[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

the clover install GUI had an option to insert the "-disable SleepProxy" into mDNSResponder for a while, which was the working patch before Yosemite switched to DiscoveryHD and got rid of mDNSresponder. So our trick was to disable the discoveryHD.plist and add the mDNSresponder again with the added command.

I assume this is what you meant or did Clover include a patch for the whole problem?

You are very welcome! I'm  glad I could help :)

the clover install GUI had an option to insert the "-disable SleepProxy" into mDNSResponder for a while, which was the working patch before Yosemite switched to DiscoveryHD and got rid of mDNSresponder. So our trick was to disable the discoveryHD.plist and add the mDNSresponder again with the added command.

I assume this is what you meant or did Clover include a patch for the whole problem?

You are very welcome! I'm  glad I could help :)

oh, i don't recall seeing that -disable sleep proxy in Clover before v3021.  I'll need to see if my PC wakes up after a few hours..

I did some more tests and removed my DSDT.aml file and just used ur config file from page222 and everything worked! audio/sleep (even waking from bluetooth mouse)

I found one issue was 2 of my usb ports doesn't work..even if i plug a simple mouse..weird..

weird... which one are those 2 ports exactly? in the back of the computer (= directly on the main board) or ports in the front (=connected to the main board via a cable)?

If you notice during your tests that I can optimize with my config.plist, please tell me. I used a standard config.plist and edited thing via trial and error and when I got to a stage where everything worked for me, I stopped changing stuff. It might not be the best config but all the things I need work :) trim/audio/sleep/waking from BT/graphic card

weird... which one are those 2 ports exactly? in the back of the computer (= directly on the main board) or ports in the front (=connected to the main board via a cable)?

If you notice during your tests that I can optimize with my config.plist, please tell me. I used a standard config.plist and edited thing via trial and error and when I got to a stage where everything worked for me, I stopped changing stuff. It might not be the best config but all the things I need work :) trim/audio/sleep/waking from BT/graphic card

the back usb ports - first row from the top.  if you are looking+facing at the back of the case the 2 right ports of the top row.

your config seems perfect for me, sleep,trim,audio,wake from bt + graphics all working for me too!

all four usb ports in the top row in the back work perfectly fine with my usb thumb drive. very strange. do you have another OS installed like windows or linux? if they work there, you can rule out a hardware defect...

all four usb ports in the top row in the back work perfectly fine with my usb thumb drive. very strange. do you have another OS installed like windows or linux? if they work there, you can rule out a hardware defect...

i had this happen before i think back in ML days.  if i put back my dsdt.aml the usb ports works (but sleep is broken).

i'm good 2 non working usb ports is fine.  It's amazing that my sleep is now working with bluetooth.

thanks and everyone enjoy their weekend!

I find this very interesting because I haven't heard of such a random "bug" before. If you have tons of time at your hand (maybe around the upcoming holidays), you could examine your DSDT step by step and isolate the "patch" that fixes your usb ports. I am sure you can implement this patch into clover. The clover devs know a way ;)

If not, as you said, there are enough other usb ports :)

thanks. have a great weekend as well!

Hey guys I was hoping one of your guys could help me with my graphics card problem.

I recently picked up a 4k tv and was hoping to use it close to full 4k resolution, and since my 9800gtx card is a bit on the old side i decided to upgrade to the nvidia geforce gtx 750ti. The problem is i can't boot into the desktop. I have graphics enabler on ( although I've also tried it with it off ) and it won't boot into the desktop here is the lasted boot hang I've gotten

IMG_0057.jpg

I've never had a Nvidia card with my hackintoshes so I can't help you. But I would suggest you post in the graphic card section of this forum since this has nothing to do with the installation of mavericks/yosemite on our GA main boards.

Yes it is. When installing 10.10 with Clover I had to set nv-disable=1. After installed, I don't have to inject the video card. It just works.

I finally managed getting my Fusion Drive Setup up and running with clover and yosemite.

Thought I share my experiences: 

1. My boot problems have been caused by a corrupted fusion drive. At least this is what it seems like.

2. When starting over, I was not able to delete / create Fusion Drive via Terminal in OS X Install. As soon as it started making changes to a core storage volume, my pc resetted. This corrupted FD even further, I had to manually write to both FD disks and the unlink them. So do not use Install OS X Media to create / split a Fusion Drive!

3. There is no complete guide on how to make the EFI partition of the Fusion drive bootable on a legacy BIOS board. You can't use clover installer on a Fusion drive. Thus I wrote down what worked for me: See this post

Everything seems to be working now, using FakeSMC, Miezes Kext and Toledas patch.

Sleep works, but also wakes after about 2 hours for a short time. Not using DSDT until now.

Edit: I forgot I have some kind of "sound issue": after sleep, sometimes internal speaker out changes to "headphones" while no headphones are plugged in. It also stops output then until reboot. Ideas?

