HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

I don't get the point about speedstep.

I don't have any kext for speedstep in my /E or /S/L/E folder just fakesmc. I attached the screenshot.

Also Coolbook works like on mac on the 6710b with T7500 CPU but on the other HP6010b it only gives two steps (1200 and 2500) I guess it is because the T9300 CPU is not in Macbooks.

Thank you for fixing my dsdt vanilla. Now i can get on fixing.

Enrico. Using your kext and DSDT does not give me any different behaviour.

Using AppleThermal.kext gives 100% Fan speed after boot. I think the problem is that it doesnt have the right thermal zones.

Why MacBookProX,X on profile (smbios)? MBP have NVIDIA GRAPHICS! Its my last attempt to help you, I promise. Bye.

I do not understand why when I boot with the bootcd everything works well, whereas if I use the bootloader to install by HP6720s_Installer, USB ports do not work.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance :whistle:

You need put (copy) the dsdt.aml (inside BlackCH boot disc) on root directory / or /Extra. Our USB ports not working out of the box (bad bios structure)... thats why its needed the dsdt.aml, for wake up our USB and proper functionality.

EDIT: Now you can use my last dsdt.aml from this post. Its more standardized for 6820s users. Good Luck.

You need put (copy) the dsdt.aml (inside BlackCH boot disc) on root directory / or /Extra. Our USB ports not working out of the box (bad bios structure)... thats why its needed the dsdt.aml, for wake up our USB and proper functionality.

I replace with that of DSDT.aml blackCH boot disc, but nothing has changed.

I then try with the files "com.apple.boot.plist", "DSDT.aml", "Extensions.mkext" and "smbios.plist" of preboot.dmg ... it's worse, I lost the trackpad more ...

I am a bit lost, these configuration files bootloader are they the same as the BlackCH boot disc ?

Why MacBookProX,X on profile (smbios)? MBP have NVIDIA GRAPHICS! Its my last attempt to help you, I promise. Bye.

I don't care about graphics at the moment because the x3100 works great. The only issue is brightness and mirror. But any of the fixes helps for this.

But hey thanks for the tip using MacBookPro4,1 on the smbios gives me full native support for speedstep, also coolbook now adjusts the speed and voltage and also works after sleep now on my T9300 CPU. Mac Book Pro have this CPU. Macbooks don't have it. This may be the cpu issue after wake up.

I still have problems with the FAN on this cpu. On the other 6710b with 7xxx CPU the AppleACPIThermal.kext does work good. But on 9xxx CPU it gives full fan speed and notebook goes to sleep without request. I guess this kext is rather old. I read it is from Tiger. Is there no better Fan solution available? DSTD Level??

EDIT: Now you can use my last dsdt.aml from this post. Its more standardized for 6820s users. Good Luck.

I just tried this for DSDT.aml 6820s, but unfortunately, still no USB ... I compared with the DSDT.aml from BlackCH boot cd, many things look different, but I do not understand much.

Anyway, thank you for the help ;)

I just tried this for DSDT.aml 6820s, but unfortunately, still no USB ... I compared with the DSDT.aml from BlackCH boot cd, many things look different, but I do not understand much.

First of all You need to read the post! Then, I almost sure your bootloader has incorrectly installed (on S.L. partition). Do this:

- save your /Extra folder (in the desktop for example)

- install chameleon RC5 518 (pkg by iFabio from my signature)

- when return to session, put back all your toys (/Extensions) inside the new /Extra folder, including dsdt.aml (mine for 6820s), smbios.plist and com.Apple.Boot,plist (need permissions)

- Rebuilt the Extensions.mkext (cache on /Extra) by dropping the /Extra/Extensions folder to kextutility.app (version 2.4.2 by cVaD)... For your information, Extensions.mkext (/Extra) its necessary for load the trackpad for example. This cache file need to be rebuild any time you touch the /Extra folder (including all inside).

- Reboot, and please tell me other history... Sorry but I dont know why you are so lost? With all the data we have posted here.

First of all You need to read the post! Then, I almost sure your bootloader has incorrectly installed (on S.L. partition). Do this:

- save your /Extra folder (in the desktop for example)

- install chameleon RC5 518 (pkg by iFabio from my signature)

- when return to session, put back all your toys (/Extensions) inside the new /Extra folder, including dsdt.aml (mine for 6820s), smbios.plist and com.Apple.Boot,plist (need permissions)

- Rebuilt the Extensions.mkext (cache on /Extra) by dropping the /Extra/Extensions folder to kextutility.app (version 2.4.2 by cVaD)... For your information, Extensions.mkext (/Extra) its necessary for load the trackpad for example. This cache file need to be rebuild any time you touch the /Extra folder (including all inside).

- Reboot, and please tell me other history... Sorry but I dont know why you are so lost? With all the data we have posted here.

