Chameleon with DSDT override

mackerintel

253 posts in this topic

success on GA-EP45-DS3 with 8GB ram :angel:

after testing different versions the -newHPET command did the trick. it worked with fassls patcher version 1.0.1e and your acpi12 version. no more disabler needed.

one question: what about the dsmos.kext for now and the future?

thanks for the good work

Not so much luck here... same motherboard, used the command and patcher but don't seem to be able to find the acpi12.

Here is what I did:

1. installed the patch and the patched chameleon but did not reboot (problem here?).
  2. used SoftwareUpdater to download and boot into the 10.5.6 update; kernel panic somewhere half-way through.
  3. rebooted to spare Leopard install and installed 10.5.6 update from manually downloaded file
  4. booted with safe-mode, just to be sure; booted fine
  5. tried reboot, which got stuck somewhere before booting back up (screen powered off)
  6. rebooted manually and all seems fine, except:
    • all hard disks show up with yellow icons (like FireWire disks, but without the FW logo)
    • "About this Mac" shows my Q6600 as "4 GHz Unknown" but system seems to see all 4 cores (as per iStat Menu CPU Activity Monitor)
    • System Profiler shows errors under Hardware and no CPU info

[*]removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and rebooted; same hang-up as before, no changes to the problem above

Soo.... what to do?

Any pointers greatly appreciated!!

Anyone with a Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2?

I'm getting kernel panic when removing IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions ...

dsmos: Starting...

Panic (CPU 0 Caller 0x2E3FFC65): Unsupported CPU\n"@/SouceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-39.2/cstatecpu.c:632

Debugger Called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame: Return Address (4 Potential Args on Stack)

Backtrace Terminated-Invalid Frame Pointer 0

Kernel Loadable Modules In Backtrace (With Dependencies):

com.Apple.Driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(9.39.2)@0x2e3fe000 -> 0x2e417fff

I'm using Leopard 10.5.5 with vanilla kernel + chameleon and boot file from Netkas (http://netkas.org/?p=74)

My DSDT for debug, generated by the 1.0.1e Patcher: http://hvc.sites.digi.com.br/conrado.tar

Thanks in advance and sorry for any english mistake ;)

How do I know if my DSDT patch is working?

I have an Asus P5W DH, I have Chameleon 1.0.12 installed and ran the latest DSDT Patcher GUI that placed a file dsdt.aml in my root directory.

System reboots without problems.

Thanks

Paul

BTW in my system profiler it shows

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.EFI.V80

Is this a problem? should it show BOOT.EFI.V90?

I have tried using the PC_EFIv9 bootloader, but the system refuses to boot, leaving just a flashing cursor

dsdt.aml.zip

How do I know if my DSDT patch is working?

There is an debug version for that chameleon with dsdt available !

If you use that, you see (slow on screen) each step of that dsdt loading and using.

You dont need any special kernel boot option -v. chameleon works before that.

i uploaded that chameleondebug, already renamed to boot.

Copy that file into the root folder / of the startvolume.

HINT: uploading an dsdt.aml is not good because it is not readable (is compiled hex!), if someone of the dsdt pro´s should look into that, you need to upload your readable .dsl or the .txt files (in debug folder of Patchers)

chameleondebug_boot.zip

HINT: uploading an dsdt.aml is not good because it is not readable (is compiled hex!), if someone of the dsdt pro´s should look into that, you need to upload your readable .dsl or the .txt files (in debug folder of Patchers)

use "iasl -d dsdt.aml" if you want to decompile the .aml into a .dsl

Sorry about the "dsdt.aml" file. Here is the output from the Chameleon debug version attached, and the decompiled dsdt file.

Does this mean everything is OK? If I look at the system profiler it still says " Boot ROM Version: BOOT.EFI.V80"

If this is working, should I be able to restore the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext without a problem.

One last question is the debug version of the boot file the same as the 1.0.12 version?

Many thanks for the help answering my questions. I appreciate it.

Paul

post-156463-1230541149_thumb.jpg

DSDT_debug.zip

Your screenshoot looks a bit different to mine, but thats because some other BIOS and some devices i didnt have.

Looks good, i think an really error would be shown different. So dsdt is loaded.

If the loaded dsdt makes all good/ OS X can handle that is an other thing.

Even if the patchers do a lot of fixes, sometime it is very helpful to look before using that compiled .aml (ony an .aml when no errors) into the build.log file (folder debug).

