HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Update latest 10.6.5 FROM APPLE, and after restart, I cannot login with my usual account, but Guest. After some check, it seems that the update DELETES accounts information, but keeps user data.

Not here. I updated from apple servers, everything went smooth.

+1. Everything OK. Graphic driver is better but mirror its not possible, even in genuine X3100 MacBook persist the problem.

Thanks for testing!! Did you run benchmark, how is the difference? Is Adobe Flash running smoother?

buoo what do you mean desktop is all dark? Can you see something or is the display off. What resolution is your display? Try injecting EDID Info and enable Dual link in dsdt if you have 1680x1050 display

Hey guys/girls, I've done a CPU upgrade on my HP 6720s. Now it runs a T8300 instead of the T7250 that was originally shipped with.

Im really happy about the upgrade. Not so much for the extra processing power (eventhough the machine runs snappier) but for the temperatures; almost 20° less than before and that means much more quiet fan. I've put some pictures in my blog if you are interested.

Now I've also undervolted it via DSDT so the tempeartures are even better: idle at 33-35°, full load 55,60°. I guess another factor for the better temps is the fact that I cleaned the heatsink so the air can flow better and also replace the pathetic thermal clay HP used with Artric Silver 5. If you want to try this on your own dont hesitate to contact me for details. Cheerz

post-51637-1289554005_thumb.png

Hello, what about sleep? I have an Hp 550 and successfuly upgraded to 10.6.5. Everything is ok but i would like to get sleep working.

PLEASE! Have you did read this thread? From May 01, we talked about the new DSDT + sleepwatcher (for appleacpithermal.kext)... blablabla... have you tried that? For your information, Sleep works perfect on 6720s, and dakku's report say also works on his HP 550... so? The link in my signature.

PLEASE! Have you did read this thread? From May 01, we talked about the new DSDT + sleepwatcher (for appleacpithermal.kext)... blablabla... have you tried that? For your information, Sleep works perfect on 6720s, and dakku's report say also works on his HP 550... so? The link in my signature.

1. Im very sorry I asked like that, but when i wrote this i was too nervous and didnt want to go through the whole thread just for that.

2. Anyway thanks, I saw your post about the dsdt and it worked perfectly.

3. The only problem is that Sleep watcher wont really do its job. I always get that notification about the AppleAcpiThermal everytime i wake up from sleep.

SW do perfect his job "if you did all as root user from terminal (sudo)". Also, you need the AppleACPIThermal.kext corrected in his dependencies (thats why the error after wake), right HERE I updated all /E/E extensions was needed to be updated for 10.6.5... So, for keyboard/touchpad (Dong), battery (Eureka) at the same prior versions from 10.6 that coming in BlackCH boot disc and installer. Good Luck.

Notes: Please consider to update the bootloader version, some tips HERE. And please again, don't forget rebuilt the cache Extensions.mkext on /Extra with kextutility.app (2.4.2 by cVaD)... by dragging the folder /E/Extensions to app or alias (require authentication). This procedure need to be done each time you do changes (or touch) /Extra (including all inside).

I've been off for a while now. I'll check out new kext's asap, they look promising.

I'd like to ask you whether you're having problems with fakesmc. I've got a long record of error log saying it couldn't simple load. Guess i've got not the right version.

Anyways, BlackCH have you already changed your wifi card? If so how's it working && which steps did you do?

Thanks again for improving our laptops.

Anyways, BlackCH have you already changed your wifi card? If so how's it working && which steps did you do?

The wifi card has not arrived yet (bummer!). What did arrive is a new CPU (t8300) Im running now. Works great, Im really happy about the upgrade

I would like to get deep-sleep (hibernation) to work. Anyone has tryied on this machine?

Dear BlackCH and yushir, my report:

OS X Deep Sleep (hibernation) BEAUTIFUL HERE! First time ever Im testing that function... and I love it now... jejeje. Not working by closing the LID, but the lid closed just put the machine in single sleep mode (not bad at all), I like it these way, and maybe its the "vanilla behavior" I don't know. Furthermore, I will test some DSDT, because it should works if adjust one value:

Device (LID0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x18,

0x03 /*this value from 3 to 1, because "in theory" mean the device Sleep Mode. But MB3-4,1 is 3 for some reason you know*/

})...

A Few "SafeSleep" Advices:

1) VANILLA KERNEL HERE. Then, I have this Partitions Scheme for dual boot: Mac OS X / Windows 7, where OS X partition is "Active". I think maybe is the key for perfect sleep capability, also works in win7 (sleep works, deep sleep not tested yet).

Note: I have installed chameleon 2RC5 r611 (standard option), I uploaded HERE. PLEASE, take care selecting the install option, because "standard" will "activate" the target partition. So, I have it "active" anyway because repeat: I think is the key.

2) Seted the Hibernation mode to 1 (deep sleep) from 0 (old pure ram style), just following this guide you know. So, Only in case, If your machine was previously set to 0 (with recovered space) and you’ve think change to 1, need 4GB (depend of installed memory) of free drive space which be used now for sleepimage file on /private/var/vm (hide folder).

3) Hibernation take about 2 minutes (the first attempt) to go to sleep (maybe its normal), at least was my case... and the system was completely OFF (not blinking led, nothing). Please consider that 2 mins is too much w/o fan control for the first time, and temperatures can be higher when OS X returns (wake) from short time sleep, obviously not will be from long deep sleep. Wake up is clean, not errors in Console related to System SafeSleep.

