uTorrent Mac 0.90 Beta Released

derekreid

31 posts in this topic

Yes,exactly. And it will download torrents that Transmission wouldn't download at all. I'm lovin it! - no more VMWare Fusion or rebooting!

Yep, having same experiences - transmission is "doing nothing" with some torrents while uTorrent have already a few % Staying with uTorrent for now !

• 2 months later...
I'm happy using Transmission: the lightweight client that doesn't send your usage statistics to the MPAA. :D

Does utorrent do that indeed? No wonder I got warning letter from warner brother while I downloaded through university network. Or it's not the business of bt client?

Does utorrent do that indeed? No wonder I got warning letter from warner brother while I downloaded through university network. Or it's not the business of bt client?

It's not uTorrent you have to remember you are connecting to remote IP's you most likely connected to one of the MPAA's trolls. If you live in the US. you should be running Peer Guardian it will block these trolls from connecting to you but it's not a 100% but it's better then nothing.