AnV XNU Kernel V1.4

Andy Vandijck

AnV Kernel reliable  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Does the kernel work fine for you?

• Yes
    • Reasonable
    • No
  2. 2. Did the installer work fine for you?

• Yes
    • No, fixed it manually
    • No
  3. 3. Which cpu do you use?

• Intel with HPET and SSE3
    • Intel with SSE3
    • Older Intel
    • AMD with SSE3
    • Older AMD

383 posts in this topic

OK I solved the problem. I'm so happy, my athlon x2 4000+ now works in 64bit mode with -force64 flag. :P

How can I set processor to run always in 64bit, and is it ok for processor's temperature or something else?

Edit /Library/Prefences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

under boot arguments add -force64 and no -legacy

The processors temperature has nothing to see with EM64T so there are no issues with that...

It still give kernel panic, the exact output :)

I changed all the plist files and changed to a custom EFI string. Still no go. What should I do next?

Try an older version of the NVidia kexts... that might solve it...

como puedo poner este kernel como el de preferencia puesto que tengo el voodo 9.5 y siempre que reinicio entra con el voodoo 9.5...

I'm sorry but I don't speak spanish...

Babelfish translated as this:

as I can put this kernel like the one of preference since I have voodo 9,5 and whenever resumption enters with voodoo 9.5…

What do you mean with this?

If you are talking about using both kernels, it is possible...

Mine for example as mach_kernel.

Voodoo kernel as voodoo_kernel (under /).

But remember that seatbelt.kext needs to be the 9.5.0 version for Voodoo and 9.6.0 for mine...

Untill you reply thats all I can say...

I can't unpack with stuffit.

perhaps, like me, you got such xxxx.sitx.zip files !

I had to remove the .zip and all is OK (stuffit can expand it).

I think that some browsers (my Saf ) adds that .zip which is wrong.

Edit /Library/Prefences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

under boot arguments add -force64 and no -legacy

The processors temperature has nothing to see with EM64T so there are no issues with that...

Try an older version of the NVidia kexts... that might solve it...

I'm sorry but I don't speak spanish...

Babelfish translated as this:

as I can put this kernel like the one of preference since I have voodo 9,5 and whenever resumption enters with voodoo 9.5…

What do you mean with this?

If you are talking about using both kernels, it is possible...

Mine for example as mach_kernel.

Voodoo kernel as voodoo_kernel (under /).

But remember that seatbelt.kext needs to be the 9.5.0 version for Voodoo and 9.6.0 for mine...

Untill you reply thats all I can say...

sorry, my inglish is not so well, let mi try expose may cuestion; the thing i want is to set your kernel like defauld but i dont know how exactly wet this?

and i just want use your kernel without voodoo 9.5

sorry, my inglish is not so well, let mi try expose may cuestion; the thing i want is to set your kernel like defauld but i dont know how exactly wet this?

and i just want use your kernel without voodoo 9.5

Well, just use the installer... it will replace default mach_kernel automatic...

translated to Spanish:

Bien, apenas utilice el instalador… que substituirá el mach_kernel del defecto automático…

Don't know if translation is perfect but hey... blame altavista if it ain't...

Well, just use the installer... it will replace default mach_kernel automatic...

translated to Spanish:

Bien, apenas utilice el instalador… que substituirá el mach_kernel del defecto automático…

Don't know if translation is perfect but hey... blame altavista if it ain't...

it's fine, but i use your installer and always wen reboot enter with voodoo 9.5 but when i write "mach_kernel" i enter in the system with your kernel.

i use chameleon v 12 (efi v9)

it's fine, but i use your installer and always wen reboot enter with voodoo 9.5 but when i write "mach_kernel" i enter in the system with your kernel.

hmmm...

Check /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and see with which kernel it boots there... change if needed to mach_kernel.

I am about to have to reinstall my osx, per my own idiocy.

After i reinstall i am looking at installing this kernel.

I would appreciate some advice.

I have a intel core2 q6600, 6gb of ram,10.5.6, vanilla kernel.

I saw earlier were someone say just use the kernel.

Should i use the package, or use osxtools and just install the kernel?

I want to put the kernel on my EFI partition, that I have a vanilla root. What do I have to add to my Boot.plist on my EFI partition that it boots the kernel from there but then uses my OS X harddisk to boot further.

Let's say my non vanilla kernel is called "mach_kernel.xnu"...

I tried to add "(0,0)/mach_kernel.xnu boot-uuid=XXXXXX..." and changed "mach_kernel" to "mach_kernel.xnu" in my Boot.plist. When I boot I always get a kernel panic that says kernel not found...

