) using few differents distros (last one was ideneb 1.6 10.5.8).

I tried nvjet kext files, also the kext file we found in this topic for 9400GT without succes, i'm stuck with 1024x780 resolution.

I didn't use EFI stuff cause each time i tried to install it using osx86 tools or EFi editor i got errors message (can't find Osx86 bad directory) or one time my boot crash.

Does anyone got a sugestion of driver or a simple receipie (i already did manually the chmod and chown to the kext files and delete extension.kext file and reboot or use a kext installer).

Thank you all for your help.

Here my conf and i did recently to try to make it:

Conf: Mother Board MSI K9MKG-V, AMD X2 5200+, 2Go of Ram, 500Go WD Sata drive (use for macosx only, my windows is on an other drive, no dual boot i switch the boot priority on the bios).

And for my GC Asus EN9400GT 512MB Vendor ID 0x065b10de (it's a new card work fine with Windows)

Each time a get fail with the install of GC drivers, instead of try to fix i did fresh re-install.

I used IPC 10.5.6 and ideneb 1.6 distros.

I do the installs without checking any graphics card drivers, i use OSX86 tools to install the kext files (i did once manually)

I first use the origianl drivers from McNutty without changing vendor ID and it seem the drivers didn't load (still in 1024*780), when i change the vendor ID (i edit the info.list files in sudo mode, change existing IDs with my ID, clear Extensions.kext and reboot) i got a black screen and no signal come out my card.

I used also the kext made by Taz, change the vendors ID's on kext infolist files same problem.

I try recepie on post 31 and 32: Install kext files, add EFI string hex between <string></string> on com.apple.boot file, fix permissions and reboot but nothing happened.

Everything else work fine so please someone can help me !!! This time i really got hardtime !

Thanks !!!

Hi, tompasto

GeForce9400GT.kext was tested with retails. I think you have a conflict with another video injector, like natit or Ati_init. Check your extensions folder and remove them.

Tx for you reply,

i did it clear all Ge* NV* and ATI* on Extensions before installing kext files.

I made some fixes:

Resolution changes works in VGA mode(tested with retail Leo1058), fixed revision error, works with Chameleon 1012 (Extra/Extentions), recognized as a local root.

I install it, i didn't have lag anymore but i'm still stuck in 1024*780.

I try to add Graphic mode in com.apple.boot.list but it did nothing

• 2 weeks later...