XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

I'm begging for help now,why won't anyone offer it? I've asked so many time politely and supplied all the information, other people have responded to similar posts in the past what is wrong with people now?

I have problem with installation (see screen), I try boot with "-v", "cpus=2", "-x", "-platform=apic" all combination of this symbols. So that not all, when i boot first time i click "Enter", and all was good, instalatio was start, but i must restart Laptop, next to this the instalation cant start anymore i always see this:

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/pelny/...c80d31c995.html

Any one can help me?? PLEASE !

You're using the Voodoo kernel, not the vanilla kernel, so I assume that you have to use something other than the vanilla kernel because of your hardware configuration. You're getting the classic "kernel panic" during the boot process. Try not installing any other driver options until you can boot to the Mac desktop after installation, and also try using the vanilla (default) or other kernels. Even if the rest of your hardware doesn't work yet, at least you've made progress. Then add drivers for each piece of hardware one at a time in subsequent re-installs of the operating system. The fact that you can at least boot the install DVD and finish an installation shows that you may succeed.

I found that I needed to do 4 or 5 consecutive installs until I arrived at the perfect combination of drivers for glitch-free operation. At this point, I only choose a chipset driver, OpenHaltRestart for proper shutdown, and a few utilities (OSx86Tools being the most important) when installing XXX OSx86. I then add driver kexts and EFI strings with OSx86Tools for the rest of my hardware. For me, it was a long but rewarding learning process. Good luck!

I'm begging for help now,why won't anyone offer it? I've asked so many time politely and supplied all the information, other people have responded to similar posts in the past what is wrong with people now?

Sadly, your laptop has an unsupported video chip.

The X1200 Mobility is not offered as an installation option, and unlike desktop computers, rarely is the video chip upgradeable in a laptop.

If you want to try OSx86 on another machine, I strongly suggest doing it with a recent Intel CPU, ideally a Core 2 Duo or Quad. To make life much easier, make sure that the rest of your hardware, especially your video card, is listed on the installation options screenshot attached to the first post of this thread. For a detailed view of my installation process, see my post on the previous page of this thread.

By using the XXX OSx86 variant, rest assured that you are using the best Hackintosh software available at the moment. I am SO sorry that it will be discontinued. I was looking very much forward for BlackCH's 10.5.7 release, as well as 10.6 Snow Leopard. His work is magnificent, and his last release was his best. I had tried the latest releases from iPC and iDeneb, but XXX was glitch-free for me. Now I'll have to learn how to install Chameleon myself... :P:):blink:

By using the XXX OSx86 variant, rest assured that you are using the best Hackintosh software available at the moment. I am SO sorry that it will be discontinued. I was looking very much forward for BlackCH's 10.5.7 release, as well as 10.6 Snow Leopard. His work is magnificent, and his last release was his best.

+1

hey there blackCh Thanks for all the hard work. I have just finished installing 10.5.6 retail onto my p5k pro. I had to look all over for the needed kexts. I was just wondering if there is a way to just download your installer package (as i have the retail disk) so i could have all of those kexts for other installs to come in one place. Thanks.

hey there blackCh Thanks for all the hard work. I have just finished installing 10.5.6 retail onto my p5k pro. I had to look all over for the needed kexts. I was just wondering if there is a way to just download your installer package (as i have the retail disk) so i could have all of those kexts for other installs to come in one place. Thanks.

For now only inside the ISO. Still you need to unpack the pkgs with pacifist and install the kexts manually...

I'm very sad that you decided to discontinue this project, as this is my favorite one. I've been running your distribution for months, after having tested many other distros. But I can understand you've got your reasons....

Good luck to you if you've got other projects :(

Sorry if this turns out to be a simple problem, but I'm not exactly great at this sort of thing. I've been trying to install XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2 on VMWare Workstation v.6.5. When I boot from the disk, I get a kernel error. However, if I use the string mach_kernel_2, the install boots just fine and seems to go through the install without a hitch. However, after that, when it boots from the hard disk, it scrolls though a huge amount of loading kexts and the like, but after it hits Starting Darwin/x86, it crashes with another kernel error. The string mach_kernel_2 does nothing as kernel_2 doesn't exist on the hard drive. Did it install the original kernel or is something else the matter. Here are some screens of my problem. Please help.

