nForce OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) RETAIL INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

Snow Leopard on nForce + Intel CPU MOBO in Desktop  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Have you successfully installed a working, bootable Snow Leopard system?

• Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using verdant's nForceSLBoot132DVD installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using verdant's nForceSLBoot132DVD installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using verdant's nForceSLBoot132DVD installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO using OSInstall.mpkg method from Leopard to another HDD/volume
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using OSInstall.mpkg method from Leopard to another HDD/volume
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using OSInstall.mpkg method from Leopard to another HDD/volume
    • No, none of the above methods has worked for me
    • I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to go over to the "light" side....Intel chipset MOBO.....
    • I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to buy a "real" Mac
  2. 2. Would you say that your Snow Leopard system is working to your satisfaction (e.g. compared to Leopard)

• 100%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • <50%
    • Are you running 10.6.1 successfully , having auto-updated without any problems
    • Are all the standard Apple applications running OK
  3. 3. Is your Snow Leopard system working 100% on

• SATA HDD
    • SATA DVDRW including burning disks
    • PATA (IDE) HDD
    • PATA (IDE) DVDRW including burning disks
    • Video
    • Onboard LAN (Ethernet)
    • USB devices (mounting/unmounting), plus USB keyboard and USB mouse
    • Firewire
    • PS/2 keyboard and mouse
    • Audio including Front Panel headphones and microphone
    • Audio except Front Panel headphones
    • Audio except Front Panel microphone
    • Sleep including waking from sleep
    • PCI NIC
    • eSATA
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • Time Machine
    • Overclocking
    • Auto Software Update e.g. to 10.6.1

2,142 posts in this topic

not sure where to get it :S

the only place i thought of is system/library/logs/crash reporter but empty.....

Go to Applications >>> Utilities >>> Console........double-click on Console, then look in the following sections:

DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION >>> System Diagnostic Reports and User Diagnostic Reports

FILES >>> ~/Library/Logs >>> Crash Reporter and/or Diagnostic Reports

FILES >>> /Library/Logs >>> Crash Reporter and/or Diagnostic Reports

FILES >>> kernel.log

Good Evening,

EDIT: I dont know why, but problem solved, using kexthelper -_- , I really tried days on that, and now leaving it a week alone and trying for 5 minutes it is working..strange

I dont know, if you remember me, but my problems are going on. After thinking my inserted network card destroyed my audo kext(vodooHDA) for creative x-fi, I removed it last week and the problem is still there. It worked nearly perfectly before I build in the network card, instantly after putting it into the slot, my audio control says : no device found. As I said problem still exists after removing it. I even tried different BIOS Versions and SL Installations attempts but no luck. Also the Leopard, where I installed the kext too, has no sound.

I noticed also some strange things, but I dont know if its in combination: My USB Printer wasnt working in Windows(32bit). IT ONLY HELPED to install an older driver for it. It came out of the blue :(

I hope my problems are clear :)

Good night,#

Starbuxx

Good Evening,

EDIT: I dont know why, but problem solved, using kexthelper -_- , I really tried days on that, and now leaving it a week alone and trying for 5 minutes it is working..strange

I dont know, if you remember me, but my problems are going on. After thinking my inserted network card destroyed my audo kext(vodooHDA) for creative x-fi, I removed it last week and the problem is still there. It worked nearly perfectly before I build in the network card, instantly after putting it into the slot, my audio control says : no device found. As I said problem still exists after removing it. I even tried different BIOS Versions and SL Installations attempts but no luck. Also the Leopard, where I installed the kext too, has no sound.

I noticed also some strange things, but I dont know if its in combination: My USB Printer wasnt working in Windows(32bit). IT ONLY HELPED to install an older driver for it. It came out of the blue :(

I hope my problems are clear :unsure:

Good night,#

Starbuxx

Sounds like a very confused system...........

I suggest you try switching the PC off, removing the AC power lead, waiting 10 mins, remove CMOS battery, remove all PCI/PCI-E cards (including the video card) and the RAM from the MOBO and wait for at least 30 minutes.......then re-install the PCI/PCI-E cards, then the RAM and finally the CMOS battery.......then re-connect AC power lead and switch on......

It should hopefully have reset the MOBO BIOS and PCI/PCI-E slots to the default settings.........the MOBO BIOS should POST successfully.......

Sounds like a very confused system...........

I suggest you try switching the PC off, removing the AC power lead, waiting 10 mins, remove CMOS battery, remove all PCI/PCI-E cards (including the video card) and the RAM from the MOBO and wait for at least 30 minutes.......then re-install the PCI/PCI-E cards, then the RAM and finally the CMOS battery.......then re-connect AC power lead and switch on......

