[How To] ALC882 Sound

Rammjet

204 posts in this topic

I got my Controller IDs

Device 2668

Vendor 8086

Added the string 0x26688086 to my Controller .kext rebooted still no sound. :)

Wish i could get my Mac Pro early.

If anyone has any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated, if not I want to thank everyone for all the help they have been.

Mike

I have the exact same Audio board as you, and I've tried ramijet tutorial without success.

0x10ec0880

0x26688086

Since you have succeeded would you please post how did you get the sound working in your hackintosh.

Thanks in advance

tsed

hi, i have the same Problem, but i still hope for the actual kernel.

I think, the have try out ll things we can do, and if you have a look to the latest applehda.kext, so you will see some functions, who are working near the kernel.

hope, we can try out with the new kernel soon....

Rene

I was fine al the way until the end and then I got all of this. Any ideas?

users-computer:~ useruser$ sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk1s1 Mac

Determining correct file permissions.

parent directory ./Users/Shared/SC Info does not exist

The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Verify/repair finished permissions on disk disk1s1 Mac

users-computer:~ useruser$ sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

2006-10-25 03:49:42.765 kextload[226] CFLog (0):

CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:

(UNKNOWN)

The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (not a bundle) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

users-computer:~ useruser$ kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

2006-10-25 03:51:23.098 kextcache[231] CFLog (0):

CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:

(UNKNOWN)

The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

parent directory ./Users/Shared/SC Info does not exist

I've gotten this when other applications were actively using the OSX partition while I was trying to repair the permissions on it. Try quitting all active applications.

The other errors may result from permissions not being repaired properly.

I would also boot from the install DVD and run Disk Utility -> First Aid -> Repair Disk just to be sure nothing is wrong with the OSX partition. You can't repair the disk while you are booted from it. This repair is a lot like CHKDSK in Windows.

I would do Step 1,2,3, delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, Boot off of the JaS 10.4.7 DVD, repair the volume, reboot, delete the Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, do step 4 and it still does the same stuff. Any ideas?

I get an error on step 3, "clean up"

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
2006-07-06 17:38:48.656 kextload[224] CFLog (0): 
	(UNKNOWN)
can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (not a bundle) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

this just means you put in a question mark or something thats outside of the <--key> <--string> tags.

just go through the plist and search for things in the left hand corner, and make sure all your keys begin and end, which they should by default unless you did some hardcore editing.

cheers,

After folowing this guide (thanks a lot, audio works like a charm), my computer won't boot approximately 2 of the 5 times. It justs 'hangs' on the empty blue screen.

So baiscly some times it works, but other times it won't.

How to I have to boot into verbose mode to see the probs at the bootup ?

Do I need the 10.4.7 DVD and booting with some commands ?

I've upgraded from 4.7 to 4.8.

Hi your tutorial worked on jas 10.4.7 but not with new kernel on 10.4.8 (semtex). When I want to run azlia.kext I get syntax error on line 1 'newline'. So kext can't run please update from vendor.

I don't know how to solve this. I am using asrock with core 2 duo e6600. I copied azalia.kext that is already edited repaired permissions, erased what u suggested but still no luck.

Please help

Thanks

Hi your tutorial worked on jas 10.4.7 but not with new kernel on 10.4.8 (semtex). When I want to run azlia.kext I get syntax error on line 1 'newline'. So kext can't run please update from vendor.

I don't know how to solve this. I am using asrock with core 2 duo e6600. I copied azalia.kext that is already edited repaired permissions, erased what u suggested but still no luck.

I and others have the Azalia kext working with the new 10.4.8 kernel. Sounds like repairing permissions didn't really repair them. Assuming you still have your old modified Azalia kext installed, then go to Terminal and type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext   <- repair permissions
sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext		  <- repair permissions
sudo mkdir Extensions.disabled				   <- make backup folder
sudo mv AppleHDA.kext Extensions.disabled/	   <- move new 10.4.8 AppleHDA.kext to backup folder
												might get error if you already moved it, ignore error
cd /System/Library
rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache	 <- remove kext database
reboot

I have been trying to get my audio working for a while now. I have tried several of the posts here in the forum to no avail. Does anybody know anyone that has audio working on an intel 975XBX board? Under Windows, I see "sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec" with Vendor 8384 and Dev 7683. Under "System devices" -> "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio" i see Ven 8086 and Dev 27D8.

Can anybody give me and help with this? Which of all the methods posted here is the one I should be using?

Thanks in advance

this just means you put in a question mark or something thats outside of the <--key> <--string> tags.

just go through the plist and search for things in the left hand corner, and make sure all your keys begin and end, which they should by default unless you did some hardcore editing.

cheers,

Thanks. After way too many hours, this tip corrected my problem on a P5LD2-VM mobo. It took me a while to figure out pico. Also being a kext neophyte, I misinterpreted the instructions that say ...

"

search for

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

change the string to:

<string>0x27d88086</string>

"

I changed the string of text "<key>IOPCI..." that I searched for, creating two lines that began "<string>0x27..."

After correcting this to the following format -

<key>IOPCI...

<string>0x27...

and removing various question marks, deleting Extensions.mkext & .kextcache, redoing repairpermissions, kextload and kextcache commands, audio out works.

I have HDAudio, not AC97 selected in the BIOS.

The system profiler still says there's no built in audio; but, itunes plays and sound under system preferences finds HDAudio.

Hello guys, i have a problem with my sound card, i've tried everything i could find on the forums but nothing worked, my mobo is an asus p5rd1-vm. I've put 0x11d41986 (ad1986a codec) in azaliaaudio.kext, and 0x546110b9 (uli m5461 audio controller) in azaliacontroler.kext and i can see in the sound properties that the card is recognized as hd audio but i hear no sound, can anyone help me? thanks

Hello guys, i have a problem with my sound card, i've tried everything i could find on the forums but nothing worked, my mobo is an asus p5rd1-vm. I've put 0x11d41986 (ad1986a codec) in azaliaaudio.kext, and 0x546110b9 (uli m5461 audio controller) in azaliacontroler.kext and i can see in the sound properties that the card is recognized as hd audio but i hear no sound, can anyone help me? thanks

Did you have tried out the other sockets..? Different ports.. on your Motherboard? Maybe your speaker could be working on line in or microphon-ports...

Rene