HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

DSDT Update 1 standard (dsdt.aml), the dsdt.dsl (for edition purposes) its included too: Please I hope feedback.

For Native AirPort card users: Just I tested on my new Broadcom 4312, and accord to real MacBook interfaces, the AirPort should be en1. You can optionally clean all interfaces, by deleting these files from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration:

- com.apple.airport.preferences.plist (if exist)

- com.apple.network.identification.plist

- NetworkInterfaces.plist

- preferences.plist (need-it, but also need to be re-configure certain users parameters in System Preferences).

At the end on System Profiler (Network): if you have previously installed the ethernet card (82562GT) will appear Type: Ethernet, Hardware: Ethernet, BSD: en0 (necessary for Time Machine). And AirPort would be Type: AirPort, Hardware: AirPort, BSD: en1... as really showing in Apple hardware. Good Luck.

EDIT Sept 13: Commented out device MCHC injection... Thanks to DamienValentine for feedback!

EDIT Sept 18: added the dsdt.aml for ATI Radeon users (6820s). But X3100 also works, because just exclude the hack code.

UPDATED DEC 18: The Best DSDT v0.20 created for 6720s (and similar) available in the FIRST POST. Cheers.

Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r611.zip

DSDT Update 1 standard (dsdt.aml), the .dsl its included too: Please I hope feedback.

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x3492932d) : "AppleSMCPDRC::start - unrecorgnized device type `pci8086,2a10`\n"@/SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-412.2.1/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AppleSMCPDRC.cpp:70
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
Kernel Extentions in backtrace(with dependencies):
	com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin(4.1.2b1)
		 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)
		 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)
		 dependency: com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily(4.1.2b1)
		 dependency: com.apple.driver.AppleSMC(3.0.1d2)

I have 6720s with 2A12 video.

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x3492932d) : "AppleSMCPDRC::start - unrecorgnized device type `pci8086,2a10`\n"@/SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamily/IOPlatformPluginFamily-412.2.1/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AppleSMCPDRC.cpp:70

Debugger called:

Backtrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

Seems to be a problem with the bootloader, Im almost sure is not due to the DSDT.

Please try using Cham2RC5 installer from my signature courtesy by iFabio. First of all record your actual /Extra folder... Please read the instructions how use the installer, select your OSX partition and click in Custom (personalize)... Then, if you have GUID partition select boot0 (OSX, active partition), if you have MBR partition and OSX its not the "Active" one select boot0hfs (not both)... When return to your session, put back your toys: dsdt.aml ,smbios.plist ,com.apple.Boot.plist on /Extra and of course the .kexts on /E/E and rebuild the cache /Extra/Extensions.mkext with kextutility 2.4.2 (cVaD)... reboot.

Other reason maybe you have incorrectly installed or corrupt the extension /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext. Reinstalling the Combo Update 10.6.4 should repair that problem. Good Luck.

Seems to be a problem with the bootloader, Im almost sure is not due to the DSDT.

Please try using Cham2RC5 installer from my signature courtesy by iFabio. ....

Other reason maybe you have incorrectly installed or corrupt the extension /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext. Reinstalling the Combo Update 10.6.4 should repair that problem. Good Luck.

Ok, I will try again using Cham2RC5, tomorrow evening.

But I think, that problem isn`t in bootloader - because with another DSDT(from top of this topic), my system works without kernel panic(except, occasionally, bugs with graphic card).

About "/S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext" I think that it is not corrupted - because my system works.

Ok, I will try again using Cham2RC5, tomorrow evening.

But I think, that problem isn`t in bootloader - because with another DSDT(from top of this topic), my system works without kernel panic(except, occasionally, bugs with graphic card).

About "/S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext" I think that it is not corrupted - because my system works.

I've got same problem and same kernel panic. Then I just opened dsdt provided by juanerson and changed device-id under MCHC device to 2a10 instead of 2a00. No _CST errors on verbose boot, everything is clean, but my CPU fan can't stop blowing. And what's up with MCHC?

