XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

Guest cavallo
The USB2 ports on the machine from my signature only worked after editing the DSDT file and using ACPIPlatform form 10.5.5 + all legacy ACPI plugins (included on the release under 'rollback kexts' menu), and EHCISleepEnabler.

-Voodoo kernel 1.0

-DSDT Patcher

-PCEFI 9

-All essential kexts

-All RollBackKexts

-Do not install any GMAx3100 drivers (should work OOTB)

-AzaliaADI1981 (speakers output only)

-Do not Install the BroadcomWireless (should work OOTB)

-ACPIBatteryManager

-GenericPowerManagement 1.1.3

-ClamshellDisplay

-All tools (optional)

Try with those. I dont know if your USB pors are going to work properly without editing the DSDT file anyway so make sure you have it working (you should find a DSDT.aml file in the root of your OSX HD after installing).

I dont think theres a driver for your BCM 5787 on the ISO but I think I saw it somewhere. If I find it I would add it in the next PPF

On my TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO L300 no efi 9 or chamaleon 1.0.12, dsdt patcher, Acpi battery meter and clamshelldisplay required.

Gma 950 yes, apple ichx yes, alc 268 and apple hda enabler yes.

The rest is the same.

I think i have installed the one with no ppf and having dvd, language packs and seatbelt kext once i finished set up i install those items and i fix shutdown with hda shutdown fix, realtek lan 8102 with 8139 package and realtek 8187b with (in this order) 8187, 8187b and 8180 packages.

I reboot and in system/library/extensions i fix in 8187 and 8187bt kexts 33161 integer to 33175, then i go in 8180 kext and i insert vendor and device id's.

Everything works fine, audio (in, out, mic and headfhone), wireless (8187B) and lan (8102), integrated webcam, pcmcia54express card (Kraun kr 7 1394 x2 and 1 usb2), all printers and all devices except audio and network cards is correcltly recognized by sys profiler.

Thanks a lot.....

Any bug report/question must contain detailed hardware (CPU, Chipset, GPU, ATA/SATA controller, -those are the most important ones-. Include the device ID of the component), detail of the items selected at the install process, and offcourse detailed description of the issue itself. Reports/questions failing to comply with these guidelines will be most probably ignored.

Hello ,Im new at this,I have downloaded XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2, had some issues at first but everything works ,except for two things ,TimeMachine it recognizes HD but when I want to go into Time Machine it freezes.The system freezes now and then ,it comes back,its like it pauses,anyway this are my specs hope you can help¡¡But everything seems to work well ...

Hp D530 sff 2.6ghz P4ht

1.5 gig ram

120 Seagate HD IDE

Fx 5200 low profile video card agp

Intel 865G chipset

sorry to say but this ISO is a mess , alot of trash there... if you open the iso in windows (with ultraiso for example) you even find cubase 4 instalations (cloned 2 times LOL)

with some pacience and cleaning you get space there to put the original language packs ,

dont get me wrong i loved your 10.4.11 releases (and i will try your leopard versions now), but i think a release named "final v2" is suposed to be in better conditions

sorry to say but this ISO is a mess , alot of trash there... if you open the iso in windows (with ultraiso for example) you even find cubase 4 instalations (cloned 2 times LOL)

with some pacience and cleaning you get space there to put the original language packs ,

dont get me wrong i loved your 10.4.11 releases (and i will try your leopard versions now), but i think a release named "final v2" is suposed to be in better conditions

Besides the Cubase pkgs; what other trash is on the ISO? Anyway those packages are not really there; they have been deleted and therefore they dont take any space on the ISO nor affect the way the installer works. One could mount the ISO as a readwrite and choose 'Erase Free Space' from Disk Utility to get rid of all those ghost files; you will see the free space in the ISO wont change at all.

Im not saying the installer doesnt have bugs still as probably needs some more work, but right now I do not have the time for it

Thanks SO much for this release, BlackCH.

A recent poster really believes that "this ISO is a mess"?

LOL, that is the furthest opinion from my assessment, following actual use.

I did clean installs of the latest iPC, iDeneb, and your OSx86 10.5.6 variants. Yours worked the best for me, by far!

I installed using only default selections (deselected PS/2 support), one chipset driver, OpenHaltRestart, and a few utilities. The chosen chipset driver was the only optional driver installed from the DVD. This is the first time that I have successfully installed OSx86 with a Vanilla kernel.

No issues that I can find with the following hardware:

-- DFI LanParty LT X38-T2R motherboard, Q9550 CPU, 8GB DDR2-800 RAM. All USB and Firewire ports working, shuts down properly. All RAM properly identified. CPU type not initially recognized, but clock speed, bus speed, number of cores, and cache size are all correct. CPU type fixed with OSx86Tools.

-- Seagate 160GB SATA2 HD formatted with GUID partition table.

-- AppleAHCIPort Extended option for chipset support. No orange disk icons. Even the onboard JMicron SATA2 works without any other kext!

-- ASUS Silent EN 9600 GT 512MB video card is fully QE/CI supported with only an EFI boot string added via OSx86Tools after OS installation. QGL support enabled with OSx86Tools.

-- Marvell 88E8053 onboard ethernet port worked immediately after OS installation. 88E8052 onboard port worked with a simple additional device entry to the stock AppleYukon2.kext info.plist text inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext. This slightly modified info.plist is attached below in case it is useful to someone.

-- Onboard Realtek ALC885 sound was the only difficult piece of the puzzle. It's now fully working with an older (1.4.0a22(patched?)) version of AppleHDA.kext/HDAEnabler.kext downloaded from the first post of another thread (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941), installed via OSx86Tools. All analog and digital inputs and outputs, including front panel, are functional. I'm looking forward to trying my PCI TerraTec EWX 24/96 with the new Envy24 driver.

This DVD is clean, clean, clean. No logos, no junk fillers, no monkey business.

It gives the widest compatibility options, when one learns how to choose them.

Your release has made me smile as much as the classic JaS 10.4.8 did on my old Intel Prescott P4 system.

You deserve a medal for this work, BlackCH.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!

;):star_smile::star_smile::star_smile::star_smile::)

MARVELL_88E8052_SUPP_PLIST.zip

I installed your distro on my PC and it's 100% functionnal ! I mean, 100% !!

I have a Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo, Pentium Dual Core E5200, a XFX 8600GT 256mb dual DVI video, 4Gb RAM and 250 Gb SATA Maxtor HDD and SATA DVD burner (plus genuine Apple USB keyboard and Microsoft mouse).

I did a custom install, selected DSDT (don't know what it does), EFI BIOS Chameleon, correct EFI string for my video (but NO NVinject or anything else), Apple HDA plus the correct driver for the onboard soundcard (8889a I think), the ICHX driver, the Realtek 8111 driver fot Ethernet, JMicron driver (I use the onboard SATA controller so I could have done without this I guess), the OnHalt something kext, and voila, 30 minutes later the system is up and running. I used the DVD player patch afterward. Sound is great, so is Ethernet, video is flawless (correct monitor detected, all resolutions listed).

I downloaded the Apple updates and it works like a charm. It makes me wanna buy a real Mac!

Thanks a million for your hard work!

I've been a fan of XxX distro since 10.5.4. It never let me down. However, recently I've upgraded my graphics card from x1950 pro to HD 4850, things start to change. I can install fine but when reboot screen stucks after mDNSresponder XXXXX. I didn't see any major error like core backtrace or waiting for root device so I doubt it was stuck while bringing up graphics driver. Is there anyone succesfully using this v2 release to install ATI HD4850 driver without doing it manually?

This is just a guess because I used to run the XxX v1 release great without any issue with ATI x1950pro graphics card. I can update screenshot later because I don't have it with me know.

Thanks.

Well, after another try, I made it! It did work with ATI HD 4850.

This time I swapped display port according to another thread's suggestion. I also tried to play around with the settings (use disabler.kext instead of NULLPMXXX for example)

Now I have to figure out exactly what change has made this installation work!

Thanks BlackCH!

I've been a fan of XxX distro since 10.5.4. It never let me down. However, recently I've upgraded my graphics card from x1950 pro to HD 4850, things start to change. I can install fine but when reboot screen stucks after mDNSresponder XXXXX. I didn't see any major error like core backtrace or waiting for root device so I doubt it was stuck while bringing up graphics driver. Is there anyone succesfully using this v2 release to install ATI HD4850 driver without doing it manually?

This is just a guess because I used to run the XxX v1 release great without any issue with ATI x1950pro graphics card. I can update screenshot later because I don't have it with me know.

Thanks.

im a newb so go easy

how do i get the option of what drivers to install?

After you boot the DVD and the Mac desktop appears, but before beginning the installation, use the Disk Utility (from the menu bar at the top of the screen) to format your hard drive. I recommend using a completely blank hard drive (if this is your first foray into OSx86) and formatting the hard drive as HFS+ Journaled (not case-sensitive) with a GUID partition table option. Sharing the drive with other OS's or data can be done, but you need some experience first. If you can use a SATA drive with AHCI, and a SATA DVD drive, so much the better.

After the drive has been formatted, quit Disk Utility and proceed through the pre-installation screens. You may also want to check out the System Profiler utility before proceeding with the OS installation. It will give you an idea of which components of your computer's hardware are already supported by the base operating system.

Right at the last screen of the pre-install process, click on the button labeled 'customize' before you choose the hard drive that will receive the OS. Don't click 'install' until after the following step:

After choosing 'customize', you will be taken to a tree structure where you can select what you wish to install. When finished, you will be taken back to the previous screen. Then, select your system HD and click 'install'.

Before doing an actual install, you would do well to closely examine the options available via this image: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4649/screenshot1a.jpg

A few of the available network drivers are missing in this screenshot.

Try installing with as few options as possible at first, just to see what works without additional drivers. Be prepared to do several installs to get everything working optimally. This DVD's defaults are very good for recent Intel systems, but AMD systems need a lot more options. My last install had only a chipset driver, OpenHaltRestart, and a few utilities (see my post above), and I manually added device support later. OSx86Tools is the must-have utility. The real challenges of OSx86 are getting fully functional video, network, and sound. Good luck and have fun!

does the intel 3945a/b/g work with this?

See this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84072

Any bug report/question must contain detailed hardware (CPU, Chipset, GPU, ATA/SATA controller, -those are the most important ones-. Include the device ID of the component), detail of the items selected at the install process, and offcourse detailed description of the issue itself. Reports/questions failing to comply with these guidelines will be most probably ignored.

Hello ,Im new at this,I have downloaded XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2, had some issues at first but everything works ,except for two things ,TimeMachine it recognizes HD but when I want to go into Time Machine it freezes.The system freezes now and then ,it comes back,its like it pauses,anyway this are my specs hope you can help¡¡But everything seems to work well ...

Hp D530 sff 2.6ghz P4ht

1.5 gig ram

120 Seagate HD IDE

Fx 5200 low profile video card agp

Intel 865G chipset

Shame... XXX was my favorite distro...

I did a retail (boot 123) install using XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc instead of the retail one, I selected just the "Essential System Software" and the audio kext (AppleAzaliaAudio ADI1988), because it doesn't seem to work on EFI string.

The system works great, but still i was wondering if i would have any gain installing from a retail Leo DVD. Or in other words what's the difference between "my" way and the retail, is the "Essential System Software" same one both retail and XxX dvd?

THX

I installed this and got a Vga family not found type error my laptop is

rocessor AMD Athlon 2650e / 1.6 GHz

64-bit Computing Yes

Chipset Type AMD M690V

Cache Memory

Type L2 cache

Installed Size 512 KB

RAM

Installed Size 1 GB / 2 GB (max)

Technology DDR2 SDRAM

Form Factor SO DIMM 200-pin

Configuration Features 2 x 1 GB

Storage Controller

Type Serial ATA

Serial ATA Interface Serial ATA-150

Storage

Hard Drive 160 GB - Serial ATA-150

Optical Storage

Type DVD±RW / DVD-RAM - integrated

Display

Display Type 14.1" TFT

Max Resolution 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

Widescreen Display Yes

Video

Graphics Processor / Vendor ATI Mobility Radeon X1200

Audio

Audio Output Sound card

Compliant Standards High Definition Audio

Notebook Camera

Camera Type Integrated

Input Device(s)

Type Keyboard, touchpad

Networking

Networking Network adapter

Wireless LAN Supported Yes

Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Compliant Standards IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Expansion / Connectivity

Expansion Slots Total (Free) 2 ( 1 ) x memory - SO DIMM 200-pin

Interfaces 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45

2 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 pin USB Type A

1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)

1 x audio - line-out/headphones - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm

1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5 mm

This is the furthest I've gotten in the install process, nothing shows up under "boot disk" when I go back into the install disk afterwards, even after a repair. The reason I mention this is because other distros come back with a "still waiting for root"

Are there any generic video drivers just to get me into the OS so I can mess around in there?

Which version of mac should I try to install on this to get it to work 100%?

I've decided to stop this project as I see it doesnt help to the community at all... And since now there are some free ways to install OSX from retail disks I think is that everybody wanting to have OSX on their PCs should learn what needs to be done, get the files and do it themselves..... or go and buy a real mac.

This is really sad. I assure you, this project helped many people, including me, for a long time. Thank you very much, again and again.

Posted on a home built Hackintosh system, using an XxX distro.

shame but all projects are heading that way son they will be update and install disks only so everyone gets retail disks

Thats the idea: Retail disks install with boot132 ISO (or self-patched disk)... extra drivers installed afterwards. This will force people to learn the basics or perish...

Im sure not all the ISO makers share my point of view; so, noobs shouldnt worry, they will most probably still get their mega-packed-install-disk from someone else...

I have problem with installation (see screen), I try boot with "-v", "cpus=2", "-x", "-platform=apic" all combination of this symbols. So that not all, when i boot first time i click "Enter", and all was good, instalatio was start, but i must restart Laptop, next to this the instalation cant start anymore i always see this:

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/pelny/...c80d31c995.html

Any one can help me?? PLEASE !