Chameleon with DSDT override

mackerintel

253 posts in this topic

What kind of disabler?

Don't you think if I get rid of IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext I place system in a hang at next boot.

Doncha... you know what this thread is about? It is up to you if you want to keep the disabler or not. But that is why you get those error messages.

Doncha... you know what this thread is about? It is up to you if you want to keep the disabler or not. But that is why you get those error messages.

OK I will try. Thank you.

I keep a respect to every answer I get in this forum cause it helps me one day to get 2 cores proper work.

This thread supported me to get a DSDT that affected to start AppleHPET. Next aim to start AppleIntelCPUPM and realize of correct way to get stable CPU performance! It's seems a long chain )) 

i have this error in both boot132 and ideneb installations

but i can't remember if i allways had this error and it's something that cannot go away

can somebody confirm?

do you get this error at boot? (it's at the very top of boot,i think just after cpus appear/sometimes u don't have this error in console even if u show that in boot)

yeah.. i always have this error..

for the 1st time i install kalyway 10.5.2 it appears at boot, like you said ufter cpus appear

now i'm using ideneb 10.5.5, yet it's still there

don't know if this error relates with DSDT or not

coz i can't get the dsdt patch working :D

hi,

i did follow all the procedure, install chameleon, install the new chameleon to be loaded with grub and also i copied it to be the /boot on my partition and i have a DSDT.aml at the root of my partition wich the patcher modified with success.

with my laptop i could boot on the dekstop with two cores but it was crashing sooner or later, how do i know the new DSDT.aml is loaded and is overiding the old one?

i don't seem to have any message visible regarding this.

thanks in advance.

Hi Mackerintel/All, thanks for the help with compiling the buggy DSDT from my HP Compaq 6710b laptop. I installed the Chameleon with DSDT override. Placed the compiled dsdt.aml in the root of my OSX installation and rebooted the system. The screen went blank a few seconds after the desktop came up. I rebooted to single user and removed the dsdt.aml and was able to boot up. It appears the machine went to sleep due to wrong temperature value detection. Below are some entries from my system.log file. I have attached some more entries from my system.log and my kextstat output.

Is there a kext I need to remove or some basic issue with my dsdt.aml content?

Thanks.

Nov 13 22:33:02 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!

Nov 13 22:33:02 omegaxhp configd[34]: PMSettingsPSChange() Battery Power

Nov 13 21:33:56 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!System Doze

Nov 13 21:33:57 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!PM notification timeout (pid 34, configd)

Nov 13 21:33:57 omegaxhp kernel[0]: PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!

system.log.txt

kextstatlist.txt

Hi.

My notebook suspends only with bios ver 2.8. If i dump that bios and update to later version, and use old DSDT.aml for override, it suspends, but doesn't resume. With later bios versions and without DSDT.aml it doesn't even suspend.

Could SSDT override solve this?

Nice work. I can now use LID for suspending with added Device (PNLF). :(

success on GA-EP45-DS3 with 8GB ram :P

after testing different versions the -newHPET command did the trick. it worked with fassls patcher version 1.0.1e and your acpi12 version. no more disabler needed.

one question: what about the dsmos.kext for now and the future?

thanks for the good work

Hi Mackerintel, sorry to bother you but could you take a look at post #180 from me(any time would be fine). Thanks.

You may notice from the kexstat output that I dont have AppleIntelCPUPM and I do have the ACPIPowerSource in my ACPIPlatform Plugins subdirectory.

Thanks.

mackinterel-

thank you in advance for your continued help.

i get the following error when trying to add the -newHPET flag to your patcher:

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

./dsdt_fixed.txt  2828:                     Method (_BCQ, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1098 -                  Unknown reserved name ^  (_BCQ)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  5525:                     If (LEqual (C214, 0xFFFFFFFD))
Warning  1099 -             Statement is unreachable ^ 

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 13784 lines, 505452 bytes, 6404 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 61136 bytes, 1105 named objects, 5299 executable opcodes

the dsdt.aml is created, but i still get a hang when i try cpus=2 (hp nc6320, bios like nx7400)

do you - or anyone- know of dual core success with nx7400/nc6320?

thanks

mackinterel-

thank you in advance for your continued help.

i get the following error when trying to add the -newHPET flag to your patcher:

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

./dsdt_fixed.txt  2828:                     Method (_BCQ, 0, Serialized)
Warning  1098 -                  Unknown reserved name ^  (_BCQ)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  5525:                     If (LEqual (C214, 0xFFFFFFFD))
Warning  1099 -             Statement is unreachable ^ 

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 13784 lines, 505452 bytes, 6404 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 61136 bytes, 1105 named objects, 5299 executable opcodes

the dsdt.aml is created, but i still get a hang when i try cpus=2 (hp nc6320, bios like nx7400)

do you - or anyone- know of dual core success with nx7400/nc6320?

thanks

Try latest Bios from HP. In my case it is much more stable with enabled both cores. I have NX7400.

