[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

have you tried using OrangeIconFix.kext in your E/E folder? it should be in Support File v 1.0/part4/3/kexts/for 10.6.0

Thanks for your help, that did work

If by full you mean my original unmodified DSDT then this is it: DSDT_r1_GBT_GBTUACPI_1000_MSFT_100000C.dsl.zip

You should run diff on both unmodified DSDT files, then you know what parts of my modified DSDT have to be changed for UD3L

That's ok if you don't have some device that checks USB port's power capabilities, but it won't do any harm if you use that new patch anyway.

Thanks MM67, but can't i use your dsml directly with my UD3l ?

Try this. Boot with USB audio disconnected, put system to sleep, wake up and connect USB audio card. Does it work then ?

Done. :P

@ menikmati

Can you try this one.

GA_EP45_DS3L_DSDT_with_Power_Fix___v3.zip

Thanks for the help blackosx and mm67. Before using the new DSDT, I tried mm67's advice but whenever I put my system to sleep and attempt to wake it up, my CPU fan whirrs to maximum speed for a second then it dies down and repeats this process (it sounds like it's booting up and turning off) until I remove the power plug from the back of the computer and let it sit for 30 seconds without power.

I then installed the DSDT above and plugging in my sound card still has the same result of "Current Required (mA): Unknown."

Thanks for your help, that did work

Thanks MM67, but can't i use your dsml directly with my UD3l ?

I wouldn't do that without checking for differences in original DSDT files.

My UD3L is using a very basic DSDT, VERY basic, without speed step, is just a basic one, do you have something special in your dsdt ?, i mean some kind of special hardware.

No, there is no special hardware in the DSDT that I posted to this thread but if you look closer at UD3 and UD3L specs then you see that there is some differences already at basic level.

Had to make one more change to method INI, without this one bit wouldn't get set on my board. You can check if you need this by running sudo setpci -s 0:1a.7 0x52.w right after boot. If result is already C9C2 then you don't need this change, on my board result is C8C2 which means that bit 8 doesn't get set.
Okay. Thanks for double checking.

I will test it when I get back on my hack this evening and post a revised DSDT if it's needed.

To confirm with DSDT v3 running sudo setpci -s 0:1a.7 0x52.w after boot returned C802.

Using mm67's revised _INI method and running the same command after boot returned C9C2.

Here's the DSDT with the revised _INI patch.

GA_EP45_DS3L_DSDT_with_Power_Fix___v4.zip

Thanks again mm67.

Hi Blackosx, after reading the 4 pdf, and implementing it, i have correct icons now for my hard disks, everything look cool, my firewire card now looks good on the system profiler and can recognize a hard disk when i plug it, BUT it doesn't show in finder and after some time my computer hangs, really no the hack just the USB ports, is there something wrong with the dsml with firewire enabled?

Well done. When you say your Firewire hard drive doesn't show in the Finder, do you mean it just doesn't show on the Desktop? Can you see the drive in the sidebar in a Finder window?

When do the USB ports hang? can you describe it better.. what exactly are you plugging in and is it the same for all USB ports?

BTW Blackosx, im using you latests DSML, " GA_EP45_DS3L_DSDT_with_Power_Fix___v3.zip " modified with my cpu details as recommended by mm6.

Great :P

I followed your recomendations and implemented the smbios.plist with the correct speed of my procesor and FSB, i put this:

<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string>333</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>mac</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>2833</string>

note the SMexternalcock its supposed to be the FSB so iput there the FSB of my q9550, i am ok with that? BTW my system now says 2.83 ghz, so this is the solution for the 2.67 ghz in about this mac.

Yes, that is correct. See page 5 of my PDF guide 'Part 4 - Configure for GA-EP45-DS3L v1.01'

MM67 please can you post your full dsml , i have a GA-EP45UD3L with another Q9550 and will love to use your DSML if its possible.

For reference, Jamonda has a GA-EP45-UD3L and has gone the process of comparing his original Gigabyte DSDT against mm67's.