• Like 1

Hello, thanks for the guide and thanks to VirusX and everyone who contributed to this great thread.

I am rather new to clover, it is not the easiest way to go coming from good old chameleon, but i am experimenting it in my great and glorious desktop with ga-ex58-ud5 . I am using it with an external usb thumb key, as suggested, and It seems to work flawlessly.  I still have a couple problems / questions about that :

1) performance : graphical performance and cpu performance is lower using clover : 8400 (geekbench) compared to 9900 using chameleon and my dsdt. Any clue about how can i fix it?

2) vga connector does not work in clover, unfortunately ... i couldn't find anything how to get it working in clover. In snow leopard it is pretty "automatic" , but HDMI doesn't work in snow... any solution to get vga working on yosemite and to get it working on clover? I have black screen using  VGA connector with clover and it works ok with snow leopard with chameleon. I have nvidia card (geforce 210 1gb)

3) internal audio does not work...i would like to use properly patched AppleHDA of course, not voodoo... any suggestion?

i found and modified the VirusX config.plist file, but audio and graphics does not work here.

thanks!

mal

Hi All,

So after many years of service from my RAID-0/Chameleon setup I'm looking to update the bootloader to Clover (like many of you)

I've done some testing on my Yosemite test drive, using a USB clover setup to get my config.plist working correctly and generally I found the introduction to Clover pretty well documented and pretty smooth (I'm relatively competent but definitely no expert). My Yosmeite maintenance drive (a single ssd) works perfectly. I use a trusty old DSDT and inject just FakeSMC and Mieze network kext.  I use HFSPlus-64.efi in drivers folder. 

The issue I have is that as yet I have been unable to boot into my RAID setup via Clover and there seems to be very little information out there about RAID setups. The information that is out there seems to suggest Software RAID installs shouldn't be a problem as they're very similar to Fusion drive setups but despite my best efforts I'm unable to boot my RAID (Mavericks install) . The error I get is attached below which suggests that the kernel is loaded but then the cache isn't found? This guy has an identical issue but it's an old thread and after following it for some pages it appears he doesn't work it out.

For the Clover USB for my RAID I use same config.plist, same DSDT 10.9 Kexts (FakeSMC and IONetworkFamily). I also have HFSPlus-64.efi in drivers folder.

If anyone has had any success transitioning a Chameleon RAID install to Clover I'd love to hear from you. I'm curious if there's something hanging over from the Chameleon setup that is stopping Clover from doing it's job. 

Anyway - happy tweaking and look forward to any ideas.

bw

tom.

EDIT - Removing mach_kernel from the helper partition has enabled me to boot. It looks like it was interfering with Clover. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a great deal for MAJ, for keeping the script going for so long!

I actually specced my hack build when i ordered it in 2007 to work with the earlier Leopard version of this script.

It's worked fantastically through all the OS since, also using d00ds great dsdt work, but now I have moved to clover and yosemite reasonably easily.

My experiences are here :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196771-ga-ex58-and-ga-x58a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/?p=2098918

Thanks again.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Mavericks is running fine on my machine, so I tried to install Yosemite... and hopefully, I did it on another drive!

Here is what I did (I followed the steps from the first post of this topic)

1- Create a USB boot disk installer:

• Moved the "kernel" file from HackInstaller/Kernels/10.10_Yosemite to HackInstaller/Kernels/
  • Started script
  • Menu 1: OSX Installer, Option 1: Boot Disk
  • Selected by USB drive
  • Kext install: Y
  • Efi String: N
  • Keep Graphic flag to No (as I am using with Mavericks)
  • Option 1, Grab DSDT from this machine
  • No change in the DSDT patch selection screen

2- Booted from the USB drive, checked with Disk Utility that the drive was GUID patitionned, and installed Yosemite

3- Rebooted on Mavericks, rerun script:

• Installed Chameleon (Menu 2, Option 2) (no change in the module list)
  • Installed Kexts (Menu 3, Option A: Standard Boot)
  • Patched DSDT (Menu 5, Option 1: Grab and patch from this machine)

4- Rebooted on Yosemite...  
And got this error message:

Unable to find driver for this platform= \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2782.1.97/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590

Yosemite.jpg

My mobo is a GA-EX58-UD5 (see signature for full machine specs), same one as MAJ, so I did not change anything in the scripts settings and kext configurations.

Any idea on why it is not working ?

post-405055-0-74664600-1421605660_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Mavericks is running fine on my machine, so I tried to install Yosemite... and hopefully, I did it on another drive!

Any idea on why it is not working ?

I'm not using Chameleon anymore but did you use the latest Chamaleon 2.3 r 2549 ?  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-23-svn/

And did you put the "kext-dev-mode=1" as Kernel Flag ?

Look carefully the first page of this topic ! "Known issues:"

Good luck

• Like 1