Yours:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]

Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4389: Method (OCOP, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (OCOP)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5103: Method (PROC, 3, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (PROC)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6111: Store (PROC (Local0, Local1, Zero), Local2)

Warning 1092 - Called method may not always return a value ^

./dsdt_fixed.txt 8838: Release (SMBA)

Warning 1099 - Statement is unreachable ^

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11777: Method (VGET, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (VGET)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11822: Method (TGET, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (TGET)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11884: Method (FGET, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (FGET)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11920: Store (VGET (Local0), Local1)

Warning 1092 - ^ Called method may not always return a value

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11962: Store (TGET (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11995: Store (FGET (Local0), Local1)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 12250 lines, 423196 bytes, 4718 keywords

AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 38135 bytes, 986 named objects, 3732 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 10 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 45 Optimizations

DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e -- report Bugs to superfassl@gmail.com

enclose "DSDT Patcher/Debug/USER.tar"

You see 0 errors = compiler can make your dsdt.aml file - thats needed.

You also see some warnings, not really an problem , but often can also be fixed by editing the fixed but readable

.dsl or .txt files and recompile them by hand.

That new , patcher + hand optimized = double fixed .aml file can be used.

For fixing such (BIOS devs didnt coded strict to an DSDT Standard) look around that thread or ask the pro´s here (i am not pro :P )

for an solution for those warnings.

At least the lokal0, lokal1 warnings are known to fix.

I think you will get hints to fix those warnings in the DSDT Patcher thread:

I would post your build.log (or copy the main thing, warnings) in the post, perhaps with mainboard name.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

could someone please take a look at my DSDT.DSL? I have had trouble will s3 sleep both in OSX (Since 10.46) and XP. I have the symptoms of many folks, on S3 resume fans resume to 100% and no response from PC (screen is blank, not reachable) .

Currently running fairly stock with EFI strings for 8800GT but a few kexts for ALC883. Confirmed that boot loader is loading DSDT

kmare.zip

Hi Mackerintel/All, thanks for the help with compiling the buggy DSDT from my HP Compaq 6710b laptop. I installed the Chameleon with DSDT override. Placed the compiled dsdt.aml in the root of my OSX installation and rebooted the system. The screen went blank a few seconds after the desktop came up. I rebooted to single user and removed the dsdt.aml and was able to boot up. It appears the machine went to sleep due to wrong temperature value detection. Below are some entries from my system.log file. I have attached some more entries from my system.log and my kextstat output.

Is there a kext I need to remove or some basic issue with my dsdt.aml content?

Thanks.

Nov 13 22:33:02 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!

Nov 13 22:33:02 omegaxhp configd[34]: PMSettingsPSChange() Battery Power

Nov 13 21:33:56 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!System Doze

Nov 13 21:33:57 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!PM notification timeout (pid 34, configd)

Nov 13 21:33:57 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!

Is it possible that i have another acpi problem?

I can only install mac osx if i removed the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext inside IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

Otherwise i will get kernel panic

I will try your solution first and post later

Btw, thanks a lot for your reply..

Since i'm new to this osx scene :lol:

Here's what i have done since first attempt :

I install ideneb 10.5.5 v1.3, with no probs

1. Replace file boot with your file, i rename file 'boot' into 'bootOLD', and rename your 'chameleon' into 'boot' then place it in the root partition. your chameleon file is a document type file, not unix executable file

2. Run the patcher from fassl in my hfs+ partition (mac), result in 'dsdt.aml' --> rename the file into 'DSDT.aml' then put it the root partition too. This dsdt.aml file is also document type file.

3. Replace old files from JAS with latest ACPIPlatform.kext and ACPIAPIC.kext, repair permissions

4. Not install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, since ideneb exclude that kext by default

5. reboot and cross my fingers :rolleyes:

But.. yeah yet always stuck in 10485 buffer header......

in verbose mode there is also a line like:

Extensions "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compenents; use only one style

It's that a problem too? maybe you know what does it mean?

I ran into the same problem too..but i managed to bypass all of that with Jas ACPI..then I removed firewire kext(mean disabled them) and you might wanna disabled AppleEFIRuntime.kext too. then boot using cpus=1 -f -v see what happen..I use this method too. but only replace original ACPI kext with Jas kext. and remember to choose cpus=1 fix when installing iDeneb...hope this could help you.

