[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

i booted up to the cd just fine...it's when i eject it and it asks for the 2 digit number upon booting the retail dvd, is where i have a problem.

this is where i tried 01-99.

@arsenalsam7

If it's not 80 or 82 either, I don't know, I'm sorry.

--

Is anyone else having problems with alt + cmd-keys being swapped on the M1530 keyboard with VoodooPS2Controller.kext?

I played a little bit around this afternoon and managed to fix it, at least for me. So, if anyone is able to make use of my edited kext, feel free to do so.

(The VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext if the one ab___73 edited, thanks for this!)

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

About the Dsdt file you sent, i have the same one and i still need to use (i'm not sure...) the HDAenabler kext with the patched AppleHDA.

What is the + from that dsdt.aml file for audio?

I mean , i thought we could use it with a vanilla AppleHDA like we do with graphics ( no more needs of an injector)

I also tried this DSDT with the "next system you know i'm talking of" and it worked for graphics but not for audio...

I do not use the HDAEnabler. I just use the patched AppleHDA:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142521&view=findpost&p=1010970

AppleHDA is not an injector. I have actually not tried with a Vanilla one. Ill do that as soon as I can, but I doubt it works as that would be NEWS.

Good to know that the DSDT will keep supporting us. Have you tried the patched AppleHDA or the vanilla one? I unfortunately do not have access to the new system, can't afford to mess around too much with the machines I have..!!

I did not modify the audio section in the DSDT.aml. Chrysaor did it. He will be better equipped to answer your questions on the audio section in the DSDT.

Did you install the DSDT.aml ?? and the AppleDecrypt.kext and IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext. These are essential for booting your machine.

Also, if you are not using a SMBIOS.plist(if you used the chameleon installer chances are you are not using it) then you also need the SMBIOSResolver.kext.

Here it is: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=50046

Enjoy!!

After installing all of the above, I now no longer get the previous problem however, OS X now simply doesn't load. Its kinda like it times out. The load screen comes on and the circle on the bottome just keeps spinning. When I boot via -v It simply stops at the line "Airport: Link Up on en0"

Any suggestions????

*Edit: VICTORY!!!! I finally figured it out and I am not sure if I just misunderstood this part or not. But I realized that I installed the necessary kexts listed at the bottom of the second post in /S/L/E. Instead of in the Extras in the root drive. Thanks for all the help now time to start working on the little stuff!

*Edit: VICTORY!!!! I finally figured it out and I am not sure if I just misunderstood this part or not. But I realized that I installed the necessary kexts listed at the bottom of the second post in /S/L/E. Instead of in the Extras in the root drive. Thanks for all the help now time to start working on the little stuff!

They will work from S/L/E. They have to have the right permissions. If you restored from an external drive, then you might have one, not so obvious, problem related to permissions. To get rid of that, boot using the installation disk and reset password and folder permissions for all users and root from the utilities/tools (I forget which) menu.

I am having trouble getting sleep working now on my XPS M1330. I have upgraded to 10.5.7 and have everything else working. When I install VoodooEHCI and edit the info.plist like the readme says my computer will no longer load os x. On the load screen the wheel just keeps spinning for about 3 min and then the screen goes blank. Also where to you insert the "<key>@0,built-in</key>

<data>AQ==</data>" in the nvinject info.plist.

Thanks

i went with iDeneb 10.5.6 and updated it to 5.7 via apple update.

everything seems to work, except fingerprint scanner and hdmi audio out.

mirrored it to my 46 inch toshiba and it looked beautiful...apple's 1080p trailers looked great on the tv. kinda odd that the laptop's screen is black except for the mouse cursor.

this project has come a long way since i started playing around with it 4 years ago.

my "sleep" acts like a reboot and i like that.

when i hit "restart" the screen goes black for a few minutes and it shuts down.

dual boot vista and mac.

iTunes was somehow corrupted along the way and i just re-downloaded and installed it.

this is the first time seeing what photo booth was and it's pretty cool.

Ok here's what I have...

Dell XPS M1530

2.4Ghz Dual Core Intel (I believe it is the T8300)

4GB RAM

8600M GT

The rest is pretty much the same as most setups. 9228 Sigmatel audio, Integrated Bluetooth, etc. etc. etc.

