Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Sleep seems to work without any problems even with the bios if i switch off wake on lan option in osx.

I don't like to resign it but it is ok...

But I have 2 other problems... at the moment I have random kernel panics during the board boots osx...

the 2. problem is that i cannot play videos without juddering pictures... I tried Plex, boxee and xbmc. They all judder. Vlc only plays the first 1 or 2 seconds. than video stops and audio keeps going... It seems that the Videoenabler does not work correctly.

perhaps i start over and try a fresh installation the next days. but if you have any ideas...

gungam

maybe you should check the ram values in the DSDT, mine is for 2GB, if you have more to need to change in "operationregion" system memory.

Other thing to check is the video ram in bios you should put 512MB

and "vbios" in chameleon should be unchecked...

hope it helps ...

I think at the moment I use the same settings as you.

I have one module with 2Gb ram and set the video ram to 512 MB. I have to check the vbios option but i'm pretty sure that it is set to no.

which version of plex do you use? I use plex nine...

EDIT: Yes vbios is set to no

hm... damn...

i use a hdmi cable too... so that shouldn't be the problem.

the ram... hm i don't think so but maybe.. but don't have two 1 GB mobules... and i don't want to buy two of these if it is not the problem... i think i will reinstall osx this night just to be shur that it is not a problem of the instalation...

i will report later ;)

how about Zotac's new ION ITX P-E? It looks like that Atom is replaced with the Celeron only, but rest should be the same?

Just for the records because this is the wrong thread: I got my ION ITX P-E today (Dual CULV, 4GB) and replaced my ION ITX F-E (2GB) without doing anything.

What do you think? It works without any modification! :wacko:

It feels a bit snappier than with the Atom. Poweroff doesn't work, but I haven't look at the DSDT for now.

Update from yesterday: today, my 1333mhz ddr3 memory arrives ;) Yesterday I used an old 1033mhz ddr3 memory to test the board.

Now I overclocked my IONITX P-E from default 1.2ghz to 1.8ghz with this setting:

http://www.hartware.net/review_1142_1.html

http://www.hartware.net/showpic.php?type=r...42/bios2_hi.jpg

From user experience (responses), the Celeron CULV feels now a lot snappier than the Atom board! Nearly like my 2.4ghz MacBook Pro Unibody. Calculations are faster of course.

After one hour 100% cpu the temps shows me 53celsius instead of 47celsius from yesterday. This temp difference is absolutely no problem! Even EyeTV runs now HDTV without problems :(

Next days/weeks (sorry, I'm busy next days) I reinstall from zero to another harddisc, adjust the dsdt and open a new thread for this board if you think it's completely offtopic!?

i all,

i tried installation for 2 days, ionitx ae, on a partition obtained on my mbr 2tb storage disk.

with a mbr patched 10.6.3 installation on a usb drive, i have tried to boot installation with polverito files without success(with bios option optimized).

then i try to install from my hachintosh laptop on the same disk in usb.

system installed successfully, chameleon installed(various rc5 test). installed polverito extra etc. drive start but osx not boot, tried various tweak to in the plist, always same result .

a attach a pics of the last tentative.

img20101023184831.jpg

system stops at that line

any ideas?

tnx in advance

theSLug

Hi guys...

I have a big problem... tried to reinstall my OSX86 on the zotac but now i have the problem that i always have kernelpanics. "Version mi-match between Kernel and CPU PM" Put i switched the kernel for the atom cpu.

so things i have done:

1. installed osx from my macbook on an externel hdd.

2. installed chameleon v2 rc5 r611

3. switched kernel for atom 10.4

4. copy boot from page 1 of this post

5. copy povoritos extra folder

did i make any mistakes? it is driving me nuts because i allready had a running system... but i decided to reinstall it... and now... nothing... :rolleyes:

post-677915-1288131648_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Ok... after some work I found a dirty work around... In an older Version of chameleon I found an option to disable Intel Powermanagement. But this works with arch=i386 only...

