[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

DD, have you tried updating your system to 10.6.2 yet? I haven't found anything referring to "10.6.2" in this thread...

After updating with the ComboUpdate, I've lost audio completely ("No output devices") and it won't wake up from Sleep anymore (guess Netkas' SleepEnabler for 10.6.2 doesn't work as it should).

I've been searching all around for a solution, but haven't found any kexts that would work with 10.6.2, and the only solution to it being to try and patch the DSDT, which seems rather difficult and there are barely any comprehensible guides for it out there.

Is there any simple solution that I'm missing?

Thanks in avance...

VoodooHDA is both 32/64 bit compatible so if you dont want to patch your DSDT like moi, then use this kext. It has excellent layout options and my Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System works like a charm using 6 channel Direct effect. Full surround :censored2:

hey cruisar,

i did a new install with 10.6.2 and voodooHDA in System. Frontpanel headphones are working and the other output devices are "digital out" and "SPDIF out". but i got a 5.1 surround speaker system with 3 audio jacks (standard 3,5 mm). do you use digital out for your 5.1 system or what's the trick?

another issue: sleep doesn't work as it should: the system goes to sleep but wakes up 1 sec after but the display won't wake up.

i use GraphicsEnabler=y in my boot.plist along with pc_efi 10.5.

thanks for help

DD, have you tried updating your system to 10.6.2 yet? I haven't found anything referring to "10.6.2" in this thread...

After updating with the ComboUpdate, I've lost audio completely ("No output devices") and it won't wake up from Sleep anymore (guess Netkas' SleepEnabler for 10.6.2 doesn't work as it should).

I've been searching all around for a solution, but haven't found any kexts that would work with 10.6.2, and the only solution to it being to try and patch the DSDT, which seems rather difficult and there are barely any comprehensible guides for it out there.

Is there any simple solution that I'm missing?

Thanks in avance...

ChronoDog,

Yes, I've been on 10.6.2 for a while now.

What likely happened is that the modified kexts installed in S/L/E with Apple names were overwritten by the update. In your case it would be the modified audio kext, "AppleHDA.kext". You should be able to simply run the Kext Installer with those two audio kexts, "AppleHDA.kext" and "HDAEnabler.kext". Those are the two I'm running and they are the default audio kexts in the script.

Keep in mind, however, and this applies to anyone using my script: if you were to "uninstall" the modified "AppleHDA.kext" after having updated to 10.6.2, the original Apple-supplied AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.1 would be the one that would be restored (or whichever OS version was in place when you did the kext install). This is because each time you install a modified kext into /System (or S/L/E), the script renames the original, if present, with the ".original" suffix. In the event you want to uninstall the modified kext, the script will remove that kext and rename the original by stripping the ".original" suffix, leaving you with the original vanilla kext.

This practice, although being a safe and practical way of handling kext installation, has the big drawback of not staying in sync with system updates. One way around this issue is to not rename the original, but simply delete it. But, in the event you want to uninstall that kext, you need the vanilla version, which is no longer available. Another way to get around this is to install into /Extra, if at all possible.

I'd love to find a elegant way to get around this issue, but it appears to mean keeping an log of all kext versions and changes in S/L/E, but that can get really messy.

The only kexts with these types of issues are modified kexts with Apple-supplied names: AppleHDA.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

There may be others, too, but these are the ones we commonly use.

MAJ

I have smooth running Snow long time ago by using this script and Ext/Ext setting and now I am looking to have the AL889a Audio to work all ports and may be the network by DSDT editing. If any body manage to do that or remember the post number here, please let me know.

many thanks to all.

I ran the script as mentioned on this post. I am not getting the "arch=386" inserted as I am not successfully getting the "-v" to work. That also means I cannot get the rebuildcache to work.

My boot loads chameleon then loads all the drivers - very slowly - and finishes in verbose mode. This is normal (what it does already). Except that it normally loads all the drivers extremely fast - you cant even read them as the screen goes by.

It seems to repeat a hang with "2.0.46 m168eFl7" and DSMOS Timed out.

Any suggestions?