I was quite lost because I am a little French frog :( , It's sometimes not easy to understand everything :).

I did not realize that I needed to rebuild Extensions.mkext each time. But thank you very much for taking the time to explain me how to !!!

My 6820s work perfectly !

I am a happy man :D

Success for FAN. Thank you Juanerson for the clean dsdt.

Now FAN works after sleep with the DSDT from juanerson and my fixes applied.

Still not perfect (Fan stops like on battery but goes on when cpu gets hot)

Would be better if FAN keeps spining constantly.

I still need some more fixes...so not perfect yet...

ACPIThermal.kext still gives crash or full FAN Speed on 2,5Ghz CPU.

2,2Ghz Model is working.

We noticed a new problem on an other 6710b Notebook.

It has a different EDID Number, but also 1620x1050 resolution.

The problem is as follows: System works fine with as on the other 6710b. When we power off the system and leave it for ~ 2-3 min off then power it on it will show black screen on boot (like if the Dual Link entry is missing) but dsdt definately loaded.

To fix the problem temporarly:

Solution 1: Change some settings in Bios, and system boots fine.

Solution 2: Boot safe mode, then restart (not power off)

So i think it is a bios problem (flashed latest F16 bios also tryed F15 but no difference)

The problem only happens on this system not on the other. Tried also the good old Bios Reset Fix.

Here is the respective line in the DSDT (before):

Device (RTC)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

IO (Decode16,

0x0072, // Range Minimum

0x0072, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

})

}

and after my fix:

Device (RTC)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

})

}

But this fix does not help. I think it screws up the Bios some how but don't know what to do solve the problem. Injecting the EDID and all the other stuff (like you did for GFX) did not solve the problem.

Of course the system is clean installed 10.6.4 and boots fine in 100% of the cases on the other 6710b

EDIT: Also changed Bios Batterie to a brand new one. Swaped RAM with the working Notebook, no difference.

I reply to this because i found the proper solution:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208410

It will fix any screenproblems...

Also gives explaination why the DSDT Values on Backlight will not be accepted. The driver loads those settings after the boot and thus the DSDT information has changed, or is invalid.

We should try to use display override to fix backlight.

Worked here (the proofs are attached ONLY FOR REFERENCE)... So, we did know in prior pages about that thread by CharredPC, but I think anybody in this current topic applied that fix. Now I can confirm that the display EDID override seems to be a excellent alternative to go. I followed the instructions, just I omitted the step 6 from the part A... and all looks as should be. Unfortunately I can't test if this can solve brightness problems, because my glossy lcd (backlight) works OOTB (w/o issues at all) since Leopard just with PNLF addition to DSDT. Nevertheless, I can say after applied the fix I got better quality of the image colors with the new profile created. Recommended. Good Luck.

Note: Once applied the CharredPC solution for test (we need testers), would be interesting to know which part of dsdt injection (Method _DSM, 4) its still needed by GFX0 device? Or if any GFX dsdt patch is needed anymore?

EDITED: My Monitor info:

Manufacturer/Model: Samsung LTN154X3-L01

ID from Everest: SEC4545

Type/Size: TFT Active Matrix with anti-reflective polarizer 15.4" (WXGA) LCD Screen GLOSSY/BrightView/TruBrite

Ratio: 16:10

Resolution: (1280 x 800)

Gamma: 2.20 / Brightness: 200 (cd/m2)

DPMS Mode: None

Connection: Standard 30-pin

juanerson_DisplayEDID_Override.zip

Worked here (the proofs are attached)... So, we did know in prior pages about that thread by CharredPC, but I think anybody in this current topic applied that fix. Now I can confirm that the display EDID override seems to be a excellent alternative to go. I followed the instructions, just I omitted the step 6 from the part A... and all looks as should be. Unfortunately I can't test if this can solve brightness problems, because my glossy lcd (backlight) works OOTB (w/o issues at all) since Leopard just with PNLF addition to DSDT. Nevertheless, I can say after applied the fix I got better quality of the image colors with the new profile created. Recommended. Good Luck.

Note: Once applied the CharredPC solution for test (we need testers), would be interesting to know which part of dsdt injection (Method _DSM, 4) its still needed by GFX0 device? Or if any GFX dsdt patch is needed anymore?

Just installed your EDID override and it worked until I go into Systemprefs Display and a popup tell me that the displaymode will change to 800x600 and then I cant change back unless I logout and login again. I tried to trash the display overide profile but I cant get rid of it. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks

@calmesal, My friend please, tell me why you did that? So, my attachment files above are just for referential purposes... because the procedure by CharredPC should be applied for your specific lcd display... Then, you have read that thread? Because you would know that can damage your screen.

