HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

On capture my override profile is gone (In theory). Now, type this command for delete all profiles .icc to depurate his folder:

sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/*.icc (press enter) --- (pass) --- (enter). Restart the system.

Note: Has another way by deleting the files from windows with macdrive (win7 version in your case).

This is seems to be spooky! Just run your command and rebooted into windows view with macdrive I cant se any icc file nither the override, bott into SL again and the file is back. Could this be my dsdt.aml?

Here is it.

dsdt.aml.zip

Definitely NOT, you attached (unnecessarily) my dsdt for 6820s/6720s again... That was incompressible... sorry!

Please upload into .zip one capture of your system preferences (display) --- (color), also capture from your system profile (graphics/display)... and the .icc profile itself (recreated).

P.D. Look your Boot ROM-version in Graphics/Display on System Profile, so instead IM91.blablabla, you should use this from smbios.plist:

SMbiosversion

MB32.88Z.008E.B02.0803051832

Note: Where, MB32 = MacBook3,2

I think I got it! Maybe you erased by error the override folder which "your own display" depend natively. Specifically Im talking of the folder "DisplayVendorID-4c2d", so I have this folder, and you NOT have it right? By default you should have eleven (11) folders on "Overrides"... so, its attached... you need to copy it to "Overrides" folder. Then, delete the actual profile (.icc), restart and please tell me other history.

From terminal you can copy (cp) that folder (-r), for example if you place it (DisplayVendorID-4c2d) in the Desktop, but please try to understand what are you doing and don't forget "replace by your username" instead "juanerson", so the command line is:

sudo cp -r /Users/juanerson/Desktop/DisplayVendorID-4c2d /System/Library/Displays/Overrides (enter -- pass -- enter)

I think I got it! Maybe you erased by error the override folder which "your own display" depend natively. Specifically Im talking of the folder "DisplayVendorID-4c2d", so I have this folder, and you NOT have it right? By default you should have eleven (11) folders on "Overrides"... so, its attached... you need to copy it to "Overrides" folder. Then, delete the actual profile (.icc), restart and please tell me other history.

From terminal you can copy (cp) that folder (-r), for example if you place it (DisplayVendorID-4c2d) in the Desktop, but please try to understand what are you doing and don't forget "replace by your username" instead "juanerson", so the command line is:

sudo cp -r /Users/juanerson/Desktop/DisplayVendorID-4c2d /System/Library/Displays/Overrides (enter -- pass -- enter)

Just did it and look the icc file is back again. :gun:

post-21176-1285676315_thumb.png

My last attempt. On capture I see two Alias on /Library/ColorSync/Profiles, which I haven't: 1) Profiles and 2) Recommended. So, those Alias (to folders) from where did coming? Are you tried repairing from ColorSync utility?. Thats it... Sorry.

These alias are created automatically by OS X. Note that recommended is the display's recommended (incorporated) ColorSync Display.

You're given the choice to change it because each LCD screen is unique, so that it might differ from the generic one.

PD: I tested IW3945 on 10.6.4. It's the first time i got it working, seems that 10.6.4 it's not bad at all :(.

When i've got time i'll check out this method to override display. I guessed it was that but never though that Intel drivers would so kindly ignore DSDT.

PD: Note that, although it's on MacBook DSDT, it also gets ignored.

My last attempt. On capture I see two Alias on /Library/ColorSync/Profiles, which I haven't: 1) Profiles and 2) Recommended. So, those Alias (to folders) from where did coming? Are you tried repairing from ColorSync utility?. Thats it... Sorry.

Thank you very much you hav been a grate help. Regarding the aliases I allready delete the all but no changes at all. As is fact deleted the hole override and profile folders, I try to play around with it and se what is hapening. Anyway just to let you know that if I login as guest account the problem is gone. Maybe there is somthing todo with the user account. I try to delete mine and create a new one then let you know.

Edit: Just reinstalled 10.6.4 update and the problem is gone. Maybe that your override file affected the intel graphic driver in some way! I i dont know. Thanks any way for your help you have been so kind.

Sorry to break in to thread, but seeing the talk about ICC profiles, I could not resist.

Default calibration is horrible. So after a few trials, I made a nice ICC profile for my 6720s (which has a Samsung LCD). This also got rid of the purplish tint in menu items (some of you will know what I am talking about).

So I want to share it with the thread community.

Can be put in (user or root)/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Please tell how it looks on your HP.

Best regards.

http://rapidshare.com/files/423838733/Supe...5082010.icc.zip

or

SuperCal_Calibrated_05082010.icc.zip

Guys what you think about this recent update applied to models since MacBook3,1? MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.4

What do you mean by this? The update can only be applied to real Macbook and all it fixes is charging the battery, so nothing to do with the display / Intel Drivers. I think new driver would be needed for mirror and brightness, could not get any progress on this issue, also Flash Hardware Acceleration is very bad I'm sure the X3100 could do better.

What do you mean by this? The update can only be applied to real Macbook and all it fixes is charging the battery, so nothing to do with the display / Intel Drivers. I think new driver would be needed for mirror and brightness, could not get any progress on this issue, also Flash Hardware Acceleration is very bad I'm sure the X3100 could do better.

I have to respond? Fine, I believe that something is wrong with you, because definitely you can't see more than is obvious... about real MB and battery blablabla, of course we all know that. But come on! do you know how many time spent since last "firmware update" to 2007-2008 MB and MBP models? For me, its almost clear, final 10.6.5 coming very soon and will give "changes" for that models, I meant "our" laptops... The needed Graphics drivers (x3100) developments? I don't know... Probably YES... because we know for sure than would be betters of course.