Alright, I've been working on my set up for like 2 weeks now on and off, on and off.. day job and all..

so let me give you a background first.

Specs = geforce 6600GT, Gigabyte UD5, 1.5TB HDD.

1.) I used this method to install from CruiSAr post #883

I followed DD's install with Cham 2 installed, no netkas PCEFI install.. (or whatever its called)

2.) I used his Voodoo.kext for sound and I have had no luck with it at all... then i went and tried out emilio's sound kext found here And unfortunately that didnt work... with each install i went to apple menu->system preference->sound-> and slected LineOut as the output.. I have a sneaking suspicion that there should be an item that says internal speakers.. or something... please let me know if that is the case... I do notice in verbose mode something about voodoo information but it goes so fast that I cant get the screen shot..

(I also just read DD's script about the audio issue with 10.6.2, could this be the problem I am having with the sound?)

i noticed a lot of people posting screen shots here, i wonder how you guys get the verbose information so i can submit it here...

I am booting up in 32 bit mode right now.. I gave up on booting on 64 bit for now since I am now getting it to work in 32 bit mode...

I tried getting it to workin 64 bit, but I keep getting a windowserver error, even though I am not using ATY_init, I had actually deleted that all together.. I have even tried to install the 10.6.1 NVDAL40HAL and 50HAL, and NVDRESman, or whatever the geforce kext are from 10.6.1 that people mention would fix it..

so alas, I am almost perfect.. the only not working in 32 bit is the sound.. i get ethernet working just fine... it works fine in 32 bit without sound right now.. once i have sound i can safely be happy with this install, but currently need to get that fixed..

is there something I am doing wrong? i am using EFI method via DD's script.. I am install and updating boot cache via dd's script.. do i have to buildcache everytime i install a kext? or does the script do that for you..

anyways thanks so much for such an amazing script dd... and for emilio and CruiSar and mrycar for helping me out so far.

anyone see any issues with this hardware? ill be adding a core i7 975 cpu, not sure yet on the dvd drive to use.

COOLER MASTER UCP RS900-AAAAA3 900W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Power Supply

GIGABYTE GV-N28-1GH-B GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/ 25CM Fan

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3X1600R2LV6GK

I have been reading a lot about the hardware to get but would apperciate any of you advanced users who have been installing osx b4 help out..

thoughts?

2.) I used his Voodoo.kext for sound and I have had no luck with it at all... then i went and tried out emilio's sound kext found here And unfortunately that didnt work... with each install i went to apple menu->system preference->sound-> and slected LineOut as the output.. I have a sneaking suspicion that there should be an item that says internal speakers.. or something... please let me know if that is the case... I do notice in verbose mode something about voodoo information but it goes so fast that I cant get the screen shot..

hey cruisar,

i did a new install with 10.6.2 and voodooHDA in System. Frontpanel headphones are working and the other output devices are "digital out" and "SPDIF out". but i got a 5.1 surround speaker system with 3 audio jacks (standard 3,5 mm). do you use digital out for your 5.1 system or what's the trick?

If you still have AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E, then Voodoo.kext won't load.

Should I be concerned if NullCPUPM doesn't show up in Profiler's list of kernel extensions? Neither does fakeSMC... but I do see things like SleepEnabler, VoodooHDA, and RealtekR1000.

I've managed to get bootable 10.6.2 working with an Apple Software RAID0. It could probably be refined a fair bit but here's how I did it.

Create RAID0 using Disk Utility from Snow Leopard.

-In disk utility select the hard drive of each RAID disk and click the Info button. Record or remember the "disk identifier" number (will read as something like "disk0". The number may vary).

Install Chameleon RC3

-For the following replace # with the disk identifier number for your RAID Disks. Note instructions are for 2 disks but can be adapted for more.

- Install boot0 to the MBR of both disks:

sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk#

sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk#

- Install boot1h to the bootsector of each boot partition:

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk#s3

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk#s3

- Install boot to both helper partition's root directories.

diskutil mount disk#s3

cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX

diskutil unmount disk0s3

diskutil mount disk#s3

cp boot /Volumes/Boot\ OSX

diskutil unmount disk1s3

Install 10.6

-Use DD's script to open the 10.6 disk installer and install onto the RAID0 (I had to clone a fresh install to the RAID from another partition before the installer would recognise my RAID0). Installing rather than cloning to RAID apparently installs some important files used by the RAID.

