AnV XNU Kernel V1.4

Andy Vandijck

AnV Kernel reliable  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Does the kernel work fine for you?

• Yes
    • Reasonable
    • No
  2. 2. Did the installer work fine for you?

• Yes
    • No, fixed it manually
    • No
  3. 3. Which cpu do you use?

• Intel with HPET and SSE3
    • Intel with SSE3
    • Older Intel
    • AMD with SSE3
    • Older AMD

383 posts in this topic

I already use your ANV SMBIOS for Mac Pro! I added "-nomacmodeloverride" to my Boot.plist and in System Profiler it says "MacPro3,1", but Geekbench still recognizes it as Hackintosh. I don't get why it works with "MacPro2,1". Do you know from which parameters Geekbench is getting its information about the mac model? Here is a picture of what my sys profiler looks like...

post-41891-1237132807_thumb.png

Made for those like me who have problems with HPET.

boot with boot arguments:

- HPET fully fixed for all...

- faster for all...

useoldhpet=1

to fix HPET along with this old downloadable HPET kext.

enjoy... :P

NOTE: You need the old AppleHPET.kext in case of CPUs like my Intel Celeron M 420...

Download + change if needed...

EDIT1: Improved Intel (bundled) + AMD (built-in) dynamic linker.

Added installer options for AppleIntelClock driver + installing old HPET driver (needed only if probeHPET failed is shown on boot...)

New build procedure based on voodoobuild (can build all the latest sources).

Build optimizations enable even faster system too... ;)

EDIT2: Fixed dynamic linkers.

Implemented Hnak RTC fix (thanks Hnak).

Added options for decrypter + mac model override, these can be disabled with:

-nobuiltindecrypter

-nomacmodeloverride

Changed the use old HPET option to -useoldhpet

Fixed various issues...

Attached File(s)

voodoobuild_AnV_0.3.2.zip ( 1.12MB )

AnV_XNU_9.6.0_kernel_V1.4.pkg.part02.sitx ( 1.66MB )

AnV_XNU_9.6.0_kernel_V1.4.pkg.part01.sitx ( 2MB )

just installed using the .pkg installer and select kernel only. works fine without any error.

great update..! many thanks Andy.. :)

AnV14_01.png

AnV14_03.png

mirror for those who dont have StuffIt :)

~4.93 MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/209580909/AnV_XNU_9.6.0_kernel_V1.4.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JH6G9W8P
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyej2dmwydk

AnV14_02.png

stuffit 13.r4 installed but unable to unpack this....

thanx arial for mirroring ;-)

mirror for those who dont have StuffIt :)

~4.93 MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/209580909/AnV_XNU_9.6.0_kernel_V1.4.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JH6G9W8P
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyej2dmwydk

I have E6400 Core 2 Duo Intel , does that mean this kernel will be any useful to me ?

You have the chance (Intel Core CPU) to use an Vanialla System (mostly unmodded orig. Apple).

I tried that voodoo things only to help+report that voodoo teams/ for interest.

Over 95% of Intel Core CPU users will be bettter use normal / vanialla kernel !

Only AMD + Intel PRE CORE Users, and thats the main reason why that great kernel teams exist, really need them / is a must. They simple cant use orig. Apple Kernel.

I already use your ANV SMBIOS for Mac Pro! I added "-nomacmodeloverride" to my Boot.plist and in System Profiler it says "MacPro3,1", but Geekbench still recognizes it as Hackintosh. I don't get why it works with "MacPro2,1". Do you know from which parameters Geekbench is getting its information about the mac model? Here is a picture of what my sys profiler looks like...

Hmmm, weird since with exactly the same parameter (and MacBookPro5,1 kext) it works for me...

Is the SMBIOS table set properly? that is normally where it gets this from but since MacPro3,1 is widely used as a hackintosh (see Netkas toh AppleSMBIOS...) it might check the CPU parameter... (Just a thought, which CPU do you have?).

Did you try setting your card ID into those kernel modules (NV parts + geforce kmods...).

I've heard from someone that might fix this...

Can you elaborate on that? Or a link to some article? Thanks.

Also, I have similar problem with Mac identification as Cillit Bang, can't set it to Mac Pro for some reason.

Can you elaborate on that? Or a link to some article? Thanks.

Also, I have similar problem with Mac identification as Cillit Bang, can't set it to Mac Pro for some reason.

For example if you have got an NVidia Quadro NVS 280 you would set the following:

Copy GeForce.kext, NVDANV30Hal.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, and NVDAResman.kext to an editable location.

If you have a modern (8 series or better) don't use NVDANV30+40 but 50...

If you use NVinject also this one, if EFI string, don't bother...

Look for the following key in Info.plist: IOPCIMatch.

Get your card VID + PID from System Profiler.

In case of the described above the card ID = 0x032A, vendor ID is allways 0x10DE

so you set for IOCIMatch: 0x032a10de for all of these.

NOTE: don't use the mask & 0x0000ffff, in case of other NVidia HW this will cause matching on all NVidia HW... you have been warned...

Next install them into place.

That should do it for you...

I'd prefer to fix the problem and still use EFI method. It introduces the least lock up compared to NVinject method.

What do you mean by

"If you use NVinject also this one, if EFI string, don't bother..."

Does it mean this method is not applied to EFI string?

picture1kwq.png

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to fix this single bug and I have the most stable hackintosh ever.

He means that if you use an efi string you won't have to edit any injector, but you will have to do that with the other kexts he mentions.

Also, you may be having problems setting the nvcaps (just an idea), try building a custom efi string and select the correct output (DVI/DVI maybe?)

Do I have to select anything more than the Kernel for a Pentium M CPU under 10.5.6?

Yes, you need System.kext, seatbelt.kext (if not allready from 10.5.6) and old HPET driver since those probably don't have HPET in the chipset...

I seem to have problem with Voodoo Power + 1.4 kernel. I have stutter problems with ITunes. If I disable Voodoopower kext, then everything is perfect but my laptop runs hot.

Try using the latest VoodooPower.kext from Hnak, this works great...

Andy, I just want to thank you again, I updated without problem to your latest kernel, working like a charm!!! ;)

Glad to hear :(

Well, have fun thus with the latest... (and greatest...).

All right, just installed this new release on my laptop (Pentium M) with OldHPET and it works smoothly.

My apps are still working, haven't encounter any KP, so it's a green light for me!

Thanks Andy!

No problem, glad it works :P

Try using the latest VoodooPower.kext from Hnak, this works great...

Glad to hear :rolleyes:

I used Hnak's Voodoopower but still stutters in Itunes 8.1. I have Dell D610 with Pentium M 1.73. I also tried the AppleACPIPlatform.kext but it doesn't work. I really like this kernel (since I finally got HPET working) so Andy, if you have a Pentium M, you mind letting me test you voodoopower.kext? Thanks

Thanks, I added the DID and VID, also created a custom EFI string for DVI-I/VGA instead of DVI-I/DVI-I

I'll cross finger to see if that fix the problem. Thanks all.

OK, please report back...

I would like to know if that did it for you...