It should hopefully have reset the MOBO BIOS and PCI/PCI-E slots to the default settings.........the MOBO BIOS should POST successfully.......

:( sry didnt try that....nevertheless everything works now! Even the second DVI output works with my new HDTV :D

One little thing I am not able to fix: I use EasyBCD 2-0-1 (Newest) on Windows and I added an MAC Entry with MBR Settings. When I select SLeopard on Bootscreen, I get Chan Boot Error. I googled around, but there are always solutions from the year 2007 with a very old VErsion of EBCD, and the settings arent existing anymore! Perhaps you can help?

Greetz

Starbuxx

:rolleyes: sry didnt try that....nevertheless everything works now! Even the second DVI output works with my new HDTV :D

One little thing I am not able to fix: I use EasyBCD 2-0-1 (Newest) on Windows and I added an MAC Entry with MBR Settings. When I select SLeopard on Bootscreen, I get Chan Boot Error. I googled around, but there are always solutions from the year 2007 with a very old VErsion of EBCD, and the settings arent existing anymore! Perhaps you can help?

Greetz

Starbuxx

No worries..........it is good news that everything OS X is working for you again......... :P

Is your Windows on its own HDD, or is it sharing the 80GB IDE HDD with Snow Leopard?

Windows on 750GB Sata, Snow Leopard on 80GB IDE. When I select the standart method for booting MAC(not MBR), Chameleon tries to boot from USB Stick, OR USB HDD. :)

I am using Chameleon 2.0 RC3 + PC_EFI v10.3 for OS X and EasyBCD 2.0.1 for Windows Vista/7

Is Snow Leopard HDD partitioned as MBR (Master Boot Record) or GPT (GUID)?

What version of Chameleon 2.0 do you have installed?

Ensure that OS X partition is active.......check using

diskutil list

in Terminal.....see here.....

If you are using Chameleon 2.0RC4, try PC_EFI v10.6, or try Chameleon 2.0 Pre-RC5

Alternatively, try AsereBLN v1.19, or AnVAL Loader.........

I am using Chameleon 2.0 RC3 + PC_EFI v10.3 for OS X and EasyBCD 2.0.1 for Windows Vista/7

Is Snow Leopard HDD partitioned as MBR (Master Boot Record) or GPT (GUID)?

What version of Chameleon 2.0 do you have installed?

Ensure that OS X partition is active.......check using

diskutil list

in Terminal.....see here.....

If you are using Chameleon 2.0RC4, try PC_EFI v10.6, or try Chameleon 2.0 Pre-RC5

Alternatively, try AsereBLN v1.19, or AnVAL Loader.........

Okay I have GUID partioned, but i didnt really figured out how to check with diskutil list, what will appear when active? Nevertheless I just followed the steps, so it should be active now. I changed Bootloader, but didnt tried AsereBLN v1.19. I recreated EasyBCD file, EFI And MBR--> nothing works

everytime boot chaining error, or booting from usb stick

is AsereBLN v1.19 the last attempt?

Go to Applications >>> Utilities >>> Console........double-click on Console, then look in the following sections:

DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION >>> System Diagnostic Reports and User Diagnostic Reports

FILES >>> kernel.log

just to keep you updated. Ive had no KP using Maxmem=3072 and cups=1 the past few days so im now just booting in cpus=1 to see it gets a KP.

after looking in:

i have no Kernel.log

they were empty

but im new to mac so not sure what im looking for, im guessing a bunch of scripts of some sort.

though under, System Diagnostic Reports and User Diagnostic Reports it has some logs so ill look in there after a KP and post asap.

thanks verdant, sorry for my lack of understanding <_<

Okay I have GUID partioned, but i didnt really figured out how to check with diskutil list, what will appear when active? Nevertheless I just followed the steps, so it should be active now. I changed Bootloader, but didnt tried AsereBLN v1.19. I recreated EasyBCD file, EFI And MBR--> nothing works

everytime boot chaining error, or booting from usb stick

is AsereBLN v1.19 the last attempt?

Can you boot the OS X HDD directly from the BIOS Boot Menu (accessed by pressing F8 or F12 when you see "Press Del to enter BIOS setup")?

Active i.e. bootable partitions will be starred with "*" against the partition scheme, i.e. either GUID_partition_scheme, or FDisk_partition_scheme.........

