Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) {
					Store (Package (0x08) {
							"location", Buffer (0x02){"1"},
							"built-in", Buffer (0x02){0x01},
							"device_type", Buffer (0x09){"ethernet"},
							"name", Buffer (0x01F){"Realtek RTL8111C PCI-E Gigabit"}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			} // <-- Ethernet port 1

Why don't you use the built in ethernet?

I cannot fix the bonjour problem without setting promisc mode or using another kext. So I would prefer to use another network adapter so I can run vanilla :)

EDIT: The card is recognized as en5 instead of en0, I put the above under PCIB in DSDT.dsl, compiled and installed. I also removed the built-in card from the DSDT and disabled it in the bios.

Hello people, I have a dell vostro 200 slim tower desktop computer running snow leopard 10.6.3 installed with the 132 method and every thing works except shutting down(instead it restarts) and sleep. Digging up some info on the problem I found out that a way to fix it is by modifying the dsdt file or replacing it with a compatible one but how can I modify this file and where can I find a compatible one just in case my motherboard is a G33M02 FoxConn. thanks

Hello people, I have a dell vostro 200 slim tower desktop computer running snow leopard 10.6.3 installed with the 132 method and every thing works except shutting down(instead it restarts) and sleep. Digging up some info on the problem I found out that a way to fix it is by modifying the dsdt file or replacing it with a compatible one but how can I modify this file and where can I find a compatible one just in case my motherboard is a G33M02 FoxConn. thanks

try this (LAN doesnt work on wake! not working ..yet)

Hi people

After a few days of research I narrowed down my problem to the DSDT. I have decompiled it and opened it in an editor.

So I need to update the maximum RAM. I have 12gb, but only can use 8gb.

My mobo is a ex58 ud3r.

What do I have to change in the DSDT file?

TIA

Is dsdt responsible for slow SATA tranfer speeds on Gigabyte boards? I've come across this problem being discussed with regard to ASUS motherboards, and I was wondering if Gigabyte users experience the same issue: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1981&st=100 . Unfortunately, the fix suggested http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564 brings no improvement for my board. I'm using a GA-P35-DS3L (ICH9 board), and I've noticed that transfers between native Mac OS Extended Journaled partitions are significantly slower than transfers between Mac and NTFS partitions (using Paragon NTFS). Transfers inside Windows 7 tell the same story, at double the speed I reach in Snow Leopard. My Seagate SATAII disk drives are not functioning at the speeds they used to function under Tiger or Leopard. In fact, they never get past 30-35 MB/s (that is the peak, the average transfer speed is much lower). Here are the relevant pics:

post-132542-1274238945_thumb.png post-132542-1274238956_thumb.png

I will post my dsdt.aml as well, in case anyone has any idea what may be wrong. Thank you.

dsdt.zip

• 2 weeks later...

This is my RTC code (original / untoched DSDT):

Device (RTC)
{
   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
   Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
   {
       IO (Decode16,
           0x0070,             // Range Minimum
           0x0070,             // Range Maximum
           0x00,               // Alignment
           0x04,               // Length
           )
       IRQNoFlags ()
           {8}
   })
   Name (ATT1, ResourceTemplate ()
   {
       IO (Decode16,
           0x0070,             // Range Minimum
           0x0070,             // Range Maximum
           0x00,               // Alignment
           0x02,               // Length
           )
   })
   Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
   {
       If (LGreaterEqual (OSFX, 0x03))
       {
           If (HPTF)
           {
               Return (ATT1)
           }
           Else
           {
               Return (ATT0)
           }
       }
       Else
       {
           Return (ATT0)
       }
   }
}

I would like to change 0x04 to 0x02 in ATT1 (nothing more):

Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
{
	IO (Decode16,
		0x0070,			 // Range Minimum
		0x0070,			 // Range Maximum
		0x00,			   // Alignment
		0x02,			   // Length
		)
	IRQNoFlags ()
		{8}
})

What do you think does this modification affect windows ?

I ask because I want to do the modification at BIOS level (modify the entry in the BIOS rom).

In other words, 0x02 has any side effects on windows? I supposse after BIOS re-flashing all OS will use the 0x02 value.

I would be more than grateful for any help. Thanks!

This is my RTC code (original / untoched DSDT):

I would like to change 0x04 to 0x02 in ATT1 (nothing more):

What do you think does this modification affect windows ?

I ask because I want to do the modification at BIOS level (modify the entry in the BIOS rom).