P.S. I can decrease brightness using keyboard, but I cannot increase it. But I remember I was able to do that with Scroll+Pause keys. Before 10.6.4 update.

DONE! Thank you very Much DamienValentine! I re-upload the DSDT in post above... Just I Commented out device MCHC (Memory Controller Hub) injection, and now booting w/o problems, was my mistake, sorry. Please guys, I need you keep me to alert about those problems than will be fixed immediately...

@DamienValentine, "but my CPU fan can't stop blowing" I think that change in the next cold boot, also probably yo want change the fan speed settings of C397, because Im using the default (factory) values. That explained HERE... also for BlackCH, he use others values for his DSDT to ..."runs pretty quiet most of the time"... can be simply edited. Thanks again.

@yushir, thank you my friend! I will try on 10.6.4... Please, are you try mirror on 10.5.8? Because the only one successful report was in 10.6.2 (64 bits) from I know..., make me suspect the problem are the X3100 fu#"@! drivers, not the DSDT or hardware incompatibility (2a02 at lest), even the problem exist in genuine Macbook (late 2007), reported on Apple site forums.

As far as i remember, i haven't got it to work ever.

Reports are that it doesn't work either on sl, i'd wait to see next 64-bit x3100 driver go out, so that it could be tested. I also see that you're using Chamaleon RC5, are there any substantial improvements on it?

I'll wait for your reports.

PD: New DSDT is working as fine as other did, btw have you tested slice's fakesmc? It was posted some time ago on this thread.

...I also see that you're using Chamaleon RC5, are there any substantial improvements on it?

I'll wait for your reports.

PD: New DSDT is working as fine as other did, btw have you tested slice's fakesmc? It was posted some time ago on this thread.

Chameleon RC5 have many improvements. I like it very much, for example now sleep is full supported by the bootloader on windows 7 (dual boot), no matter which is the active partition... chameleon can manage any disk (or multi-disk) structure and/or partition scheme... and so to discuss on iFabio (.pkg) thread. About slice's fakesmc, sincerely I did not like it... I think for x3100 its not standardized..., so many plugins are designed for better desktop support, but laptop its another history... thats only my opinion. I prefer the netkas's one... mine its re-fake jejeje... And finally, I love my DSDT jajaja... was completely re-structured (mac-like), fully complemented with information and code, ready for anything... Thats why Im very proud.

I have 6710b Notebook with custom DSDT.

The only thing which is not working is brightness control (uneven brightness) and Mirror does not work.

I can get brightness to work somehow with the brightness console app, but is there no native solution?? You did some patching of DSDT what is the actually patch which enables native brightness for some people.

Any idea how to get mirror to work?

I have 6710b Notebook with custom DSDT.

The only thing which is not working is brightness control (uneven brightness) and Mirror does not work.

I can get brightness to work somehow with the brightness console app, but is there no native solution?? You did some patching of DSDT what is the actually patch which enables native brightness for some people.

Any idea how to get mirror to work?

Hi, for native brightness control do not exist a standard solution, but I recommend to you should try injecting your own EDID to the dsdt.dsl... its easy... First, open my dsdt.dsl and search "EDID" w/o quotes (to understand the purpose), then just boot w/o dsdt (only 10.6.3 and above), next see on IORegistryExplorer --- C099@2 (this is the graphic card) --- display0 --- AppleBacklightDisplay (the values right to IODisplayEDID), copy that code and porting to dsdt... Note: if you can't do it, upload your EDID in .rtf file. About Mirror is impossible for now, because its Apple bug on x3100..., waiting until better drivers.

EDIT: Also, I saw you have 1680x1050, so maybe need it the "DualLink" fix (by slice), search on my dsdt.dsl... have that fix.

Hi,

tryed to add it to DSDT but it does not make any difference. Your DSDT gives me graphic bugs but also no brightness. (Fixed the Duallink stuff) Do you think i need also this other stuff of the GFX Part??

