Upcoming Intel X58 Mobos & Core i7 CPUs

1,154 posts in this topic

Did u have to disable hyper and only use 1 core in the bios?

Still rebooting when doing the -v

I disabled ht and set bios to only one core so far it is going a lot further.

Can u tell me what drivers i should use when i get to the install screens

Again just incase i am using rampage ii extreme

Install is going but i was just guessing as to what the best drivers are.

If u could tell me the ethernet , audio,

Pretty much anything you used to make your rampage ii extreme to work

Thanks

Jn

Did u have to disable hyper and only use 1 core in the bios?

Still rebooting when doing the -v

I disabled ht and set bios to only one core so far it is going a lot further.

Can u tell me what drivers i should use when i get to the install screens

Again just incase i am using rampage ii extreme

Install is going but i was just guessing as to what the best drivers are.

If u could tell me the ethernet , audio,

Pretty much anything you used to make your rampage ii extreme to work

Thanks

Jn

9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Intel ICH10 SATA Support

JMicronATA For JMicron IDE

seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

SKGE Marvell Yukon Driver

u mean for front audio jack to work, in bios u just set to HDA audio instead of AC97? Am i correct?

NO

It means that the physical connectors on the mothervboard are able to connect to the fr0ntpannel connectors on your pc CASE

if you have an old Case the cabling in that case can be AC97 audio, or a new one with HDaudio, those have other 'pin layouts...'

so the motherboard needs to send different signals on the same internal output bracket to the frontpanel 'out / in' depending on the layout of your case...

There for the bios feature exists...

It doesn't mean it will let the sound of osx get out of the front-panel...

jimmydigital00 Make Sure you boot in Verbose Mode "-v" Tap F8 on boot and type in "-v" without quotes and your busratio=20 so it looks like this -v busratio=20 the IPC DVD boots with the Voodoo kernel

Make Sure you boot in Verbose Mode and type in busratio=20 -v -f

Ok i just tried busratio=20 -v -f

It is scrolling through a bunch o stuff

I will let you know what happens

Thanks for all your help

JN

Do i have to type in busratio=20 everytime i reboot

And the zip file you sent i unzipped it and put everything in the root of the osx drive is that correct

Jn

the Zip File Just copy DSDT.aml to your root and if you dont want to type in the busratio

go here and edit com.apple.Boot.plist found at

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

add <string>busratio=20</string>

Im stuck

It booted up perfectly once and now it will not boot again.

jimmydigital00,

People have told you repeatedly to use the -v flag (verbose) when booting, so that a visible log would present itself for troubleshooting. This log is the only way we can help you determine where the trouble lies. We cannot guess, only assume, which is not an effective way to fix issues.

So, how about you meet us halfway by presenting us this log, either by photo or by text description? Learn from the actions of your fellow posters and develop the same skills.

regards,

MAJ

Alright so heres the deal (any kind of help is appricated). Im trying to build a hackintosh computer here with a core i7 but i have the following :

EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 X58 3-Way SLI Core i7 Motherboard with Tri-Channel DDR3 and Tuning Utility

Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 XMS3 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-10666 1333MHz 240-Pin DDR3

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8M L3 Cache 4.8GT/sec QPI Hyper-Threading Turbo Boost LGA1366 Processor

Western Digital WD6400AAKS WD Caviar SE16 SATA Internal Hard Drive, 640 GB, 3 Gb/s, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM

LG 22X +20X DVD±RW GH22NS30 LightScribe BURNER SATA

Im still putting this system together and i need a suggestion on a video card that is a good price and that also works with leopard & Vista and some help getting me on the road to install leopard on this system.

My bad you are right.

It is just difficult since this is my only machine but here are some shots.

This is a picture of what it gets stuck on after the installation is finished and it tries to reboot.

It gets stuck on this.

http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03893nu0.jpg

So at that point I physically reboot the machine

run

busratio=20 -v -f

and it sits on this screen for about 10 minutes and then finally boots to osx.

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03894un1.jpg

At this point I go into windows and copy the DSDT.aml onto the root of the osx drive and reboot.

At darwin i hit F8 and type

busratio=20 -v

and I get this.

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03895bq7.jpg

This is where I am stuck.

I will try to take this file out and reboot.

Thanks

Im still putting this system together and i need a suggestion on a video card that is a good price and that also works with leopard & Vista and some help getting me on the road to install leopard on this system.

I got a 9800GTX+ perfectly working in Leo, it costed me about 150€... It depends what you mean by a good price!

Do you already own the motherboard? I'm not sure if it has been tested yet...

