Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

I noted one thing on the error message that you posted, Nvkush is not detecting your Graphics Card.

Try selecting other options in Graphics and see....

If that is not working then try to install iAktos 10.5.5......

thanks! I'l try.

I installed XxX_10.5.5_Beta1_PPF1 and it worked fine. How do I get internet running and where do I get drivers?

Intel E8400

GeForce 9800GT

P5Q

Until now there has been no drivers for the ASUS P5Q LAN. It is recommended to purchase Realtek 3189 and forget about the drivers for it - forever. MAC OS X, Windows, Linux, BSD install the driver automatically, the network is, at once, you never need to think about drivers for the network. (Attention: Buy only REALTEK 3189 (incl. REALTEK 3189C; REALTEK 3189D) - the price of the old $2, price of the new $5, Also Realtek there is 1000 Megabit - e.g. Realtek 8169 (Drivers also it installs at once, works well)

OK, so i just remove AppleIntelPowermanagement.kext from the delta update and install, then I'm fine ? Do I need to remove other kexts or something?

I removed the kext AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext from the Extention folder in the System. I did not remove any other kext

Man I'm confused, are you talking about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ?? And how do you remove files in pacifist? I can't seems to find how to do this...

Yes.......You just need to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the Extention folder on your Hard Drive where you have installed you MAC and not from the Update file.

You can also take a look at Marionez post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1003766

What's the model of your motherboard?

@RoberT_XeS> Do you know any way to fix "About this Mac" without editing the content?

My motherboard Model is ASUS P5Q. Just P5Q no Suffix included....

The problem is when we update the system manually.

I have not yet figured out a way to fix that,

I chose the alternate way, I installed iATKOS 5i and then updated my system using Software Update and now I am having no problem with the display of CPU clock and the system is stable.

That question was for jw666 actually ;)

I think I'll stay with iDeneb, the About this Mac issue is just cosmetic anyway :D

Ok....

I am going to try the Retail OS X for ASUS P5Q. I am downloading the Retail version now.... My Internet connection is not that good, so I think it will take a while. I will post it if I am successful.... Wish me Luck....Thanks

i have a ati2600 and thats what it shows up as in osx as well so dont think its that

Try this one

Open Disk Utility, select the drive in which you have installed the Mac OS X. Now click on Verify Permission and then once it is done click on Repair Permission. Let me know if it works

I ran into a little problem today, my DVD Burner is acting all weird. It's not recognized as a burner by Toast and when I put a CD/DVD in it works but if I try to eject it get stuck. It wont eject and I have to reboot to get the CD/DVD back. Anyone ran into this before on 10.5? (there was a PatchBurn for that on 10.4 but it doesn't exist for 10.5)