I attached my actual working DSDT as well as screenshots and extracted EDID Info.

Can you also have a look to my dsdt it is from User Einstein. It is an adapted DSDT from a different notebook because dumping on 6710b did not worked.

I have one more problem i noticed now:

I cannot get fan running after sleep. A line is disabled for this reason. See DSDT...

If i activate the line. Fan is at 100% all the time.

Method (C3B7, 0, Serialized)

{

C3A2 ()

// C3A3 () // iliapis30 NOT ok seems to be the fan-on-wake problem thus commented out

If (And (\_SB.C058, 0x80))

{

Subtract (\_SB.C058, 0x0100, C058)

}

Else

{

Store (\_SB.C058, C058)

}

}

But if FAN is off after sleep cpu will overheat after some time. Notebook goes off. And cannot be turned on for 2-3 Minutes. (Heat protection???) This is really bad! Also the cpu is locked at 800mhz after sleep.

I also tryed the DSDT available for my notebook (needed to fix Duallink) from kexts.com sleep does not work. It does not turn off the notebook.

I don't have any speedstep kext running. Speedstep works natively but only before sleep. After sleep i have the issues. Also Bluetooth is gone after sleep...but this is not so important i think.

Archiv.zip

...tryed to add it to DSDT but it does not make any difference. Your DSDT gives me graphic bugs but also no brightness. (Fixed the Duallink stuff) Do you think i need also this other stuff of the GFX Part??...

...Can you also have a look to my dsdt it is from User Einstein. It is an adapted DSDT from a different notebook because dumping on 6710b did not worked...

...I have one more problem i noticed now:

I cannot get fan running after sleep. A line is disabled for this reason. See DSDT...

If i activate the line. Fan is at 100% all the time....

...But if FAN is off after sleep cpu will overheat after some time. Notebook goes off. And cannot be turned on for 2-3 Minutes. (Heat protection???) This is really bad! Also the cpu is locked at 800mhz after sleep....

...I also tryed the DSDT available for my notebook (needed to fix Duallink) from kexts.com sleep does not work. It does not turn off the notebook....

...I don't have any speedstep kext running. Speedstep works natively but only before sleep. After sleep i have the issues. Also Bluetooth is gone after sleep...but this is not so important i think.

1) Maybe you need it: additionally the GFX1 (commented out) part from my dsdt! You can port it yourself to the dsdt.

2) Adapted dsdt ... OMG! this was a very very bad idea! So, we can solve that IMPORTANT DETAIL, therefore try booting without any dsdt (10.6.3 and above), and extract your own dsdt (from scratch) with DSDTSE 1.4.3... save it to dsdt.dsl, upload and I will do my best attempt for do it compilable... almost all the HP-compaq have the same bios bad structure and errors..., precisely are related to thermal and fan things... believe me (search C3A9 in your dsdt posted, you have commented out important code of TZ). Later, of course... you or Einstein will do the rest of adaptations..., device rename, etc etc.

3) About fan stuff problems you said... I have any at all... works perfect here... maybe you dont have AppleACPIThermal.kext loaded from /E/E and the sleepwatcher stuff? You need it for fan control (thermalzones). Talked about so much in the thread.

4) Native Speedstep without legacy kext?? Do you installed from retail dvd? Because untouched system (vanilla) on /S/L/E and smbios: MacBookAir2,1 do not offer that possibility... For your information the MBA2,1 (2009) have NVIDIA GeForce 9400M... that not help you to much (X3100), then you need another profile my friend. We use the fake model MacBook3,2 (from MB3,1) for native speedstep. Please read, also we discussed about speedstep... on my signature you have the link.

Note: MY DSDT IS NOT FOR YOUR LAPTOP MODEL... YOU KNOW THAT, AND ITS SO IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER!

P.D. I will wait for your dsdt (from scratch) for attempt to help you of that way... I think is the best point of start.

