Chameleon with DSDT override

mackerintel

253 posts in this topic

update 2: loaded on the desktop but still get freeze at MAC framework...using 10485 buffer...

Going to try a fresh install and then switch to your bootloader. Wish me luck :)

update: Tried your debug and yes it is working on the laptop. Still no sound or Video or sound. Was hoping this might fix that. I am using iDeneb 10.5.5 with 9.2 ToH kernel. Should I add any kexts that might help with sound?

I believe I got both aml files created properly.

0 errors 0 Warning and a bunch of optimizations for the laptop.

0 errors 7 warning and bunch of opt. for desktop

the warnings were something about a mute function. I don't really care about that yet.

I copied the chameleon from the zip in the first post to root. Moved boot to boot.bak, moved chameleon to boot, and copied aml file to root and named it DSDT.aml.

Problem is I dont see any DSDT messages on boot. I tried the DSDT=DSDT.aml flag with -v. I renamed the file to dsdt.aml and tried the flag. I tried both file names without flag.

Any idea what I am missing? Do you have a different message on your modified chameleon so I can make sure I am loading the correct one?

Thanks again!!

@cybernet: and about your desktop. You can dump, patch manually and recompile your DSDT under linux

Sorry saw the answer in this thread. Will try new patcher.

No I have not as I don't know how.

Here is latest.

I get past the mac framework buffers line then this:

devfs_make_node: not ready for devices!

Package 0 didn't get an HPET

Then kernel panic.

Before all this though it says something about HPET enabled on the system.

It detects my 2 cores and tries for 3 and 4 but says disabled.

Is this the processor alias problem?

Thanks again for all your help. If I can get this running on this board I will be soooo happy!!

I attached the dat and dsl files.

Have you removed the processor aliases?

dsdt.zip

Thanks again for all your help. If I can get this running on this board I will be soooo happy!!

I attached the dat and dsl files.

You can use a patcher on a different computer then the target one by giving your DSL to patcher as an argument. You could also ask fassl to release windows or linux version

I used dsdt.aml and chameleondebugger that prooved me ACPI 2 is injected to stystem and overridning works. AppleHPET and AppleRTC work but ApplIntelCPUPowerManagement does not start.

I do

kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I get this

extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Please help masters...

You can use a patcher on a different computer then the target one by giving your DSL to patcher as an argument. You could also ask fassl to release windows or linux version

or you could look in the first post and see that you can do it off a live cd

hi mackerintel,,

I have succesfully run dsdt patcher (latest version) by fassl and result in dsdt.aml

I also have replace boot file with chameleon from this thread

I only rename original boot file into "bootOLD" and rename chameleon file into "boot" then place it into my root partition

I also try to use latest kext of AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleAPIC.kext, not old files from jas

But i still stuck at "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" thing

What have i done wrong? why still can't i past that?

Also have tried to fix cpus alias during patching process,, delete all cpus alias in dsdt.dsl

But still no luck

Can you give some solution for this?

Everythings work fine on my new installation, except that i can't use all my cores

MB:ASUS Maximus II Formula and Proc:q9450

Even my nvidia 9600gt works like a charm too

Thanks

Note: my system don't has AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (i install with ideneb and i think it's the default from it)

Hi mackerintel

On my Gigabyte computer I do not use ChameleonEFI for many reasons. I use WindowsXP boot and write into boot.ini a string

c:/chain0="MacOS X"

Is it possible to remake this chain0 loader to use DSDT patch?

Can you give some solution for this?

Perhaps you need some kind of "bless" command.

Hi mackerintel

On my Gigabyte computer I do not use ChameleonEFI for many reasons. I use WindowsXP boot and write into boot.ini a string

@cipz & Slice: IMHO best way to launch chameleon is to use any multiboot-compliant bootloader. My choice is GRUB. If you want to use it on NTFS you need GRUBv2.

Does anyone know how to boot ext3fs partitions with this?

What do you mean exactly? Explain

Hi mackerintel

chain0's job in the boot process is only to find a bootable HFS+ partition then load its stage1 loader (the first sector of a given hfs+ partition), so it doesn't know anything about what kind of stage2 loader is being used later.

Perhaps you need some kind of "bless" command.

@cipz & Slice: IMHO best way to launch chameleon is to use any multiboot-compliant bootloader. My choice is GRUB. If you want to use it on NTFS you need GRUBv2.

I've already added chain0 into my vista bootloader using easyBCD

I'm in 3ple booting, xp, vista, and osx

Will it be different if i'm using grub 2?

i've tried before using grub (without installing it, only using "rename files trick") to manage boot option

But it's not convenient for me, so i chose using easybcd

Also, sorry for stupid question, what is the correct format result for dsdt.aml? is it document type? or unix executable file?

it's so infuriating, since i has been attempting to make the dsdt patch work almost a week ;)

But i always stuck on 10485 buffer header things ;)

But i always stuck on 10485 buffer header things :)

Format for DSDT.aml is ... AML. It's format specific to ACPI.

Either you have yet another problem in your DSDT or you didn't install correctly. GRUB basically does the same that easybcd. It's the only method of launching chameleon I use myself. Try installing debug version to see whether new DSDT is loaded

Hi All,

Please find attached the DSTS (ASL) file from my HP Compaq 6710b. Like Ovof's issue, the extracted AML won't eveb compile at all without any modifications.

My goal is: any advance towards being able to sleep/wake the laptop and possibly a vanilla install (and support for 10.5.6). Right now, sleep doesn't work (iAtkos v4 patched to 10.5.5 with update combo).