You can read here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1355799

then here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1356123

and then read down from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1356472

Jamonda concluded that the GA-EP45-UD3L has an identical DSDT to the GA-EP45-DS3L. So although you shouldn't use mm67's DSDT directly, you can use the modified version of it that I post here.

My UD3L is using a very basic DSDT, VERY basic, without speed step, is just a basic one, do you have something special in your dsdt ?, i mean some kind of special hardware.

Don't worry if your DSDT doesn't include stepping data yet. Take your time to read and understand everything. Your machine will work just fine without it for now using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext & SleepEnabler.kext.

Hi, Blackosx.

1. Yes, I can confirm that your DSDT is 100% compatible with EP45-UD3L.

2. I've been reading the last posts and I can say I've also had problems with USB power.

When I connect my iPhone 3GS to the rear USB ports it can be charged and iTunes detects it.

However, when connected to the front USB ports iTunes can't detect it, nor the phone can be charged.

I'm using your last DSDT but the problem persists. It's attached to this post (power fix v4 with my CPU settings).

Any help?

dsdt.dsl.zip

To confirm with DSDT v3 running sudo setpci -s 0:1a.7 0x52.w after boot returned C802.

Using mm67's revised _INI method and running the same command after boot returned C9C2.

Here's the DSDT with the revised _INI patch.

GA_EP45_DS3L_DSDT_with_Power_Fix___v4.zip

Thanks again mm67.

Well done. When you say your Firewire hard drive doesn't show in the Finder, do you mean it just doesn't show on the Desktop? Can you see the drive in the sidebar in a Finder window?

When do the USB ports hang? can you describe it better.. what exactly are you plugging in and is it the same for all USB ports?

Don't worry if your DSDT doesn't include stepping data yet. Take your time to read and understand everything. Your machine will work just fine without it for now using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext & SleepEnabler.kext.

Great!

So i will use my own DSDT (from my DS3L) in the UD3L, perfect, because is the same CPU.

Ok the firewire device wich i plug is an external HD, and after a few seconds everything hangs but the computer still ping back from the network, so its not hanged up, just look like the usbs are out of work..., if i unplug the mouse and plug it back, it doesn't receive power. (the lights don't start up again)

Respect to the V4, i tested my computer with V3 and it gives back C9C2

Thanks for your great help guys

I look forward to hearing how you get on. Thanks

Hi,

A suggestion on your new installed guides files.

Include a change log at end of revised pdf.

I noticed that there is already a revision to "Part 4 - Configure for GA-EP45-DS3L-V1.01 Revised"

It will be great to include a change log at the end to avoid having to compare the 2 pdfs to find the changes.

TQ & have a nice day

Hi, Blackosx.

1. Yes, I can confirm that your DSDT is 100% compatible with EP45-UD3L.

2. I've been reading the last posts and I can say I've also had problems with USB power.

When I connect my iPhone 3GS to the rear USB ports it can be charged and iTunes detects it.

However, when connected to the front USB ports iTunes can't detect it, nor the phone can be charged.

I'm using your last DSDT but the problem persists. It's attached to this post (power fix v4 with my CPU settings).

Any help?

Hi jamonda

i have just plugged my iPhone 3G (not the 3GS) in to the front USB ports on my machine and iTunes detects the iPhone and it charges fine. You are using the same DSDT as me so it can't be that, can it?

Have you used the front USB ports before for anything else?

Great!

So i will use my own DSDT (from my DS3L) in the UD3L, perfect, because is the same CPU.

Ok the firewire device wich i plug is an external HD, and after a few seconds everything hangs but the computer still ping back from the network, so its not hanged up, just look like the usbs are out of work..., if i unplug the mouse and plug it back, it doesn't receive power. (the lights don't start up again)

Thanks for your great help guys

That may be an irq problem, have you tried all usb ports. Also moving that firewire board to a different slot may help.

Great!

Can you confirm this doesn't happen with the Firewire card removed?

Also back here you said you have the Firewire card working fine in 10.6.1 with your previous DSDT. If you use your previous DSDT now with 10.6.2, does the problem persist?