Install necessary kexts

-Copy an /extra folder from an old install to Root in RAID0 volume

-Run DD's script and install kexts to /S/L/E

Add RAID UUID to com.apple.boot.plist

-Find the "Universal Unique Identifier" for your RAID Volume (not each individual disk) by selecting it in disk utility and clicking the info button.

-Open com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra and add boot-uuid=add your RAID UUID here along with any other desired kernel flags.

Mine looks like this

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 -v boot-uuid=D78340F9-DB7F-3D02-BB72-7180A197B671</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

Copy your /Extra folder to the helper partition on each RAID slice

-The /Extra folder won't be used from your RAID0 volume so this step is necessary

-Replace # with your disk identifier number for each RAID disk

-Open Terminal

-Type diskutil mount disk#s3

-A drive called Boot OSX will appear on the desktop

-Copy /Extra to Boot OSX

-Type diskutil unmount disk#s3

-Repeat for your other RAID disk

Restart and boot into your RAID

-Update to 10.6.2

-Install any necessary kexts

-Remember if you need anything in /Extra to be functional you have to copy it across to each RAID helper partition

This should be it. Setup appears to also work with PC EFI 10.5 (I'll report more info as i explore).

Note. While trying to figure out how to get things working I also copied my com.apple.boot.plist to /com.apple.boot.P/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration on each helper partition for my RAID disks and replaced the standard one there. I think that I shouldn't of done this but stupidly I didn't backup the original file and now I can't revert without going back to the start. Everything is working ok but I'd still like to test with the original file.

If anyone has a RAID0 setup could you please upload this file for me.

Folks, I am having trouble getting any audio to work. I know Azalia is on auto in the BIOS. Also can't seem to get Bonjour working either.

Regarding Bonjour, I'm seeing many messages like this in Console...

12/6/09 Dec 6, 5:28pm mDNSResponder[19] mDNSSendDNSMessage: write msg length failed -1/2

12/6/09 Dec 6, 6:13pm mDNSResponder[19] ERROR: mDNSPlatformWriteTCP - send Broken pipe

Tried this, does not seem to fix it. From http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1318922

################################################################
	 #					 Mac OS X Retail DVD					#
	  #	 Chameleon v2.0 Bootloader & Kext/Kernel Installer	#
	  #														  #
	 #				  v4.10 by digital_dreamer				  #
	################################################################

Files to be installed from
the script's folders to Kaly - Extra:

ATA					VERSION	 ARCH	 SIZE  DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext		  2.5.1	 x86_64	 280K	  /System
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1		N/A	   4K	   /Extra
3) JMicronATA.kext				 1.0.0	 x86_64	 180K	  /System

Audio
4) VoodooHDA.kext				  0.2.1	 x86_64	 524K	   /Extra

Graphics
  (No files present to install)

Networking
5) RealtekR1000.kext			   1.8.1	 x86_64	 204K	  /System

Misc Patches
6) fakesmc.kext					2		 x86_64	 124K	   /Extra
7) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext	 1.0.0d2   x86_64	 116K	  /System
8) OpenHaltRestart.kext			1.0.3	 x86_64	 100K	  /System
9) PlatformUUID.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 104K	  /System
10) SleepEnabler.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 112K	   /Extra

Kernel & matching kext

I've been cruising along happily for many months now - Thanks DD!

Now, maybe after a software update (I've felt free to almost do them blindly) I can't boot with any of the HDA kexts in my extra folder. Pull 'em out and I boot fine.