Try putting the Chameleon 'boot' file in the /NST folder in Windows and in EasyBCD, set up an entry using NeoGrub to chainload the Chameleon 'boot' file in /NST.........so that you will into OS X GPT partition in the following sequence:

Windows HDD MBR >>> EasyBCD >>> NeoGrub >>> Chameleon bootloader (via its 'boot' file in /NST) >>> OS X Snow Leopard.........

Verdant, your my god :) i have some new questions:

I've 10.6.3 (didn't upgrade to 10.6.4, maybe wait for 10.6.5 or upgrade when i got the time)

question 1:

I've the same mobo and overclockt to 3ghz (you helped me with the settings)

when i boot my pc most of the time i have to reset my pc because it hangs by applehda, or other load procedures (i use -v). after a reset i get a black screen and i have to reset again. then everything works perfect. sometimes the pc will boot directly.

very strange, what do you think? i have a 80 gb SSD as bootdrive. and a 1 tb harddisk for data for both windows as sl

question 2:

I have a z5500 logitech dolby surround set. which has optical in and 3 cables directly in (green, black, orange). when i look at the midi box setup, i can get only 2 channel output. is it possible to get more? and maybe a SupremeFX Audio Card app or something? or do i have to change somewhere?

question 3:

i've got a 8800 GT videocard and i'm working with 2 monitors, 2x 24 inch. works perfectly @ 1920- 1200

In about a few week i can (probably) get a 30 inch monitor (samsung). So i need a second 8800GT card for the monitor.

Is it possible to get dual dvi from the second videocard? so that i can work with triple monitor setup?

thanks in advanced!

Verdant, your my god ;) i have some new questions:

I've 10.6.3 (didn't upgrade to 10.6.4, maybe wait for 10.6.5 or upgrade when i got the time)

question 1:

I've the same mobo and overclockt to 3ghz (you helped me with the settings)

when i boot my pc most of the time i have to reset my pc because it hangs by applehda, or other load procedures (i use -v). after a reset i get a black screen and i have to reset again. then everything works perfect. sometimes the pc will boot directly.

very strange, what do you think? i have a 80 gb SSD as bootdrive. and a 1 tb harddisk for data for both windows as sl

question 2:

I have a z5500 logitech dolby surround set. which has optical in and 3 cables directly in (green, black, orange). when i look at the midi box setup, i can get only 2 channel output. is it possible to get more? and maybe a SupremeFX Audio Card app or something? or do i have to change somewhere?

question 3:

i've got a 8800 GT videocard and i'm working with 2 monitors, 2x 24 inch. works perfectly @ 1920- 1200

In about a few week i can (probably) get a 30 inch monitor (samsung). So i need a second 8800GT card for the monitor.

Is it possible to get dual dvi from the second videocard? so that i can work with triple monitor setup?

thanks in advanced!

It has been a while since your last post..........remind me of your sysytem again........better still put details in your signature......... :)

Hey there Mr Verdant. I'm still having the same old problem with only being about to boot with one CPU core. I noticed the other day when booting with -V i get this and was wondering if it could be a clue as to what is wrong being that some of the IDs are flipped.

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=2 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=3 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

Hey there Mr Verdant. I'm still having the same old problem with only being about to boot with one CPU core. I noticed the other day when booting with -V i get this and was wondering if it could be a clue as to what is wrong being that some of the IDs are flipped.

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=2 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=3 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

I am not sure.......it could be the order in which the cores enabled........in your DSDT.aml file, you have:

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

See what the kernel.log shows when you boot successively

with

-v cpus=1

-v cpus=2

-v cpus=3

-v cpus=4

versus doing the same by changing the number of cores enabled in BIOS and checking the number of active cores via Terminal using

sysctl hw.activecpu

I am not sure.......it could be the order in which the cores enabled........in your DSDT.aml file, you have:

See what the kernel.log shows when you boot successively

with

-v cpus=1

-v cpus=2

-v cpus=3

-v cpus=4

versus doing the same by changing the number of cores enabled in BIOS and checking the number of active cores via Terminal using

sysctl hw.activecpu

If I turn off the 3rd and 4th cores in bios I can boot fine and none of the IDs are flipped. Once I turn on the 3rd core then the IDs are flipped and I can no longer boot unless I use CPU=1. CPUS=2,3 or 4 will not boot with 3 or 4 cores turned on in the bios.

If I turn off the 3rd and 4th cores in bios I can boot fine and none of the IDs are flipped. Once I turn on the 3rd core then the IDs are flipped and I can no longer boot unless I use CPU=1. CPUS=2,3 or 4 will not boot with 3 or 4 cores turned on in the bios.

It may be worth seeing if an earlier or later BIOS than the current one you are using for your EVGA 780i MOBO from the EVGA website enables you to run all 4 cores without a problem..........for example, to overclock my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO I had to downgrade to an older Asus BIOS not even listed on the Asus website!

