DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

Hi Madl0n, thx for your great work but i have a little problem:

I have a GA-EP45-DS3 (with Q9550 and GTX275) and use the DSDT from auto-patcher and Chameleon rc5 with C and P-States. Everything works fine except for sleep. it goes to sleep but wake up again isn't working.

I am using 10.6.7.

send_me.zip

Everything works fine except for sleep. it goes to sleep but wake up again isn't working.

I am using 10.6.7.

Try this change in your DSDT...

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
   {
       Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (Zero, SLPE)Sleep(0x10)
       }
   }

works for me

attachment my DSDT.aml for comparision

dsdt.aml.zip

i know... you should rename LPCB with PX40, then try again

ok i could compile it now but it actually didn't solve the problem.

if i want to wake up the pc, the fans turn on for a short time and turn off again. to boot normal again, i had to switch off and on the power strip wich resetted my bios...

ok i could compile it now but it actually didn't solve the problem.

if i want to wake up the pc, the fans turn on for a short time and turn off again. to boot normal again, i had to switch off and on the power strip wich resetted my bios...

you could try my DSDT but i use an older chameleon version, therefore i've implemented

P & C-States in it. I think you need to change these parts to make it work properly !

I can confirm that all is working as should on my machine ( see sig ) with this DSDT

EDIT:

my DSDT.dsl with some info what i did

dsdt_inuse.zip

you could try my DSDT but i use an older chameleon version, therefore i've implemented

P & C-States in it. I think you need to change these parts to make it work properly !

I can confirm that all is working as should on my machine ( see sig ) with this DSDT

EDIT:

my DSDT.dsl with some info what i did

Hi,

your dsdt (with changed section for c/p-states) didn't solve the problem. maybe some settings in the bios are wrong.

btw.: my bios version is f9 and yours is f10b

I have a GA-EP45-DS3 (with Q9550 and GTX275) and use the DSDT from auto-patcher and Chameleon rc5 with C and P-States. Everything works fine except for sleep. it goes to sleep but wake up again isn't working.

I am using 10.6.7.

remove

NullCPUPowerManagement, PlatformUUID, SleepEnabler

I am using 10.6.7.

did you check restart after power failure in pref/energysaver ?

post-93689-1302023040_thumb.jpg

Extra.zip

remove

NullCPUPowerManagement, PlatformUUID, SleepEnabler

Didn't solve the problem -.-

btw.: i think without NullCPUPowerManagement the Powermanagement isnt working correctly (C-/P-States) because in SMC Monitor, the CPU is always on full speed

NativePM and Restart fix use Chameleon RC5

Chameleon_v2.0_RC5_r748.zip

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dsdt.FuManchu84.zip

Hey MaLd0n, your DSDT is awesome. Now everything works nearly perfectly except for a little sleep issue. I compared different DSDTs concerning functionality (I didn't examine the code yet) and the one you uploaded for me is the best. May I ask you how you patched it? I also used your Auto-Patcher with my untouched DSDT but the results weren't so good.

Here's my comparison concerning shutdown, restart and sleep:

My old DSDT (posted a few posts above) created with ACPI-Patcher02beta5 and some further patching with DSDTSE:

Restart: working

Shutdown: not working

Sleep: not working

Other issues: none

DSDT patched with Auto-Patcher from MaLd0n (using a DSDT extracted with Ubuntu live CD):

Shutdown: working

Sleep: working but after wake up scrolling doesn't work and after reconnecting bluetooth-dongle I get a KP

Other issues: networking issues (TeamViewer not working), TimeMachine not working

DSDT from MaLd0n (posted a few posts above):

Shutdown: working

Sleep: working but after wake up scrolling doesn't work and after reconnecting bluetooth-dongle I get a KP

Other issues: none

I'm using the Magic Mouse with a Belkin Bluetooth adapter. Can anyone help me with that issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to insert this code into my dsdt. Can someone help I keep getting errors with DSDTse and DSDT editor.

Device (PCI0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_UID, One)

Name (_BBN, Zero)

Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02))

{

Return (0x02)

}

Else

{

Return (0x03)

}

}

Device (PEGP)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x09,

0x05

})

Device (GFX0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x09,

0x05

})

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0C)

{

"@0,name",

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"ATY,Uakari"

},

"@1,name",

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"ATY,Uakari"

},

"@2,name",

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"ATY,Uakari"

},

"@3,name",

Buffer (0x0D)

{

"ATY,Uakari"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x13)

{

"AMD NotShy HD 5870"

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Device (HDAU)

{

Name (_ADR, One)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x02)

{

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x0F)

}

dsdt.aml.zip

• 5 months later...

just got a nice ex58-ud4p and a xeon w3520. all fine except the hyper threading.

i used the dsdt auto patcher for hdef gigabyte boards. then after i noticed the HT wasn't working is decompiled the dsdt and noticed:

</div><div class="codemain">Scope (_PR)
{
Processor   (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor   (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor   (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor   (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
}

should be 8 shouldn't it?

then i just extended the list up to CPU7 but that didn't work at all and i only got 1 cpu :-P

any help is welcome because i couldn't fine much about HT and/or xeon so far :-)

EDIT: so in the meantime i got the cpu part right but it only works on leopard and lion. on snow leopard i only have 4 cpus hence no hyper threading no matter what i do. tried 2 different cpu blocks in the dsdt file and without dsdt at all.

funny enough, lion works out of the box without any dsdt but i don't like the new look so the ideal solution for me would be to get hyper threading enabled for 10.6.8

Hi MaLd0n

I have a Z68XP-UD3 Rev. 1 Mobo.

