RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

I have iAktos 10.5.5 and iDeneb 10.5.5 DVD. And my PC has

a. Motherboard- ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

b. Ram - 6gb PC6400 at 800MZ

c. Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz

d. Video - BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

e. Tv card- KWORLD PlusTV Analog Lite PCI TV Tuner Capture Card

f. Bluetooth- cirago BTA-3210 USB 2.0 Micro V2.0+EDR Bluetooth Dongle

g. Hard Drive- 320GB SATA, 120GB IED and 40GB IED

My quistions are

1. which mac should I use?

2. Shold I use SATA or IDE hard drive? I have XP on SATA and on the IED nothing.

3. Do I have to download any extea driver for anything?

4. On the configaration what should I check on?

5. If I can load mac on my PC, can I update?

If any one know any of the quistion please let me know. thank you so much.

Thank you

@robert_xes:

hi, i made what you told me, but a screen appears after, during the boot, and his is the following:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/gravoutron/Desk...556329019593042

any solution, 'cause after many weeks of tries, i'm otaly disapointed, i'd like to use OSX, but i really don't want to give up.

please help me.

i give you again my conf:

processor: E8400(3ghz)

motherboard : p5q no suffix

video card: nvidia GTX 260 (768 mb)

HD: 500 Go SATA HITACHI, seagate 1To SATA, seagate 160 Go SATA

cdrom : LG dvd-rom SATA

display : dual screen 22' x2

WIFI card : trendnet TEW-421pc

thanx.

seb

Gnaarf had the same problem. He tried this and his problem was solved

If you receive a mDNSResponder-message then try the following

sudo vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME

or

/usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME as a root

I have iAktos 10.5.5 and iDeneb 10.5.5 DVD. And my PC has

a. Motherboard- ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

b. Ram - 6gb PC6400 at 800MZ

c. Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz

d. Video - BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

e. Tv card- KWORLD PlusTV Analog Lite PCI TV Tuner Capture Card

f. Bluetooth- cirago BTA-3210 USB 2.0 Micro V2.0+EDR Bluetooth Dongle

g. Hard Drive- 320GB SATA, 120GB IED and 40GB IED

My quistions are

1. which mac should I use?

2. Shold I use SATA or IDE hard drive? I have XP on SATA and on the IED nothing.

3. Do I have to download any extea driver for anything?

4. On the configaration what should I check on?

5. If I can load mac on my PC, can I update?

If any one know any of the quistion please let me know. thank you so much.

Thank you

1. I like iDeneb.....

2. Your Motherboard is different. I had a Biostar motherboard with Nvidia 650i Chipset in that motherboard I was able to install MAC on the IDE. You have to install it on your IDE.

3. Video and Bluetooth should work, not sure about TV Tuner Card. Regarding the Sound, you need to install a driver.

4. While Installing you need to select Nvkush and 256 MB RAM for Video.

5. If you are installing iATKOS then Yes, you will be able to Update but there is a procedure. You will find this procedure while installing iATKOS.

You can find help here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=53231

@robert_xes:

thanx for your help.

should i tape this command after boot with install dvd, and use the terminal command window?

if it's the way i gotta do, can i do this even if i already installed IDENEB, just with bypass the hard drive boot, and use the install dvd?

sorry about that, but i'm not a great mac "aficionados" actually.

thanx

Has anyone else tried the boot 132 method with this MB. I did, but had no success cause of the HPET erros.

Anyway, the iDeneb version works if I don't try to change the HD icons from orange to normal. The ACHI fix will screw the installation up for some reason :S But, as always, the update process will not be as easy as it is with the retail installs ;)

@robert_xes:

thanx for your help.

should i tape this command after boot with install dvd, and use the terminal command window?

if it's the way i gotta do, can i do this even if i already installed IDENEB, just with bypass the hard drive boot, and use the install dvd?

sorry about that, but i'm not a great mac "aficionados" actually.

thanx

Yes you can, just Boot into Mac with -x or -x-F and then type this command in the terminal.

@rober_xes:

hi,

i tried your solution, but the command prompt -x-F doesn't work, the boot freeze all the time.

maybe, sorry for that, can you explain step-by-step.

that's amazing, 'cause i get the same config of you, but the graphic card, and it doesn't work easily.

it worked for you, why no for me?

thanx

@rober_xes:

hi,

i tried your solution, but the command prompt -x-F doesn't work, the boot freeze all the time.

that's amazing, 'cause i get the same config of you, but the graphic card, and it doesn't work easily.

thanx

I think you need to ask Gnaarf or PM him. He is the one who did it he had the same problem. I just gave him this link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=624596

Click Here to see Gnaarf's Post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1014965

@rober_xes:

hi,

thanx

So have you tried to Boot with "-x -v"? If yes, tell us the last message you get.

I just booted with -x, logged in and typed "sudo vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME" into the terminal. That worked for me.

I'm having a weird problem that I hope one of you guys can shed some light on. I seem to be unable to find the right string to search for to find an answer in the forums.

I make it through the install fine and boot into OSX. Once i get to the screen where you can transfer files from an older mac the registration stuff crashes and starts over. ( Screens are something like, Pick Country -> Pick Keyboard Layout -> "Do you already own a mac?")

Once I click continue the whole process starts over.

I have made it through a successful install with iDeneb 1.3, JaS10.5.4, and iATKOS as well. They all do the same thing at the same place. I can't figure out what's going on.

I have a P5Q with 4GB RAM and a 7600GT video card. SATA HD and SATA DVD-ROM.

I'm using the modded 1611 BIOS by Juzzi, set to AHCI, disabled lan and marvell controller, setNVInject in installer plus MacPro SMBIOS, tried to repair permissions after the install and also tried to boot with -x after install finishes.