In other words, 0x02 has any side effects on windows? I supposse after BIOS re-flashing all OS will use the 0x02 value.

I would be more than grateful for any help. Thanks!

go for it, i did the same, windows7 and linux do not have problems, at least i didnt found any problems. winxp+vista never used with this mod at bios level

to be shure, make a bios backup, and you can undo in worst case.

• 2 weeks later...
This is how I did it:

Device (WLAN)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
Name (_SUN, 0x3)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"device-id", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x2a, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"device_type", 
"WLAN Controller",
"model", 
"Linksys WMP300N v.2",
"name", 
"Linksys"
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

On my board this is located under device PCIB(HUB0), you must check the place and address from IORegistry. And remember that the device-id is for Atheros version, you will want to replace that with Broadcomm value or remove it.

I have Linksys WMP300N(Broadcom US version) and tried to compile/patche DSDT using mm67's code. I got the card showed up under hardward list from system profiler with "driver installed: No" status. I also added <string>pci14e4,4329</string> to AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

but wifi is not working.

any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

First off l would like to say a big thank you to all who have been working on fixes for so many issues related to running OS X on a generic PC. I know it isn't related to Speedstep, but l don't know where to find the right knowledgeable people in relation to hardware issues. Many people use Nvidia graphics cards due to there ease of getting them working in OS X, l on the other hand decided to buy ATI, and got 2 x ATI Asus EAH4870 1G Videocards in crossfire for windows and at least use one in OS X, which l got working in l shorter amount of time with help from the forums.

My issue is this, the card runs perfectly with no major downsides, but when booting into OS X the fan on the graphics card starts at 100% which is fine, but once the desktop appears it decreases the speed to around 40%. When running anything like HL2, or COD 4 the speed doesn't increase with graphics load and the card overheats. Is there anything l can do either with a modification to the DSDT or maybe a patch to the Graphics Enabler that can fix it so OS X power management doesn't reduce the fan speed down.

I have flashed the firmware on the card to force it to stay at 100% but even then OS X always resorts back to decreasing the fan speed back to 40% on boot.

Im going stir crazy because lv'e tried everything l could find and maybe you guys might have an idea that l haven't thought of.

Bios version is F12 - and system details are in my signature.

Anybody here who has an EP45-DS4 and would like to share his DSDT? Tried my own some time ago but failed.

If so, i appreciate it! you guy's put a lot of effort into this stuff. Respect!

You may find this useful. It's what I use on my DS4P with very satisfactory results. You will need to amend PSS table to suit your CPU. Credit goes to mm67 and many others. dsdt.dsl.zip

before i start a big thank you to all who've contributed so much to the gigabyte users in this thread - this stuff is rocket science and it's great to watch it happen.

i've recently begun to sort out my dsdt after basically cludging along with efi strings, extra kexts and so on. my machine status is now:

GA-P35C-DS3R rev.2.0 - bios f10 - E6750 - nvidia 7800GT 256MB - SATA HD x 4 - Pioneeer IDE DVDWriter - TI Firewire PCI

SL 10.6.4 Vanilla

DSDT fixed for 889a audio, vanilla speedstep and nvidia 7800GT graphics.

EDIT1: Added dsdt fix for native onboard (Realtek 8111b) NIC so I could remove IONetworkingFamily and Realtek kexts from /Extra but although mostly functional, it does not seem to enable bonjour promiscuous mode, so reverted to kext approach for now.

/Cham/Extra/Extensions/ contains:

fakesmc.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext - patched to enable bonjour

JMicron36xATA.kext - needed for IDE DVD-writer support

LegacyHDA.kext - needed for 889a audio

RealtekR1000SL.kext - needed to enable bonjour

MacPro3,1 in SMBIOS

Machine shuts down, restarts and sleeps. Will not wake from sleep with mouse (MS optical via Apple USB keyboard hub) or keyboard (white Apple USB) but mouse does have power (optical light still active). Wakes perfectly with powerbutton if you're quick, but if displays (twin CRTs via VGA to DVI adapters) have gone into standby mode (after 20 secs. or so), on wake mouse movement is reversed and display resolution is wrong. sleep continues to "work" in this way but can only get resolution and mouse back with restart. Console messages include:

05/07/2010   09:37:04	kernel	The USB device Hub in Apple Extended USB Keyboard   (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a   remote wakeup

05/07/2010 09:37:04	kernel	The USB device   Microsoft Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel (Port 1 of Hub at 0x3a200000)   may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup

05/07/2010   09:37:04	kernel	The USB device Apple Extended USB Keyboard (Port 3   of Hub at 0x3a200000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup

05/07/2010   09:43:13	Finder[199]	_NXGetScreenRect: error getting display   bounds (1001)

05/07/2010   09:43:13	Finder[199]	kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSGetDisplayBounds   (display 5b81c5c0)

05/07/2010   09:45:07	kernel	IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Unwanted   Direction Change Y: oldDy=1 dy=-73

this may just be my GPU's problem but it'd be good to hear any thoughts...