There is a solution for that problem... but how???

Ok... One reinstall later and i don't know anyting more than before...

installed osx from original disc

run chameleon installer

copied extra folder from polvorito

copied patched kernel

run kextutility

reboot...

kernelpanic :D

Ok... One reinstall later and i don't know anyting more than before...

installed osx from original disc

run chameleon installer

copied extra folder from polvorito

copied patched kernel

run kextutility

reboot...

kernelpanic :(

you have to CHANGE kernel by using OSX86TOOLS.. not drag n drop

you have to: 1) install osx

2) install patch for osx, the upgrade combo

3) install chameleon

4) replace Extra folder in /root, that was create by chameleon

5) use osx86tools to change kernel, you have to download the right kernel for your upgrade combo!

6) reboot

it's easy

DAMN! I'm a silly idiot!

i tried the patched kernel for 10.6.4 and did not install the comboupdate.... :D

ok the status:

OSX86 is running good with FSB at 640 at 1.92GHZ

But Plex is still unable to play 1080p movies fluid

is it possible that i don't use the correct settings for graphics?

i tried it with and without the graphicpatch of the apple updater.

is there some way to check if the graphiccard is working properly?

EDIT:

ok... i made a test with xbench...

the website chose automatically a powermac G5 to compare my system.

here are the results:

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=4782...;setCookie=true

i seems that my system is al lot slower. That might be correct because of the atom cpu but i think it is realy very slow.

can anybody tell me about his results with xbench? and if he is able to play 1080p movies fluid?

thanks a lot!!!

I've been playing 720p movies only... but I think i tried youtube in 1080 once to give it a try . I'll try to make a xbench this weekend

I'm not surprised 2 x 1GB are better than only one module of 2GB, you get dual access with two.

your movies are encoded with which codec ? and what program do you use to play them?

Atom is a small processor anyhow, is not like a core 2 duo ...

hi

I also have a zotac running, but still some problems with 6.4, now trying to tackle them.

The first: do you really run it w/o NullCPUPowerManagement in /Extra? I get kernel panic in this case...

also my Audio and USB don't work, needs more research.

CU

Joey

EDIT: forget it, working fine now, forgot to switch the kernel...

Has anyone figured out how to get the audio working on the IONITX F-E? HDMI works but without audio. Optical out does not work either.

I used the first set of instructions (page 1) to install the system.

I tried installing it with the setup on page 12 - but it got stuck at Grey screen. So now I am back to the first page setup (without audio)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi!

I used the setup on page 12 of polvorito.

i dont know if sound works over hdmi but optical works great for me...

except of the wifi and wake on lan works perfect for... oh yes... and 1080p

@polvorito

i have a look for the used codecs soon. ithink its x264 in mkv container.

I tried to play it with plex,xbmc and vlc

vlc is the worst. it plays for half a second than hangs a couple of seconds. than the picture changes from time to time.

xbmc is simmilar but a bit better.

plex works much better... sometimes nerly fluid. but i have problems with audio/video synchronisation here too

Hi!

I used the setup on page 12 of polvorito.

i dont know if sound works over hdmi but optical works great for me...

except of the wifi and wake on lan works perfect for... oh yes... and 1080p

@polvorito

i have a look for the used codecs soon. ithink its x264 in mkv container.

I tried to play it with plex,xbmc and vlc

vlc is the worst. it plays for half a second than hangs a couple of seconds. than the picture changes from time to time.

xbmc is simmilar but a bit better.

plex works much better... sometimes nerly fluid. but i have problems with audio/video synchronisation here too

Gungam: I tried the install on page 12 and it just hung at the grey apple screen. It wouldn't ever boot.

I'm using the ionitx-f-e (which I believe is a little bit different then the one he used to "create" the install instructions / files for...

The optical (per the page 1 install instructions) doesn't work either.

Any ideas? Thanks for the quick reply.