Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

if screen blinking or black out after boot up on 10.6.4, remove Chameleon's VBIOS=yes.

You saved my day! Everything worked except wake up from sleep, I got a black screen all the time.

After removing the VBIOS setting in Chameleon the screen comes up.

Thanks for the tip, now I can enjoy my Hackintosh mediacenter pc :)

Update to 10.6.4

post-609029-1276695234_thumb.png

.....almost without issues.

And this is all you need....:

Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo

MacOSX10.6.3kernel10.3.0_atom32_64.zip this ist the pached 10.3.0 Atom 64 bit kernel from Dreamwatcher

AppleHDA.kext.zip modified from shoarting with kexthelper into S/L/E

Two Partitions with Mac OS X on your computer to install from one partition to the other.

Good luck !

10.4 kernel patched by Teateam - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0

Just waiting for my mobo to arrive to build my Ion Mac

10.4 kernel patched by Teateam - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0

Just waiting for my mobo to arrive to build my Ion Mac

I'd be careful installing 10.6.4, seems like alot of people are having cpu temperature issues with that update, and I mean alot of real macs as well.

So This could be the end of a beautiful friendship instead of a beginning when you fry your cpu.

I'd stick with 10.6.3 and just download safari 5 etc. well any of those updates could be the culprit so keep a bunch of ccc back-up's handy :)

good luck all of ya,

terramir

PS: anybody get a chance to look at my virgin dsdt.aml file and could give me some hints. I tried doing standard patch things like patch for enabling hyperthreading (deleting aliases) but I still get KP's if I do that.

terramir

If I had hair on my head I could grab, well I'd be pulling it out right now, I added your cpu power management the dg.. method thingy and I replaced the HDAC with the paragraph you had there including the pinout however no sound as of yet :) . voodoo sound is crappy, cmon someone here gimme a break and take a look at this, thing is I added the kext as well as the paragraph from the dsdt.aml of the original post however if there is something else I need to do I dun know what it is cause I can't get the audio to work or detect.

gonna have to boot on the HD that has the voodoo for now (I'm working with 2 HD for now so I can keep trying stuff without ending up with an unbootable system.

My dsdt.aml is attached below, added everything that was in the one catagory (unless I goofed something up, but I dunno about the second.

Also if the pinout for the 662 is different on the AT3N7A-I is there anyway to figure that out so you guys can help me.

I could always boot a live distro of ubuntu from a usb dvd drive and try retrieve the info needed that way. I would really like this to work. because ever since I upgraded to 10.6.3 hyper-threading works :D and the playback of shows mpeg2 HDTV seems to be working fine. x264 be danged for now as long as tv works it's all good.

Help I need decent audio and sleep !

If someone can solve those issues I hereby promise to become a donor to this site. :) dun have much money but if the community helps I'll help anyway I can.

Anyways. DSDT.aml below

edit: I also attached a voodooHDA audio dump maybe that can help someone here help me get my audio up and running right.

2nd edit also attached a linux dump if someone could help it would be great.

dsdt.aml_2nd_try.zip

audio_dump.rtf

audiodump.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 10.6.4, i had to use new SleepEnabler, 10.4 kernel (10.3 was giving me a KP with SleepEnabler) and NullCPUPowerManagement, the system works like a charm (HD videos under boxee are played very nice) :) the only issues that i have, are the constantly cmos resets and that i need to set the sound output to internal speakers to get some sound

Anyone get a chance to look at my newly posted audio dump from linux how does it differ from the one in the ionitx? cause that would go a long way in fixing my audio.

terramir

Hi, this thread is dedicated to the Zotac ION-ITX.

Thread-crapping is uncool enough, nagging folks to respond to your threadcraps is uncool & whiney.

Amazing work people!!

I have a similar Asus AT3N7A-I board that I've been struggling to get to work previously, with the new files you provided (v2) almost everything worked out of the box .. only had to install the Realtek R1000SL kext manually to get the ethernet to wake up. Before these files and guides I wasn't able to get the graphics working properly, and most of the USB ports were disabled too :)

One problem I have noticed is that playback using QT is pretty bad, mp4s dont play at all and avis freeze a lot but I'm happy enough as it'll be mainly used as a file server anyway.

Cheers!

