Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

hello.. i have a problem with booting.. don't know why but my snow leopard is locked on "apple" screen.. i see this

imag9283.th.jpgimag9282.th.jpg

it don't freeze my pc because the rolling icon turns for all the time... don't know why it jump in a "deny access" on apple, it can be a kernel panic?

i have a zotac ion itx f-e with 4gb ram @800mhz Vram 512mb

i did this passages.. do hard disk at guid partition, install leopard from dvd (from a real mac), upgrade on 10.6.2, install chamaleon 4 RC, use osx86 to change kernel, change extras files/boot/put stuff folder in root

so? what's the problem? chamaleon runs good, it sees my windows 7 partition, and it boots it without problems, snow leopard partition with install file starts, but i get kernel panic, sure, i use an atom..

help me plz, thank you

best reguards

hello.. i have a problem with booting.. don't know why but my snow leopard is locked on "apple" screen.. i see this

imag9283.th.jpgimag9282.th.jpg

it don't freeze my pc because the rolling icon turns for all the time... don't know why it jump in a "deny access" on apple, it can be a kernel panic?

i have a zotac ion itx f-e with 4gb ram @800mhz Vram 512mb

i did this passages.. do hard disk at guid partition, install leopard from dvd (from a real mac), upgrade on 10.6.2, install chamaleon 4 RC, use osx86 to change kernel, change extras files/boot/put stuff folder in root

so? what's the problem? chamaleon runs good, it sees my windows 7 partition, and it boots it without problems, snow leopard partition with install file starts, but i get kernel panic, sure, i use an atom..

help me plz, thank you

best reguards

I had the same problem at first, You need to change an option on the Bios

in the advance tab in "ide configuration/sata mode select" you need to select AHCI

hope that solve your problem

:(

I had the same problem at first, You need to change an option on the Bios

in the advance tab in "ide configuration/sata mode select" you need to select AHCI

hope that solve your problem

:P

yeah! it starts!! wonderfully! thanx man, i love you! ehehe :P

now i have another problem, this leopard can't find my ps2 keyboard, its a logitech internet keyboard, it has about 8 years, it's old but rocks! :P

may i need to installa appleps2 keytext?

i can't install appleps2controller.keytext, i used osx86 and help7etcetc and, don't know why but, i can't press botton, it doesen't spark, it, don't know how to explain, mmmm, so, i can't use osx86 because i can't click on appleps2controller.keytext, it can't be selected, really don't know why

i tried with ad usb keyboard, and it works, but this keyboard is for gaming, don't has all the buttons, only WASD and the others for fight games

sure, i can't install keytext by terminal, i don't have a keyboard so, how can i use to write leggers? :P

i'm using windows 7, and i can write a txt with the propositions, than i can select those and drag n drop it, but..

teach me how to do, thank you

yeah u will need that one.

could you link me a valid one? i'm tring with a lot of drivers but no-one works.. i use kext utility because os86 wan't works.. thank you

ok.. a resolved the problem by using PS2_Univers.zip pakage, may install all of 2 pack and it works perfectly!

thanx guys for all :D

it doesnt work another one time.. can you put your files for me?

could you link me a valid one? i'm tring with a lot of drivers but no-one works.. i use kext utility because os86 wan't works.. thank you

ok.. a resolved the problem by using PS2_Univers.zip pakage, may install all of 2 pack and it works perfectly!

thanx guys for all :D

it doesnt work another one time.. can you put your files for me?

hi

I also used a ps2 keyboard for a start using AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext

you can find those in this forum

now i'm using a bluetooth keyboard

for installation you can use a program called KextUtility you can easily find with google

you only need to put the app in your application folder or utilities folder and then you drag the kexts you want to install on the KextUtility.app icon, its a cool program, it repairs permissions cleans the OS and install the kext

only on thing it install the new kext in /library/extensions

hope it helps

hi

I also used a ps2 keyboard for a start using AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext

you can find those in this forum

now i'm using a bluetooth keyboard

for installation you can use a program called KextUtility you can easily find with google

you only need to put the app in your application folder or utilities folder and then you drag the kexts you want to install on the KextUtility.app icon, its a cool program, it repairs permissions cleans the OS and install the kext

only on thing it install the new kext in /library/extensions

hope it helps

thanx for answers but, i found a lot of versions of ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and all of those has the same problem, now i'm using VoodooPS2Controller.kext and it works normally.. don't know why but, if you can upload YOUR kext i'll be happier than now.

really, i found 4 versions of appleps2, and all oh those doesen't works.. so..

thank you

Hey,

thanks for this great work. There are just a few things,that i need to know.