Are you saying that running the 'setpci' command with v4 of the DSDT (with mm67's revised patch) returns C9C2 or do you mean v3 of the DSDT returns C9C2 and you don't need v4?

[Hi,

A suggestion on your new installed guides files.

Include a change log at end of revised pdf.

I noticed that there is already a revision to "Part 4 - Configure for GA-EP45-DS3L-V1.01 Revised"

It will be great to include a change log at the end to avoid having to compare the 2 pdfs to find the changes.

TQ & have a nice day

Thanks for the feedback helob. I will do that :)

Thanks for your guide, however some people don't already have a specific partition for chameleon (like me) and I don't know where to put it as a result of that.

This guide is written with the purpose of doing a fresh install on to a spare HDD so the creation of a separate partition for Chameleon is straight forward. I have written in 'Part 1' of the guide, in the Setup Overview section

Chameleon can also be installed on the system partition or on the EFI partition which gets automatically created when you partition using a GUID partition table.

If you want to vary this install then feel free. When you install Chameleon you will just need to change the target drive to either the EFI or the SnowLeopard volume. Your choice.

Can you confirm this doesn't happen with the Firewire card removed?

Also you said you have the Firewire card working fine in 10.6.1 with your previous DSDT. If you use your previous DSDT now with 10.6.2, does the problem persist?

Are you saying that running the 'setpci' command with v4 of the DSDT (with mm67's revised patch) returns C9C2 or do you mean v3 of the DSDT returns C9C2 and you don't need v4?

Thanks for the follow up, first i will try MM67, idea of changing the firewire card to another pcie slot, and answering your questions Blackosx, this firewire card worked great with 10.5.8, i have been using your dsdt since the start of 10.6 and the firewire card never worked in snow correctly.

i mean v3 of the DSDT returns C9C2.

Thanks!

Thanks for the follow up, first i will try MM67, idea of changing the firewire card to another pcie slot, and answering your questions Blackosx, this firewire card worked great with 10.5.8, i have been using your dsdt since the start of 10.6 and the firewire card never worked in snow correctly.

Thanks!

See how you get on swapping the card in to a different PCIe slot.

It's interesting that the Firewire card has never worked in Snow Leopard. Did you use a DSDT is 10.5.8?

Hi thiago.. 10.6.3? am I missing something?

Hi nick, Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Beta Build 10D522) delta update available since Jan-10 for ADC Members..

I´m trying to patch new AppleHDA version to make an new LegacyHDA.kext

Regards.

Seed notes:

Mac OS X 10.6.3 build 10D522 Seed Note

Mac OS  X Update 10.6.3 is an update to Mac OS X 10.6.

Installation  Instructions

The Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update (Delta) updates Mac OS X  10.6.2 base systems.

Please be aware that you will not be able to  revert back to your previous system after updating. Please install this  update on a system you are prepared to erase if necessary.

As  this is a pre-release build, it is not advisable to use this software on  a production system with information on it that you depend on for your  business.

Known Issues

- Applications may not be updated  if they had been moved from the default location.
 - Displays  Preferences may show duplicate profile entries.
 - iTunes may hang  when playing a web stream.
 - The ColorSync Utility Filters tab may  cause unexpected results.

Focus Areas (Changes in 10D522):

Account  Preferences 
 - Fixes an Accounts Preferences issue when there is  more than one account.

Address Book
 - Fixes an issue with  Review Duplicates when updating cards.
 - Resolves importing issues  with vCards.
 - Resolves an issue when resizing cards. 
 - Resolves  finding people with birthdays via an automator action.

Address  Book Framework
 - Resolves crashes in Mail when using the Address Book  Framework.
 - Resolves a Mail issue where the wrong name is  displayed.

AppKit
 - Resolves a copy and paste issue. 
 -  Resolves an NSFileWrapper issue. 
 - Fixes some AppKit crashes.
 -  Resolves an autocorrect spelling issue.
 - Improvements to  spellchecking. 
 - Resolves some graphics corruption issues when  converting a PICT to a TIFF.

AppleWWANSupport
 - Resolves some  crashes in WWANd.
 - Resolves some issues when establishing  connections with a WWAN device.