Monty

Hi there. I have this motherboard too but i´m getting very frustrated because its been a week and i was not abble to put this thing working. Please can you tell me how you did the installation, what to do after the installation to make the hackintosh boot directly in snow leopard without issues? i tried to install with the retail 10.6 and went ok(i had to put -v -x cpus=2) on the bootloader to get to the installation gui. But now what? there is just so many information in the internet that i'm lost.. I want to use this as a mediacenter so i think i have to update to 10.6.4 to enable hardware acceleration and use xbmc to watch the 720p 1080p movies. How to do this? i tried many things before posting this and always end up in Kernel Panic or black screen... Please help me guys. Thanks in advane

Hi there. I have this motherboard too but i´m getting very frustrated because its been a week and i was not abble to put this thing working. Please can you tell me how you did the installation, what to do after the installation to make the hackintosh boot directly in snow leopard without issues? i tried to install with the retail 10.6 and went ok(i had to put -v -x cpus=2) on the bootloader to get to the installation gui. But now what? there is just so many information in the internet that i'm lost.. I want to use this as a mediacenter so i think i have to update to 10.6.4 to enable hardware acceleration and use xbmc to watch the 720p 1080p movies. How to do this? i tried many things before posting this and always end up in Kernel Panic or black screen... Please help me guys. Thanks in advane

Finally!! -_- It´s working!! I had to install chamaleon RC3. After that i still had white apple logo screen freeze. Then i managed to remove the VBIOS=yes from chamaleon and voilá! booted right away. Now i´m cloning this partition and then i will try to update to 10.6.4... Could you guys teach me the best way to do this? Now i can adjust the resolution right but when i watch hd videos from youtube it sucks.. :( i guess is because the hardware acceleration don´t work in 10.6.2 right? is it working on 10.6.4? Thank you

Hi, this thread is dedicated to the Zotac ION-ITX.

Thread-crapping is uncool enough, nagging folks to respond to your threadcraps is uncool & whiney.

If you hadn't disabled Pm I could have asked you directly, which I tried before even posting to this thread once sorry :):wacko:

nice to know your listening Pm me please and add an e-mail then maybe we can talk.

BTW it's dedicated to the ionitx-A-E which some people here dun have :blink::unsure:

The AT3N7A-I is definitely a related board and once I lock everything down which I could use your help with I will definitely start a new thread and credit you properly.

Hope you can understand I couldn't find any zotac boards retail or trust me I would have gotten the one with the mini pci-e and the pci-e 16x slot and not the lousy pci slot I got :(

Hope you or someone else is willing to help cause I can't figure it out and I read almost 30 pages I printed out from various forums.

terramir

Finally!! ;) It´s working!! I had to install chamaleon RC3. After that i still had white apple logo screen freeze. Then i managed to remove the VBIOS=yes from chamaleon and voilá! booted right away. Now i´m cloning this partition and then i will try to update to 10.6.4... Could you guys teach me the best way to do this? Now i can adjust the resolution right but when i watch hd videos from youtube it sucks.. :( i guess is because the hardware acceleration don´t work in 10.6.2 right? is it working on 10.6.4? Thank you

My steps from 10.6.2 (Installed Snow Leopard Hazard) where:

1. Apply the update combo to 10.6.4 from http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1048 DO NOT REBOOT
  2. Downloaded and installed the 10.4 kernel patch from teateam http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0 Just replaced it with the mach_kernel on /
  3. Downloaded and installed SleepEnabler for 10.6.4 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466 , and set pmVersion=20 on kernel flags (I'm not sure if it's necessary)
  4. Installed fixed AppleHDA kext from hlakustiker http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1490636
  5. Installed myhack http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2010/06/myhack...r-1-1-released/ , just ticked NullCPUPowerManagement, ElliotForceLegacyRTC and IONetworkingFamily.
  6. Cross fingers, reboot and pray for it to boot with no problems

Youtube videos plays nice, sometimes it get glitchy when running multiple apps, flash sucks man ;)

My steps from 10.6.2 (Installed Snow Leopard Hazard) where:

1. Apply the update combo to 10.6.4 from http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1048 DO NOT REBOOT
  2. Downloaded and installed the 10.4 kernel patch from teateam http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0 Just replaced it with the mach_kernel on /
  3. Downloaded and installed SleepEnabler for 10.6.4 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466 , and set pmVersion=20 on kernel flags (I'm not sure if it's necessary)
  4. Installed fixed AppleHDA kext from hlakustiker http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1490636
  5. Installed myhack http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2010/06/myhack...r-1-1-released/ , just ticked NullCPUPowerManagement, ElliotForceLegacyRTC and IONetworkingFamily.
  6. Cross fingers, reboot and pray for it to boot with no problems

Youtube videos plays nice, sometimes it get glitchy when running multiple apps, flash sucks man :P

Thank you.I managed to update even without installing myhack. I installed it now and everything is ok like before. I put the sleepenabler.kext on the extra folder and removed the old one..hope it works because when i left the machine on this morning when i came back i touched everything and nothing...i even had to pull the power cable off to get image on the screen on reebot. Everything looks good now :( but no sound :( This board has a via VIA VT1708S. Is there a working kext for 10.6.4? I installed one but no good. I´m kind a noob on this things so i have some dumb questions for you guys.