GENERAL IDEA TO OPTIMIZE THE DEEP SLEEP FIRST ACCESS: Maybe changing all declarations for devices involved:

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x18,

0x0X /*to 3, like MB3-4,1 will do more faster deep sleep first time access? We can try it guys*/

})

Adicional: Amigos BlackCH y yushir, también quería comentarles que hace unos días hice una nueva instalación "limpia" desde la retail 10.6, aplicando estos sencillos pasos, la cual fue verdaderamente una experiencia gratificante, usando el dsdt que estamos probando BlackCH y yo, las extensiones para 10.6 y el com.apple.boot.plist (32 bit) y smbios.plist (MacBook3,1), con el legacy de Pere, es decir, la instalación fue bastante FRESCA, ya que tenia implementado tanto speedstep (con undervolted desde mi dsdt), como control de fan, el cual subía y bajaba... y nunca recalentó el sistema, creo que nunca pasó su velocidad del 65% y volvía a bajar... en fin, rápida, segura y extremadamente fresca la instalación de esa manera. Pongo a la orden las extensiones (y la carpeta /Extra completa) tal cual utilicé. El pendrive lo tengo en una gaveta con llave jajaja. P.D. Te voy a mandar un privado BlackCH para proponerte que saquemos un dsdt unificado entre los dos..., espero que te guste la idea... por cierto, le he quitado un poco más de peso al que te envíe la última vez. Saludos.

I've done a few tests and deep-sleep is working here too.

-Require chameleon r611. Maybe works with other versions too, but it does not work with prasys bootloader I was using (it complains about the sleep image being too large). The only down point is that you loose 1280x800 boot screen. But I guess deep-sleep is a more important and useful feature (also you get auto-memory detection with this new chameleon)

-Closing the lid or choosing 'Sleep' from the apple menu has the same effect for me

-For me the best setup is with 'hibernatemode' set to '3', in this way I get the old sleep function (faster wakeup) and in case of power loss (drained battery) the machine boots with the hibernate image. HERE is an article explaining the different sleep modes

-I've readed that we need to have 'Use secure virtual memory' disabled (in System Preferences/Security). In my machine it was already disabled and I've not tried to enable it

I've found DeepSleep widget that makes a bit more flexible the sleep settings

...and SmartSleep prefpane is nice too too

@juanerson, te enviare mi ultimo dsdt (lo estoy usando desde hace ya unos dias) para que lo veas; he agregado algunas cosas por mi cuenta y tambien muchas de tu ultimo dsdt. Hare una nueva version del bootcd con las ultimas novedades y un instalador para 10.6.5/6.

Aqui esta mi ultimo DSDT (Other users: be aware this is custom for my CPU!)

dsdt_v0.13_BRGT.dsl.zip

Hi Juanerson. Long time no post. My daughter broke her laptop (HP 550), I've just changed HDD with new one and go through the instalation again, using Blackch (Thanks Blackch) guide and on 10.6.5 everything works like charm. Thank you my friends.

Saso Milenkovski

Welcome back my only Friend jajaja... Really... Nice to see you again. So, for long time I wanted to ask to you one thing please: Have you tried inject to DSDT your wifi broadcom 4315 IDs (your own product and subsystem) but simulating (fake) a native AirPort 4318 model? Im not talking about rebranding at all, just changing the "device-id" on ARPT device injection. Therefore, I want to comment "in theory" should works..., because a friend in Spain do test in his 4315 successfully faked to 4318, I mean I injected the simple code to his DSDT and his IOReg to proof Before - After simply show me that worked! He browsing now very happy with factory "vanilla" drivers! In other words, no need to do absolutely any touch (from terminal or wherever) to any .plist inside IO80211Family.kext, and the most important thing the benefits each time to update the system, you know my friend. But I repeat: Just was one Test... maybe was a lucky guy. BTW, if you are interested, please let me know which dsdt are you using, and I need from you a copy (save as) of .ioreg from IORegistryExplorer. Cheers.

Welcome back my only Friend jajaja... Really... Nice to see you again. So, for long time I wanted to ask to you one thing please: Have you tried inject to DSDT your wifi broadcom 4315 IDs (your own product and subsystem) but simulating (fake) a native AirPort 4318 model? Im not talking about rebranding at all, just changing the "device-id" on ARPT device injection. Therefore, I want to comment "in theory" should works..., because a friend in Spain do test in his 4315 successfully faked to 4318, I mean I injected the simple code to his DSDT and his IOReg to proof Before - After simply show me that worked! He browsing now very happy with factory "vanilla" drivers! In other words, no need to do absolutely any touch (from terminal or wherever) to any .plist inside IO80211Family.kext, and the most important thing the benefits each time to update the system, you know my friend. But I repeat: Just was one Test... maybe was a lucky guy. BTW, if you are interested, please let me know which dsdt are you using, and I need from you a copy (save as) of .ioreg from IORegistryExplorer. Cheers.

OK.I'll check later today and send you. But this time I've just install everything from blackch cd. So changing dsdt is better idea than chnging kexts. Thank you.

Thanks juanerson

OK. These are rare moments when I can work on my daughter laptop. So, I'm using Blackch dsdt (included in his install CD). Because of loosing all data on the laptop (the HDD was broken) I don't have now any previous versions of my experiments with dsdt. So you can modify blackch dsdt and send to me to check. I' was going to rebrand wifi adapter but if it is possible ti solve the problem with dsdt modification than OK.