I want to use Zotac ION F-E Mobo, this will work,I think. There are a few posts which siad that.

But how can I install OSX86? I have no Mac so I need a way to install without one. Hope you can help me. I did a lot of reading,but I`m still newbie :D

Hey,

thanks for this great work. There are just a few things,that i need to know.

I want to use Zotac ION F-E Mobo, this will work,I think. There are a few posts which siad that.

But how can I install OSX86? I have no Mac so I need a way to install without one. Hope you can help me. I did a lot of reading,but I`m still newbie :)

you have to install an hacked distibutions of snow leopard by using a DVD. This is not an hacked version, this is the REAL version with manual patch ;)

if you want to install it you may have a mac

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone! I'm running a Zotac ION-F-E without problems since months! Standby doesn't have high priority for me. Sad, that wake-on-lan doesn't work, but it's ok.

One other thing: how about Zotac's new ION ITX P-E? It looks like that Atom is replaced with the Celeron only, but rest should be the same?

http://www.anandtech.com/Show/Index/3869?c...-in-nvidias-ion

No Atom means no patched kernel?

hello guys

I'm VERY HAPPY

because I made some good progress this week with this mobo

First you must know I'm a complete newbee to this hackintosh stuff

during last four days I spent many hours reading many threads and experimenting

Anyhow I finally managed to get everything working under 10.6.4 :

-shutdown

-restart

-SLEEP

-clean Sound

-WIFI

-temp readings

-P states , c-states

I'm happy because now I can sleep too.

for the hardware I'm using the zotac ionitx A-E with:

- ssd 30Go with only one OSX partition

- 2x 1GB of ram

- pluged to my amp with an optical cable and to my TV with a HDMI cable

very simple.

To make this work you need this:

the "Patched mach_kernel 10.4.0 for Atom-based netbooks"for 10.6.4 from teateam

Chameleon 2 RC5 Unofficial Package Installer, Unofficial Package Installer based on latest RC5 trunk. from iFabio

my DSDT, smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist (you might need to modify those if, for example, you have more ram or have several partitions on your disk)

and 5 kexts :

these 3 in /extra folder

- AHCIPortInjector.kext : from eugene k2 see first page of this topic)

- OpenHaltRestart.kext (don't remember where to get that but you'll have it in my extra folder attached)

- SleepEnabler.kext from rals2007 that you can get here

**Updated** SleepEnabler for 10.6.4, Also works for 10.6.0 / 10.6.1 / 10.6.2 / 10.6.3

and these 2 in /system/Library/extensions :

- AppleHDA.kext from tmongkol : he made a version for the AL662

ALC889A, Gigabyte (Intel), AppleHDA works nVidia built-in HDMI audio and some ATI brands.

- FakeSMC.kext (rememeber to remove the unnecesary pluggins inside the kext before installing)

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1206

here are attached will find

BIOS settings : I'm running at normal speed (1.6GHz ) no overclock

Extra folder including everything i got there : DSDT smbios.plist and 3 kexts

the 2 kexts that need to be put in /system/Library/extensions

the chameleon settings

If anyone is interested I'll give you some explanation on the DSDT customization to get shutdown restart and sleep

bios.zip

Extra.zip

System_Lib_Extensions.zip

chameleon_RC5.zip

I'm happy too..

Many thanks, it was what I was have waited for... :D

All works with the same configuration.

