[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

ICore,

Make sure you have the AppleRTC.kext installed in /System. That should fix the issue. :)

MAJ

Almost... 

No more cmos reset, but it reboots instead of waking up.

Here are my kext settings:

VERSION    ARCH  SIZE  MKEXT FILTER    DEST
ATA
 1) JMicron36xSATA.kext             0.7=        N/A    8K    Local-Root  /Extra

Audio
 2) AppleHDA.kext                   2.6.1f2= x86_64  0,0M           N/A /System
 3) HDAEnabler1.kext                1.0.0d1= x86_64  108K          Root /System

Graphics
    (No files present to install)

Networking
 4) IONetworkingFamily.kext         3.2=     x86_64  0,0M          Root  /Extra

Misc Patches
 5) AppleRTC.kext                   2.0=     x86_64   80K          Root /System
 6) FakeSMC.kext                    6.8.1307=x86_64  724K          Root  /Extra
 7) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext     1.0.0d2= x86_64  116K          Root  /Extra

Do you see anything wrong ? (my hardware config is hereafter)

Icore- make sure you have Start up automatically after a power failure selected in system prefs > energy saving

Thank you very much!

The option was not set. 

Now sleep/wake works fine :)

..first of all, thanks @DigitalDreamer; due to your effort I came back in hackintosh world again :-D

About installing Mavericks everything is gone well, but during the first boot I got a KP on AppleTyMCEDriver and IOACPIFamily...I working on Gigabyte P35-DS4 any suggestions?

Thanks for Your Time

EDIT: I think I am not so far..

removed AppleTyMCE and changed the smbios to MacPro3,1 now I am able to finish the system booting log, but later the display goes all black and..noting..

..the same, the display goes on powersave and I am not able to see anything, except the hard disk working.

I ' ve got a EX58-UD5 board - i7 920 CPU - EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ (512) video card and 12 GB of RAM.

I ' ve used Clover to install Snow Leopard and digital_dreamers Hackinstaller to load Mountain Lion (10.8.5) and Mavericks (10.9.1) all are still without Networking, sound and support for my video card with multiple video resolutions  Only Mountain Lion is booted with Chameleon 2.2 at this moment.

What kexts or scripts do I need to get them on to sound, networking and recognizing the resolutions that my GeForce 9800GTX+ can attain? 

Ga ex58 ud3R - i7 920 - 6Gb corsair - GTX 285 nvidia

Finally i managed to boot in Yosemite with kernelcache on and my only issue is the runaway mouse.

I used the chameleon boot usb pkg to build my bootable usb but unfortunately with chameleon 2380 my system couldn't reach the boot screen.Don't know why,although with 2377 worked like a charm.

So i used maj's script to install the bootloader ( the rest for now needs update,hope maj will give this amazing script an update boost ) by manually replacing the chimera inside the script with Chameleon2380 and worked.

Next step was bypassing the Appleexudelist that hanged the boot.

Manually deleted and boot with -f

Transfer kexts from e/e to s/l/e and with little help from victor souza

open /usr/standalone/BootCaches.plist and change "Izvn" on "Preferred Compression" key to ""Izss"

then go to terminal and type:

sudo -s

hit enter

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -all-loaded

then hit enter again

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot and without -f manage to boot with cache enabled.

Can't fix the mouse issue though :(

Sorry for the long post

I succeeded finally to install Yosemite on my GA EX58-UD5.

1.USB install disk created with this topic:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298458-installation-guide-for-1010-dp1-usb/

2.Then install Clover_v2k_r2728.pkg ( EFI folder/ like my Mavericks 10.9.3) kexts in 10.10 folder;DSDT.aml; Vbios for my GC)

3.Install FakeSMC.kext (3.3.1) and IONetworkingFamily.kext ( with RealtekRTL811 v1.2 ) copied in S/L/E

4.Boot the USB install disk and install Yosemite DP1 on "Yosemite disk".

5.Back to Mavericks disk. and changed config.plist for clover and added "kext-dev-mode=1" to my boot args

6.Reboot with USB install disk and chose "Yosemite disk". Install all kext needed for my hardware in S/L/E with Kext Utility Super Speed Edition 2.5.7 rebuild kernel cache.

7.Reboot with USB install disk and chose "Yosemite disk".

8.Apple Update to Yosemite 10.10 DP2 and installed in S/L/E "QE_CI Exotic Patch Yosemite 10.10 DP2 kexts" for 48xx cards (not shure if I need this !)

9.Reboot in Yosemite disk

And Voilà

:D

Looking if Cloverbootloader could inject kexts or not.