Using the debug patch I see what looks like my DSDT.aml is getting loaded (see pic)

I get a "No ACPI version 2 found" and after the debug timeout it reboots piratically right away as if it didn't process the DSDT.aml.

This is for an MSI P7NGM-Digital which uses an AMI bios.

I have an ASUS P57NA-VM which shares the same chipset with an AMI bios and an almost identical DSDT.

I can take the DSDT made for the MSI and boot the ASUS just fine (it also generates a No ACPI version 2 found message).

So I'm not sure where this is going wrong. It looks like it isn't paying attention to the changes on the MSI.

Normally just the CPU Alias and a RTC fix should be enough for it to boot with a PM disabler.

But again, I get the reboot instead.

Any ideas?

dsdtpatchdebug1nh7.th.jpg

msimod1_dsdt.zip

I first updated to PC EFI_v9 Chameleon using the installer/package that is included in the DSDT Patcher GUI. Then, I applied a patched DSDT using the GUI application and restarted. I am stuck at the grey apple logo boot screen. I tried to boot using verbose, safe mode and also in single user mode. It always gets stuck at:

"HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files or directories"

dsc01426ye1.th.jpg

Please help! I am posting this from my backup OS(Vista).

- thanks!

I first updated to PC EFI_v9 Chameleon using the installer/package that is included in the DSDT Patcher GUI. Then, I applied a patched DSDT using the GUI application and restarted. I am stuck at the grey apple logo boot screen. I tried to boot using verbose, safe mode and also in single user mode. It always gets stuck at:

"HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files or directories"

dsc01426ye1.th.jpg

Please help! I am posting this from my backup OS(Vista).

- thanks!

Have you tried, DSDT=n or DropDSDT=y at the darwin command line?

I'm sure there's an override option that you can use at darwin boot command line.

Have you tried, DSDT=n or DropDSDT=y at the darwin command line?

I'm sure there's an override option that you can use at darwin boot command line.

Tried that but didn't work, still stops at the same message. Please help someone!

• 2 weeks later...

Yea - what do I do with these files (from the zip)? You say to make them /boot, but I'm a little unclear as to what that means (aside from referring to the /boot directory, which I'm familiar with from using GRUB with linux).

I have Chameleon installed, I just need to know what to do with these files.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea - what do I do with these files (from the zip)? You say to make them /boot, but I'm a little unclear as to what that means (aside from referring to the /boot directory, which I'm familiar with from using GRUB with linux).

I have Chameleon installed, I just need to know what to do with these files.

wondering the same thing.

Actually I'm a bit confused. I running 10.5.5 vanilla kernel (main install from kalyway 10.5.2 dvd), and I'm not sure if I even need to do anything before I install the 10.5.6 update. when I read the top of the first post of this thread it seems like there is no need for the DSDT patch or anything, because quote: "...the final version of 10.5.6 AppleRTC.kext doesnt panic without DSDT patch..."

Could someone please explain what I need to do to update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am quite new to this community and I just downloaded and installed iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 on my computer (Core 2 duo 2.8ghz e7400, MSI G31M3-F, 9500GT Video, 2g ram).

After the installation (which completed successfully) there was the using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster error and so I fixed it with the old JaS files. The computer could boot up normally but only with 1 core or else it will simply restart after showing a few lines.

I tried the DSDT patch and it compiled successfully and I also used your chameleon patch to reinstall chameleon and chameleon replaced my boot file properly, but the computer still reboots in the same manner if I try to use both cores.

I am not much of a programmer, so can anyone help me out with the problem, I attached the dsl file.

Thanks!

dsdt.dsl.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I've patched my DSDT trying to get rid of the single core problem...

something went wrong and now I cannot even get the single user mode prompt

is there any chameleon boot parameter to avoid loading the /dsdt.aml file on start up????

thanks

• 1 month later...

[modified cross-post from Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7), Boot-132 + EFI Partition Boot]

running the DSDT patch exactly as described, placing the resulting dsdt.aml into the root directory as /DSDT.aml and

then enabling all cores and HT booting gets stuck with the last message:

"using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Deleting /DSDT.aml resolves it, but of course there is only on core without HT which defeats the purpose of a core i7.,

Booting with one core set in the bios plus- x brings it up.

Thanks in advance - cpufreeze

P6T Deluxe V2 - i7 920 - 12GB - 10.5.6 - currently booting of 132 CD