Chameleon with DSDT override

mackerintel

253 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Munky's EFI-partition boot with the diff from the dl in this topic. I patched the fake_efi.c file in the i386/libsaio folder of Munky's source. The patching goes fine, but when I make I get the following errors:

Booter executable larger than 65024 bytes

make[2]: *** [boot] Error 1

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there a way to get around this?

Mike

According to the lead topic on the Chameleon web site that is one of the things the Chameleon team is working on. I think you will need to work with them or wait until they release their next version of Chameleon.

success on GA-EP45-DS3 with 8GB ram :)

after testing different versions the -newHPET command did the trick. it worked with fassls patcher version 1.0.1e and your acpi12 version. no more disabler needed.

one question: what about the dsmos.kext for now and the future?

thanks for the good work

Hi I have been trying to do newhpet but does not write it on patcher.

This is what I do I doubleclick on patcher terminal windows opens I write -newHPET and press enter

then it says patching and write file.

Some how it tells me hpet found but I dont think it writes a new one.

I am doing it wrong???????? :(

thanks for info Ill try straight away.........

open terminal

cd to folder with patcher

type

cp "dsdt patcher" dsdtpatcher

chmod +x dsdtpatcher

./dsdtpatcher -newHPET

and follow instructions

should I put folder dsdt patcher in root.

Mine is in Downloads folder is called dsdt

open terminal

cd to folder with patcher

type

cp "dsdt patcher" dsdtpatcher

chmod +x dsdtpatcher

./dsdtpatcher -newHPET

and follow instructions

I managet to do it thanks a lot althought it seems with applecpumanagment kext loaded a bit hotter ....

well I noticed my fans last longer anyway do we really need this kext????

not really - imo the goal at the moment is more to be "resistant" against the AICPM kext during update. did someone try the generic cpu kext?

any differences with temperature?

Serious issue for me.

After following an advice to choose option 1 xp when patching dsdt.

My CMOS got messed up, and after reseting everything in BIOS I still get the message:

Diskette Drive 1 seek failure. which is a sata drive, after that it says drive not available,

and press F1 to continue, and i can load OSX but it is very slow.

I re-run the patcher, and chose option 0 Darwin, but problem persists.

Access to my other OSes has also been affected (very slow too)

By the way, initially when I patched for the first time with Darwin option, it worked like a charm, just that usb kb/mouse not working when resumed from sleep, so choosing xp opinon was to see if it will fix it, but it messed up seek access to drives instead.

I use a Pentium 4 Prescott with HTT, SSE3 and HPET... (Dell 8300) and a combo Chameleon 1.0.12 (from Aitkos) + Netkas pc_efi v9

Any help appreciated...

Hello

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI6

I get over 200 errors and it obviously refuses to compile the hex code for this because of it.

Full dsdt.dsl attached too

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
  AML Disassembler version 20061109 [May 16 2007]
  Copyright (C) 2000 - 2006 Intel Corporation
  Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Loading Acpi table from file dsdt.dat
  Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
  Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
  Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
  Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)
  Parsing completed
  Disassembly completed, written to "dsdt.dsl"

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ iasl -ta dsdt.dsl
  Maximum error count (200) exceeded
  ASL Input:  dsdt.dsl - 8166 lines, 302129 bytes, 3502 keywords
  Compilation complete. 201 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 4 Optimizations

dsdt.dat.txt

dsdt.dsl.txt

(.txt appended to allow uploading to site)

Am I the only one that finds it strange that the references to the Operating Systems is like this

being labeled 2001, 2006

Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
		   If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local0))
		   {
			   If (_OSI ("Linux"))
			   {
				   Store (One, LINX)
				   Store (Zero, ECDY)
			   }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001"))
			   {
				   Store (0x07D1, OSYS)
			   }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP1"))
			   {
				   Store (0x07D1, OSYS)
			   }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP2"))
			   {
				   Store (0x07D2, OSYS)
			   }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))
			   {
				   Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
			   }
		   }

Any help in fixing this would help greatly.

Serious issue for me.

After following an advice to choose option 1 xp when patching dsdt.

My CMOS got messed up, and after reseting everything in BIOS I still get the message:

Diskette Drive 1 seek failure. which is a sata drive, after that it says drive not available,

and press F1 to continue, and i can load OSX but it is very slow.

I re-run the patcher, and chose option 0 Darwin, but problem persists.

Access to my other OSes has also been affected (very slow too)

By the way, initially when I patched for the first time with Darwin option, it worked like a charm, just that usb kb/mouse not working when resumed from sleep, so choosing xp opinon was to see if it will fix it, but it messed up seek access to drives instead.

