Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

Well, thank to you, i've done it! Mr. Robert_xes =)

P5Q (no suffix)

E8400@3ghz

2X1 Go

Nvidia 8800GT 512Mo (with EFI Studio >> only 256Mo OOB)

Lan >> TP-Link TG3269 works OOB too...

I think i've wait enough for the new mac mini... seeing rumors today (new mac mini with 9400M from macbook) I have really no regrets ;)

Nice guide

Bye and one more time, thx ^^

Well, thank to you, i've done it! Mr. Robert_xes =)

P5Q (no suffix)

E8400@3ghz

2X1 Go

Nvidia 8800GT 512Mo (with EFI Studio >> only 256Mo OOB)

Lan >> TP-Link TG3269 works OOB too...

I think i've wait enough for the new mac mini... seeing rumors today (new mac mini with 9400M from macbook) I have really no regrets :)

Nice guide

Bye and one more time, thx ^^

Congrats.........

So robert, you managed to update to 10.5.6, right? And you got a problem with the CPU clock showing incorrectly? Was that due to the update, or was it like that before? Just checkin...

And did you update directly from apple, or did you download the combo update and mod it somehow?

So robert, you managed to update to 10.5.6, right? And you got a problem with the CPU clock showing incorrectly? Was that due to the update, or was it like that before? Just checkin...

And did you update directly from apple, or did you download the combo update and mod it somehow?

I downloaded the normal update from this link

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10_5_6_Update.

I removed AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and then installed the update. After the installation I logged in with -x-F command.

Again tried to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext but this time since my PS2 keyboard was not working so I used a virtual keyboard software to enter the password and removed the kext. Then restarted the PC

My mouse was working fine as it is a USB Mouse. I installed ApplePS2Controller.kext and then restarted the PC and keyboard worked.

You also need to reinstall the AppleVIAATA.kext and the sound drivers once again. Also below is the kext that I used to get my keyboard working

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

The CPU Clock showing incorrectly in 'About this Mac' occurred after the 10.5.6 Update, but the system is stable.

I have to say thanks, and idk if this has been mentioned or not, but make sure you have a sata dvd drive if not buy a converter of ebay or sumwhere because when I didnt have one I kept getting the "waiting for root device" error. Thanks for telling me abouit permissions from iAtkos i was wondering why it wasnt working. Great post for teh Regular P5Q

I have to say thanks, and idk if this has been mentioned or not, but make sure you have a sata dvd drive if not buy a converter of ebay or sumwhere because when I didnt have one I kept getting the "waiting for root device" error. Thanks for telling me abouit permissions from iAtkos i was wondering why it wasnt working. Great post for teh Regular P5Q

Congrats..............

Also thanks for the information regarding the IDE DVD Drive.....

I will update the post

I removed AppleIntelPowermanagement.kext and then installed the update. After the installation I logged in with -x-F command.

Again tried to remove the AppleIntelPowermanagement.kext but this time since my PS2 keyboard was not working so I used a virtual keyboard software to enter the password and removed the kext. Then restarted the PC

My mouse was working fine as it is a USB Mouse. I installed ApplePS2.kext and then restarted the PC and keyboard worked.

The CPU Clock showing incorrectly in 'About this Mac' occurred after the 10.5.6 Update, but the system is stable.

That sounds easy enough even for me :( It is safe to say that iDeneb 10.5.5 can be updated. My friend will be grateful.

I'm experiencing for the first time, some problem with halt/restart, it stops with AC power supply ON and with everything else OFF (disks cpu?)

Installing the halt/restart kext I solve it, do you know what exactly this kext do?

Is there a way to solve the problem without applying the halt/restart kext?

I'm experiencing for the first time, some problem with halt/restart, it stops with AC power supply ON and with everything else OFF (disks cpu?)

Installing the halt/restart kext I solve it, do you know what exactly this kext do?

Is there a way to solve the problem without applying the halt/restart kext?

Here is the information for you

http://store.psystar.com/opensource/openhaltrestart

Hey I forgot to mention, I could not install it with iAtkos, when it booted up in -v it coulndt find som ahic driver or something like that, I had to use Kalyway 10.5.2 agian same rules with the sata dvd drive but ti worked, and i got sound and everything working

Hey I forgot to mention, I could not install it with iAtkos, when it booted up in -v it coulndt find som ahic driver or something like that, I had to use Kalyway 10.5.2 agian same rules with the sata dvd drive but ti worked, and i got sound and everything working

ok....But I had iATkos working on my System.... But Kalyway 10.5.2 was not even going through to the Installation window

Are you able to login to Win XP. If you are able to do that then follow the steps given in Post #1

I can boot into XP, and I added tboot, and I get the boot menu, but it says no HFS partition found. My XP is on a SATA drive, and OSX is on an IDE. Could that be a problem? I don't like messing with partitions, I have enough hard drives that I want to keep my partitions separate. I'm using the iDeneb release. Thanks!