I always get stuck on that "Do you already own a mac" screen. Anyone seen this before? My searches on google led me to some problems people had during update processes.

I'm sooo close! Any help is appreciated!

I'm having a weird problem that I hope one of you guys can shed some light on. I seem to be unable to find the right string to search for to find an answer in the forums.

I make it through the install fine and boot into OSX. Once i get to the screen where you can transfer files from an older mac the registration stuff crashes and starts over. ( Screens are something like, Pick Country -> Pick Keyboard Layout -> "Do you already own a mac?")

I have made it through a successful install with iDeneb 1.3, JaS10.5.4, and iATKOS as well. They all do the same thing at the same place. I can't figure out what's going on.

I have a P5Q with 4GB RAM and a 7600GT video card. SATA HD and SATA DVD-ROM.

I'm using the modded 1611 BIOS by Juzzi, set to AHCI, disabled lan and marvell controller, setNVInject in installer plus MacPro SMBIOS, tried to repair permissions after the install and also tried to boot with -x after install finishes.

I always get stuck on that "Do you already own a mac" screen. Anyone seen this before? My searches on google led me to some problems people had during update processes.

I'm sooo close! Any help is appreciated!

Enable the Firewire in the Bios and this should resolve the issue for you.

This is weird:

My cousin's hack won't run any games I transferred to it. We used iChat to transfer WoW and COD4 in our LAN. Both WoW and COD appear on the dock for a split second and then disappear. I tried installing the rosetta translate fix -thing, which has worked on all other hacks, but it just screwed up this particular hack's sleep and shut down and did nothing else ;)

Any ideas about what's going on? We will try to install Wolfenstein Enemy Territory next with installer packages and see if that will work.

Reboot in single user mode -s

Enter the following:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

#Enter your password#

touch /Volumes/yourpartitionname/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

You may need to reboot in safe mode -x

Enter as root. You can create users later.

hi,

i go a problem after the installation.

during the boot, i get this message:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/gravoutron/2008...896667404192754

i tried every commands like -v -x -f -s.

if someone has a solution to fix it, it should be great.

thanx.

@ TADPOLE:

hi, i tried your commands, but it tells me that the file is in read only mode.

i couldn't change the access to my partition.

do yoiu have a solution?

hi,

i go a problem after the installation.

during the boot, i get this message:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/gravoutron/2008...896667404192754

i tried every commands like -v -x -f -s.

if someone has a solution to fix it, it should be great.

thanx.

@ TADPOLE:

hi, i tried your commands, but it tells me that the file is in read only mode.

i couldn't change the access to my partition.

do yoiu have a solution?

Try this, I had the same Problem but now it is solved.

Type -x -F and then boot

Earlier I told you to boot with -x-F without space that was wrong. So now try -x -F and it should work. Once you are able to login immediately install all the drivers needed (Especially the Lan Driver) and then reboot. Once you are able to login you can try sudo vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME

I think this might also be because of improper Graphics driver. Hence if possible try to install a different graphics driver

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL ASUS P5Q USERS

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED MAC OS X RETAIL 10.5.4 ON MY SYSTEM AND UPDATED IT TO MAC OSX 10.5.5 AND THEN TO 10.5.6.

I AM PREPARING THE PROCEDURE OF THE INSTALLATION AND THE STEPS WHICH NEEDS TO BE DONE. I WILL BE POSTING IT TODAY IF POSSIBLE OR TOMORROW DEFINATELY. AS TODAY IS NEW YEAR THIS WILL BE MY NEW YEAR GIFT TO ALL ASUS P5Q USERS.

I AM GOING TO CHURCH NOW......WILL BE UPDATING THE POST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...........

NOW THAT I HAVE INSTALLED RETAIL ONCE I NEED TO INSTALL IT ONCE AGAIN TO GET ALL THE SCREEN SHOT AND THE STEPS.....ONCE IT IS DONE I WILL POST IT....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

That sounds great. I always wanted to install Retail to have the full control about what is installed. Until now I just wasn't sure how to do it with the P5Q.

I think it would be better if you make a new post. So that everyone can see it.

Thanks!

Greetings dawiinci

That sounds great. I always wanted to install Retail to have the full control about what is installed. Until now I just wasn't sure how to do it with the P5Q.

I think it would be better if you make a new post. So that everyone can see it.

Thanks!

Greetings dawiinci

Please Vote.......I have started a new Poll for that ......

MAC OS X Leopard Retail on

ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO :D:(:(;);)

One Month of Hard Work

Click Here

I thank you all who encouraged me to do this..............

I have worked very hard on this post.........It took me the whole day to type and verify the post....And a week to get all the files needed and a month for the experiments and the failures. But Like I always say.........Nothing is Impossible and Don't Give Up..............

Try this, I had the same Problem but now it is solved.

Type -x -F and then boot

Earlier I told you to boot with -x-F without space that was wrong. So now try -x -F and it should work. Once you are able to login immediately install all the drivers needed (Especially the Lan Driver) and then reboot. Once you are able to login you can try sudo vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME

I think this might also be because of improper Graphics driver. Hence if possible try to install a different graphics driver

first, happy new year.

about OSX, even with the commands you gave me, it doesn't work, dns responder error, or i o a grey screen wih messaage that tells me to reboot he machine and push my restart button, .....

i beginning to believe that something is impossible, at list on my computer.

i don't know what i gota do after that.

and for the drivers i got to choose at the install, i really don't know which one i have to, for eminder, my video card is an nvidia gtx260.

please, any solution??????????

thanx.