Here comes my vanilla attached dsdt package. Also the other tables included.

To extract the dsdt i needed a second screen. If i have no dsdt the display does not work (needs this dual link option) The EDID info is identical to the info I extracted earlier.

I thought that the dsdt from User: Einstein_ein was from a different notebook because in the title it says nc75xx but also my clean dsdt has this title so i think it is from the right notebook 6710b but is identical to the bios from nc75xx.

He fixed the DSDT from 6710b so forget about what i said on adapted dsdt.

The only problem is that the fan does not work correctly. I tried the ACPITermal Kext but it does not seem to make any difference on the FAN behaviour. I think it does not even load the kext.

My speedstep is defenately working out of the box with the dsdt from Einstein, no additional kext needed. I also now changed my smbios.plist to Macbook 3,1 like you did. It now detects CPU Speed and Memory correctly no injection is needed anymore so i think this setting is better then my previous Mac Book Air smbios.

Also my friend has the same notebook and he had problem with cpu locked at 800mhz. Using the smbios for MB 3,1 gives him correct speedstep.

We also tried the to add EDID Info at his notebook. He has different EDID but also 1650x1080. Also his brightness control does not work correctly.

For both notebooks the problems are the same.

After clean boot the fan works nice at slow speed. If i work and cpu goes up fan goes up and also down again.

On battery fan goes completely off and only goes on when i work / cpu goes hot. After cooling it cleanly goes off.

After a reboot fan is at slightly higher speed then after clean boot. But also works nicely in the same way.

If I go to sleep with the notebook the fan is off after wakeup if the method is disabled like in dsdt from einstein. Or is at full speed after if i leave the method C3A3 in) Einstein says he does not have this problem.

CPU Speed is locked to 1200mhz after sleep instead of my 2500 mhz.

My friend has the same issue with different cpu (T5xxx) (I think it is locked to other mhz)

Of course I know your DSDT is not for my Notebook, but i gives new ideas on fixes because yours is working so good...

I hope you can apply your fixes to my clean dsdt and help us out.

EDIT: More info

Using AcpiTermal.kext gives full fan speed after boot using my dsdt without C3A3 Method. Sleeping gives full fan speed an sleep loop. Goes off again after wake up. Several times.

Kextunload fails to unload AcpiTermal.kext. Tried to unload several times fixes this.

Using AcpiTermal.kext with C3A3 gives fan behaviour as normal but after sleep also full speed fan.

Using no AcpiTermal.kext with C3A3 enabled gives normal fan but no speedstep before sleep.

Using no AcpiTermal.kext without C3A3 gives normal fan but no fan after sleep and locked cpu speed to 1200mhz

So in the End AcpiTermal.kext does not give me any good. I wonder why not let the mainboard control the fan. Why does osx not leave the fan like that.

Vanilla_dsdt_package.zip

Done! Your own dsdt.dsl (base) from scratch its now successfully compilable (no errors, no remarks, no warnings)... so, to understand what I did, search for "juanerson" w/o quotes. This is other Happy history by fixing very bad bioses structure of hp compaq laptops, in this case can be implemented on any 6710b.

One question for you, You have installed the most recent bios from hp? Just for record, and for better sleep support.

- Next Steps for optimize the DSDT (your job). VERY IMPORTANT do it before compile to dsdt.aml:

1) Apply this essential list of corrections (hacks - fixes - injections) to the DSDT. BUT USING MY LAST DSDT.DSL FOR FULLY INFORMATION AND REFERENCES ABOUT CHANGES.

2) I recommend to you all my structural changes too, I moved all the Scopes to his respective devices... For example Scope (GFX0) and Scope (UHCI -EHCI) are very important to move... and of course, the rename of all devices (all declarations) to mac-like names... I think, DSDTSE is the best tool for that job.

Note: Never use the dsdt.aml directly for edit... Always use the .dsl.

