Chameleon with DSDT override

mackerintel

253 posts in this topic

Update: file chameleon in chameleon.zip should become your /boot...

I can no longer restart when I use your chameleon as my /boot: though the debug version works for me so what's the catch? How do I solve this?

I mean I don't want a slow(er) startup due to all debug info, and dumping something like: "version 1 not found" in the non-debug version is IMHO not done.

Edit: I have not tried to recompile it, but I might give it a try later today – I don't have any use for Chameleon 2 RC1 since I am only using OS X on my hack, and thus v1.0.1n is all I need (for now).

• 1 year later...

PLEASE help me I am trying to do this tutorial but i don't know how to install the chameleon bootloader, I dont know where to start lol :( . Can someone help me I already have chameleon v2 RC4 installed but want to patch my dsdt so that ideneb can recognize my 4 core i7 920. Please help me :euro:

The last post in this thread before yours is more than a year old, and the version of Chameleon that this thread is about is obsolete.

If you already have Chameleon 2.0 RC4 installed you don't need to do anything to your bootloader or its configuration to use a patched DSDT with it.

You don't need to patch your DSDT to get OS X to recognize your i7 CPU. All you need to do is add SMBustype=1793 to /Extra/smbios.plist.

Read: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1400949

The above will not work if you're using the Voodoo kernel, the Voodoo Kernel already has CPU overriding/faking built-in.

What kernel are you using? If you don't know, run Terminal.app, type uname -a and post the output here.

If it turns out you're using the Voodoo Kernel, don't worry about the CPU type being incorrect, it's perfectly normal and it's for the best.