Great work Mackerintel and Fassl. I'm using the bootloader + patched aml, done with the patcher (with -newHPET argument)

The only thing I have now is that I can ONLY boot with parameter -f

When I don't give that parameter then it won't load the loginwindow and got stuck right before that. With -f it all loads fine but it's annoying and longer boot-time.

I already cleared all caches and rebuild mkext several times but the problem still occurs.

Any ideas?

Thnx guys,

BiTRiP

EDIT: I solved it by replacing AppleDecrypt.kext for dsmos.kext....for one reason the AppleDecrypt was not working well.

please someone can write me a noobs guide of how to do?

I've already succeed installing ideneb 10.5.5 v1.3 on my computer

how to install chameleon with dsdt override and how to patch using fassl tool

just a noob step by step, i really don't know what to do

thanks in advance

please someone can write me a noobs guide of how to do?

I've already succeed installing ideneb 10.5.5 v1.3 on my computer

how to install chameleon with dsdt override and how to patch using fassl tool

just a noob step by step, i really don't know what to do

thanks in advance

I doubt that someone will do that. as mackerintel wrote in his first post: first you should know how to install chameleon. imo you should also have some knowledge about basic arguments in terminal and at least really understand what you are doing.

@everyone. Next two weeks I'll be too busy to appear on this forum. I encourage everyone to try to modify their DSDT themselves. Try googling. DSDT is sometimes modified by linux users and their fixes may help OSX too. Especially it's true for compilation error. On the other hand "trial and error" could be a motto of hackintosh community. Removing description of problematic device may help (sometimes it even gets incompatible device working properly). Comparison between declarations in your DSDT and in DSDT from macbook may give an answer what needs to be changed in your DSDT. Removing error lines may fix some compile errors (or generate more). But still remember anything you do you do it at your own risk. I take no responsibility whatsoever. To know more about DSDT look at website acpi.info.

what is dsdt?

a)DSDT is an acronym for Differentiated System Description Table. This table contains the Differentiated Definition Block, which supplies the information and configuration information about the base system. It is always inserted into the ACPI Namespace by the OS at boot time. Unfortunately, many hardware vendors and OEMs are not capable of supplying fully functional tables (not even the members of the ACPI SIG).So there is a need to patch these tables by us. :hysterical:

Heard of Google?

nope i havent what is google

fast question:

dstdt loaded fine, also cpupowermanagement correctly

but pcefi9 says hibernate error

i noticed in the last version of dsdt patcher there is an option to overide settings from my Vista/OSX/XP installation

i choosed osx, is this correct?

maybe i need to choose XP and it will copy/paste the settings from XP to osx?

or if i choose XP will destroy my xp partition?

in this system i have/had XP working system in another disk for some years

thankz but i've allready tried it :rolleyes: (i like to destroy things :unsure: )

but...

xp or vista emulation feels the same

dsdt is loading and localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete

i just can't understand why pcefi9 complains about hybernate failure in boot...

also shutdown was never worked properly

and xbench gives lower scores in memory

higher temps (but ok i've read about this hundred of times!)

and at last.. with this method if computer goes to sleep cannot restart if i need

trully i don't care about shutdown/hibernate as long as i have sleep/restart

i only testing about perfomance, maybe the system can be faster, more stable

as for stability and perfomance, osx is fast but if i work for some hours it feels "tired" (lag on minimize windows etc)

this on real mac?

basically, after trial and error for 2 weeks,,

at last it works

use makerintel chameleon and fassl patch ver 1.d

now i can use appleintelcpupm and rtc without kp, also the important part is now my system's running quad cores!!

thanks especially to mackerintel

thanks a lot for the hardwork guys

will hug you if i could ;)

cheers

ps : mobo = asus maximus II formula (rev 1307) & proc = q9450

Hi everybody!

I installed iDeneb 10.5.5 on the computer in my signature but I have this error while the pc is booting, after the installation of ideneb, when the system reboots:

Mac framework successfully initialized

Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Can I fix it installing DSDT?Will my quad core Q9450 runs?

How can I replace It without leopard (from the terminal into iDeneb or from Xp)?

I don't know how to use the terminal yet, I would like a precise guide, please.....

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Munky's EFI-partition boot with the diff from the dl in this topic. I patched the fake_efi.c file in the i386/libsaio folder of Munky's source. The patching goes fine, but when I make I get the following errors:

Booter executable larger than 65024 bytes

make[2]: *** [boot] Error 1

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there a way to get around this?

Mike