I have used your dtst.aml F6 file from the DSDT Database on Tonymac site.

It works except when I wake from sleep I have to replug my keyboard to get in Lion again and have full wake. No matter what setting I use in Bios this issue remains. So I've been testing with a emtpy HD and did a fresh start. I tried bios F7 and F8 and created the DSDT myself by hand. They all work but waking from sleep is with all the same. I've worked for houres on it but can't get it to work as I am used to have it on other GB mobo's.

Here are my Virgin dsdt's and edited as well. They are not finished yet for cosmetics and orange icon but the work.

DSDT_F6.zip it contains Kernel log after sleep, virgin dsdt and DSDT.aml

DSDT_F8.zip it contains Kernel log after sleep, virgin dsdt and DSDT.aml

Bios.zip here are my Bios settings

My hardware: Z68XP-UD3 mobo, i7/2600K, 8 GB Gskill F3-17000CL11-4GBXL RAM, GTS450 OC version, HyperX SSD 120 GB

I hope you will have the time and patience to help me out.

If you need more info just let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Well I wanted to try my 980x so I pulled my 965ee would not start the pci and cpu crash so I went back in windows pulled dsdt.aml patched wat and Hpet got it to boot.

ran GeekBench looks good is there any other patches I need to do? Thank you for any help.

http://www.myalbumbank.com/displayimage.php?pid=5623 geekbench = 19836

dsdt.aml.zip

• 2 months later...

After much fiddling around I still can't seem to get sleep working for my gigabyte ep43 ud3l on lion (same dsdt worked with sleep back on snow leo). Just wondeirng if someone could help me out in getting the sleep functiont to work because I've been trying to get that done with a dsdt edit and hdmi sound for my ati card to no avail it doesn't seem to workout for me. Thank you in advanced.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hola! Logré una configuración casi perfecta en GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600K - 2x4GB Patriot 1600Mhz - Saphire HD-5770 Vapor-X

tanto en SL 10.6.8 como en Lion 10.7.2 ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]+Multibest o Unibest)

Lo único que no funciona correctamente es un MIDI controller INFRASONIC M49. (el mismo controller funciona perfecto en mi MacBookPro)

En el GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 los Discos externos, iPod, etc funcionan bien por USB

En algún momento funcionó por un instante. Lo que me hace sospechar de algún tipo de conflicto de IRQ en DSDT

estoy usando bios F10 y el correspondiente dsdt.aml de Tonymac database

alguna idea?

gracias

Hi MaLd0n

I have a Z68XP-UD3 Rev. 1 Mobo.

I have used your dtst.aml F6 file from the DSDT Database on Tonymac site.

It works except when I wake from sleep I have to replug my keyboard to get in Lion again and have full wake. No matter what setting I use in Bios this issue remains. So I've been testing with a emtpy HD and did a fresh start. I tried bios F7 and F8 and created the DSDT myself by hand. They all work but waking from sleep is with all the same. I've worked for houres on it but can't get it to work as I am used to have it on other GB mobo's.

Here are my Virgin dsdt's and edited as well. They are not finished yet for cosmetics and orange icon but the work.

DSDT_F6.zip it contains Kernel log after sleep, virgin dsdt and DSDT.aml

DSDT_F8.zip it contains Kernel log after sleep, virgin dsdt and DSDT.aml

Bios.zip here are my Bios settings

My hardware: Z68XP-UD3 mobo, i7/2600K, 8 GB Gskill F3-17000CL11-4GBXL RAM, GTS450 OC version, HyperX SSD 120 GB

I hope you will have the time and patience to help me out.

If you need more info just let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Ed,

First, MacMan has an updated F8 BIOS over on Tony's site. Not sure if that'll help you at all. I have the same motherboard, and I have the exact same problem with having to reconnect the keyboard after wake. I have the aluminum Apple USB keyboard, so the unplugging is needless to say frustrating.

That being said, there are two known workarounds:

1. Use a powered USB hub and plug your keyboard into that. It seems that the problem is how the DSDT is coded for power during sleep, so the powered hub bypasses that problem.
  2. There is a DSDT edit posted here that works on an H61 chipset mobo. I haven't tried it yet, but others have reported that it works. Only caveat is that it takes about 10 seconds for the keyboard to respond after waking.

I was looking over here to see if there were any known fixes to this other than the ones I mentioned, so if you found any others, please let me and the rest of us know.

Hello! I managed a near perfect setup GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 - i7 2600K - Patriot 2x4GB 1600MHz - Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X

both SL 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.2 ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] + Multibest or Unibest) works great

The only thing not working correctly is a MIDI controller INFRASONIC M49. (same controller works fine on my MacBookPro and in other machines)

In the GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 external drives, iPod, etc work fine attached to any USB ports

At some point the M49 worked for a moment. What makes me suspect some kind of IRQ conflict on DSDT or something

I'm using F10 bios ver. and untouched dsdt.aml from Tonymac databse

can anybody put me in to a right direciton?

thank you!