G94(9600gt) is fully supported by new mbp drivers!

generalmilk

303 posts in this topic

Do you have your monitor plugged into the monitor socket on the left (as if you are looking at the back of the case) that is, the port closest to the motherboard.

Yep, it's plugged into port #1.

Everything works great, QE/CI an all, after bootup. But after resuming from sleep, there's no video.

Attention! "OSx86 Of Tools" compulsorily it must be in the folder " Applications". Errors otherwise can appear.

Do you mean the folder, or should the application file itself be in the Applications folder?

For those how want to play games in OS X:

Got the infamous "black screen" in Tomb Raider Anniversary (and all other full screen games). Plugged

the DVI->VGA cable into the other port but that didn't work either. I got "no signal" after rebooting, and

a light blue screen when using "detect displays" in System Settings -> Display.

Used OSX86Tools and generated a new EFI-string with "DVI/VGA" instead of "VGA/DVI".

Now it works perfectly (after several kernel panics related to my ethernet adapter. I have no clue

why but whenever I clear the kext cache it goes bananas).

Sorry for the quality of photo. If needed I'll try and do another one.

DSCF2022.png

You are looking at the rear of the card (DVI ports being the front) and you can make out the white plug for the fan. This has some coloured wires going into it. You need to remove the blue wire - this is the fan signal and controls the fan speed. Removing it causes the fan to spin 100% at all times

Thanks, that photo is ok.

Aha!

ANYONE WHO'S VIDEO DOESN'T RESUME FROM SLEEP

Make sure "Resume VGABIOS from S3" (or similar and if available) is set to NO. If it is set to yes, graphics will not return when waking the system.

Only could boot in safe-mode ( -x ) after updating to 10.5.5 from a working Leo4Allv2.

But this fixed the booting issue on top of getting QE/CI. Great job! Thanks a lot.

2. Open System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist (with nano, not

textedit) and change

0x062010de&0xffe0ffff

to

0x062210de&0xffe0ffff

Save (CTRL-O) and exit.

3. Use OSX86Tools to create EFI-string:

Click "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag". "GFX Strings", "Custom GeForce hex".

Select a device name, amount of memory and VGA/DVI configuration.

NB :

-Don't reboot after installing "aqua-mac" s package.

-Instead of copying the string and editing boot.plist manually, I just "imported the string" ( a command inside OSX86Tools) as noted by Alega in Post #91.

fan is ok but QE is not working.. ;)

picture1yb6.th.pngthpix.gif

I've now tried EFI strings (EFI Studio, and OSxTools), NKKush, and NVDarwin - ALL of them result in a black screen with mouse pointer on login. ALL of them are loading NVDA50, since with -x I can boot up and change resolution. Are there any other kexts which my be conflicting in the background? Damn, this is so frustrating...

Hey Satyr, appreciate the help - Kalyway 10.5.1 + kalywaycomboupdate 10.5.2 + kalywaycomboupdate 10.5.3 + 10.5.4 +10.5.5. Specs of the machine (it's not the home machine in my sig, work unit) are:

MSI P45 Neo plus Q9300 quad core 2.5ghz

2 Gb Supertalent 800 DDR2

Western Digital 250 Gb, MBR partition using Chameleon

SATA Intel ICH10 - man, that was a big headache... but patched the IOATA kext, and sorted out.

Oh - also using voodoo beta2c kernel (although that's not the problem - same issue on voodoo, vanilla 10.5.5. and modded 10.5.3).

Everything else is working sweet now - other than 9600GT and ALC888, which has also been a collosal headache.

The new driver is definately working - all the injectors, direct gfx strings or nvkush / NVdarwin allow resolution change, and the kexts (NVDA50 and NVResman) are showing as properly loaded. It seems not to be detecting the display...

I wonder if I should DL a 10.5.4 (e.g. JaS) or 10.5.5. distro and start from scratch... man, the headache... plus, I'm a big fan of the Kalyway distro's, solid (although Jas took me through 10.4.4 to 10.4.11!)

@ TD_D: I was going the same route as you with kaly but couldn't get past 10.5.3 update so I'm running lastest iATKOS with 10.5.5 update and vanilla kernel.

I'd suggest you to try with iATKOS, last being 2.6 GB, so it takes half the kaly install time and "it just works" everytime for me.

I never could get my iATKOS 10.5.2 to update to 10.5.5, I finally just bit the bullet and downloaded iDeneb 10.5.5. Following the instructions in post #77 and the advice in post #115, I have now my eVGA 9600 GT up and running, so far with no problems. Thanks guys! Now, if we can just get Mobility Radeon 3450 working so I mac up my laptop, I'll be a very happy individual.

Please help with enabling QE on 9600 GT (not 9600M GT)

First I installed it these kexts on Leo4All v2 dist (previously updated it to 10.5.5) Everything worked fine.

Then I installed iDeneb v.1.3 10.5.5 and kexts but no QE works :( System Profiler says I have software renderer. Of course it's very slowly. Can anyone help me?

P.S. Thanks in advance

Please help with enabling QE on 9600 GT (not 9600M GT)

First I installed it these kexts on Leo4All v2 dist (previously updated it to 10.5.5) Everything worked fine.

Then I installed iDeneb v.1.3 10.5.5 and kexts but no QE works :wacko: System Profiler says I have software renderer. Of course it's very slowly. Can anyone help me?

P.S. Thanks in advance

Run and install this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132089

Repair permissions. Reboot. Make sure your display is plugged into Port #1 on your card.

Yeah, I think I will - I report back - thanks for the help!

@ TD_D: I was going the same route as you with kaly but couldn't get past 10.5.3 update so I'm running lastest iATKOS with 10.5.5 update and vanilla kernel.

I'd suggest you to try with iATKOS, last being 2.6 GB, so it takes half the kaly install time and "it just works" everytime for me.

I must report that the drivers really work (after some days of working things out with various extensions and whatnot), NVDarwin and aquamac v2 drivers, the only must is that u upgrade to 10.5.5 :)

I have leo4all v4.1 that i upgraded to 10.5.5. Thanks everyone for making 9600GT work on osx!!!!

if anyone can help in makeing some magic and make the Atheros Lan chip work on the P45, that would be AWESOME :)

Asus P5Q / P45

Core2Duo E8400

ECS 9600GT 512 DDR3

4Gb DDR2 800Mhz

Satyr - I owe you a beer / wine / whiskey - installed iAtkos 4i, had to replace ACPI kext, upgraded to 10.5.5 - and bang on, osxtools gfx string, and new drivers - all working! I cannot tell you the joy of booting up _without_ -v; then hearing the fan switch off as driver engaged, and the screen coming through, joy and happiness. All I can say is - this puppy really flies.

Right! Now on to ALC888 ;-)

Many thanks to daniel_siq,

Now 9600m GT with Laptop LCD, HDMI, VGA working dual screen on internal LCD and VGA. The NVCAP daniel_siq used also worked for me like magic:

<04010101 0e000100 0e000000 0000010b 00000000>

Didn't try HDMI yet. According to daniel, the port could also work.