Keep you informed

post-305243-0-30567300-1403646093_thumb.png

post-305243-0-05712900-1403647132_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @ROBASEFR for your step-by-step guide. I just couldn't help and notice some unnecessary steps in between. With Clover and our mainboard setup, you really only need two kexts: FakeSMC and IONetworking. Everything else, including DSDT patching, is done by Clover.

1) create USB yosemite installer

2) my tip: install clover on an extra thumb drive / sd card. 

3) copy FakeSMC and IONetworking kext to Clover/kexts/10.10 and add "kext-dev-mode=1" to the boots args in the clover config

4) boot from clover usb drive and select yosemite usb installer and install on hard drive

5) boot from clover usb drive and select hard drive with yosemite.

6) add/apply toleda's audio patch to clover's config and run his script.

DONE

Sleep and all the other things are working thanks to clover. No need for tons of kexts. No need to install kexts to S/L/E and rebuild caches (those things will break anyway with the next OS update!).

Now you can check out all the other options in clover's config file and adjust things if you want to. Like inject graphic settings/framebuffers.

Once you have found the perfect clover config, install clover to your hard drive, copy the kexts to the clover/kexts/10.10 folder and replace the standard config plist with your perfect one.

--> if there's an update for clover or you want to try a new setting for clover, test it on the clover usb drive first, before you apply it to your real install on the hard drive so you won't destroy your install ;)

edit: I added my config.plist. ATTENTION: A framebuffer patch for my MSI R9 270X is included. Remove that if you don't have the same card ;) 

config.plist-YOSEMITE.zip

• Like 1

Hello VirusX,

I agree that my USB Install OSX 10.10DP1 could be less specific for my RIG then for the GA -EX58-UD5 only, but I like to have a bootdisk running by default a lot off my hardware. (LAN, AHCI,IDE, graphic card kexts for my HD4850 ,USB3 /SATA3 kexts needed for my RIG !) This saves me a lot of time if I mess up my Yosemite boot disk !

Well for the moment Clover_v2k_r2758 ( latest) doesn't inject my kexts yet, on behave of FakeSMC!    So i have to install all my specific kexts in S/L/E  !

I left the original IONetworkingFamily.kext ( I'm now on DP3 !) and found a better RTL8111.kext ( v1.2.2) that I copied in S/L/E, and this works very good.

Surely, I don't control Clover well enough because formerly I was exclusively on Chameleon !

I will compare and have a close look on your Clover config.plist , and thank you for that !

Bye

RTL8111- V1.2.2-dev3.zip

post-305243-0-66553900-1405254058_thumb.png

did you set 'InjectKexts' to true?

Thanks for the new networking kext, I'll have a look at that these days. I don't really need a new one since the old one is working even in Yosemite, but it's always good to check out the alternatives ;)

Yes, I did. By the way a little bit confusing the difference between Yes and true !

Inject of kexts works better now, but not working for my DVD -IDE and had to install in S/L/E drivers for my USB3/SATA3 card too, to get them working !

I saw in your config.plist no SMBIOS data ! Is that volontarely ?

The new RealtekRTL8111.kext copied in S/L/E has the convenient that it's not inside IONETWORKINGfamily.kext (plugin) so not affected when updating !

;)

Clover is boolean values (true / false) to toggle options on/yes or off/no.

Regarding SMBIOS I quote the clover wiki: " Clover will do this task automatically based on the given processor, video card and signs of mobility. However, you may choose differently." Because of this, I left everything for clover to set and it works, so I don't mess with it haha

Regarding the networking kext: Again, since I let clover inject my kexts, I never have problems when updating. But depending on the method you chose for Audio patching (Toleda offers several options), you need to run his script again after Apple updated its AppleHDA.kext.

Since I don't have IDE or USB3 devices, I don't need kexts for that but theoretically, clover should be able to handle that too so that you don't have to install them in S/L/E. Maybe you have to ask in the clover thread - I'm not an expert ;)

I think the whole idea behind clover is to have a vanilla install (everything untouched) and let clover work its magic while booting (patching DSDT, injecting kext, setting all parameters). So an update from Apple won't kill your system and in case you want to change things with clover, you can easily do that on a thumb drive and don't kill your install with the wrong kext in S/L/E ;)

• 2 weeks later...

legends74,

Try running the following command in Terminal (copy/paste) to enable TRIM (this should work for any version of OS X):

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|(Rotational\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}[^\x00])|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' \

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

best of wishes,

MAJ

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to DP6  -went smooth  !