Nice to hear it :)

There is an additional setting that I think useful

you will notice that if you go to the apple menu and put the computer to sleep manually it will put it in hibernate : hard drive, fan, etc off, when you press the keyboard or mouse it wakes nicely

but if you go to "system preferences / energy saver" and set computer sleep to a certain time

after the time specified the system doesn't really put everything to sleep, the fan continues to turn...

to solve this, you have to open a terminal window and enter this command

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

like this, the system really hibernate every time it goes to sleep

Eugene 2K suggested that on the first page of this topic, but I believe the syntax is wrong, use mine instead

Hi!

I use the Zotac Ion F-E board and after 2 nights hard work I finally managed to get nearly everyting to work. (exept for wireless lan but it seems to be mormal with this card)

Now i think about a bigger hard disk. Does anybody have some experiences with harddisks above 1 TB?

Thanks for your replys!

Hi!

I use the Zotac Ion F-E board and after 2 nights hard work I finally managed to get nearly everyting to work. (exept for wireless lan but it seems to be mormal with this card)

Now i think about a bigger hard disk. Does anybody have some experiences with harddisks above 1 TB?

Thanks for your replys!

gungam,

In your post you mentioned that you own the F-E board. Would you mind if I ask you to upload the kexts, DSDT and smbios you used to get it working. After my upgrade to 10.6.4 I haven't been able to sleep the machine. Shutdown doesn't work (hackintosh stays on after the soft-shutdown.

By the way, you can overclock the F-E to 2.05GHz stable by bumping up the FSB to 650Mhz in the BIOS (UNLINK). Anything over 650 will cause it to freeze up and lock every now and then. The speed difference is certainly noticeable.

Cheers

Hi Yoni!

I used the kexts of polvorito in this post: Link

first i had some problems because i did not fixed the /System/Libary/Extensions permissions. After i fixed them with some utility and set the bios to the same options as polvorito i was able to boot the system. In verbose mode I saw some USB errors. To solve this problem you have to set the USB form highspeed to fullspeed.

Now everything should work fine...

I tried to overclock the system to 2 GHZ by bumping the fsb to 667 but it didn't work. I have good experiences with a fsb of 600.

btw: since yesterday i have big problems with my bios. everytime i reboot the system i have a bad cmos checksum and bios defaults are loaded. Very anoying!

Biosbattery has 3.11V i think thats not the problem. Does anybody know if it is possible to flash the bios without installing windows?

Hi Yoni!

first i had some problems because i did not fixed the /System/Libary/Extensions permissions. After i fixed them with some utility and set the bios to the same options as polvorito i was able to boot the system. In verbose mode I saw some USB errors. To solve this problem you have to set the USB form highspeed to fullspeed.

I tried to overclock the system to 2 GHZ by bumping the fsb to 667 but it didn't work. I have good experiences with a fsb of 600.

btw: since yesterday i have big problems with my bios. everytime i reboot the system i have a bad cmos checksum and bios defaults are loaded. Very anoying!

Biosbattery has 3.11V i think thats not the problem. Does anybody know if it is possible to flash the bios without installing windows?

Well, I tried polvorito's fix and unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. I actually tried it several times. I'm away from home now so I only have remote access to my zotac hackintosh. I ended up using the files in the first post of this thread (ionitx_boot_v2.zip). My wireless, sound and reboot works fine with the DSDT included in that post (I haven't edited yet - again, away from home)

Actually I noticed that with polvorito's DSDT and boot file the performance is very poor. Open Activity Monitor and you will notice that one CPU core is working at almost 100% while the other 3 cores are not used. Replacing my DSDT and the boot file in / (root) with the ones in this post brought me back to normal. Only then I was able to rise the FSB to 650 UNLINKED (reading 2.05GHz) stable.

I'm using it as my media center machine and I also run a virtualized FreeNAS server off of it with a bunch of disks connected to a USB enclosure.

The issue with the bad CMOS checksum isn't a problem. You are probably missing the FakeSMC. Polvorito installed it into /S/L/E but I keep mine under /Extensions.