AppleScript
 - Resolves a crash  in AppleScript when running in 32-bit mode.
 - Resolves an issue with  BBEdit recording of scripts.

Apple Software Restore
 -  Resolves an Apple Software Restore crash.

ATS
 - Resolves Font  issues after log-out or reboot.

CarbonCore
 - Resolves an issue  with applications with # or & symbols in its filename.
 -  Resolves coreservicesd crashes. 
 - Resolves TextEdit permissions  issues.
 - Performance improvements with save panels.

CFNetwork
 -  Addresses compatibility issues with Wiki Server. 
 - Resolves crashes  related to canceling a request in progress.
 - Cookie fixes to broken  websites.
 - Resolves Exchange account authentication issues.

ColorSync
 -  Resolves a crash when a PDF document uses DeviceRGB.
 - Resolves an  issue where Displays Pref with Color selected unexpectedly crashes.

configd
 -  Improvements to USB Ethernet adaptor behavior.

CoreAudio
 -  Resolves issues with AudioUnit metering.
 - Resolves some CoreAudio  crashes when opening AUNetSend in 64-bit mode.
 - Resolves some  crashes in SpectralBandReplication when playing HTTP live stream.

CoreData
 -  Resolves CoreData model-store mismatch issues.
 - Resolves crashes in  GarageBand.
 - Fixes an issue in MPEG surround handler. 

Core  Foundation
 - Resolves some Photo Booth, iChat, and Safari crashes. 

CoreMedia
 -  Resolves issues with audio streaming. 
 - Resolves a number of  crashes in CoreMedia.
 - Resolves some playability issues of movies in  Safari.
 - Addresses compatibility issues with MTS formatted files.
 -  Addresses compatibility issues with MPEG4 files with AC3 tracks.
 -  Resolve export issues to .m4v movies.
 - Resolve screen recording  issues.
 - Fix subtitle rendering issues with figplayL.
 - Fixes an  H264 decoder issue with video_range bit.
 - Resolves an iMove image  through built-in iSight stuttering/tearing issue. 
 - Improvements to  CoreMedioIO graph topology.
 - Resolves some display resolution and  screen recording issues.

CorePDF
 - Performance improvements  when opening large PDF files in Preview.

CoreText
 - Resolves  some crashes with iMovie in CoreText.
 - Resolves some crashes with  PhotoBooth in CoreText. 
 - Addresses issues with variation font  support. 

CoreServices, CFNetwork
 - Resolves a crash in  CoreServicesUIAgent.
 - Resolves a Safari issue with SSL certificates.

CoreVideo
 -  Resolves a crash when creating pixel buffers simultaneously.
 -  Resolves some crashes in CVPixelBuffer. 

CUPS
 - Resolves some  cupsd crashes.
 - Fixes an issue with the "Resume" button when  printing.
 - Resolves some supply levels crashes.
 - Resolves some  side-channel request issues.

Date & Time Pref
 - Resolves  an issue with clock ticking after daylight savings.
 DataDetectors
 -  Resolves some crashes in DataDetectors.

Desktop Services
 -  Resolves hangs with NSOpenPanel in Desktop Services.
 - Resolves a  Flash CS4 hang when clicking the "browse" button.
 - Resolves some  hangs and crashes in Finder and Folder Actions Setup.
 - Resolves home  folder issues in the Go To window of the open/save panel.
 - Resolves  last opened folder issues.
 - Resolves Spotlight query issues.
 -  Resolves Time Machine search issues.
 - Resolves a copy file issue  with error -36.
 - Resolves an error -47 issue when user is doing a  move replace of a bundle.
 - Resolves UI layout issues for language  specific settings.

Dictionary Application
 - Resolves some  crashes when using Dictionary.
 - Resolves some Dictionary Panel  issues. 

Directory Service
 - Resolves deadlock issues.

Disk  Management
 - Resolves some diskutil errors.
 - Resolve diskutil  unmount issues.

Disk Utility
 - Resolves restoring disk image  issue with checksum.
 - Resolves a crash in Disk Utility with a  missing external drive.