@jimmy: The 10 minute wait is normal, at least until you patch your dsdt and re-enable all cores in the BIOS settings. The last problem might be due to the fact that you need a slightly different dsdt, so you should patch it yourself instead of using the THEHAWKs' one. You can follow the steps in my guide to do it.

jimmydigital00 Make Sure you boot in Verbose Mode "-v" Tap F8 on boot and type in "-v" without quotes and your busratio=20 so it looks like this -v busratio=20 the IPC DVD boots with the Voodoo kernel

You mind sharing your bios settings for the Rampage II Extreme. I've done the standard turning off the extra cores, turning of cpu settings, but I can't get the Iatkos 5v disc to boot, it just loops. Either that or I need the IPC DVD.

Thanks

By patching the dsdt does that mean just copying it to the root of the osx drive?

That is what I did and from that point on it never booted again.

Also, is it okay that I copied the file to the root in windows.

This is the steps I took

in windows i copied the dsdt file to the root

reboot

changed bios settings to all cores and HT turned on

tried to load to osx and it failed

I then disabled all 4 cores and tried it again but now it says waiting for root device.

Alright so heres the deal (any kind of help is appricated). Im trying to build a hackintosh computer here with a core i7 but i have the following :

EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 X58 3-Way SLI Core i7 Motherboard with Tri-Channel DDR3 and Tuning Utility

Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 XMS3 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-10666 1333MHz 240-Pin DDR3

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8M L3 Cache 4.8GT/sec QPI Hyper-Threading Turbo Boost LGA1366 Processor

Western Digital WD6400AAKS WD Caviar SE16 SATA Internal Hard Drive, 640 GB, 3 Gb/s, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM

LG 22X +20X DVD±RW GH22NS30 LightScribe BURNER SATA

The most important thing is the motherboard specifications. That information will determine OS X compatibility. Everything thing else (besides graphic card) is pretty much trivial.

The EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 X58 appears to be a nice board, but I can't find detailed information on the LAN and AUDIO chips. It uses the common Intel ICH10R southbridge, so getting your hard drives and other SATA devices working in OS X with native support would be no problem.

If you or someone else can find information on the on-board LAN and AUDIO chips, then we can determine compatibility. At the very worst, if no OS X support is available for those devices, you'll need OS X compatible PCIe/PCI cards to take their place. Can't find those specifications on their site, specifications PDF, or forums! Downloading their 37MB mobo manual at this moment. Hope it's in there.

regards,

MAJ

EDIT: Okay, I've peered into the Windows driver packages and see that the board is using Realtek chips for both the LAN and audio.

The LAN Device IDs include 8169, 8168, and 8101E. So, that's well supported!

The Audio installer has these strings: HDA861A and HDAHP880. So, that's supported, as well.

Looks to be a rather compatible board, much like a Gigabyte board, but don't know how well it handles multiple cores in OS X and if it requires added support like the ASUS.

So I go to reinstall so that I can create my own custom .dsdt file and now after it installs and restarts I get a still waiting for boot device.

Here is the image.

Please help!!!!

I was seconds from taking a baseball bat to my computer.

JN

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03897do7.jpg

jimmydigital00,

When you installed the dsdt file (or any other system related files), did you make sure the permissions were correct for that file and directory? Run Disk Utility to make sure all system files have the correct permissions.

regards,

MAJ

waiting for root device

i had this error - as i had multiple drives, i needed to specify the root drive in the boot.plist if the drive I wanted to boot was not Disk0s2.

rd=diskXsX

replace X with your drive, you can get the info by typing diskutil list

in a terminal window

Ozosx

Yeah i tried many different installation methods and this is the only one that worked

Good to know thanks. I've already grabbed a copy today. I'll give it go a bit later. It might work on my M1730 laptop as well, nothing else has to date.

Digital_dreamer, thanks I looked at the kext collection that you made for boot-132 and I noticed you didn't have system.kext and seatbelt.kext. Fixed that by adding that to the InstaHackintosh kext collection in the appropriate folder. Subseqently, the verbose went farther. It stopped though. Near all the localhost stuff. Dont know why? Can we have someone test this to make sure this works. I feel like my ud5 motherboard is unique or there is something wrong with 1600mhz ram or something.

pixcture2.jpeg

Not sure if this is a faux pas or not, so please tell me if it is...

Has anyone tried installing the Snow Kitten yet?

I wanted to try it as I understood there is some form of support for the HD4xxx series (although only in the

10a222 version), and I wanted to try it, as the lack of QE (and the fact the programs tell me I have no VRAM, although my card has 1G and the system says there is 256Megs of it...?) kills me; most apps seem to really *need* it...

If not - does anyone have an idea whether the 'normal' install methods could work? (like perhaps M J's tutorial)

Any info will be most welcome :hysterical:

PS: currently running 10.5.5, from iAtkos5i, with full core support, but it's been done before :hysterical: and fixed my ps/2 problem by simply choosing another kext during install.. ;)