Make sure you download the fakesmc from this thread's first post as well.... actually, download the .zip file and use everything in it instead of what others have posted. Compare it with what you have used and I'll look at the sleep/shutdown issue when I get home tonight.

Hi guys

actually the only differences between my DSDT and eugene 2k's are:

- I removed the only P state he put in there and let Chameleon handle it (it works, you need to see the setting I put in there: like generate p states, generate C states, etc ) this is for a processor at normal settings

- fixed some irq for the shutdown /reset / sleep

(I'm not in front of my hack now, but if you want I can tell you exactly where I made modifications)

My solution works as a whole, you really need to set your Bios and chameleon exactly as I did, use the same DSDT, same com.apple.Boot.plist, same smbios and everything I put in /extra and in /S/L/E

other kexts must be removed and permisions repaired, I suggest using kextutility.app before restart. If you get errors on boot you can also use the option -f of chameleon.

If you want to overclock you'll be forced to either

- use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and give up sleep and power management capabilities ...

- Or fill your DSDT with the proper P States, C States values that you need to calculate so you can get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (good luck with that, it seems quite complex... but if you manage to do that I'm interested :) )

I had some cmos reset on wake after sleep at some point, but it was corrected by unchecking in System preferences/ Energy saver/ the option "wake for network access"

In chameleon if you check the option "vbios" you don't get real shutdown...

You really, really need to use the same kexts I posted, they are updated, all of them are from october or september this year.

The ones from eugene 2K are from late 2009, many of them are no good for 10.6.4

As I pointed: FakeSMC comes with some plugins inside of it. You must remove the ones you don't need (the one I posted is already cleaned for the zotac ionitx AE and I pretty sure it will work for the F-E version)

Don't use the fakeSMC from the first post it is outdated (if go to the link on my post( http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1206), you'll see that fakesmc has evolved a lot, newer version are better ...

Edit I modified the RAM values in DSDT aswell, if you are using 4GB you need to change that

Hi guys

actually the only differences between my DSDT and eugene 2k's are:

- I removed the only P state he put in there and let Chameleon handle it (it works, you need to see the setting I put in there: like generate p states, generate C states, etc ) this is for a processor at normal settings

- fixed some irq for the shutdown /reset / sleep

(I'm not in front of my hack now, but if you want I can tell you exactly where I made modifications)

My solution works as a whole, you really need to set your Bios and chameleon exactly as I did, use the same DSDT, same com.apple.Boot.plist, same smbios and everything I put in /extra and in /S/L/E

other kexts must be removed and permisions repaired, I suggest using kextutility.app before restart. If you get errors on boot you can also use the option -f of chameleon.

If you want to overclock you'll be forced to either

- use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and give up sleep and power management capabilities ...

- Or fill your DSDT with the proper P States, C States values that you need to calculate so you can get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (good luck with that, it seems quite complex... but if you manage to do that I'm interested ;) )

I had some cmos reset on wake after sleep at some point, but it was corrected by unchecking in System preferences/ Energy saver/ the option "wake for network access"

In chameleon if you check the option "vbios" you don't get real shutdown...

You really, really need to use the same kexts I posted, they are updated, all of them are from october or september this year.

The ones from eugene 2K are from late 2009, many of them are no good for 10.6.4

As I pointed: FakeSMC comes with some plugins inside of it. You must remove the ones you don't need (the one I posted is already cleaned for the zotac ionitx AE and I pretty sure it will work for the F-E version)

Don't use the fakeSMC from the first post it is outdated (if go to the link on my post( http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1206), you'll see that fakesmc has evolved a lot, newer version are better ...

Edit I modified the RAM values in DSDT aswell, if you are using 4GB you need to change that

Hi Polvorito, thanks a lot for your help. In fact, I got my Zotac up and running by following your guide. It's been really helpful. There are a couple of things I have to work on though. I can't get my USB ports to run "HiSpeed" so basically I changed it to "FullSpeed" (USB 1.1) to work on it in the meantime.

