Post your virtualization screenshot

57 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I've been playing with Fusion and Parallels now that I got the fancier macbook pro. They've finally advenced to a point where I felt I could stary trying em out. I like that Coherance now works with vista. After a few hours of playing I was finally able to make sense of the desktop and tweak it so that it wasn't a creepy jumble. if you set the dock to autohide the windows taskbar goes all the way to the bottom and you can bring up the dock as you need it.

As for Fusion...it seems to work a tad better performance wise and sound isn't jacked in Vista like in Parallels but unfortunately Unity does not support vista yet so you are restricted to a windowed Windows environment.

I went ahead and did the $40 presale on Fusion though cause its half the cost right now and I'm sure vmware will have most of not all the bugs worked out of unity by the time the final releases.

post-24886-1182067391_thumb.jpg

post-24886-1182067483_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2ej4.th.jpg 3aw0.th.jpg

osxparallelsuh7.th.jpg

Will post Fusion when I have some time this week.

edit: added Parallels Desktop

Lot's of questions, first, how did you get Compiz Fusion to work in a virtual machine? I have VM Workstation 6 on XP and can not get Ubuntu Gutsy to work with Compiz at all.

2 where did you get that awesome windows theme for XP. It's like Royale & vista rolled into XP. What program did use to get those icons in XP. Very nice overall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Lot's of questions, first, how did you get Compiz Fusion to work in a virtual machine? I have VM Workstation 6 on XP and can not get Ubuntu Gutsy to work with Compiz at all.

2 where did you get that awesome windows theme for XP. It's like Royale & vista rolled into XP. What program did use to get those icons in XP. Very nice overall.

I think it's Ubuntu in native mode, because openGL acceleration it's not enable in vmware...

this was a little more involved to get setup, but is very interesting as it shows the evolution of MacOS from 7 to 10

insanescreenuh5.th.png

Nice, but missing some steps. Mac OS 9.0.4 runs pretty well with Sheepshaver. I had Mac OS 8.1 running with SoftMac8 under XP Pro under Parallels 2.5, but I didn't have much need of running 680x0 apps after all.

Also, I can't see how you all are able to work with the OSX dock on the bottom of the screen.

post-185699-1207071080_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had some trouble with Parallels, it did not start any Virtual OS. But it's solved now - if you have same trouble, remember to check Intel VT or Intel Virtualization Technics settings from BIOS :) [<- when you are a n00b, you can only blame yourself]

This topic was "Post your virtualization screenshot" .... well, im sure someone has figured out this before, but :

Set up Spaces, and you can have Virtual OS on other Desktop as "Full" and you can switch between them with F8.

like in my photo...

post-335483-1230498382_thumb.png

Just open Paralles, and first OS. Push F8 and drag it to space2. Then open second, drag it to 3 and third...... Start them and use Full Screen mode and you have 3 - 4 os running, and by pushing F8 you switch

and as it seems, 3 OS running leaves some RAM free.. this is, if you - by some odd reason - need Windoze for something :angel:

post-335483-1230498987_thumb.png

Of course you can use Coherence, but i prefer this.

bw,

Kari

• 1 month later...

Well I got Parallels Desktop working. However I wasn't able to use my Vista partition off the bat. It would give me an error that it could not gain full access to the drive. Anyways, I got XP installed in a virtual drive and it works OK. It lets me use winamp!

parallels.png

• 5 months later...

Well here is my virtualization with Crossover, the advantage of this is that instead of installing a whole virtual machine (well, it does BUT) emulates .exe files like a mac application. Here is my iAtkos 5 emulating proyect64 (sixtyforce is a piece of {censored}) but is very unestable.

I also have VMWare and I will try now using it with Windows 7

post-420991-1248331852_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...