I'm still on 10.5.8, ud4p - don't mean to distract from all the SL fun, but the old thread points us over here to ask questions.

hey cruisar,

another issue: sleep doesn't work as it should: the system goes to sleep but wakes up 1 sec after but the display won't wake up.

i use GraphicsEnabler=y in my boot.plist along with pc_efi 10.5.

thanks for help

Hi VirusX,

I do not use the digital out olny the 3 pin output so I am sorry, I cant tell if it works or not. I think the sleep issue might be graphics card related but then again, I might also be wrong, I use Chameleon 2 RC3 but with pcefi 10.5 boot file. Try resetting your bios and matching it to DD's bios screen shots.

Cheers

Folks, I am having trouble getting any audio to work. I know Azalia is on auto in the BIOS. Also can't seem to get Bonjour working either. Here is my current kext setup, if anyone has any ideas:

VodooHda should be installed in S/L/E and not in Extra. Not having problem with bonjour with Realtek kexts in my post. Try that one if that is not the one you are using

If you still have AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E, then Voodoo.kext won't load.

Should I be concerned if NullCPUPM doesn't show up in Profiler's list of kernel extensions? Neither does fakeSMC... but I do see things like SleepEnabler, VoodooHDA, and RealtekR1000.

Hi Sinusoid,

Thanks for replying to the post regarding sound, I have been absent for a while. Actually you dont need to be worried about those kexts not showing up in your system profiler. If you check your logs or boot in verbose mode, you can actually see those kexts being loaded.

Cheers

Off Topic

Running Raid at the moment with 2 640Gb WD Caviar Blue Drives. I think DD will be adding this setup to his script very soon :D

post-371855-1260127800_thumb.png

I ran the script as mentioned on this post. I am not getting the "arch=386" inserted as I am not successfully getting the "-v" to work. That also means I cannot get the rebuildcache to work.

My boot loads chameleon then loads all the drivers - very slowly - and finishes in verbose mode. This is normal (what it does already). Except that it normally loads all the drivers extremely fast - you cant even read them as the screen goes by.

It seems to repeat a hang with "2.0.46 m168eFl7" and DSMOS Timed out.

Any suggestions?

If the arch=i386 is not in the boot.plist, then it's starting in 64-bit mode. You can add this and -v flag via script with Modify plists. Select the plist for your boot volume and modify the kernel flags.

The only time you need to do the 'buildcache' in single-user mode is when you are booting SL from Leopard.

Hope that helps. <thumbsup>

(I also just read DD's script about the audio issue with 10.6.2, could this be the problem I am having with the sound?)

I doubt that issue would affect having sound.

do i have to buildcache everytime i install a kext? or does the script do that for you..

No. Each time you run the Kext Installer, the cache build is already done. Or, if you were to add/remove kexts via drag and drop into the "Stored_Kexts" folder, then "Rebuild Boot Cache" via script is all that's needed.

The "buildcache" routine in Single-User mode is only for booting into SL from a Leo install. So, you should only have to use it once.

MAJ

Running Raid at the moment with 2 640Gb WD Caviar Blue Drives. I think DD will be adding this setup to his script very soon :blink:

Nice!

Yep, got Apple RAID recognized in script, can recognize and install bootloaders, and modify plists, as well as view, any of the RAID member partitions. Working on the kext install portion now. It's making this thing cooomplicated.

Question for you RAID users: Have you been able to run a EFI setup with RAID? I can't do a full-blown test, but hear EFI boot used to work. Lately, I hear of RAID users having to switch from EFI to /Extra for a working setup.

MAJ

Thanks to DD for a fantastic guide.

I installed everything works except can't get 9400 GT have support QE/CI. but im working on that one.

My main problem is that when updating to 10.6.2, i get a KP at start up.

Am I forgetting to do something? Do i need to update cache or something??

Thanks in advance,

spec:

i7 920

ex58-ud5

6gb 1333

OK trying this... Sound working! digital_dreamer (MAJ), CruiSAr, you rock!

MAJ, what do you think of, making this the default config in your script? Does your default config have working sound?

Hmmm... Bonjour seems to be unhappy again...