Ok anyways... I installed iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Final Universal. (Dual booting with Vista and wanted it to be easy)

Everything is working including the onboard Broadcom Ethernet (albeit intermittenly) and after downloading VoodooHDA and installing that kext through Kext Helper b7 I have working audio without issues. My issue is QE/CI support. I have tried the following. I tried using the modified DSDT.aml available here and that didn't work I get QE unsupported and CI software. I get the same thing with the following setups.

NVinject 0.2.1 256 MB - QE/CI Unsupported/Software

NVkush Uh Black Screen LOL But didn't delete NVinject because I'm a noob.

EFI Studio using talismans.hex file (Works great!!!) QE/CI Unsupported/Software (QQ!!!) (But I got that pesky NVinject.kext that time)

So all I'm asking is to get QE/CI working...

It's irritating as I have a great Mac replacement here but without those I might as well be using Vista...

2 things..

I'm very noob when it comes to the OSx86 (3 days)

I know a lot about everything else PC's, Linux, etc etc etc...

Heratiki

EDIT: Just a small one, Why is it that Insanelymac.com forums show up all messed up when viewing through Safari. It will show the one post your are on but that is it. All the other posts are not expanded but shown instead as a post tree. Just a small question. Thanx in advance.

Everything is working including the onboard Broadcom Ethernet (albeit intermittenly) and after downloading VoodooHDA and installing that kext through Kext Helper b7 I have working audio without issues. My issue is QE/CI support. I have tried the following. I tried using the modified DSDT.aml available here and that didn't work I get QE unsupported and CI software. I get the same thing with the following setups.

NVinject 0.2.1 256 MB - QE/CI Unsupported/Software

NVkush Uh Black Screen LOL But didn't delete NVinject because I'm a noob.

EFI Studio using talismans.hex file (Works great!!!) QE/CI Unsupported/Software (QQ!!!) (But I got that pesky NVinject.kext that time)

EDIT: Just a small one, Why is it that Insanelymac.com forums show up all messed up when viewing through Safari. It will show the one post your are on but that is it. All the other posts are not expanded but shown instead as a post tree. Just a small question. Thanx in advance.

Look here for the solutions for video and ethernet: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1198258

To enable QGL/QE systemwide (not necessary) look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=930144

If you get a post tree, go to options at the top of the post and choose standard.

Question: Is VoodooHDA giving you a working internal mic??

Look here for the solutions for video and ethernet: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1198258

To enable QGL/QE systemwide (not necessary) look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=930144

If you get a post tree, go to options at the top of the post and choose standard.

Question: Is VoodooHDA giving you a working internal mic??

Thank you for the Post Options tip it made my life so much easier... When you say Enabling QGL (Which I was able to do through OSX86Tools) or QE (Which I have no clue how I would enable something unsupported. LOL Will check into that post though. And will check the others. In the process of downloading Audacity to test the Mic Array so I will let you know in a few minutes.

Heratiki

Negative on the internal mic as far as being able to test levels or record any audio at all. It does however show in the System Prefs as a dual array mic set. IE PCM x 2. But I get nothing through them. Any ideas?

Heratiki

Ok... I dumped VoodooHDA as the system is much louder with the current setup I have. The problem I think I am having is that iPC has a load of included hacks that I probably don't need that I have installed as well as drivers and such. Are there any special drivers I need (chipset etc etc etc) besides the usual. Plus the only way I will be able to get it to run is using the PS2 fix for the Trackpad and the Keyboard so that is not negotiable.

This is a list of all the options it provides for those of you who are unfamiliar... Is there something I should include or should not include. I have seen that vanilla installs require some work and I'm not afraid of that but doing a vanilla install will kill my Vista partition and unfortunately my Fiance uses Windows and only Windows and refuses me changing anything on it. LOL So between a rock and a hard place is an understatement. Any ideas?