Original Kernel

http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mac4.jpg

Kernel 2

http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mac5j.jpg

Kernel 2 Load Screen Before Install (does this look right?)

http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mac6.jpg

After Install (start of load)

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mac7.jpg

After Install (end of load)

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mac8.jpg

mine is

Biostar TA690G + X2 4000

2GB Mem

HD SATA

ODD IDE

Installation is running fine and finished but when i try to boot using HDD it shows "unknow sigsegv (code:0)"

If boot again using DVD and try "rd=disk0s1" and it's running fine.

what's problem?

TIA

@ BlackCH

I've decided to stop this project as I see it doesnt help to the community to grow in the way it should at all... And since now there are some free ways to install OSX from retail disks I think everybody wanting to run OSX should learn what needs to be done to have it running on a PC, get the files and do it themselves..... or go and buy a real mac.

Is installing OS X from Retail disks going to be that simple and easy with nForce chipset (and other non-Intel chipset) MOBOs.......if getting non-retail distros, even lauded ones such as your distro installed is not always a stroll in the park......?

Please help me to install Leopard On Msi P45 Platinum.

I have "XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2" Install Disc

When i Boot This DVD System Restarted 

Please helpme to install this 

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB 

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Yours Faithfully 

Play DVD BOY

@ BlackCH

Is installing OS X from Retail disks going to be that simple and easy with nForce chipset (and other non-Intel chipset) MOBOs.......if getting non-retail distros, even lauded ones such as your distro installed is not always a stroll in the park......?

I dont know how these chipsets works with a boot1.3.2 disk, Im sure it wont be a 'stroll in the park' because is unsupported hardware that we get to work with hacked/modified files; you always will have some kind of problem.

The answer is to get compatible hardware (which is also recommended with any distro). You can build a full compatible ICH7 machine for very little money in these days and you will have zero problems with it. Theres many people trying to run OSX on whatever machine they have laying around; Do you thing leopard will run properly on a 4 years old P4 SSE2 only machine? It will suck, and theres nothing you can do about it else than upgrade your HW, or stick to windows XP which is fine for most of the things.

Looking at your signature you have a very nice rig that probably works very well with Vista but you could upgrade/change your mobo for a ICH9/10 based (spending something between 60 and 100 eur) to get rid of any incompatibilities with OSX. And you will be able to re-use all the other parts you already have. I think that is a better choice than spending hours and hours trying to get to work an incompatible piece of HW.

If money is the problem, one could learn how to patch a retail disk with the right drivers (if I can do it, means almost anyone w/ half a brain and some spare time can do it), but as I say before for running OSX fully you need a natively supported chipset (Intel ICHx, new macbooks NVidia chipset seems to work too) and a supported graphic card (Nvidia and some ATI models) to start.

So in short, get the right HW or learn how to patch it

Please help me to install Leopard On Msi P45 Platinum.

When i Boot This DVD System Restarted

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Apparently your motherboard needs patched BIOS or custom DSDT to fix CPU aliases:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=911441

you need to:

-get a patched BIOS: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=846742

and flash your mobo. This is a 'dangerous' procedure, so read the whole topic and more before attempting anything. If is done right is the best solution. If is done wrong you can brick your motherboard

or

-make a custom DSDT.aml with the proper fixes ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142434 )

-Use UEFI boot stick (w/ your custom DSDT.aml) to boot the install DVD ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157287 )

-Use chameleon2 as a bootloader and copy DSDT.aml to the root of your booting OSX HD (so you dont have to boot from the stick every time) ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159885 )

...and next time use the search function, dont be a pain in the ass please. Theres enough information in the forum for you to do it, just take the time to search and read...

Hi guys,

XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2 is by far the best way to install 10.5.6 so far.

I still experience some curious problems here. After installing and restart I see the what i call "sky blue screen of dead" :hysterical: I hear sound playing, voice over help and so on but screen remains just blue.

The funny thing is that when i press the power button the screen changes and i see the language selection for a second before the pc (tries to) shut(s) down. Resolution is ok!

Different setup options, even minimal - the same effect.

It is a Asus P5E, X38 chipset. NVIDIA 9800 GT (with nvinject).

Any idea? thanks!

Hi guys,

XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2 is by far the best way to install 10.5.6 so far.

I still experience some curious problems here. After installing and restart I see the what i call "sky blue screen of dead" :unsure: I hear sound playing, voice over help and so on but screen remains just blue.

The funny thing is that when i press the power button the screen changes and i see the language selection for a second before the pc (tries to) shut(s) down. Resolution is ok!

Different setup options, even minimal - the same effect.