@mikeutter, please take a look the attached, its for our T5470 perfect undervolted, and include IDA for better performance.

EDITED: Uploaded dsdt which Im using for my 6720s with T5470 processor (Only), because have custom undervolted p-states. Note that about those voltages (in my signature you have it) and temperature... mine reporting up to 62C (top) on hard work, even looking flashplayer videos, and even using windows xp on VMwareFusion3.0 (configuring to use only one core)... so, my fan never cross 65% (second fan speed between 61C - 70C)... accord to default fan speed settings. The max temp reported is 72C on CPU intensive test (both cores) about 30 min, and the fan running at 80% (third speed). I get -10C than using factory voltages! (idle is normal, about 44-50C). I hope this helps for reference. I deleted the previous attached. Cheers.

I think you got me wrong. I said i made some tests with X3100 Override and did not manage to get improvement on mirror function or brightness control. Nothing more to complain about. What does Flash Videos have to do with FAN and CPU P-State? Nothing i think.

I don't think the firmeware update has something to do with the X3100 or 10.6.5, they clearly say it fixes the Poweradapter problem. No need for new SMC Firmeware to support 10.6.5. New drivers...maybe because the mirror also fails sometimes on real macbooks.

Also I just said that flash support is rather bad at the moment. Nothing to do with battery or power management. They included Hardware Acceleration for X3100 but for me HD Video is much more fluid when using CPU rendering on X3100. (HW Acc turned off in Flash Player Settings) this is confirmed for 4 individual X3100 Notebooks. So i don't know how you can say it is flawless for your Hackbook. At least Youtube HD+Flash = low Framerate. Or do you use the new flash square beta??

10.6.5 features ExFat, so there is something new. Furthermore it is still Beta no GM yet...or did i miss something.

10.6.5 features ExFat, so there is something new. Furthermore it is still Beta no GM yet...or did i miss something.

Well, nothing new in terms of compatibility/hardware support for our laptops. None that I have noticed

@juanerson

Veo que estas usando chameleon 2.0 RC5, puedes bootear en 1280x800 con ese?

yo aun sigo usando el boot de prasys, estas ultimas versiones de chameleon no las he probado aun...

Saludos cordiales BlackCH, Chameleon RC5 es excelente, sin embargo no carga en 1280x800... Por cierto, dime algo probaste lo del EDID override de CharredPC para lo del control de brillo? Pues "alguien" en su momento lo planteó como "the proper solution", sin evidentemente y comprobado haberlo intentado antes. En mi caso aunque creo no necesitarlo, sin embargo sigo usando el perfil resultante. Otra cosa, quizás también pueda interesarte la última parte que edité acá. Saludos.

Por cierto, dime algo probaste lo del EDID override de CharredPC para lo del control de brillo? Pues "alguien" en su momento lo planteó como "the proper solution", sin evidentemente y comprobado haberlo intentado antes. En mi caso aunque creo no necesitarlo, sin embargo sigo usando el perfil resultante. Otra cosa, quizás también pueda interesarte la última parte que edité acá. Saludos.

No lo he probado. El EDID que OSX lee por defecto en nuestras maquinas, es el correcto (aunque no 100% compatible en mi caso), pues es el mismo valor que obtienes en windows.

No veo sentido en inyectar el mismo EDID via override, ya que la pantalla se comportara de la misma manera. Segun lo que entiendo, el metodo del override es para maquinas donde OSX no consigue leer el EDID por alguna razon.

Mas sentido tendria (aunque no se si es posible) crear un nuevo EDID que sea mas compatible con OSX e inyectarlo via override...

De momento la solucion mas concreta que veo para el control de brillo es cambiar la pantalla por una brightview, como la que tienes tu

Hello friends,

i'm really new to this. I would like to give my old laptop (hp/compaq 6720s equipped with a Celeron D) a new life, by installing snow leopard! :)

I have one problem tough...... I don't know where to start :(

I red the 1st post of this thread but I dont understand much... so I hope someone can guide me thru this procedure. There's not a Step-By-Step guide, where should I find it?

But first i have one important question:

to make the whole install, is it stricktly required to have already a working system with Snow Leopard? Because I have only pc's... with windows... thats all :(

please let me know, thanks!

lalya

this should only be a short guide to start, this is the way i started...you need to google for some steps...

if you have nothing, you need at least a second hard disc drive on usb. At least this is the way i started.

you need a working installation first. No need for drivers or so on this installation but at least a booted system.

You best start would be an iDeneb iAtkos or similar to have a bootable system fast.

Install this to an empty drive, those installations work, but ar not as stable as a clean vanilla Snow Leopard installation. So don't think if you have something running you can rely on this, continue to have a vanilla system (Installed from Disc System). Just use iAtkos or what so ever as a start. You need PS2 Driver, so don't forget to hit Customize during installation.

Prepare your second (internal) drive.

Make a GUID Partition Table in Disc Utility and launch the install process from original DVD (console comand needed) Use any guide for this explaining how to install vanilla.

Don't reboot yet.

Install Chameleon boot loader on the drive.

Don't reboot yet

Copy Kexts, DSDT from start topic to the Extra folder on the new disc.

add x32 to kernelflags on com.apple.boot.plist

Cross fingers and reboot.

Immediately after boot use Kext utilty to repair permission and make Kext Cache.

You may need a usb Keyboard/Mouse if you forgot the voodoops2 kext. If screen is black boot in safe mode...use guide to get EDID profile. Use DSDT hack to enable DUAL LINK option.