I can boot into XP, and I added tboot, and I get the boot menu, but it says no HFS partition found. My XP is on a SATA drive, and OSX is on an IDE. Could that be a problem? I don't like messing with partitions, I have enough hard drives that I want to keep my partitions separate. I'm using the iDeneb release. Thanks!

I think the Mac OSX partition is not active... You need to set the partition as active....

Besides I am not sure if OSX will boot if it is installed in IDE that also if you are having ASUS P5Q.

These new(ish) motherboards don't work well with IDE HDs, or IDE drives in general. Your best option would be to buy a SATA HD and work from there.

The only reason that took me long to post this particular thread is because of the IDE. Earlier I only had IDE HDD, I was searching the web for installing OSX on IDE but no use. The reason for that was because earlier I had Biostar Nvidia Geforce 7050 motherborad in which I was able to install the Mac OSX on IDE.

Well I just spend a few hours reinstalling my box from scratch, because the 10.5.6 upgrade trashed my box...

I had a working iAtkos 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5, before trying to upgrade to 10.5.6.

When I used the combo update, it froze around 16% with a crash screen.

On reboot, it just sits there and cannot startup. -v doesn't give much details.

I reproduced this consistently, with a fresh install of iAtkos: after the combo update to 10.5.6 it trashes the machine.

I suspect this is due to the disks I have on the Marvell SATA controller, but I'm not sure I want to retry the upgrade and waste another afternoon again... :D

Right now, I'm back to 10.5.4.

Config:

Asus P5Q

6 HD + 1 DVD drive on SATA ports

Realtek ethernet card

nVidia PCI-E video card

External USB sound card

Well I just spend a few hours reinstalling my box from scratch, because the 10.5.6 upgrade trashed my box...

I had a working iAtkos 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5, before trying to upgrade to 10.5.6.

When I used the combo update, it froze around 16% with a crash screen.

On reboot, it just sits there and cannot startup. -v doesn't give much details.

I reproduced this consistently, with a fresh install of iAtkos: after the combo update to 10.5.6 it trashes the machine.

I suspect this is due to the disks I have on the Marvell SATA controller, but I'm not sure I want to retry the upgrade and waste another afternoon again... :D

Right now, I'm back to 10.5.4.

Config:

Asus P5Q

6 HD + 1 DVD drive on SATA ports

Realtek ethernet card

nVidia PCI-E video card

External USB sound card

Dont giveup man...... Nothing is Impossible

I had the same problem, Here is the solution....This happens because of AppleIntelPowermanagement.kext

I booted the system with -x-F

Since you are having 10.5.4 you need to download the Combo Update

I removed AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and then installed the update. After the installation I logged in with -x-F command.

Again tried to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext but this time since my PS2 keyboard was not working so I used a virtual keyboard software to enter the password and removed the kext. Then restarted the PC normally

My mouse was working fine as it is a USB Mouse. I installed ApplePS2Controller.kext and then restarted the PC and keyboard worked.

You also need to reinstall the AppleVIAATA.kext and the sound drivers once again. Also below is the kext that I used to get my keyboard working ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Yes it is IDE. I've had OSX86 work on an IDE drive on another system, but it doesn't work on P5Q? Hmmm.... it seemed to install OK. I guess my hopes are dashed for now, until I get another SATA drive. Thanks for the help...

You can also buy a IDE to SATA convertor which will resolve your issue.... You can buy that fom eBay

My audio is ALC1200 its work some what because it make funny noises but if i move my mouse really fast it will play thin right can anyone help me please my mobo in ASUS M3A78-EM running iDeneb v1.3 spec's

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 4

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 MON CX16 POPCNT

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.88Z.EFI.V80.061193037 (American Megatrends Inc.)

its almost as if it were echoing it

Damn now i have installed mac os x 10.5.5 the iDeneb version, all was fine i insert one 3Com Network card is working fine to!

now how can i find out if my CPU on 1 or 2 cores working ? (i installed the Vanilla kernel 9.5.0)

all other hardware working fine without problems and the LG IDE DVD-RAM working fine to!

ASUS P5Q(1611 MAC OS MODDED BIOS) work!

KINGSTON 4 GB DDR II 800 MHZ RAM work!

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8400 2 x 3 Ghz work!

GeFORCE 8800 GT 512 MB RAM FULL work!

SAMSUNG 500 GB SATA II (with Vista and mac os x 10.5.5)

Im happy :) BIG THX!

See "About This Mac" in the "Apple menu" and select the more info option. There the first information you see should contain the info about the cores.

For example from my Mac Pro:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

L2 Cache: 12 MB

Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Hope this helps.

See "About This Mac" in the "Apple menu" and select the more info option. There the first information you see should contain the info about the cores.

For example from my Mac Pro:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

L2 Cache: 12 MB

Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Hope this helps.

LOL thx i seen this screen so many times and never really seen there is the info of cores :D lol thx again OMG i think i have tomatos on my eyes :)