The error I get when trying to compile the ASL is as follows.Can someone also help to indicate what changes I need to make to get it to compile and also solve all the various issues which is the purpose of this thread. Thanks.

C:\ACPI>asl hp6710b.dsts.ASL

Microsoft ACPI Source Language Assembler Version 3.0.1NT [Aug 29 2006, 14:17:49]

Copyright © 1996,2006 Microsoft Corporation

Compliant with the ACPI 3.0a Specification

hp6710b.dsts.ASL:

3647: Method(_BQC, 0x0, Serialized)

^***

hp6710b.dsts.ASL(3647): warning: not a valid reserved NameSeg

7407: Name(_WDG, Buffer(0xf0)

^***

hp6710b.dsts.ASL(7407): warning: not a valid reserved NameSeg

7892: Method(_WED, 0x1, NotSerialized)

^***

hp6710b.dsts.ASL(7892): warning: not a valid reserved NameSeg

13646: }

^***

hp6710b.dsts.ASL(13646): error: expecting Symbol '('

C:\ACPI>

hp6710b.dsts.ASL.txt

There is also a similar project on psystar site: openDSDT.kext

Compared to this, it's like using an injecter (as nvkush) instead of EFI strings. Personally I think that it's better to have DSDT loaded at the bootloader, not as a kext, but for who that has problems with modified Chameleon it could be useful.

There is also a similar project on psystar site: openDSDT.kext

Compared to this, it's like using an injecter (as nvkush) instead of EFI strings. Personally I think that it's better to have DSDT loaded at the bootloader, not as a kext, but for who that has problems with modified Chameleon it could be useful.

OpenDSDT can't replace your DSDT if it's bigger than original. Also it probably replaces DSDT too late, when it's already started being executed (but I haven't checked this). If it's true it can create all kind of problems especially if your new DSDT is quite different from older one but also in some other cases.

[Also I don't like that psystar constantly changes their url and if you follow an old link you get redirected to their store. But it isn't a topic of discussion here]

My goal is: any advance towards being able to sleep/wake the laptop and possibly a vanilla install (and support for 10.5.6). Right now, sleep doesn't work (iAtkos v4 patched to 10.5.5 with update combo).

Tried to do some fixes for you DSDT but it's really problematic one. I managed to get it compiled but it involved dropping some really faulty code. You should contact HP and ask them why do they ship so crappy DSDT.

When the boot menu comes up, and you pick a partition, partion 4 and 5 dont come up as they are ext3 and swap partitions respectively

If you have linux then I see no reason why not to use GRUB method. GRUB is really good at loading linux it can also chainload windows or launch chameleon from a file on ext3. If you want to chainload linux from chameleon be sure to install GRUB/LILO to the partiton and not to the MBR. AFAIR then Chameleon will show your linux partition

hp6710b.dsts.ASL.txt

If you have linux then I see no reason why not to use GRUB method. GRUB is really good at loading linux it can also chainload windows or launch chameleon from a file on ext3. If you want to chainload linux from chameleon be sure to install GRUB/LILO to the partiton and not to the MBR. AFAIR then Chameleon will show your linux partition

I would use grub, but when i flag partion 4 (ubuntu partion) it still only shows up with the dsdt loader

after reinstalling darwin bootloader from iatkos cd, then reinstalling chameleon/dsdt, fdisk now works, and i can boot my grub partition

ty

Either you have yet another problem in your DSDT or you didn't install correctly.

Is it possible that i have another acpi problem?

I can only install mac osx if i removed the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext inside IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

Otherwise i will get kernel panic

I will try your solution first and post later

Btw, thanks a lot for your reply..

Since i'm new to this osx scene :P

Here's what i have done since first attempt :

I install ideneb 10.5.5 v1.3, with no probs

1. Replace file boot with your file, i rename file 'boot' into 'bootOLD', and rename your 'chameleon' into 'boot' then place it in the root partition. your chameleon file is a document type file, not unix executable file

2. Run the patcher from fassl in my hfs+ partition (mac), result in 'dsdt.aml' --> rename the file into 'DSDT.aml' then put it the root partition too. This dsdt.aml file is also document type file.

3. Replace old files from JAS with latest ACPIPlatform.kext and ACPIAPIC.kext, repair permissions

4. Not install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, since ideneb exclude that kext by default

5. reboot and cross my fingers :)

But.. yeah yet always stuck in 10485 buffer header......

in verbose mode there is also a line like:

Extensions "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compenents; use only one style

It's that a problem too? maybe you know what does it mean?

Aprreciate everybody's efforts cause I feel closer to get both cores working on my laptop.

After I applied pathced DSDT I got ApplHPET working, but ApplIntelCPUPowermanagement told me:

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: Class "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" is duplicate

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement; destroying kmod

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Seeing this output what conclusions can we produce Fassl?

You can see kexts loaded in picture.

I attach my dsl file, may be you can compile it to aml...

Please mackerintel edit my dsl file attached?

dsl_HP_Compaq_nx9420_F.14_original.zip

Extensions "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compenents; use only one style

It's that a problem too? maybe you know what does it mean?

i have this error in both boot132 and ideneb installations

but i can't remember if i allways had this error and it's something that cannot go away

can somebody confirm?

do you get this error at boot? (it's at the very top of boot,i think just after cpus appear/sometimes u don't have this error in console even if u show that in boot)

Aprreciate everybody's efforts cause I feel closer to get both cores working on my laptop.

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: Class "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" is duplicate

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement; destroying kmod

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

You have the disabler installed.