Dock
 - Resolves momentum scrolling  issues.
 - Resolves some dock crashes.
 - Resolves some Exposé  notification issues. 

eap8021x
 - Resolves an auto-join issue  with EAP-FAST/WPA2 network after sleeping.

FamilyControls
 -  Resolves a launch restriction issue.
 - Resolves a Safari bookmark  issue.

FileSync
 - Fixes a number of crashes for Portable Home  Directory users.
 - Fixes an issue with Portable Home Directory on  NetApp SMB.
 - Fixes a performance issue with NFS logins.
 -  Resolves a SystemUIServer performance issue.
 - Resolves a  FileSyncAgent performance issue.

File Systems
 - Fixes a  corruption issue with m4a files.

Fonts, FontParser, PSFontSupport
 -  Resolves some crashes in FontParser.
 - Fixes some font spacing  issues.
 - Improvements to embedded fonts and accented characters.
 -  Improvements to Traditional Chinese characters.
 - Resolves some  crashes in FontParser, PSFontSupport.

Foundation
 - Resolves an  issue with NSFileHandle.

GraphicsDrivers
 - Resolves a panic  in GraphicsDrivers.

HIServices
 - Resolves crashes in  HIServices.
 - Improvements to GetIconFamilyData when accessing large  icons.
 - Resolves drag and drop issues.

HIToolbox
 - Fixes  an issue with horizontal slider thumb drawing.
 - Resolves some  crashes in HIToolbox.
 - Resolves some incorrect blank menus issues.
 -  Resolves cocoa palette issues.
 - Resolves issues with Dock Exposé. 
 -  Resolves an issue with drag & drop between MLTE controls.
 -  Fixes candidate window issues.

iCal
 - Resolves meeting  location issues. 
 - Fixes to iCalServer issues. 
 - Improvements to  performance on servers. 
 - Resolves meeting mismatch issues.
 -  Improvements to attendee availability issues.
 - Resolves some iCal  syncing issues.
 - Fixes iCal changing timezone issues.
 - Resolves  an issue with saving events to Exchange calendars.
 - Resolves some  iCal crashes. 

ImageCapture
 - Resolves  issues reading LX3  .rw2 as raw.

ImageIO
 - Fixes a DVD Studio Pro crash in  libJPEG.dylib

Inkwell
 - Improvements to Inkwell. 

IOATAFamily
 -  Resolves some panics with ATA kexts.

IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport
 -  Resolves mounting issues with FireWire DVD drives.

IOSCSIArchitechtureModeFamily
 -  Resolves crashes while accessing files on Xsan volumes.

Kernel
 -  Resolves kernel panics due to locked buffers.

launchd
 -  Resolves some crashes in launchd.
 - Resolves a race condition that  causes the Dock to appear unresponsive.

LaunchServices
 -  Improvements to CompositeIconRef.

Libc
 - Resolves an xlocale  crash in multithreaded applications.

llvm
 - Resolves  segmentation faults. 
 - Resolves some compiler crashes.
 -  Improvements for OpenCL and OpenGL. 

LoginWindow
 - Performance  improvements with loginwindow.

Mail
 - Resolves some crashes  in Mail. 
 - Improvements to Exchange Web Services. 
 - Performance  improvements to Mail, when deleting and adding To Dos. 
 - Resolves  junk folder filtering issues.
 - Resolves an issue when renaming a  mailbox resorts it alphabetically.
 - Improvements to Mail Notes.

mDNSResponder
 -  Improvements to mDNSResponder.
 - Resolves a buffer overflow issue.
 -  Resolves a deadlock hang issue. 
 - Resolves some DNS issues. 
 -  Resolves sleep/wake issues.

MediaKit
 - Fixes a crash in  MediaKit.
 - Fixes a corruption issue when resizing partitions.
 -  Allow asr to resolve images with highly fragmented catalogs.

MeshKit
 -  MeshKit framework improvements.

Migration
 - Resolves Cisco  VPN Client issues.