:thumbsup_anim:

I joint my config.plist for Clover bootloader r2818 for EX58-UD5

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Hi ROBASEFR/VirusX!

Using this config.plist, are you able to boot the system without any further customizations in terms of kexts (aka are all the patches that are needed in the config file or do you also use some kexts in combination with this file)?

Would also like to make the switch to Clover, but I'm a long time Chameleon user, also running on a GA-EX58-UD5 board. Maybe your config.plist could be a starting point ;).

Specifically: I would like to know how you got sound working through Clover... I'm currently not finding any solution through Clover (I just wouldn't get ANY sound options in DP6, although I would get them up until DP4)

Hello Windows04,

I use this patch for audio;

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

And this kext for LAN (885) in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/?hl=%20realtekrtl8111

Latest FakeSMC.kext with plugins is 6.11.1328  : http://hwsensors.com/

For USB3 I took this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

The rest is in config.plist !

Use Clover configurator (4.12.1) : to see in détail:http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/49-clover-configurator/

Important:

I use Kext Wizard (3.7.10) to install kext in S/L/E and rebuild cache (when already In Yosemite)

When updating cache from an other disk then Yosemite,  I use  in terminal : (where "Yosemite" is the disk to update):

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions

Good luck.

;)

P.S : I can say as an Chameleon transfuge that Clover is the best way to boot in OSX !

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what I'm suppose to do but every time I run the Run_Hackinstaller file and pick Install OS X then Boot Disk, it'll tell me the OS X ISO/DVD/ESD file couldn't be found. I'm doing this on my macbook, unless I'm doing something incorrect I'm not quite following it. 

EDIT: After redownloading the .app again it works.

Thanks @ROBASEFR for your step-by-step guide. I just couldn't help and notice some unnecessary steps in between. With Clover and our mainboard setup, you really only need two kexts: FakeSMC and IONetworking. Everything else, including DSDT patching, is done by Clover.

1) create USB yosemite installer

2) my tip: install clover on an extra thumb drive / sd card. 

3) copy FakeSMC and IONetworking kext to Clover/kexts/10.10 and add "kext-dev-mode=1" to the boots args in the clover config

4) boot from clover usb drive and select yosemite usb installer and install on hard drive

5) boot from clover usb drive and select hard drive with yosemite.

6) add/apply toleda's audio patch to clover's config and run his script.

DONE

Sleep and all the other things are working thanks to clover. No need for tons of kexts. No need to install kexts to S/L/E and rebuild caches (those things will break anyway with the next OS update!).

Now you can check out all the other options in clover's config file and adjust things if you want to. Like inject graphic settings/framebuffers.

Once you have found the perfect clover config, install clover to your hard drive, copy the kexts to the clover/kexts/10.10 folder and replace the standard config plist with your perfect one.

--> if there's an update for clover or you want to try a new setting for clover, test it on the clover usb drive first, before you apply it to your real install on the hard drive so you won't destroy your install ;)

edit: I added my config.plist. ATTENTION: A framebuffer patch for my MSI R9 270X is included. Remove that if you don't have the same card ;)

Hi ROBASEFR/VirusX!

Using this config.plist, are you able to boot the system without any further customizations in terms of kexts (aka are all the patches that are needed in the config file or do you also use some kexts in combination with this file)?

Would also like to make the switch to Clover, but I'm a long time Chameleon user, also running on a GA-EX58-UD5 board. Maybe your config.plist could be a starting point ;).

Specifically: I would like to know how you got sound working through Clover... I'm currently not finding any solution through Clover (I just wouldn't get ANY sound options in DP6, although I would get them up until DP4)

Hello Windows04,

I use this patch for audio;

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

And this kext for LAN (885) in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/?hl=%20realtekrtl8111

Latest FakeSMC.kext with plugins is 6.11.1328  : http://hwsensors.com/

For USB3 I took this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

The rest is in config.plist !

Use Clover configurator (4.12.1) : to see in détail:http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/49-clover-configurator/

Hi Windows04,

sorry for my late response. I quoted my how-to from 1 or 2 pages before to install yosemite. The procedure is still the same but I'm using the Realtek8111.kext now, as ROBASEFR suggested.

BUT: I would NOT suggest you put any kexts in S/L/E! As I described above, all kexts go to the Clover folder and get loaded from there. No need to change anything in the install (which might get changed by the next OS update anyway.)

For sound, I'm also using Toleda's patch which should be able to survive OS updates as well.

If you have more questions, like my post or write me a private message after you replied so that I get a notification (I don't check this thread regularly any more).

Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...