1- Hyper Threading is active on my bios so is it working? i mean is it helping in cpu performance or HT is not possible?

2-Whats the difference between Snow Leopard running in 32bit or in 64bit? Is it better in 64? Can i put it in 64 with my atom(330)?

Thanks people

Thank you.I managed to update even without installing myhack. I installed it now and everything is ok like before. I put the sleepenabler.kext on the extra folder and removed the old one..hope it works because when i left the machine on this morning when i came back i touched everything and nothing...i even had to pull the power cable off to get image on the screen on reebot. Everything looks good now :) but no sound :) This board has a via VIA VT1708S. Is there a working kext for 10.6.4? I installed one but no good. I´m kind a noob on this things so i have some dumb questions for you guys.

1- Hyper Threading is active on my bios so is it working? i mean is it helping in cpu performance or HT is not possible?

2-Whats the difference between Snow Leopard running in 32bit or in 64bit? Is it better in 64? Can i put it in 64 with my atom(330)?

Thanks people

64 bit tends to be better with some things however at the current moment I'm running 32 myself.

hyperthreading does make a difference I saw that when I recorded two shows and playedback one show at the same time the video ended up grabled without hyperthreading. and yes the atom 330 is a 64 bit processor the 270 on the other hand isn't

good luck

terramir

64 bit tends to be better with some things however at the current moment I'm running 32 myself.

hyperthreading does make a difference I saw that when I recorded two shows and playedback one show at the same time the video ended up grabled without hyperthreading. and yes the atom 330 is a 64 bit processor the 270 on the other hand isn't

good luck

terramir

Thank you Terramir. Did you managed to put your audio working? It´s driving me crazy... On 10.6 it worked. Now on 10.6.4 i get no sound device... i installed several kext to try it out but nothing worked..I red something about editing the dsdt file but i don´t know how to do it.. the sleep feature isn´t working too but the audio is my main concern right now because i want to use this as a media center..got video but not audio...Not even the shutdown is working properly. The Snow Leopard ends right but the computer is still running and to switch it off i have to pull the power cable out...weird..

Help good people!!

Thank you Terramir. Did you managed to put your audio working? It´s driving me crazy... On 10.6 it worked. Now on 10.6.4 i get no sound device... i installed several kext to try it out but nothing worked..I red something about editing the dsdt file but i don´t know how to do it.. the sleep feature isn´t working too but the audio is my main concern right now because i want to use this as a media center..got video but not audio...Not even the shutdown is working properly. The Snow Leopard ends right but the computer is still running and to switch it off i have to pull the power cable out...weird..

Help good people!!

I got simular problems as well you need open restart kext for the shutdown to work properly, sound you need voodoo but it's crappy at times.

Anyways I'm gonna read some more on making the audio work.

terramir

I got simular problems as well you need open restart kext for the shutdown to work properly, sound you need voodoo but it's crappy at times.

Anyways I'm gonna read some more on making the audio work.

terramir

Open restart kext?? can you elaborate a litlle bit more? About the sound...well i get a no device found...i installed some voodooHDA kexts but i always get no sound device. When i had 10.6 i was able to get sound. I dont remember what i did...i think it was after i installed a nvidia kext for the graphics and a voodooHDA for the sound..it was crappy but when i switched from 24bits to 16bit 44Khz in midi panel all worked fine.. How did you get your audio device found and working?? The audio issue its getting on my nerves..i want to use this as a media center and i was so happy when i got hardware acceleration working but with no sound is useless...

Thanks

Open restart kext?? can you elaborate a litlle bit more? About the sound...well i get a no device found...i installed some voodooHDA kexts but i always get no sound device. When i had 10.6 i was able to get sound. I dont remember what i did...i think it was after i installed a nvidia kext for the graphics and a voodooHDA for the sound..it was crappy but when i switched from 24bits to 16bit 44Khz in midi panel all worked fine.. How did you get your audio device found and working?? The audio issue its getting on my nerves..i want to use this as a media center and i was so happy when i got hardware acceleration working but with no sound is useless...

Thanks

Well i got it. I had to install Azalia package and then the voodoo kext. I´m gonna see a movie later and try the spdif out connected to my receiver..

The target now is the annoying sleep reboot shutdown problem. When i put it to sleep the usbs just shut off forever so when i move mice and punch keyboard (both usb connected) nothing happens. i have to pull off power cable and even when i do that i get some "no keyboard found" errors from time to time and have to pull the cable off again and wait a few seconds.I think is not working or is conflicting with something...nullpower??? I´m so close to get it all perfect..