EDIT2: Just did a few experiments with swapping cables around etc and now have (fingers crossed) working sleep after display standby. main point seemed to be that one CRT did not receive the wake signal and remained in standby, but after a round of cable swaps and finally a few Detect Displays clicks to wake it up, it is now behaving normally after wake. still no wake from mouse or keyboard though...

these are my current DSDT and IORegDump files

ioregdump.txt.zip

dsdt.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Dear MasterChief and thread members, thank you for your posts and thoughts, I would like to ask a peculiar question for your help.

I just purchased the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 with a Core i7-860 processor (for my second mobo) and realized that this board contains the new ICH10R chipset that's apparently renamed to PCH or "Series 5" I think. The problem is that my USB devices/ports are not recognized at all, if I don't inject some device-id in my new DSDT.

Therefore, I am looking for the most compatible IDs for my USB ports in order for the system to (1) see the ports properly and (2) treat them as built-in rather as expansion ports... Here's my lspci-nn:

00:1d.0 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b36] -> [b]0x3a34 (ICH10)[/b]
00:1d.1 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b37] -> [b]0x3a35 (ICH10) [/b]
00:1d.2 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b38] -> [b]0x3a36 (ICH10)[/b]
00:1d.3 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b39] -> Probably disabled forever
00:1d.7 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB2 Enhanced Controller [8086:3b34] -> [b]0x3a3a (ICH10)[/b]

00:1a.0 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b3b] -> [b]0x3a37 (ICH10)[/b]
00:1a.1 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b3e] -> [b]0x3a38 (ICH10)[/b]
00:1a.2 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB Universal Controller [8086:3b3f] -> [b]0x3a39 (ICH10)[/b]
00:1a.7 USB [0c03]: Intel 5 Series USB2 Enhanced Controller [8086:3b3c] -> [b]0x3a3c (ICH10)[/b]

00:1f.2 SATA [0106]: Intel 5 Series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:3b22] -> [b]0x3??? (ICH10)[/b]
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel 5 Series Chipset SMBus Controller [8086:3b30] -> [b]0x3a30 (ICH10)[/b]

Can someone experienced in DSDT patching, provide me the most compatible device-ids please? They have to correspond to the same USB address, obviously... I know that the 0x3b3? series is new and not natively supported by 10.6.x but perhaps the 0x03a3? series probably is (if not by 10.6.0 perhaps by 10.6.3+).

Thanks in advance to the courageous one who will reply :)

And the last Device change for today is Device (USE2) which looks like this now: Device (USE2)

Which I want you to change to this: Device (UHCI) // Renamed from: USE2 - Extended with Power

Hi guys i'm following this post to edit my dsdt that a guy say me it probabilly based on gigabyte (but is biostar), so i don't have this USE2 is possible?

• 2 weeks later...

i need to get my USB port's recognized as "Built In" for sleep to work. i have searched these forums but i still cant get it to work. :)

i have attached my DSDT below it already contains USBE fix so now my ports are UHC1-6 in the DSDT, it also has ECHI and UHCI devices, along with HDEF, RTC and all that good stuff.

also, i cant get my SBUS device to work, the kext doesn't load, this isn't a necessity but it would be nice if you could help out! :(

any help is appreciated! :) thanks

EDIT\ i know speed stepping/ throttling isn't available for AMD CPU's but could i some how set My cpu to run a certain speed all the time instead of running a full speed, as i dont need my hexa core cranking at 2.8Ghz (times six cores) all the time. my lowest stepping is 800MHZ this would be a great permanent speed!

thanks

dsdt.aml.zip

Hello, been awhile since I've been on this project and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction to get a little bit of a jump start. I am very familiar with installing SL & Bootloaders, but not so much with dsdt. Was not something I had to do with my last board. My current specs are.

MB:Gigabyte ep43t-ud3l bios ver. f8

Proc: Intel core 2 Quad Q8200@2.33GHz

Ram: 4GB 10600 DDR3

Video: GeForce GT 240

Also a unknown firwire card that seems to be working fine.