To revert your actual situation, Open Terminal an type two lines:

1) sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (press enter and your password -- enter)

2) sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal\ LCD\ Forced\ EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc

Repair permissions and restart.

@calmesal, My friend please, tell me why you did that? So, my attachment files above are just for referential purposes... because the procedure by CharredPC should be applied for your specific lcd display... Then, you have read that thread? Because you would know that can damage your screen.

To revert your actual situation, Open Terminal an type two lines:

1) sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (press enter and your password -- enter)

2) sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal\ LCD\ Forced\ EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc

Repair permissions and restart.

Dear Juanerson! I did your terminal command and checked that the profile is gone, but the problem still there. I aplied your profile thouth it givs me better display didnt know could be that difficult to get rid of it. Do you have any other suggestion?

Have you re-checked if the entire override profile is gone? Was two commands, and of course for two different address:

1) /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (this is a folder)

2) /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal LCD Forced EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc (is a file)

And repeat, you have read that CharredPC thread? Its not difficult to do the procedure. I can help you with your dump (ioreg terminal output) in text file. But first delete the actual profile, and boot with dsdt.aml for 6820s (have any graphic injection).

Have you re-checked if the entire override profile is gone? Was two commands, and of course for two different address:

1) /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (this is a folder)

2) /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal LCD Forced EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc (is a file)

And repeat, you have read that CharredPC thread? Its not difficult to do the procedure. I can help you with your dump (ioreg terminal output) in text file. But first delete the actual profile, and boot with dsdt.aml for 6820s (have any graphic injection).

Thanks for the quick reply, just checked twice that both the directory and the icc file is gone, upon the reboot the icc file coming back again. Could that be sonthing else? I will try the with the 6820s dsdt. My dsdt is from 6720s package and working 100%.

Edit: Just tried the 6820s dsdt and it the same, I just dont get it! Must be som other stuff I have to remove.

Thanks for the quick reply, just checked twice that both the directory and the icc file is gone, upon the reboot the icc file coming back again. Could that be sonthing else? I will try the with the 6820s dsdt. My dsdt is from 6720s package and working 100%.

Edit: Just tried the 6820s dsdt and it the same, I just dont get it! Must be som other stuff I have to remove.

I think its not possible that the .icc come back if the override folder do not exist, but can you upload screenshots of your display system preference (color panel)... and one capture from your "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/" folder, but thats should be solve making and installing your own override profile (folder). I need your ioreg dump as said for try to help you.

I think its not possible that the .icc come back if the override folder do not exist, but can you upload screenshots of your display system preference (color panel)... and one capture from your "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/" folder, but thats should be solve making and installing your own override profile (folder). I need your ioreg dump as said for try to help you.

Just to bere 100% sure I deleted the override folder and upon reboot the icc file is back again, I can post screenshots but I am sure this is not the problem, here is my ioreg anyway.

My_HackBook.zip

Just to bere 100% sure I deleted the override folder and upon reboot the icc file is back again, I can post screenshots but I am sure this is not the problem, here is my ioreg anyway.

I am 1000% sure you are doing something wrong... Sorry but, after apply the two command (very important with sudo) lines from terminal, that "override folder" (first command line) would disappear forever... and same effect with the .icc file (the profile) after the second command line. Also, your IOReg not help to much because have my graphic EDID (my own display screen) loaded... you understand? Then, you have profile iMac9,1 (is not a laptop) loaded (from smbios.plist) and that is a very bad idea and totally inverse to simulate macbook profile, and please thinking about graphic (X3100) its unacceptable... So, you need macbook3,2 profile as we use for power management (explained for native speedstep for example)... and for better general behavior, you get the point? Please sorry, I want to help you, but first of all read the thread.

I am 1000% sure you are doing something wrong... Sorry but, after apply the two command (very important with sudo) lines from terminal, that "override folder" (first command line) would disappear forever... and same effect with the .icc file (the profile) after the second command line. Also, your IOReg not help to much because have my graphic EDID (my own display screen) loaded... you understand? Then, you have profile iMac9,1 (is not a laptop) loaded (from smbios.plist) and that is a very bad idea and totally inverse to simulate macbook profile, and please thinking about graphic (X3100) its unacceptable... So, you need macbook3,2 profile as we use for power management (explained for native speedstep for example)... and for better general behavior, you get the point? Please sorry, I want to help you, but first of all read the thread.

Thank you very much for your help, I know it is very difficult for you guys to help, you dont know what Iam doing. I tried to follow exact the instruction you gave me. Here is a screenshot. I am not using the switchresx.

post-21176-1285586893_thumb.png

On capture my override profile is gone (In theory). Now, type this command for delete all profiles .icc to depurate his folder:

sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/*.icc (press enter) --- (pass) --- (enter). Restart the system.

Note: Has another way by deleting the files from windows with macdrive (win7 version in your case).