MobileMe, MobileMe Sync Manager
 - Resolves  some issues with MobleMe syncing. 
 - Resolves excessive memory  consumption.
 - Resolves ISyncSessionCancelled Mingler failures.
 -  Performance improvements to MobileMe syncing.

NavigationServices
 -  Resolves a crash in Navigation dialog.

Networking
 - Resolves  some panics in networking.
 - Resolves some Back to My Mac wake from  sleep issues.
 - Resolves some PPP crashes.

OpenCL
 -  Resolves some OpenCL compiler issues.
 - Resolves some OpenCL  conversion issues.
 - Fixes some OpenCL crashes.
 - Resolves some   OpenCL Framework issues.

PDFKit
 - Resolves hyperlinked text  issues in Preview. 

Photo Booth
 - Resolves some issues when  copying photos from Photo Booth.
 - Resolves a Photo Booth crash.

Power  Management
 - Resolves some sleep/wake issues.

Printing
 -  Fixes a timestamp issue with supply levels in the Print window.
 -  Resolves some printing setup issues with print/fax devices.
 -  Improvements to printing memory of last printer used.
 - Fixes some  crashes in Printing. 

python
 - Resolves a crash in python.

QuartzComposer
 -  Resolves a crash in Mesh Filter.
 - Resolves a performance issue in  Quartz Composer.

QuickDraw
 - Performance improvements when  drawing short strings.

QuickTime Player
 - Resolves some  QuickTime Player crashes.
 - Resolves screen recording issues.
 -  Resolves an HDCP movie audio issue.
 - Resolves a filename issue.
 -  Fixes an issue when opening .mov files in either QuickTime Player 7 or  Quicktime Player X.
 - Improvements to QuickTime Player movie actions.
 -  Resolves issues with AAC streams in the movie inspector window.
 -  Resolves an issue with subtitles when movie layers are flipped.
 -  Implemented some performance improvements to QuickTime.
 - Resolves  some issues when importing Pro Res movies into iMovie.
 - Resolves  issues with optimizing videos.
 - Resolves some QuickTime crashes. 

RemotePrefs
 -  Fixes an issue with 802.1X System Profile export.

Rosetta
 -  Resolves a crash in Rosetta.
 - Fixes a memory corruption in Rosetta.

ScreenSaverModules
 -  Resolves some crashes in Screen Saver.
 - Resolves some issues when  using iPhoto images with Screen Saver.

Screen Sharing
 -  Resolves some screen sharing crashes.
 - Fixes a screen sharing issue  in View when the display is detached during an active session.

SecureTransport
 -  Resolves some thread safety issues so that SSL clients can function  more reliably. 

ScriptDevTools
 - Resolves a crash in Scripting  Bridge.

Simplified Chinese Input Method
 - Improves frequency  order of dictionary contents.

SMB
 - Resolves an issue with  saving files via SMB.
 - Resolves a filename case issue.
 - Resolves  clear text password issue. 
 - Resolves a hang when deleting SMB  folders.

SoftwareUpdate
 - Resolves crashes in Software Update.

Spell  Checker
 - Improvements to automatic spell correction.

Spotlight
 -  Fixes some crashes in Spotlight.
 - Performance improvements with  Spotlight.

Sync Services Engine
 - Resolves crashes in Sync  Services.
 - Resolves MobileMe contact merge issue.
 - Improvements  to iCal and MobileMe syncing.

system_cmds
 - Resolves a login  crash.

SystemUIServer
 - Resolves unmount issues at sleep.
 -  Resolves SystemUIServer crashes. 

SystemMigration
 - Resolves a  panic in System Migration.

TCIM
 - Update to the latest  versions for Chinese Word Dictionary.

tcsh
 - Resolves a  SIG_TERM issue.

Terminal
 - Resolves a printing issue with  Terminal.

TextEdit 
 - Resolves a crash when using  NSAttrString.

TimeZoneData
 - Update time zone data.

Traditional  Chinese Input Method
 - Fixes space issues with Traditional Chinese  Input Method.

Voice Over
 - Improvements to VoiceOver. 

