[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

Hi talisman. Thanks for the advice.

I've tried that DSDT.aml and no cigar. I'm not using any Nvinject - I just used the enabler. It doesn't crash any more, but it just sits on the grey screen with the spinning blob and never gets to the desktop.

I've also put the IntelCPUPMDisabler kext in there and still stuck on grey screen.

Any more ideas?

Any more ideas?

Hit f8 just before chameleon starts and you will get the OS choice screen. The choose mac boot in verbose mode (type -v even if there is no boot prompt). See where it gets stuck or take a picture and post it... also try -f -v

Thanks again for the help talisman. I am really pulling my hair out with this!

I've tried booting in with -f -v and just -v. Both get stuck just after it starts up the AirPort device. It says: AirPort: Link Down on en0 and then it stops.

I got the card working from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;#entry992205 it's a Broadcom 4312 (Dell Truemobile) card and works in my Dell Mini 9 okay (also with OSX). Any other ideas?

I got the card working from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;#entry992205 it's a Broadcom 4312 (Dell Truemobile) card and works in my Dell Mini 9 okay (also with OSX). Any other ideas?

Those should work out of the box and need no mods. Undo your mods or delete any extra kexts you might have installed. Do you see any other error messages or anything in yellow? If you want to delete any kexts you can boot with the -x option. And please upload a picture of where it gets stuck... it will be really helpful...

I have problem with latest software update 10.5.7. I updated my macos from version 10.5.5. I folowed guide on first page. Before update I installed chameleon and DSDT and reboot. All goes fine. After this I downloaded and started installing 10.5.7 update from system updates. Now my mac not boot. It's stuck on gray screen with apple logo.

Below is screenschoot from verbose mode. I have dell xps1530 with nvidia.

yhxs0915wbc1no8988d6_thumb.jpg

I updated my macos from version 10.5.5. I folowed guide on first page. Before update I installed chameleon and DSDT and reboot. All goes fine. After this I downloaded and started installing 10.5.7 update from system updates. Now my mac not boot. It's stuck on gray screen with apple logo.

Either boot with the -x option, mount / and delete IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E and reboot.

or, install IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext.

Second method preferred.

I thought the one you had edited broke something else.... remind me what it was. If I am wrong can you upload your edit please??

The only thing I am aware of that it broke was the fact that tapping doesn't work until I have gone to sleep one time. Soon as I do that once (I don't ever shut down since sleep is fine for me), it'll work until I actually do a full shutdown (well force shutdown since it doesn't work on ours :) ). I wish I could figure out why it doesn't work before a sleep... but ohwell, no big deal on my setup.

Link to edited file that has working "tap" after sleep.

Yes VodooPower now is much better.

I'll have to see how I can go about installing voodoopower... Since I used an iatkos install, I'm not 100% sure what all it installed that enabled "speedstep a" in the first place. I'm assuming I'll need to get that removed before I can setup voodoopower...

Off to an adventure on uninstalling speedstep and the little app that runs in the bar with it.

Off to an adventure on uninstalling speedstep and the little app that runs in the bar with it.

If you still have the Iatkos installer open it with Pacifist and extract the speedstep a package. Then check what files it installed (Run the package and choose Show files in the files/tools menu.. I forget which...)

ive posted here before and i have a question for either talisman or wingrunr

suppose i install parallels or vmware fusion on my m1330 and ive legally acquired an xp or vista image, can i install the speaker and internal mic drivers for windows and use the mic through the emulated windows for lets say, skype sessions?

This guide gave me the confidence to upgrade my HP530 laptop to a XPS M1530. I've used all the advise within this guide to get my M1530 to a nearly fully functional state. So thanks to everyone involved with this thread!!

The touchpad tapping was really annoying me so I've modified the VoodooPSController Kext to allow tapping at boot and also after sleep.

I would like people to try this out and provide feedback.

Just download and install with Kext Helper b7, rename/remove AppleACPIPSNub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext and reboot.

Use the trackpad.prefpane (contained within the standard voodooPSController package) to set tapping/clicking to on. You should now have tapping at boot and after sleep.

Thanks to the Voodoo Team for the source code for this kext!!

Trackpad.prefPane.zip

++Lion Edit 29 Feb 2012 ++

Working in Lion, Rename this file to Trackpad2.prefPane, double click and follow instructions to install this to System Preferences. Note will restart System Preferences in 32bit mode, but will allow you to configure the VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Oh BTW, the shutdown/restart problem is due to the kernel not running the PE_Halt_Restart Platform Expert Function, thus why we cannot use OpenHaltRestart or the hack contained within the VoodooPower kext since both of these injects code into this function to allow the system to shutdown/restart. This is next on my list to fix......

I found a bug in the previous kext that made it switch of Clicking when selecting options in the trackpad prefpan. The one below has been fixed.

View my latest post for latest version.

The touchpad tapping was really annoying me so I've modified the VoodooPSController Kext to allow tapping at boot and also after sleep.

I would like people to try this out and provide feedback.

I tried using these. tapping breaks sporadically and I could not find a definite reason for it. Also I prefer having two finger scroll than having a side scroll bar.

I did not remove ffscroll and that might have affected the tapping. Will try that later.

I tried using these. tapping breaks sporadically and I could not find a definite reason for it. Also I prefer having two finger scroll than having a side scroll bar.

I did not remove ffscroll and that might have affected the tapping. Will try that later.