Help needed on this issue! Thanks to all :unsure:

Well i got it. I had to install Azalia package and then the voodoo kext. I´m gonna see a movie later and try the spdif out connected to my receiver..

The target now is the annoying sleep reboot shutdown problem. When i put it to sleep the usbs just shut off forever so when i move mice and punch keyboard (both usb connected) nothing happens. i have to pull off power cable and even when i do that i get some "no keyboard found" errors from time to time and have to pull the cable off again and wait a few seconds.I think is not working or is conflicting with something...nullpower??? I´m so close to get it all perfect..

Help needed on this issue! Thanks to all :)

I can't put it to sleep at all without it just only turning the monitor off but this might solve your shutdown problem see the attached kext and I dun remember where I downloaded it but I think it's the standard one.

good luck

terramir

OpenHaltRestart.kext.zip

I can't put it to sleep at all without it just only turning the monitor off but this might solve your shutdown problem see the attached kext and I dun remember where I downloaded it but I think it's the standard one.

good luck

terramir

So i just drag this into Extra folder?

Well the sound was just horrible. I really need a helping guide here..My board has a Via VT1708s onboard sound card...I installed some voodooHDA that were supposed to be compatible but i´m getting kernel panics all the time...maybe i have to remove some old kexts to work...in 10.6 got it working... :unsure: I would go back to 10-6 if it wasn´t for the Hardware Acceleration on my nVidia. Thanks!

Well the shutdown sleep reboot problem is related with the dsdt file. I´m using Eugene DSDT file. When i removed it i could reboot properly, when put it to sleep the monitor stayed on but the keyboard and mice worked properly( they turned off first and on when i touched them).

The problem was that by removing the DSDT file my graphics became {censored}.No nvidia 9400 detected and bad performance(32mb memory only).

When i replaced DSDT the graphics came back but reboot dont work properly(i have press shutdown until it turns off) and when put it to sleep everything collapse. Graphics and usbs down..have to pull of ac cable. Could someone fix the DSDT file for the Asus AT3N7A-I please???? Audio doesn´t work either...(via VT1708S) .

I have 2gb ram.. Could this be the reason for Slepp,Shut,Reboot not to work properly? How do i fix this? I´m a noob on DSDT configuring..

Thanks

Well the shutdown sleep reboot problem is related with the dsdt file. I´m using Eugene DSDT file. When i removed it i could reboot properly, when put it to sleep the monitor stayed on but the keyboard and mice worked properly( they turned off first and on when i touched them).

The problem was that by removing the DSDT file my graphics became {censored}.No nvidia 9400 detected and bad performance(32mb memory only).

When i replaced DSDT the graphics came back but reboot dont work properly(i have press shutdown until it turns off) and when put it to sleep everything collapse. Graphics and usbs down..have to pull of ac cable. Could someone fix the DSDT file for the Asus AT3N7A-I please???? Audio doesn´t work either...(via VT1708S) .

I have 2gb ram.. Could this be the reason for Slepp,Shut,Reboot not to work properly? How do i fix this? I´m a noob on DSDT configuring..

Thanks

bruno i will not answer questions on this thread anymore about the AT3N7A-I but in the next day or so pm me we are taking over the thread and that is uncool. a few posts yes but it's getting to be too much.

might be a 10.6.4 problem or something else. Pm me so we can get some things hammered out

terramir

bruno i will not answer questions on this thread anymore about the AT3N7A-I but in the next day or so pm me we are taking over the thread and that is uncool. a few posts yes but it's getting to be too much.

might be a 10.6.4 problem or something else. Pm me so we can get some things hammered out

terramir

Thats ok! Sorry. This board is very similar to the Zotac(same form factor, same cpu, graphics) so i felt free to ask but you are right. Is next to Zotac but is not Zotac. I´m also asking for help on the Portuguese corner on this forum. Hope they fix our hackintosh´s. From now on pm. Thanks Terramir.

Hello

just wanted to say Thank you to all of the people contributing on this thread

I'm a complete newb to the hackintosh stuff

But thanks to this thread I managed to install OSX 10.6.4 on my zotac ionitx a e mobo

I overclocked to 1.9GHz so I had to install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I'm not having sleep or shutdown working but thats ok to me, I leave it on all the time

now with Plex installed on it and the iphone Plex I have a great HTPC for a nice price.

I'm connecting my HDTV through HDMI and my 5.1 amp with an optical cable

Now To finish up I'm looking for a nice case.

I'm considering to make one from a Nintendo 64, since I like the design very much.

here's a thread of someone doing almost the same:

here

I'm also planing to paint the nintendo 64 white

here

Thanks again