XType
 -  Resolves an issue when activating fonts.
 - Resolves an issue when  duplicate fonts exist on a system.

xnu
 - Resolves some issues  with writing data to an external USB drive formatted in FAT32. 
 -  Resolves some NFS hangs when new applications attempt to launch.
 -  Resolves some kernel panics.

Bug Reporting 
 This build is  being provided to you for testing and development purposes. Should you  encounter any problems, please submit a bug report using the online Bug  Reporter at <http://bugreporter.apple.com/>. Please make sure to  include "10.6.3 (10D522)" in the bug title and description. This  information will ensure that your bug is processed quickly.

When  submitting a bug report, please make sure to include a Summary, Steps to  Reproduce, Actual Results, Expected Results, the System Profile Report,  and any other relevant information that is necessary to process the  report.

IMPORTANT: Engineering requires additional information  for crashing bugs, kernel panics, and hanging issues.

Crashing  Bugs: Crash logs are required for crashing bugs. Crash logs can be  located in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

Kernel Panics:  Backtraces, which contain vital information for investigating kernel  panics, are required for kernel panic issues. Backtraces can be saved to  nvram on restart shutdown, then copied to the panic.log file on  restart. The panic.log file can be found in /Library/Logs/PanicReporter.

Hanging Issues: When an application is hung, a Sample should be  provided. This can be done using the Activity Monitor  (/Applications/Utilities/). To generate a Sample using this utility,  click on the hung application name, then from the View Menu select  "Sample Process".

Hi nick, Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Beta Build 10D522) delta update available since Jan-10 for ADC Members..

I´m trying to patch new AppleHDA version to make an new LegacyHDA.kext

Regards.

Blimey, is there anything Apple haven't touched? ;)

Thanks for sharing..

Did you have any issues updating?

And does sound no longer work, hence why you are tying to patch a new AppleHDA?

I had the jumping cursor while QT or iTunes was running (of course Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2 wireless) and searched for a solution. The latest blackosx file SleepEnabler.kext didn't have the AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler fix. So I downloaded this 10.6.2 SleepEnabler kext with iTunes lag fix and just updated:

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.0</string>

To:

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.1</string>

Seems to be working great!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Hi Johnny, I am a choppy graphics suffering 8800GT user and a few similar uses have suggested your solution (and the post you quoted). Unfortunately it didn't work for me (I used the 'with itunes lag fix' option kext in your link)..

I use the tsueg SL install method, and am currently running 10.6.1 (could this be the issue?) and get the crash message as per the attachment. My E/E dir looks like:

LegacyHDA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

I have tried that many solutions I figure I have nothing to lose by being cheeky and asking in another guides thread! Any ideas would be appreciated. I am hesitant on upgrading to 10.6.2 yet because I lose my wireless atheros5212 support.

post-135101-1263622856_thumb.jpg

Blimey, is there anything Apple haven't touched? :)

Thanks for sharing..

Did you have any issues updating?

And does sound no longer work, hence why you are tying to patch a new AppleHDA?

The updates went fine..Sound icon appears because its actived through DSDT, but i think that our actual 'LegacyHDA.kext' may be updated with new AppleHDA.kext version..

I´m talking to tmongkol to help us to update our LegacyHDA with 10.6.3 AppleHDA...

Regards.

Thiago.

The updates went fine..Sound icon appears because its actived through DSDT, but i think that our actual 'LegacyHDA.kext' may be updated with new AppleHDA.kext version..

I´m talking to tmongkol to help us to update our LegacyHDA with 10.6.3 AppleHDA...

Regards.

Thiago.

Thanks for the confirmation and brilliant to hear you are talking with tmongkol to help get ready for the audio issue.

Fantastic job :)

Thanks for the confirmation and brilliant to hear you are talking with tmongkol to help get ready for the audio issue.

Fantastic job :)

Thanks mate!

Now we got sound working by patching 10.6.3 AppleHDA binary and using our old 'LegacHDA.kext'..

But we are thinking about get it working without modify AppleHDA binary on /S/L/E. :)

Regards.

Thiago