I haven't tried it with FFScroll, but two finger scroll should work without FFscroll with VoodooPSController. I'm currently modifying the VoodooPS2 pref pane so we can configure it with ALPS Glidepad hardware.

After a few tries this is harder than i initially thought, so don't expect results soon!!!

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that i've tested the next release of "what you know" and it's working correctly (vanilla things not all kexts, apps etc...)

I will test it more when i have times but it looks very cool.

I have a Dell XPS1530.

See you.

Hi..

Just a quick note to let people know Project Camphor just released an "Intel 2200BG BETA driver" and it is available for download right now... here

Looks like 3945 and 4965 with WEP/WPA will be available soon too (I hope ) :)

Just keep an eye on this... :(

Best regards.

thanks for the guide, it's been most helpful!

For some reason, I can't get HDMI audio output to work. The video works fine, just not the audio. I'm using the audio kext in the guide

Hello, I am trying to install Vanilla 10.5.4 using a retail disk. It will boot just fine, but the fans will not activate and it will shut itself down within a few minutes due to overheating. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried adding -f as a boot flag and it will run longer than usual, but it will get to about 15% and shutdown.

Edit: My fan is dead :):) :censored2: :censored2: .

Hi,

I have read this whole thread over the last two days and have attempted to install a dual boot of Windows 7 and OS X on my M1330. I followed talismans dual boot part of the guide but for the sake of my question I will reiterate my steps.

First I installed windows 7 on one partition. It loaded and worked fine.

Second, I installed OS X via a retail verision of 10.5.6 using the NEWISO file at the bottom of the guide in the first post to boot and then install retail version.

Third, I updated from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 using software update. I can boot windows with just by using my hard drive and I can still boot OS X using the boot cd and selecting my external hard drive.

Fourth, Following Talisman's guide I restored the version on my external hard drive and can boot using the boot cd both windows 7 and OS x without any major issues each on a partition of my hd.

At this point I have not installed any Kexts other that what the installation installed it self. I have now twice attempted to install Chameleon 2.0 using the installer. However, when I go to boot I can see all my partitions. When I selected the Windows partition it will not boot and tells me to the repair the startup. To repair the start up I went and via the windows 7 install disc marked the windows partition active and repared the start up. Now when I boot all i get is the general windows boot.

The other time I tried to install Chameleon 2.0 via the installer I selected the OS X both on the internal and external hard drive. And both give me a sportier looking apple(versus the traditional one) and wait about 10 seconds of loading and grey screening me telling me to restart.

Now to my question, Can someone please tell me how to exactly configure chameleon and what i need to do to boot both Windows 7 and OS X on my internal drive so I no longer have to use the boot cd.

Thanks

*Edit - I fixed the Windows Boot by making the Windows partition active, using the Windows 7 Boot DVD to repair start up, then going back and marking the OS X partition active

**Edit - Furthermore, after trying to boot with -v I got the panic errot hat says "No HPETS awailable... CPU(s) configured incorrectly

how do i find the device id of the optical drive?

i have tried manually inputting 01-99 with no luck.

xps m1530

t9300

8600m gt

4gb ram

wuxga

teac dvw28slc dvd burner

320gb hd

If you don't have any other HDs etc connected, it should be 81

If Chameleon doesn't find it, try booting from CD via Boot Menu, this should work

**Edit - Furthermore, after trying to boot with -v I got the panic errot hat says "No HPETS awailable... CPU(s) configured incorrectly

Did you install the DSDT.aml ?? and the AppleDecrypt.kext and IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext. These are essential for booting your machine.

Also, if you are not using a SMBIOS.plist(if you used the chameleon installer chances are you are not using it) then you also need the SMBIOSResolver.kext.

Does somebody have a DSDT.aml file that have the Urthwhyte part for the Video and also a pin config part for using with AppleHDA ?

Josh.

Here it is: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=50046

Enjoy!!

Hello All-

I have a XPS 1330 with T7250, 3GB RAM. I am using Retail installation (10.5.7), Chameleon and Windows 7. My computers keeps restarting if I leave it inactive after aout 5 minutes. Any ideas or what other information do I need to provide for help?

thank you

One more time, Thanks You Talisman, you're always there when someone needs help. Much appreciated.

About the Dsdt file you sent, i have the same one and i still need to use (i'm not sure...) the HDAenabler kext with the patched AppleHDA.

What is the + from that dsdt.aml file for audio?

I mean , i thought we could use it with a vanilla AppleHDA like we do with graphics ( no more needs of an injector)

I also tried this DSDT with the "next system you know i'm talking of" and it worked for graphics but not for audio...

Can you explain us please?

Thanks Talisman.

Hello All-

I have a XPS 1330 with T7250, 3GB RAM. I am using Retail installation (10.5.7), Chameleon and Windows 7. My computers keeps restarting if I leave it inactive after aout 5 minutes. Any ideas or what other information do I need to provide for help?

thank you

Check in System Preferences if your Computer tries to go to sleep after about 5 minutes. If yes, make sure you installed the VoodooUSBEHCI.kext correctly:

Sleep

To get sleep working visit http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html to download and install VoodooUSBEHCI.kext. Make sure you read Superhai's README on VoodooUSBEHCI or it will not work properly and could cause USB to stop working!

If you don't have any other HDs etc connected, it should be 81

If Chameleon doesn't find it, try booting from CD via Boot Menu, this should work

i booted up to the cd just fine...it's when i eject it and it asks for the 2 digit number upon booting the retail dvd, is where i have a problem.

this is where i tried 01-99.