What boot uuid do I have to insert into Boot.plist? The one of my EFI partition or of my OS X Install?

It's because the Voodoo kernel installer changes your Boot.plist to boot voodoo by default. Just change it back to mach_kernel.

I want to put the kernel on my EFI partition, that I have a vanilla root. What do I have to add to my Boot.plist on my EFI partition that it boots the kernel from there but then uses my OS X harddisk to boot further.

Let's say my non vanilla kernel is called "mach_kernel.xnu"...

I tried to add "(0,0)/mach_kernel.xnu boot-uuid=XXXXXX..." and changed "mach_kernel" to "mach_kernel.xnu" in my Boot.plist. When I boot I always get a kernel panic that says kernel not found...

What boot uuid do I have to insert into Boot.plist? The one of my EFI partition or of my OS X Install?

Use bt(0,0)/mach_kerne.xnu (if I remember correctly).

Use the uuid of your OS X install.

to dev:

Is ist possible to use ONLY the dynamic linker files, dylb and update-dylp by pacifist install?

Or does they only work with that kernel / system.kext and not with vanilla kernel/system.kext ?

Thanks

to dev:

Is ist possible to use ONLY the dynamic linker files, dylb and update-dylp by pacifist install?

Or does they only work with that kernel / system.kext and not with vanilla kernel/system.kext ?

Thanks

It's possible...

Hi Andy ! Great work as usual

One problem is that the installer hangs at running installer script. I had to install it manually. Is there another installer i could try ?

One other matter: is there a 9.5 version with the same enhancements as the current 9.6 one? I don't mean to disrespect the voodoo team ( i have only the best appreciation for their work) but it seems it does not play well with AppleHDA so i was thinking of trying your enhancements, maybe they help. Thanks a lot again

Clarify a few things, right after I ran the installer (download the zip version as suggested in page 8), every apps I tried to open has exc_bad_access (sigsegv) error. How can I fix this? Apps open fine if I create new account and start from there. Strange. Very strange. Please help.

Clarify a few things, right after I ran the installer (download the zip version as suggested in page 8), every apps I tried to open has exc_bad_access (sigsegv) error. How can I fix this? Apps open fine if I create new account and start from there. Strange. Very strange. Please help.

Weird... since it runs fine on all others...

Did it install OK?

Andy,

Thank you for your kernel. So far it's working flawlessly on my P4 3.0 GHz (HPET) system. However I have installed it manually because I prefer to have control on what's is going to be modified on my machine... ;)

As for the dynamic linker files, are they necessary? What are the real benefits after installing them?

Keep up the great work!

BR,

Andy i just installed the version 1.4 with your installer.. now i can only boot with -x, it gives me panic at boot. i'm on an intel machine running xxx 10.5.6 final with vanilla kernel; the panic seams related to ACPI, it says:

panic(cpu0 caller 0x004329B3): unable to find driver for this platform /ACPI/: n"@ users/andyvand/downloads/kernels/voodoo

please help me.. :unsure:

EDIT: i have also installed the intelclockmod.. maybe that's the cause?

EDIT2: i was able to make it run again by using another AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.5.5, system seems fine. ;):D

Andy,

Thank you for your kernel. So far it's working flawlessly on my P4 3.0 GHz (HPET) system. However I have installed it manually because I prefer to have control on what's is going to be modified on my machine... :wacko:

As for the dynamic linker files, are they necessary? What are the real benefits after installing them?

Keep up the great work!

BR,

I allready explained that in many other posts above... read them...

I allready explained that in many other posts above... read them...

I have read all the previous posts before asking, but the only information I got was your dynamic linker file is faster than the original one from Apple, but in practical terms, what does it mean? How much faster is it? Will the system performance be improved for everything or only for specific tasks/applications?

Dank u wel! ;)

stuffit 13.r4 installed but unable to unpack this....

thanx arial for mirroring ;-)

mirror for those who dont have StuffIt ;)

~4.93 MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/209580909/AnV_XNU_9.6.0_kernel_V1.4.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JH6G9W8P
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyej2dmwydk

thanks alot, this is far better than the odd format .sitx

I have read all the previous posts before asking, but the only information I got was your dynamic linker file is faster than the original one from Apple, but in practical terms, what does it mean? How much faster is it? Will the system performance be improved for everything or only for specific tasks/applications?

Dank u wel! ;)

Wel, voor het laden van de applicaties wel...