ATA					VERSION	 ARCH	 SIZE  DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext		  2.5.1	 x86_64	 280K	   /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1		N/A	   4K	   /Extra
3) JMicronATA.kext				 1.0.0	 x86_64	 180K	   /Extra

Audio
4) VoodooHDA.kext				  0.2.1	 x86_64	 524K	  /System

Graphics

Networking
5) RealtekR1000.kext			   1.8.1	 x86_64	 204K	  /System

Misc Patches
6) fakesmc.kext					2		 x86_64	 124K	   /Extra
7) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext	 1.0.0d2   x86_64	 116K	   /Extra
8) OpenHaltRestart.kext			1.0.3	 x86_64	 100K	   /Extra
9) PlatformUUID.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 104K	   /Extra
10) SleepEnabler.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 112K	   /Extra

Thanks to DD for a fantastic guide.

I installed everything works except can't get 9400 GT have support QE/CI. but im working on that one.

My main problem is that when updating to 10.6.2, i get a KP at start up.

Am I forgetting to do something? Do i need to update cache or something??

Thanks in advance,

spec:

i7 920

ex58-ud5

6gb 1333

Remove the SleepEnabler.kext, if it's being installed. The older one is no longer compatible with 10.6.2.

There is a updated version, if you need it, but I don't have it included in this thread, yet.

@ luh3417,

Great news!

MAJ

Remove the SleepEnabler.kext, if it's being installed. The older one is no longer compatible with 10.6.2.

There is a updated version, if you need it, but I don't have it included in this thread, yet.

@ luh3417,

Great news!

MAJ

appreciate the advice. I wil give it a try

OK trying this... Sound working! digital_dreamer (MAJ), CruiSAr, you rock!

MAJ, what do you think of, making this the default config in your script? Does your default config have working sound?

Hmmm... Bonjour seems to be unhappy again...

luh3417,

There currently isn't a way to really determine if a particular kext is going to fail in /Extra.

I'm pretty disappointed myself with the number of kexts that must be installed into S/L/E to work properly. Most kexts worked in /Extra in Leopard and we were rather happy with that. We could have a real vanilla install. Now, whether a kext works in /Extra or not hinges on satisfying all its dependencies and that's unknown until tried. The only default situation I tried to setup in the script was getting x86-64 kexts to install into /S/L/E when working inside Leo.

I don't know why this situation persists in SL and would be happy to hear an explanation of why it's different in SL. My question would be whether it requires a rewrite of the kexts involved or if this is just going to be the expected behavior in SL. If it's going to be the latter, it defeats the purpose of /Extra and renders our formerly pristine vanilla install not-so-vanilla. Fortunately, it seems to only affect the networking and sound.

As far as a default config in the script, I may create a "white list" of known kexts that must be installed into /System.

MAJ

luh3417,

There currently isn't a way to really determine if a particular kext is going to fail in /Extra.

I'm pretty disappointed myself with the number of kexts that must be installed into S/L/E to work properly. Most kexts worked in /Extra in Leopard and we were rather happy with that. We could have a real vanilla install. Now, whether a kext works in /Extra or not hinges on satisfying all its dependencies and that's unknown until tried. The only default situation I tried to setup in the script was getting x86-64 kexts to install into /S/L/E when working inside Leo.

I don't know why this situation persists in SL and would be happy to hear an explanation of why it's different in SL. My question would be whether it requires a rewrite of the kexts involved or if this is just going to be the expected behavior in SL. If it's going to be the latter, it defeats the purpose of /Extra and renders our formerly pristine vanilla install not-so-vanilla. Fortunately, it seems to only affect the networking and sound.

As far as a default config in the script, I may create a "white list" of known kexts that must be installed into /System.

MAJ

The only kext I have in /S/L/E is Realtek1000SL, surely all the others are just symptoms of not have proper PM?

steve

Alright, to give anyone who may have sound issues with 10.6.2

I'll give my knowledge... just in case someone needs exact directions..

alright.. we can try both LegacyHDA From Emilio (page 34) or go to CruiSar's post for Voodoo here

now..

