uTorrent Mac 0.90 Beta Released

derekreid

31 posts in this topic

I'm always willing to try something new, but I really like Transmission

a lot. I've never used utorrent on a pc, is there anything in it that is a

"can't live without" kind of feature that isn't present in Transmission? What

is it that people like so much about utorrent in particular?

yes it looks great but it is missing some key features

for one like download different stuff to different locations

music to music

movies to movies

it auto downloads to one folder blah needs to allow us to pick where we want to download it too

next

Have it allow us to just download parts of something yes I know i can't change that after it adds it to the client

but utorrent for windows lets you pick what you want to download before you add it to the client

I will stick with transmission until some more features get added

People please, this is still in beta stage. And even for a beta I have to say it's very nice. Low CPU and memory usage, elegant interface....

It does however feel slightly sluggish and you can't open a torrent file with it directly. I very eager to test the next version.

why does everyone keep forgetting utorrent was bought out by MPAA like organization . is internet making you stupid everyone?

Everyone here is {censored} retard to forget this

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=17278&p=1

utorrent was bought out by bittorent who itself is owned by warner brothers and mpaa affiliated organizations . Why the {censored} everyone keeps forgetting this?

why does everyone keep forgetting utorrent was bought out by MPAA like organization . is internet making you stupid everyone?

utorrent was bought out by bittorent who itself is owned by warner brothers and mpaa affiliated organizations . Why the {censored} everyone keeps forgetting this?

Because it had no effect on the client - it was a load of panic over nothing in 2006. If/when it causes the slightest change in the way uTorrent works, you can be sure the torrent community will shout very loud about it. Now stop spreading ancient hype.

I'm with Hagar...how does this affect how well the client runs in any way?

uTorrent is hands down the best torrent client for Windows, only Transmission really competes with it in my experience.

I disagree that everyone that uses uTorrent is retarded, unless you know something we don't.

No one has yet produced a TCP dump of the app sending your data to the MPAA. If there was something to be found it would have been found.

I hope they fix the problem with opening torrent if I double click a torrent it causes Finder to reset :D

It still needs a fair bit of work but it's looking good so far

No one has yet produced a TCP dump of the app sending your data to the MPAA. If there was something to be found it would have been found.

Please , someone could post more detailed info on this argument :huh: , I was pretty satisfied before reading all this scared related stuff ; now I must know if any probs exists using utorrent.

Thanks

First off... really now, there's no evidence that anyone's produced that proves it collects data. (Not to mention it's against their own written policy.)

Secondly, every time you download something via torrent, your IP is exposed to the people you're downloading from anyway... what if it's the MPAA in disguise? :(

Third... PeerGuardian much?

Enough with the conspiracy theories! :(

Reviews from people after having a chance to try it?

I'm sticking with Transmission for now myself, I'll give uTorrent another try when they improve it some more.

I'm with you there... I'll wait till it's well out of Beta, myself... and then only migrate if it really seems to offer a lot that Transmission doesn't. I'm guessing that most people who feel that it's "faster" than Transmission are comparing Transmission loaded with torrents to uTorrent with only a few. I'm quite happy with Transmission and it would take me some time to move my 1000+ active torrents to another client (since the files aren't all in one location or even all on one drive).

I am watching to see how uTorrent for Mac develops, though... nice to have some competition to keep the Transmission development team on their toes and keep different ideas incubating... I really do like Transmission and, compared to Azureus (my old client), it also has a small footprint (not that I really need to worry that much now that I'm on this kick-a$$ "Hack Pro" ;-) )