It may be worth seeing if an earlier or later BIOS than the current one you are using for your EVGA 780i MOBO from the EVGA website enables you to run all 4 cores without a problem..........for example, to overclock my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO I had to downgrade to an older Asus BIOS not even listed on the Asus website!

Hmmm, I was thinking of bios hacking my board into a 780i FTW edtion. What have you heard about people running Snow Leopard on an EVGA 780i FTW mobo?

Hi all

i tried to use the boot132 method(nForceSLBoot132DVD.iso) but when i insert the sl dvd after the drive read the dvd for about 10seconds, appears an error screen (the one that have a powerbutton image and gray background)

is it possible to run in verbose (-v) mode to see whats going on when i put the sl dvd after the boot132??

i got the dvd5 version of sl, but i already got the dvd9 version of sl, i just used the dvd5 because im out of dvds, and this week im gonna get one

i have hpet enabled on bios, and recently i just bought a 250gb seagate hard drive only to install snow leopard, also i disabled the other hard drives, keeping on only one so i dont have any troubles.

my pc is in the signature

thanks

EDIT: I just found how to run in verbose mode the boo132+mac dvd, and here's a shot i tooked

i tried 2times, one in verbose, and other with "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048" and same thing

p1070730.th.jpg

yesterday i got iatkos s3, following a guide for asus p5n32, and i got the same thing with these nanoseconds error, maybe its something on my pc

other strange thing is that when i got this error with boot132, my bios resets, thats wierd

thanks again

Hmmm, I was thinking of bios hacking my board into a 780i FTW edtion. What have you heard about people running Snow Leopard on an EVGA 780i FTW mobo?

Basically, if Leopard runs well on a 780i FTW (which is does AFAIK), then so will Snow Leopard............Metallica35 who has posted in the thread has a EVGA 780i SLI FTW mobo which is similar to yours in nearly all respects......and has got iPC running on it.......(see here and the two previous posts above this post).......but in BIOS, you must have set

RAID Enable [Enabled]

SATA 0 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 0 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 1 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 1 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 2 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 2 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

so that you can enable or disable the SATA functions. This because WHEN you set RAID Enable to [Disabled], all SATA functions are changed to Disabled and cannot be changed.......... :)

Hi all

i tried to use the boot132 method(nForceSLBoot132DVD.iso) but when i insert the sl dvd after the drive read the dvd for about 10seconds, appears an error screen (the one that have a powerbutton image and gray background)

is it possible to run in verbose (-v) mode to see whats going on when i put the sl dvd after the boot132??

i got the dvd5 version of sl, but i already got the dvd9 version of sl, i just used the dvd5 because im out of dvds, and this week im gonna get one

i have hpet enabled on bios, and recently i just bought a 250gb seagate hard drive only to install snow leopard, also i disabled the other hard drives, keeping on only one so i dont have any troubles.

my pc is in the signature

thanks

EDIT: I just found how to run in verbose mode the boo132+mac dvd, and here's a shot i tooked

i tried 2times, one in verbose, and other with "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048" and same thing

p1070730.th.jpg

yesterday i got iatkos s3, following a guide for asus p5n32, and i got the same thing with these nanoseconds error, maybe its something on my pc

other strange thing is that when i got this error with boot132, my bios resets, thats wierd

thanks again

1. Clarify what you mean by:

"i got the dvd5 version of sl, but i already got the dvd9 version of sl, i just used the dvd5 because im out of dvds, and this week im gonna get one"

2. As for the BIOS reset, see post #1 Part F. Section {c}

{c} Since not all nForce MOBOs have the same DSDT.aml file loaded from /Extra, the nForceSLBoot132DVD.iso DOES NOT include a DSDT.aml file and hence DOES NOT include the DSDT CMOS reset fix........

3. Confirm that you have followed all steps in post #1 Part F. Section 2. step (1) to step (13) before even booting from the nForceSLBoot132DVD..........?

4. It looks as if, for some reason, the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions/ on your target OS X Snow Leopard volume is not taking over from the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, as it should be, by being loaded into the kernel BEFORE the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext residing in /System/Library/Extensions and cached in the Extensions.mkext file in the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/directory......if you have an Extensions.mkext in /Extra/, then delete it...........

1. Clarify what you mean by:

"i got the dvd5 version of sl, but i already got the dvd9 version of sl, i just used the dvd5 because im out of dvds, and this week im gonna get one"

2. As for the BIOS reset, see post #1 Part F. Section {c}

3. Confirm that you have followed all steps in post #1 Part F. Section 2. step (1) to step (13) before even booting from the nForceSLBoot132DVD..........?

