Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

ATI Radeon 7500 :: same as rogabean, mactogo:

Callisto: omni's ATI Driver&FrameBuffer, build 001, 30-Apr-06

Callisto: MMIO range@0x18 (c0100000) mapped to kernel virtual address 0x20425000

Callisto: Found 32768k of DDR 64 bits wide videoram

Callisto: VRAM range@0x10 (e0000000:02000000)

Callisto: Non-DDC laptop panel detected

Callisto: Found Monitor: LCD

Callisto: Guessing panel info...

Callisto: Detected panel size from registers: 8x1

Callisto: done with ATI Radeon LW

Seems to detect it fine, but it does not work. I also tried with AppleI386AGP instead of IOPCIDevice ... the same...

i) boot using -v : never get a login window

ii) boot graphical: I get a white bar instead of mouse and then some tearing over the gray boot apple.

:)

Just thought I would add that I have an ATI X800XL installed the drivers... despite what the FAQ said about no support and it seemed to work fine... only problem when I change the res the screen goes black and I need to reboot.

Again just thought I would add that incase another person with an XXXX card wanted to try.

ATI Radeon 7500 :: same as rogabean, mactogo:

Callisto: omni's ATI Driver&FrameBuffer, build 001, 30-Apr-06

Callisto: MMIO range@0x18 (c0100000) mapped to kernel virtual address 0x20425000

Callisto: Found 32768k of DDR 64 bits wide videoram

Callisto: VRAM range@0x10 (e0000000:02000000)

Callisto: Non-DDC laptop panel detected

Callisto: Found Monitor: LCD

Callisto: Guessing panel info...

Callisto: Detected panel size from registers: 8x1

Callisto: done with ATI Radeon LW

Seems to detect it fine, but it does not work. I also tried with AppleI386AGP instead of IOPCIDevice ... the same...

i) boot using -v : never get a login window

ii) boot graphical: I get a white bar instead of mouse and then some tearing over the gray boot apple.

:)

same here. seems like radeon 7500 isn't supported at the moment.

BTW, i had something like that when i tried to run both ATIRadeon.kext as AGP.

it seems like that while OSX identifies my AGP bridge it cant load up the radeon.kext properly and if i try to load it i get the same symptomes as above.

my system is T42, OSX 4.5. radeon 7500 mobile pentium m 735 (1.7Ghz no PAE, SSE2)

For me everything will load up just fine, but when I try to change resolution or refresh rate I get either "out of range" or a blank screen. So close to working. I'd like to thank omni for allowing us to try this! :) I have an x600 SE. ID 5B62. The monitor is a CRT KDS XF-70 if that is of use to anyone.

Just thought I would add that I have an ATI X800XL installed the drivers... despite what the FAQ said about no support and it seemed to work fine... only problem when I change the res the screen goes black and I need to reboot.

Again just thought I would add that incase another person with an XXXX card wanted to try.

Are you using AGP or PCIe card?

okay ive tested switching back to 10.4.5 kext and frameworks same prob:

monitor still detected falsely as CRT

and works 1/5 time

either i get a white screen or a messed screen in 2 parts either it works fine lol

so close too bad :)

Exact same as me mactogo. No difference. I've tried with and without theATRadeon.kext and with different versions. All results in the same result.

The driver is detecting card ok it seems, it's just not loading fully from what I can tell. Perhaps omni can shed some light on it later for us.

okay ive tested switching back to 10.4.5 kext and frameworks same prob:

monitor still detected falsely as CRT

and works 1/5 time

either i get a white screen or a messed screen in 2 parts either it works fine lol

so close too bad :)

I am using a CRT for 1600*1200@85, and get the same result.

At least, it does work!!!!

Thank you omni!! :D

maybe JAS can help us....as he said his driver was working flawlessly in 1280*1024@75 Hz...and in the opposite on omni's site u can see omni can only be in 1600*1200*32 bits and cant change resolution with his latest release...so maybe this can works better with omni's first release who knows? until JAS tell us and share his driver

So no one is having the driver working fine after every reboot? right?

So far, no luck for the Mobility x300, but I've been thinking about doing a fresh install of OSX, so I'll try again later this evening.

Thanks for all of your hard work Omni!

So far, no luck for the Mobility x300, but I've been thinking about doing a fresh install of OSX, so I'll try again later this evening.

Thanks for all of your hard work Omni!

Doesn't work here either, it all works well up to changing the resolution in the preferences.

Id=5460 if anyone cares.......

Already tried twice, last time on a fresh .5 install, so I wouldn't bother.

Ah well, it was worth a shot, as has been said, this a just a preview(alpha).

So no one is having the driver working fine after every reboot? right?

Im on a 9800 XT, it works but indeed after a reboot the screen goes crazy, changing the resolution fixes it.

For me QE CI is not supported (im curious to know how you made it work cyclone, since we almost have the same cards, pm me if have any info, merci bien).

Many thanks omni for this great alpha release, good luck on your work.

Picture_2.png

easy Simania just modify the ATIRADEON9700GA.plugin seek for IOATINDRVFramebuffer and change it to : CallistoFB

exit and save

reboot works fine

so u experience the same problem as me?? i guess the first version omni used a month ago was working far better kind of ironic? let's wait for his opinion

Its an AGP card but its recognized as a PCIe

Thx for your answer.

So...

It looks like that PCIe cards are not working(kernel panic) with omni's alfa driver yet.

If i am wrong please let me know.

and...omni, thx to let us to test your driver.

Samsung X50 notebook with x600. No kernel panic and drive loads. When changing display resolution, screens goes white with light blue lines. LCD detected as CRT.

MAny thanks for let us to try your driver.

super kyro same problem as me under 9800+desktop pc

In fact this driver doesnt work for anyone...

Did you do anything special to get it to work? All the driver did for my x800 xl(PCI-E) is give me a kernel panic. :thumbsdown_anim: