XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

Does anybody know?

Apparently, an 8500 GT hasn't been tried by anyone reading this thread. I have a 9600 GT running fine with two DVI monitors, but that might not be of much help to you. FYI, I installed XxX 10.5.6v2 without any video drivers and added an EFI boot string with OSx86Tools after installation.

While this tip may or may not be applicable to XxX, other users have reported successes with 8500 GT and 8600 GT cards by installing iPC 10.5.6 without video drivers and then performing this manual install procedure:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1120048

When you install without any video drivers, you might be able to ignore steps 1-5.

I could not find any mention of what video outputs on the cards were used, however.

If you are successful, be sure to post a thread in the video hardware forum describing your method.

Can you help me? :(

When I boot from XxX_x86 disc for first install (with -v option), the system said "AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver failed" and then always "Waiting for root device" :gun:.

Can you show me what wrong and how can I fix this ;).

I never meet this when install iDeneb v1.4.

Thanks all. Sorry for my bad English :P

I have flashed my mainboard with "2001-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X_&_VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi" but don't work, it stop at line: "com.info.apple"/or something like this word...

P5Q Deluxe

nVidia 8800 GT - Zotac AMP! PCI-E

Q6600

2x1 HDD RAID, and 1 SATA (I've configured it like 3xSATA drives for OSX installation).

CMedia8788 audio card.

Can you help me? :(

When I boot from XxX_x86 disc for first install (with -v option), the system said "AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver failed" and then always "Waiting for root device" :(.

Can you show me what wrong and how can I fix this :(.

I never meet this when install iDeneb v1.4.

Thanks all. Sorry for my bad English :(

Not enough information.

The ISO might be corrupted, re-download, re-check MD5, re-burn

I have flashed my mainboard with "2001-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X_&_VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi" but don't work, it stop at line: "com.info.apple"/or something like this word...

P5Q Deluxe

nVidia 8800 GT - Zotac AMP! PCI-E

Q6600

2x1 HDD RAID, and 1 SATA (I've configured it like 3xSATA drives for OSX installation).

CMedia8788 audio card.

Not enough information.

'If' is "com.info.apple.boot.plist" not found means that the disk cannot be readed either because unsupported ATA-SATA controller, wrong HW configuration or bad ISO/disc.

iPC is known to work on this board.

Big thx BlackCH for the great XxX 10.5.6 final V2 PPF1 disc...

It's the ideal install DVD for a friend of mine who's going to switch to OS X on his PC...

Not enough information.

The ISO might be corrupted, re-download, re-check MD5, re-burn

Not enough information.

'If' is "com.info.apple.boot.plist" not found means that the disk cannot be readed either because unsupported ATA-SATA controller, wrong HW configuration or bad ISO/disc.

iPC is known to work on this board.

Are required particle settings? Soon I'll try to disable 2 my hdd (of 3) and I setup only the third on.

Thank you!

Hello!

Today I've tried again, disabling 2 of 3 hdd's (raid hdd's), and i kept only 1 sata hdd, in IDE and AHCI mode.

Don't boot...

10052009195.th.jpg

10052009196.th.jpg

Can help me?

P5Q Deluxe with 2001 bios modded,

nVidia 8800 GT Zotac AMP!

1x Seagate 496GB

4Gb DDR2

As far as I can tell the ISO is not booting because some sort of incompatibility with the ATA/SATA controller on your mobo. If you are using a SATA DVD drive and you have at hand a regular ATA one, try the iso on that. Other than that I cannot help much without having the actual hardware on my hands. Try to ask some of the users who have the same motherboard as you have... they should know better

@BlackCH

the video kexts for FX5*** series are not working with my FX5500 and wont got any procedure to get the QE/CI working.......but got them in my FX5200 in same release.....but with an extra nvkushcomplete package and coregraphics.framework.....

so do you have idea to how to get FX5500 QE/CI and all the resolutions working in this release.....

thanx

@BlackCH

the video kexts for FX5*** series are not working with my FX5500 and wont got any procedure to get the QE/CI working.......but got them in my FX5200 in same release.....but with an extra nvkushcomplete package and coregraphics.framework.....

so do you have idea to how to get FX5500 QE/CI and all the resolutions working in this release.....

thanx

You probably need to add your card's ID on the NVkexts plists.

But to be honest, you should update your graphic card. The other day I bought (on e-bay) a GeForce 6800GT 256 AGP + Accellero s1 cooler for my old G4. I payed only 16 eur for both items... You could even get a 7xxx series for very little money and stop wasting time trying to get unsupported hardware to work.

Hello!

Today I've tried again, disabling 2 of 3 hdd's (raid hdd's), and i kept only 1 sata hdd, in IDE and AHCI mode.

Don't boot...

10052009195.th.jpg

10052009196.th.jpg

Can help me?

P5Q Deluxe with 2001 bios modded,

nVidia 8800 GT Zotac AMP!

1x Seagate 496GB

4Gb DDR2

how about this 1702 modded BIOS? http://www.osxcores.site50.net/product-1.htm

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/user/image/p5q-asus-deluxe-1702.zip

but use with you own risk :(

CPU: E6400

GPU: HD3850

Mobo GA-EP41-UD3L

ATA Controller ICH7

SATA - disabled (dont ask why)

No Power options - couldnt work out which I might need and I'm about 10 installs along trying options! :wallbash:

Installed with base options plus HD3850, RTLx1000, ALC888_ad0 (all work fine). Gave up trying to get PS2 Keyboard to work with USB Mouse so bought a USB - PS2 adapter for keyboard.

My problem seems to be Sleep, Shutdown don't work. If I shutdown the HD is powered off but all fans still spin (inc VGA) plus the Power LED is on.

Not sure of technology terminology - I am used to Standby, Hibernate and Shutdown and OSX has Sleep and Shutdown. I'm happy to not have Standby equivalent but the others would be nice. What do I need to select? There are just too many damn options and kexts to try and I have no idea what 90% are for!!!

You probably need to add your card's ID on the NVkexts plists.

But to be honest, you should update your graphic card. The other day I bought (on e-bay) a GeForce 6800GT 256 AGP + Accellero s1 cooler for my old G4. I payed only 16 eur for both items... You could even get a 7xxx series for very little money and stop wasting time trying to get unsupported hardware to work.

i know about those new cards man......but i'm not going to give it up to this old {censored} card......<_<.....coz i cant learn the concepts from those new cards......

but i'll buy a new MOBO,processor and a PCI-e card of 1 GB next day whenever this {censored} will work

BTW i have tried editing those nvkexts plists with my ID(032610de).......

but please let me again know what kexts plists i needed to edit.....

one more thing many people says that this card is not supported.....but lots of people are using it.......so i'm not gonna give up........

plz suggest me some more tricks to get the QE/CI working...

Hello BlackCH,

I see you still follow your distribution, it's a good thing :P

I wonder if you already tried to update to 10.5.7 and if you were successful.

Thougth I'd ask you before making a mistake :P

Regards,

Naunaud.

CPU: E6400

GPU: HD3850

Mobo GA-EP41-UD3L

ATA Controller ICH7

SATA - disabled (dont ask why)

No Power options - couldnt work out which I might need and I'm about 10 installs along trying options! :)

Installed with base options plus HD3850, RTLx1000, ALC888_ad0 (all work fine). Gave up trying to get PS2 Keyboard to work with USB Mouse so bought a USB - PS2 adapter for keyboard.

My problem seems to be Sleep, Shutdown don't work. If I shutdown the HD is powered off but all fans still spin (inc VGA) plus the Power LED is on.

Not sure of technology terminology - I am used to Standby, Hibernate and Shutdown and OSX has Sleep and Shutdown. I'm happy to not have Standby equivalent but the others would be nice. What do I need to select? There are just too many damn options and kexts to try and I have no idea what 90% are for!!!

Try the OpenHaltRestart kext for proper shutdown. I don't think it can help with sleep/hibernate. You don't have to do an OS reinstall, just use OSx86Tools to install it. Below are links, although both are available options when installing this OSx86 version.

OpenHaltRestart

OSx86Tools

Always install OSx86Tools when available; it's just too useful to pass up.

Hello BlackCH,

I see you still follow your distribution, it's a good thing :P

I'm not BlackCH, but I have updated to a 9.7 kernel for a Core i7 box. The ink is barely dry on the 10.5.7 update.

BlackCH, if you do decide to release a new PPF, may I suggest including the 9.7 kernel/system kext, the latest Realtek 8111 Ethernet driver, and a legacy APIC/ACPI fix that doesn't include the old IOAHCIfamily kext. ECS Core i7 motherboard (possibly others) needs the APIC fix (along w/patched DSDT), but won't boot with such an old AHCI kext. I had to use iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 w/ cpus=1 busratio=20 boot flags, APIC fix, DSDT, and Voodoo kernel to get going, then upgraded the kernel, DSDT.aml, and Chameleon. 8 threads now working!

Nonetheless, I am following your wishes and am learning to do a retail install with Chameleon. The process has been challenging, but I am making slow, steady progress and learning all the while. Google is my friend. Peace.

I used this distro on two machines. I just updated via Apple software update to 10.5.7

Be sure you have the diabler.kext installed before doing this.

I only had to reinstall the alc885889_add2_AppleHDA audio kext. thats it!

Very nice Distro this one. installs at once without any hassle.

Sorry you don't gonna renew or maintain it. You've done realy great work!

a lot of people want to do a real vannila install with boot123 or grub... but when I read the topics and see how many problems they have I think this is by far better! And we all have the same system version and this distro haven't got me in any trouble at all.

Keep up the good work!

biggrin.gif

Hello all!

Today I've downloaded the XxX 10.5.6 distro, and the iso is successfully burned on a DVD. But when I put the DVD on the computer, it show me the Darwin boot (fine) but when I push "Enter" button, the computer restarts itself. What I have to do to see the installation process on my PC?

Thanks, and sorry for my english.. I'm just french :thumbsup_anim:

Thougth I'd ask you before making a mistake :D

Just trying to be concequent with a ISO release...even if is discontinued.

I havent tryed the update yet, but it should work fine as far as you keep AppleDecrypt (or dsmos) and CPUPManagementDisabler (or similar) in your extensions folder (or Extra/Extensions), and you backup any modified kext (network, sound, chipset, etc) you are using...

Seems that having set 'MacPro' as model can cause KPs...

See Netkas page for more details

Hello all!

Today I've downloaded the XxX 10.5.6 distro, and the iso is successfully burned on a DVD. But when I put the DVD on the computer, it show me the Darwin boot (fine) but when I push "Enter" button, the computer restarts itself. What I have to do to see the installation process on my PC?

Thanks, and sorry for my english.. I'm just french ;)

You should burn the dvd at lowest speed. Set in youre bios to boot from cd/dvd and sata to AHCI

With the DVD in your drive it should automaticly get you to the installer of osx without to have type enter or whatsoever!

If it not works tell us whta MB your on.

Good luck!