4. It looks as if, for some reason, the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions/ on your target OS X Snow Leopard volume is not taking over from the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, as it should be, by being loaded into the kernel BEFORE the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext residing in /System/Library/Extensions and cached in the Extensions.mkext file in the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/directory......if you have an Extensions.mkext in /Extra/, then delete it...........

Sorry for my english

1. I mean that im using a dvd5 retail snow leopard(single layer), don't know if there is too much difference for the dvd9(dual layer) version

2. Sorry, now i know what is DSDT, i just saw in the guide how to generate one

3. I couldn't follow those steps since the only way to use the Disk Utility is booting the snow leopard dvd, but i was thinking right now, and im gonna use iatkos s3 dvd to format the hd.

4. What?? is this on hard drive or the boot dvd?

Thanks Verdant, im gonna read the guide again

Sorry for my english

1. I mean that im using a dvd5 retail snow leopard(single layer), don't know if there is too much difference for the dvd9(dual layer) version

2. Sorry, now i know what is DSDT, where do i get a DSDT for my motherboard, is it included on Snow_Support_Files? im gonna search how to include it on boot132 dvd.

3. I couldn't follow those steps since the only way to use the Disk Utility is booting the snow leopard dvd, but i was thinking right now, and im gonna use iatkos s3 dvd to format the hd.

4. What?? is this on hard drive or the boot dvd?

Thanks Verdant, im gonna read the guide again

No problem about the English....... :D

1. My guide was based on the 'real' Apple Retail OS X Snow leopard Install DVD, so cannot comment on single layer versus dual layer images on DVD........

2. The best way is to set up Leopard on your PC first and use it to generate and fix your DSDT.aml file as explained in post #1 Part B..........

3. That is why it useful to have OS X Leopard installed already so that you can do steps (1) to (13)......

4. On your target OS X Snow Leopard volume that the OS X Install DVD is try to install to.......my nForceSLBoot132DVD.iso includes NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions/........but unless you set up NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions/ on your target OS X Snow Leopard volume beforehand, the OS X Install DVD will load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext instead.......

So I flashed my board with the FTW bios and it hasn't seemed to change anything Macwise. Do I need to build a new DSDT file?

Basically, if Leopard runs well on a 780i FTW (which is does AFAIK), then so will Snow Leopard............Metallica35 who has posted in the thread has a EVGA 780i SLI FTW mobo which is similar to yours in nearly all respects......and has got iPC running on it.......(see here and the two previous posts above this post).......but in BIOS, you must have set

RAID Enable [Enabled]

SATA 0 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 0 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 1 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 1 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 2 Primary RAID [Disabled]

SATA 2 Secondary RAID [Disabled]

so that you can enable or disable the SATA functions. This because WHEN you set RAID Enable to [Disabled], all SATA functions are changed to Disabled and cannot be changed.......... :thumbsup_anim:

So I flashed my board with the FTW bios and it hasn't seemed to change anything Macwise. Do I need to build a new DSDT file?

Yes........... :)

Can you boot the OS X HDD directly from the BIOS Boot Menu (accessed by pressing F8 or F12 when you see "Press Del to enter BIOS setup")?

Active i.e. bootable partitions will be starred with "*" against the partition scheme, i.e. either GUID_partition_scheme, or FDisk_partition_scheme.........

Try putting the Chameleon 'boot' file in the /NST folder in Windows and in EasyBCD, set up an entry using NeoGrub to chainload the Chameleon 'boot' file in /NST.........so that you will into OS X GPT partition in the following sequence:

Windows HDD MBR >>> EasyBCD >>> NeoGrub >>> Chameleon bootloader (via its 'boot' file in /NST) >>> OS X Snow Leopard.........

Yes I can boot via F8 or BIOS Settings, no problem. Yes it already was set to active....has this something to do with the order of the os installings? for example first install windows, than MAC or vice versa?

I feel a bit ashamed but i am to stupid to handle this with neoGrub. I installed it, but what i have to write inside this text document??? Is it right Boot file to /NST on Windows HDD?? Isnt then chameleon booting to Windows automaticly? I mean this is what is already possible with normal MAC entry, but i dont want to deselect my External HDD first and then select MAC....

Another question: I tried to make a backup of my USB-MAc-Bootstick, but when I try this with MAC Tool I cant to it, because I have no rights....(Snow Leopard and Leopard)

Sry for being quite so long time, reallife sucks sometimes :mellow:

Starbuxx