In other hands, please sorry but, I dont believe you have native speedstep out of the box, I meant with untouched /S/L/E and w/o legacy injector. Therefore, please for ensure about that, you need to see in IORegistryExplorer CPUPLimit 0x0... like the capture. If not, and you see any different number, so you dont have native speedstep "at all" and "for sure". Good Luck.

CPUPLimit_NativeSpeedStep.png

Defender666_Vanilla_dsdt_6710b_fixed_compilable.dsl.zip

HP8710w_DSDT.zip

Sorry. I know this thread is for HP 6x20s - but it is closely related...

@Defender666

I have a HP6510b, Dual Core T7700 2.4GHz

I have a fully working Vanilla 10.6.4. I have built it following this thread and basing my dsdt on Einstein_ein dsdt

For installing and updating I use digital_dreamer Hackinstaller. It's very practical.

Sleep works with sleepwatcher (from smilenkowsky thread - Juanerson).

For wifi I bought a Broadcom 4311AG (HP Part 441075-002 @ € 41.89) - works out of box.

A great thanks for all these brilliant people playing a part in it!

Attached all necessary kexts, dsdt, as well as my com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist and all the rest one needs for installing.

The LegacyACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext is adjusted for T7700, the sleepwatcher (rc.sleep/rc.wakeup) for AppleACPIThermal.kext in S/L/E.

In the dsdt the fan is adjusted much lower than original to save battery. With original settings CPUtemp was mostly 28-33 C, now between 38-50 C.

I use Coolbook to undervolt the cpu - my table of working voltages/frequencies for T7700 included.

....Dsdt might not be elegant but it seems to work.

Hope this is of some use.

Zip-file - see my next post below

@Enrico B., your dsdt need replace the first uncommented line to this universal (any PC for to work/edit):

DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 1, "HP ", "nc75xx", 0x00010000)

And Add two breakers to the end (after line 17326) add this:

}}

Otherwise, will not compile.

Note: Your dsdt have unnecessary thermalzones (called from ssdt), and erased necessary TZ code from the factory one fixed I posted above for proper fan function. Just that dsdt need to be optimized, not a big deal, but is not for lazy people of course.

I tried the bootable CD on a Iatkos S3 and it works perfectly on a 6820s ! ...except for the graphics card, the X1350 does not work :rolleyes:

i tried : [update-Guide] ATI Mobility Radeon X1350 totally WORKS, Full Resolution QE/CI Enabled

But it does not work. It gives me a black screen with a white cube on the top left and I see the mouse when I move.

EDIT: the radeonHD.kext work well. so no QE/CI for the moment.

Thanks Juanerson.

I took out the dsdt.dsl from the zip file - I'm sure there is a lot to correct. I must say though that it compiles ok with iASLMe.app...

I'll make a new one following your advice.

The only one thing I forgot to mention before, is that after waking from sleep kernel.log shows a Firewire problem. I don't use Firewire so for me it's only cosmentic, but to get rid of it I disabled the IOFirewireFamily.kext.

Has anyone solved this? You don't even notice it if not checking the kernel.log after wake from sleep

here the HP6x10b kext-etc package without dsdt.dsl. Whoever may use it, please replace the included dsdt.aml with one made following Juanerson's advice above. This one is not perfect but works and might help to get someone started.

I'll post a new one later - whenever I find time to make it

HP6510b.zip

I don't get the point about speedstep.

I don't have any kext for speedstep in my /E or /S/L/E folder just fakesmc. I attached the screenshot.

Also Coolbook works like on mac on the 6710b with T7500 CPU but on the other HP6010b it only gives two steps (1200 and 2500) I guess it is because the T9300 CPU is not in Macbooks.

Thank you for fixing my dsdt vanilla. Now i can get on fixing.

Enrico. Using your kext and DSDT does not give me any different behaviour.

Using AppleThermal.kext gives 100% Fan speed after boot. I think the problem is that it doesnt have the right thermal zones.

post-85166-1284803024_thumb.png