It wouldn't boot after installing chameleon even when the cache was properly rebuilt and permissions were fixed. I ended up swapping the sata cables for my hard drive and DVD drive. Somehow the computer was booting up now and then even when no changes had been previously made. Either it wasn't loading the changes in the CMOS setup properly or the sata cables it had were kind of loose. I reset the CMOS setup and swap the cables as mentioned and it is running and installing updates as I write here.

I have to work on the USB issue though. I run a virtualized FreeNAS server on this machine with a bunch of drives as a backup NAS connected via USB so, yeah, USB 2.0 is my only way to go. 1.1 speed is actually painfully killer for me. Honestly, there is nothing to complaint about. As of yet, you gave us a fully working hackintosh guide AND I haven't even looked at the DSDT file for my own customizations. PRICELESS!

Everything in my previous post was simply what I experienced when following the guide the first few times. I needed to keep the machine up and running because the backup routine cannot wait.

For overclocking, I'll wait to see how it behaves tonight while we watch a rip while the backup takes place. Sleep/Shutdown is never a real issue for me though, I run this beauty 24/7 plugged into a UPS and I abuse it forcing it to run server services

Thanks for your help

Hi Polvorito!

Thanks for your quick reply. And before I say anything else... Thank you very much for your great how to and your configuration files!!!!

I'll try to switch of the "wake for network access" option on monday and see how the bios behaves. But it would be really sad to abadon the wake on lan option. Does it work with the -vbios option in chameleon? And what do you mean with no "real"shutdown. For me it would be great if the system only goes to sleep and i could wake it up with a magic packet. If i really want to switch it off i can use the switch on the case after shutdown.

Bye the way. I want to use Plex as mediacenter for 1080p movies. Does anybody have some experiences with this setup? Does it work or do you have some other suggestions?

Thanks again for your knowledge!!!

gunnar

@Yoni Yoni : that's odd I have my usb set to "hi speed" maybe you should try the chameleon settings "fix usb".

Actually I'm not using any DVD drive. Only a SSD drive. I put My zoctac inside a Nintendo 64, so there's no space for DVD :

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=24650

there is even a tom's hardware article about my mod : -_-

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nintendo-...-Ion,11445.html

@gungam

I had problems with the chameleon's VBIOS that's why I unchecked it...

I haven't really made a research on wake on lan...

but I belive there is a guy here who had the same problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...zotac&st=60

Try look and see if he found a solution.

"No real shutdown" is when you put the system to shutdown (apple menu /Shutdown) OSX goes off but you have the fans still spining and power light on.

Plex is really GOOD, I recommend it.

It's almost the only app I run in my hackintosh, with spotify.

At home I have a airport extreme with wifi N 5ghz I also have one Imac and a macbook

In the Imac I have a big hard drive with all of my movies, series and music In the macbook my wife have some music and videos.

What you need to do is install plex with it's media server on each of your machines. When you go yo any of them you can see all the libraries of all the others machines in your network, theres is almost nothing to setup for this to work.

You could also have hard drives connected to your airport extreme and plex would see it.

Plex takes care of everything, it even finds all the metadata of your medias (artwork, year, actors producer etc etc.)

You only need to make sure the file names follow some rules, series in particular.

The Iphone app is very nice to, you can use it as remote for plex, browse the libraries...

and is free, I believe it is open source as well

Thanks for giving a try to my hack!

I still have a problem maybe some of you have found the solution.

I have a belkin bluetooth dongle plugged to a usb port, its recognized by the system and works.

I'm using an apple's bluetooth keyboard and I would like to use the magic trackpad.

When the system goes to sleep and then wakes up (from hibernation) the FN keys on the keyboard comes back all mixed up, and the magic trackpad stops working.

Hi Yoni!

it works fine in my configuration.. i have a zotac ion itx f-e with overclock @ 667mhz (2ghz cpu) and atom alimentation declassed by -0,1V, and it's works as well as can.. so, you can, maybe u have to install a biggher fan, i have an 80x80 on stock dissipator, and temperatures are around 30°

fan pwm modulable my bios in automodulation

schermata20101018a15284.th.png