1.) redownload DD's script, (this ensures clean script with clean Kext.. just in case you screwed around with the kexts enough that it could be tainted... from my understanding of DD's post.. there is a slight chance that AppleHDA and the other sound related kext gets over written by apple's update, and to get sound to work you need the modified AppleHDA.. and the other kext.. (dont remember, its on the script)

2.) Once downloaded take the audio kext from that download and put it in the script that u used before.. and make sure you go and download the latest voodooHDA kext (From Cruisar or you can use Emilio's LegacyHDA kext) and put it back on the Audio directory of DD's script and do the install and update bootcache.. supercombo..

3.) Restart and the audio should start working... I think whenI upgraded to 10.6.2 appleHDA and the other one may have been over written or something.. whatever is the case.. its working now.. so thank goodness

now the question is.. DOES the audio or sound seem to be weak? not loud at all? I have to blast all my settings to get a decent volume.. just wondering.

Thanks again DD, CruiSar, Emilio and mrycar for being so responsive..

i still have issues with 64 bit, but thats windowserver, so geforce kext.. i have to do some tests later on.. but atleast 32bit is close to perfect.

hey guys!

I followed this guide for 3 times and did exactly what it says but

I dont know how to get it work anymore...

I'm using a .dmg file of a snow leopard retail DVD.

After having mounted the file, i used the patch installer and follwed

the steps in the guide.

But then, at the end of the SL Install, an error occurs, what says

that there are some files that cud not be installed - installation failed.

I took a look at my SL-Partition and it looked like it was installed correctly,

so i thought the error was part of the Script modifications...

Then i did the remaining steps of the guide and rebootet.

If i now start using my Leopard HDD as first boot device, and i try starting

SL via Chameleon bootloader, i get kernel panic...

When i start using my SL HDD as first boot device, i get this message:

boot 0: GPT

boot 0: testing

boot 0: error

- it tells me that SL is really not installed, right?

So what went wrong? Why can't i install SL correctly? any1 else with the

same error?

My System Config:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920

MB: Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

Graphic: MSI N258GTX 1024

Ram: 3x 2GB PC1600 CL7 OCZ

First Seagate HDD ( 1TB ):

- Mac OS X v. 10.5.7

Second Seagate HDD ( 500GB ):

- SL in near future

Thanks for replys =)

Question for you RAID users: Have you been able to run a EFI setup with RAID? I can't do a full-blown test, but hear EFI boot used to work. Lately, I hear of RAID users having to switch from EFI to /Extra for a working setup.

MAJ

I haven't tried to run my RAID with an EFI setup but my /Extra setup is a bit different to a non-RAID install. I had to copy my /Extra folder to the "Boot OSX" partitions (disk#s3) in order for it to be recognised. That fixed the CMOS reset and allowed my com.apple.boot.plist to be loaded but I still had to install all of my kexts in /S/L/E. I think this is because I haven't been able to correctly get Extentions.mkext to correctly build on my Boot OSX partitions.

Things are running well at the moment but I'm still working on sleep and shutdown.

But then, at the end of the SL Install, an error occurs, what says

that there are some files that cud not be installed - installation failed.

boot 0: GPT

boot 0: error

- it tells me that SL is really not installed, right?

So what went wrong? Why can't i install SL correctly? any1 else with the

same error?

First Seagate HDD ( 1TB ):

- Mac OS X v. 10.5.7

Second Seagate HDD ( 500GB ):

- SL in near future

Thanks for replys =)

I see you are installing from Leopard. You need to uncheck the other install options like printer drivers and languages etc. Leave only the necessary files. You wont get the installation failed message. Click on the customise button when you have selected your drive to install to.

Remember to boot in single user mode and build caches as Leopard cant build SL boot caches.

Good luck

now the question is.. DOES the audio or sound seem to be weak? not loud at all? I have to blast all my settings to get a decent volume.. just wondering.

Thanks again DD, CruiSar, Emilio and mrycar for being so responsive..

i still have issues with 64 bit, but thats windowserver, so geforce kext.. i have to do some tests later on.. but atleast 32bit is close to perfect.

No problem with sound whatsoever from here. I honestly dont see why people are having problems with VoodooHDA. The trick is to remove the 2 sound kexts in DD's folder and put VoodooHDa in that folder instead.

This way even if you update and Apple gives you a new AppleHda kext, it wont afftect your sound.