It is a Asus P5E, X38 chipset. NVIDIA 9800 GT (with nvinject).

Any idea? thanks!

You can try installing the OS without any video options. If that works, you can then search on the forums or on Google as to how to properly setup your card. The display may tear and be slow to respond, but at least you can proceed. You can even try installing with no hardware options at all except chipset, and setting up your hardware after the OS is booting correctly.

In fact, that is what I do on my system. I have a 9600 GT, and all I need to do to get it working is adding an EFI boot string with the OSx86Tools utility after I install the OS. I'm not sure what is needed to get a 9800 GT working post-install, but someone on insanelymac must have solved that issue.

If you've tried that to no avail, you can also try using a different output from your video card or a different monitor.

Good luck and have fun!

P.S. I'm glad to see that BlackCH is still posting on insanelymac, even though he has ended his XxX project. I really appreciate his straightforward explanations.

NVIDIA 9800 GT (with nvinject).

Select NVidia Extended and NVDarwin

z0r_LastMBPNVkexts_01.png

or try to resolve at post-install..

- boot with: -v -x

- insert XxX DVD

- open terminal and run this command to show hidden files

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE 
killall Finder

- navigate XxX DVD to /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2/System/Installation/Packages/Patches/Graphics/NV

- install LastMBPNVkexts.pkg & NVidiaExtended.pkg

- remove installed injector (NVInject)

- use OSx86Tools to create custom EFI String for your 9800GT or simply install NVdarwin***MB.pkg

- Re-hide hidden files:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE 
killall Finder

- reboot.

So would this update my kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6

See here for updating Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6......

There's a ppf for this on the P***** Bay. Here's a copy of the Read Me:

From README:

"This patch is to be applied ONLY to the XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2 ISO (md5: 8c30e446895eb685f2eacc95ed46a6a8)

AddOns:

-Chameleon 2 (Basic setup only. For advanced configuration use the official team's installer)

-9.6.3 Vanilla kernel (optimized for i7 cpus)

-Voodoo PS2 driver

-Voodoo HDA driver

-VoodooPower cpu throttler

-ALC272

-ADI2000

-ATL1e Ethernet

-PPF suite

-Updated AnV kernel to latest release

-Updated EFIStudio to latest release

-Cleaned free space on the ISO (zero out deleted files)

ISO MD5 after patch:

a9e273ae09d3db0794a339a701e662fc"

Anyone know anything about it? Or the user that posted it? It looks good to me. I guess I'll patch a copy and keep an original.

Sir 

i Download P45MACOS.100.rar , P45MACOS.123.rar Modded Bios for P45 platinum

then i update with P45MACOS.123.rar after flashing my system not booting. my

Morherbord bios carshed but reinstall my bios(Visit My Bios ReFlashing)

Sir Can u Please make A working and Suitable Modded Bios for P45 platinum

My System Config

Intel Q6600

Msi P45 Platinum  (Visit My Motherbord)

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB 

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

LG DVD RW

Yours Faithfully 

Play DVD BOY

BlackCH i know you produce music too , i start using your release recently and i find a bug

in logic 8.0.2 , some of my audio unit instruments are white squares now... i cant see the instruments just a white square... this never append on the last osx release i was using...

do you know how to solve this visual bug?

i have this problem on this 3 instruments "D16.Group.Fazortan" "D16.Devastor" and "Schaak.Audio.Transient.Shaper" they all work fine on iPC 10.5.6 release

BlackCH i know you produce music too , i start using your release recently and i find a bug

in logic 8.0.2 , some of my audio unit instruments are white squares now... i cant see the instruments just a white square... this never append on the last osx release i was using...

do you know how to solve this visual bug?

i have this problem on this 3 instruments "D16.Group.Fazortan" "D16.Devastor" and "Schaak.Audio.Transient.Shaper" they all work fine on iPC 10.5.6 release

PM sent

EDIT:

D16.Fazortan works fine here; so I assume the other two will do.

Hi BlackCH

I noticed you are using P5K-VM board. I'm using one and would like to try the vanilla install. Currently I'm using your release v1 and having problem with kernel panic (which, relate to the kernel I think). I think vanilla install is the way to go. But I don't know what boot disk to use. Do you mind sharing your boot disk and your extra kext folder?

I'm using dell mini 9 and people over in mydellmini forums have done an excellent job of compiling the drivers so that reinstalling the OS X is a piece of cake. I want to make a customized install like that for my hardware. It would be awesome.

thank you in advance.