I use a Pentium 4 Prescott with HTT, SSE3 and HPET... (Dell 8300) and a combo Chameleon 1.0.12 (from Aitkos) + Netkas pc_efi v9

Any help appreciated...

Normally DSDT patching shouldn't affect your CMOS. I would reset the CMOS again, and then disconnect computer from power completely. If problem persists see if some legacy/emulation/... modes are enabled in BIOS. Try to change it. If problem persists try disconnecting/reconnecting you HD and/or putting it on another channel.

But perhaps your problem is in reality this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817472 solution: http://winhlp.com/node/10. You should check this after trying anything from above list

Normally DSDT patching shouldn't affect your CMOS. I would reset the CMOS again, and then disconnect computer from power completely. If problem persists see if some legacy/emulation/... modes are enabled in BIOS. Try to change it. If problem persists try disconnecting/reconnecting you HD and/or putting it on another channel.

But perhaps your problem is in reality this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817472 solution: http://winhlp.com/node/10. You should check this after trying anything from above list

I had the same problems like Mackerintel with mixing up my cmos 2 times. I think causing theis problem was Fassl`s patcher option WinXP. No CMOS Problems with option 0 Darwine. Waking up from Sleep is not satisfying at the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes only restart will help. I still have AppleACPIPlatform.kext aka reboot fix installed. Reboot did not work with vanilla kext.

Thanks for the up guys, I did do the cmos jumper, and battery trick + changed the sata cable, I don't know which worked, but now my system is more responsive than even from before, so maybe it was the cable that was on the finish line, and the dsdt patch with xp option just pushed it over the edge so to speak ;)

Cheers

I had the same problems like Mackerintel with mixing up my cmos 2 times. I think causing theis problem was Fassl`s patcher option WinXP. No CMOS Problems with option 0 Darwine. Waking up from Sleep is not satisfying at the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes only restart will help. I still have AppleACPIPlatform.kext aka reboot fix installed. Reboot did not work with vanilla kext.

err mackerintel, I could not access xp or vista while i had the problem, so my options were limited.

I wonder why i could still access OSX, seems OSX was more forgiving than windows, but boy it was slow, but i had a verion from usb, and a version from another ide hard disk, but the sata slow seek was still slowing down everything, it was either the cable, or the hard disk or the controller, i am glad only the cbale, it costs less :P.

Fixed my sleep problems. I had turned off use secure virtual memory in security systems settings when trying netkas v9boot and depp sleep. Everything running perfectly now.

Big thanks to mackerintel and Fassl for the patches and all others who made running OSX on PC possible

There is also a similar project on psystar site: openDSDT.kext

Compared to this, it's like using an injecter (as nvkush) instead of EFI strings. Personally I think that it's better to have DSDT loaded at the bootloader, not as a kext, but for who that has problems with modified Chameleon it could be useful.

This kest must be installed with kext helper?

Or some other operations are requested?

I'm trying to compile Munky's EFI-partition boot with the diff from the dl in this topic. I patched the fake_efi.c file in the i386/libsaio folder of Munky's source. The patching goes fine, but when I make I get the following errors:

Hey there,

Yes, we're hitting the 64k limit for boot2 which boot1 can handle. New Chameleon will get around this limit, but in the meantime i've posted a build of the EFI partition booter with this patch integrated (cheers mackerintel, great work!). To keep within the size limit, i've had to remove the Apple logo, so you just get a grey screen while booting, but if you can live with that, v6.1 is a good stop-gap until the new Chameleon hits.

Is it possible for anyone to add this patch to the Boot132's boot? I myself am not that much of a coder and so haven't got the knowledge to do it myself.

I like the idea to keep my WinVista and my OSX complete undependend from each other, so the USB-stick is the best i can get, but having both cores and Sound etc in the dsdt sounds like a really nice thing to have!

Thanks,

Aranius

Or, if not possible, is it able to load extensions from a seperate folder, like in EFI-Boot or 132? Thought i read something like that about Chameleon, but can't find it anymore and so i'm not sure...

I applied the patch on a X9650 quadcore with limited success, it would boot up with cpu=2 but not with the 4 cores. Of course, that was better than single core yet a bit frustrating.

then looking at the dsdt.dsl file, I noticed the presence of some ALIAS which I thought were removed by the patcher. This was my original Scope declaration

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P002, CPU2)

Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Alias (P004, CPU4)

}

Corrected Scope for the Intel X9650 quad core extreme.

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}

Processor (P002, 0x02, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P003, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

Processor (P004, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

}

I can now boot up 10.5.5 with iDeneb vanilla as well as Voodoo kernels with all 4 cores.

thanks fassl for the early xmas -_-