[How To] ALC882 Sound

Rammjet

204 posts in this topic

i need help guys,

i have a ALC880 sound chip and after the installation of the os the strings are set right from the begin. i don't need to edit them. both the AudioAzalia and AudioHDA come with the right strings. i don't know what to do but the sound is not working.

can anyone help me plz?

Edited by Boe1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!!

I followed perfectly the guide for the Realtek ALC861, and I still have no sound :unsure: I would like to know if someone haves an alternative way to fix this. I followed every step, I replaced

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>
<string>0x10ec0880</string>

and the

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)

With the correct Vendot and Device that my Device Manager said I had, and nothing, I did it lik 10 times to be sure I was doing everything right and nothing ;) , I have a TOSHIBA Satellite M100/M105 Series , can someone help me please???

• 3 weeks later...

help, i sntsalled jas 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 update and all went ok, but i have no sound or wifi and when i play a dvd it seems to play very slowly ? also my clock is running very slow ??

when i look in the about this mack under audio i get : intel high def audio, and thats it ??

any ideas, for a newbie ??

ie easy to follow ?

many thanks

Hi,

I could not make my ALC883 work with this method. I had all sound controls but no sound from headphones nor speaker.

And in the console log: "Unable to locate Layout ID property".

I Used 0x10ec0883 and 0x27d88086 from Windows properties.

Then I used this driver form Skippy http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520 and worked great with option "6 ports (not digital)".

Far beyond my expectations, because all the problems I read in the forum, sound is good (no choppy) and have speakers, earphones, and mic.

Bye.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI all..

I have installed the ALC888 pakcage and the speaker icons appears. Indeed the 8 line outs appear too. but there is not sound. no matter what I try there is no PHYSICAL sound coming out. but as far as the system is concern the audio card is working correctly!

My mobo is an ASROCK 775i945GZ... however others have reported no problems...

anyone help?

ta.

Cyn. :thumbsup_anim:

HI all..

I have installed the ALC888 pakcage and the speaker icons appears. Indeed the 8 line outs appear too. but there is not sound. no matter what I try there is no PHYSICAL sound coming out. but as far as the system is concern the audio card is working correctly!

My mobo is an ASROCK 775i945GZ... however others have reported no problems...

anyone help?

ta.

Cyn. :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi just to update how lame I am... lol.... the ALC888 drivers didnt work on my ASROCK board. however I have stereo out now thanks to the Azalia package. GREAT WORK.. just like a few other have said, all we need is love .... and a working line input.

great stuff! :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

if you are in windows xp, go to control panel -> (enable classic view if not already) -> system -> "hardware" tab - > device manager

This tells you more about your hardware. No go to sound devices, find your device and right click on it and click properties. Hope this works!

• 3 weeks later...

When I type the code:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I get to the search for "<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>" it says that can't be found. I looked in System/Library/Extensions, and I don't seem to have the file "AppleAzaliaAudio.kext" either.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

• 1 month later...

I have the ALC880 and I did everything this guide said, but I don't have to change anything because all of the correct values are there... When I go to the system preferences and look at my audio adapters I can see HD Audio as one of the output devices, I can chage the volume and everything, but sound doesnt come out...:) im confused:S

System

AMD 64X2 3800+

JAS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2, SSE3 PPF1, PPF2

MOBO: ASUS M2NBP-VM CSM

Codec - Analog Devices Inc 1986a - VID 11D4, DEVID 1986

Controller (From Windows System stuff) - VID 10DE (NVIDIA) DEVID 026C

I followed the procedure posted by Ramjet, but I am in the same position as nbhusain

I can see HD Audio Output in the Audio MIDI setup but I get no sound.

BY the way - Audio MIDI indicates - Input not supported

I see that a couple of other posts indicated that the got the 11D4 1986 to work. Perhaps they can show with what card, etc

thanks

Hello guys, i have a problem with my sound card, i've tried everything i could find on the forums but nothing worked, my mobo is an asus p5rd1-vm. I've put 0x11d41986 (ad1986a codec) in azaliaaudio.kext, and 0x546110b9 (uli m5461 audio controller) in azaliacontroler.kext and i can see in the sound properties that the card is recognized as hd audio but i hear no sound, can anyone help me? thanks

• 1 month later...
When I type the code:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I get to the search for "<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>" it says that can't be found. I looked in System/Library/Extensions, and I don't seem to have the file "AppleAzaliaAudio.kext" either.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

same problem here...

First of all, thanks for the guide(s). I have followed both this guide and "Kyklops fix for audio". After following the steps in this post, I was able to get to a position where I can see the volume slide bar and the "HD Audio" is listed in the list of output devices. Also, "Configure Speakers" in MIDI setup shows 2 channel stereo. But, there is still no sound - neither from the in built speakers or the headsets.

Here are my values:

Vendor: Device ID: 1986 Vendor ID: 11D4

Controller: Device ID: 27D8 Venfor ID: 8086

Anyone, any pointers? Thanks.

First of all, thanks for the guide(s). I have followed both this guide and "Kyklops fix for audio". After following the steps in this post, I was able to get to a position where I can see the volume slide bar and the "HD Audio" is listed in the list of output devices. Also, "Configure Speakers" in MIDI setup shows 2 channel stereo. But, there is still no sound - neither from the in built speakers or the headsets.

Here are my values:

Vendor: Device ID: 1986 Vendor ID: 11D4

Controller: Device ID: 27D8 Venfor ID: 8086

Anyone, any pointers? Thanks.

VJA,

Try following my guide here > http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=64754&hl=

• 2 weeks later...

@GodAtum, helloimamac, deandaman

i was have same problem b4, than i read this on page 6:

First, you cannot be searching for the "IOHDAudioCodecVendor thingy" until you have something to search in.

If you look at the Customize window in the install DVD, you will see that there is a selection for the "AppleAzalia thingy". You needed to select this at installation.

To fix that, while in OSX, insert the install DVD and let if mount on the Desktop. Open the DVD icon and follow this path: /System/Installation/Packages. Find the AppleAzaliaAudio package and double-click it.

Now follow the guide.

great thanks. now i can hear itunes sing a song 4 me, hehehe..

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know for what reason, in Leopard, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is now in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97.kext/Contents/Plugins.

Edit it as usually with your card values and move it out to /System/Library/Extensions. Delete AppleHDA.kext, Extensions.mkext, reboot and presto...you have sound!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Rammjet ... woohooo finally got sound on my dell.

Inspiron 530 Q6600

iatkos 1.5

Realtek ALC888

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0888</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x293E8086</string>