In addition I am also using an IOGear BT adapter and Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse. It is kinda flacky at the moment.

Can someone tell me what ver. Chameleon & Kexts people are currently using with this board and point me in the right direction on compliling a dsdt for it, as I have never done so.

I have no issuues installing the OS from terminal and Chameleon.

Best Regards,

-N

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2) board, and everything works great so far. Just trying to work out a few kinks though.

The board has an on/off USB port, meaning I used to be able to use it to power my iPod while the machine was off. This functionality no longer works. I was wondering if it was possible to fix this via the DSDT?

Hi *

I just upgraded my PC from GA-P35 (all hw+sleep fully working) to GA-E7UAM-DS2H by simple mobo replace. After adding nvkush.kext all hw seems to be working except shutdown & sleep.

After entering shutdown seems like OS and all hw correctly shutdowns and PC hangs exactly on hw power-off stage (video is off, hdd s off but mobo power is still on fans are still spinning).

Entering sleep cause hang on exactly the same stage (sleep sequence seems OK, video is off, hdd is off, but power still on)

All this suggest me issue is somewhere in very last steep - when system asks ACPI/hw to power off PSU.

I tried 3 different Halt/Restart kexts - no change.

Maybe somebody can point me which other kexts or sys components should I touch for resolving this issue ?

Sys is 10.6.4. HW is GA-E7UAM-DS2H; C2D E5400, 2G RAM, IGP9400 with 128MB VRAM.

thx in advance

Hi, all, i used MM67 and Master chief (great ppl !) to enable wake by keyboard, but i'vet got still an issue :

First, i enable the register for power management in GPE

Scope (_GPE)
{
(...)
Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHC1.PMES)
	Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1, 0x02)
	Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
	Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHC2.PMES)
	Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2, 0x02)
	Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)

(...)

Then i put the code in the ECH* section :

Device (EHC1)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0D, 
				0x04
			})
			OperationRegion (PMCS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x02)
			Field (PMCS, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   15, 
				PMES,   1
			}
			OperationRegion (PWCR, PCI_Config, 0x62, 0x02)
			Field (PWCR, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				URE2,   9
			}
			Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				Multiply (0x01FF, Arg0, URE2)
			}
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"AAPL,clock-id", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x01
						}, 
						"device_type", 
						Buffer (0x05)
						{
							"EHCI"
						}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}
		Device (EHC2)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001A0007)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0D, 
				0x04
			})
			OperationRegion (PMCS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x02)
			Field (PMCS, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   15, 
				PMES,   1
			}
			OperationRegion (PWCR, PCI_Config, 0x62, 0x02)
			Field (PWCR, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				URE2,   9
			}
			Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				Multiply (0x7F, Arg0, URE2)
			}
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"AAPL,clock-id", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x02
						}, 
						"device_type", 
						Buffer (0x05)
						{
							"EHCI"
						}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

Heres the results :

- sleep/wake works just as before

- now wake works with apple KB USB2, but connected to an USB1 hub.

If apple KB directly connecter to the mobo or an USB2 HUB, the light of the hub lights in wake a press a key, but dont wake the computer; in the log i have :

19/08/10 16:26:45	kernel	The USB device USB2.0 Hub (Port 2 of Hub at 0xfa000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup
19/08/10 16:26:45	kernel	The USB device Keyboard Hub (Port 3 of Hub at 0xfa200000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup
19/08/10 16:26:45	kernel	The USB device Apple Keyboard (Port 2 of Hub at 0xfa230000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup

So to summariza, ive got now wake from keyboard using an USB1 hub, but USB2 still not working fully.

I've read all the code made by MM67 and master chief, i can't see the difference.

Here's my MOBO : Gigabyte P35 DS3R

Thanks for the help !!!!!

Hi everyone!

Maybe after upgraded to 10.6.4, reboot and shutdown are slower for me.

On 10.6.3 and before, my system suddenly rebooted, but now when I select Reboot or Shutdown from Apple menu, the screen would be my desktop color and stuck for a while (about 5 - 10 seconds).

My DSDT is, I made reading this thread and others.

Sleep / wake or other feature works flawlessly. Using EP45UD3P, Chameleon RC5 rev384, Fakesmc and LegacyHDA.

Anyone don't have this problem?

I remember Master Chief said wrong Device SBUS is causes slow reboot. This problem has any relation to this?? :)

• 2 weeks later...