Heratiki

EDIT: For got the link to the Options list. And then dually forgot we can't link off site. UGH!!!... Anyways there are a ton of options and if you Google iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Install Disc it is the second link)

Ok... Here goes... I've dumped my original install of iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Final and did a complete reinstall and chose only 2 of the options. The first being the Broadcom drivers so i would have working Wireless OOTB... The other was the PS2 Trackpad/Mouse fix which enables me to use my Trackpad and Laptop Keyboard at boot. I installed the DSDT.aml file posted earlier and FINALLY that game me QE/CI enabled video and it's damn beautiful... But it didn't enable my audio so I installed the All Ports kext provided by Talisman on a seperate post. So that's where I am at... One thing that spooked me was that the bluetooth didn't work at first... After a couple of reboots it just works... Dunno why... But like they say... Apple Mac... It just works... Sometimes... Now I'm trying to get it to read my USB 500GB HDD which is throws and error saying

NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk1s1 at /Volumes/My Book because the following problem occurred.

$LogFile indicates unclean shutdown (0,0)

Failed to mount '/dev/disk1s1': Operation not supported

Mousnt is denied because NTFS is marked to be in use.

Trying to force it with mount -t ntfs-3g -o force /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/My Book

gets me no where... So any idea on that would help me... And I want to get 2 Finger scrolling working on my trackpad (ALPS) without losing the ability to use the trackpad (IE be able to move it around and not just scroll)

So that's where I am at. Talisman thank you for the help thus far. Your a load of info for this system and OSx86...

Heratiki

I have seen that vanilla installs require some work and I'm not afraid of that but doing a vanilla install will kill my Vista partition and unfortunately my Fiance uses Windows and only Windows and refuses me changing anything on it. LOL So between a rock and a hard place is an understatement. Any ideas?

Vanilla install is actually easier than the rest and I have a vanilla install in triple boot with Vista and Fedora. Now that you have a running OS X, its just a matter or getting an empty external hard drive and the OSX retail DVD. Then use the list of kexts that I post with the DSDT.aml. A complete guide of how to do this is given in the second post of this thread.

For two finger scroll: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88811

You might not have to do the edits to the plist.

For the hard drive, connect it to windows and "Safely remove Hardware". Also if you want full write permission on NTFS you will need to install NTFS-3G with Macfuse(included): http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/

I use the legacy build as it is less problematic when using Mac applications installed in NTFS partition.

Hi,

I am trying to work on getting sleep for my vanilla version on my XPS m1330. When I install VoodooUSBEHCI.kext and Clamshelldisplay.kext and boot with -v i get the following last lines:

ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin: :registerLPCDriver - Warning - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initiated.

This is followed by 2 lines telling me my system has time out.

Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Vanilla install is actually easier than the rest and I have a vanilla install in triple boot with Vista and Fedora. Now that you have a running OS X, its just a matter or getting an empty external hard drive and the OSX retail DVD. Then use the list of kexts that I post with the DSDT.aml. A complete guide of how to do this is given in the second post of this thread.

For two finger scroll: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88811

You might not have to do the edits to the plist.

For the hard drive, connect it to windows and "Safely remove Hardware". Also if you want full write permission on NTFS you will need to install NTFS-3G with Macfuse(included): http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/

I use the legacy build as it is less problematic when using Mac applications installed in NTFS partition.

Well that pretty much ties it up for me. I just purchased a copy of Leopard from Amazon.com and will be attempting that soon. 10.5.6 Wanted to say thank you and will do the best I can for getting it installed.

That said... The NTFS USB drive works wonderfully without hiccups even when playing HD mkv video through VLC... Unfortunately the FFScroll setup just doesn't work for me... While I am able to use the 2 finger scrolling perfectly it almost completely renders my trackpad useless as I can move the mouse on the screen about an inch at a time. I tried all night editing the plist without any success. None of the options made any difference other than making it easier or harder to get the scroll working. Thank you for the help though. Your a wealth of knowledge and this Thread is great for just about everyone who has one of these machines... And before coming here I would have written OSX off as just another gimmicky software I don't need. It looks and acts so much better than Windows... Now if I could just play the games in Mac I play on Windows I would ditch it for good... Thank you again for everyone's help.

Heratiki

@arsenalsam7

If it's not 80 or 82 either, I don't know, I'm sorry.

--

Is anyone else having problems with alt + cmd-keys being swapped on the M1530 keyboard with VoodooPS2Controller.kext?

I played a little bit around this afternoon and managed to fix it, at least for me. So, if anyone is able to make use of my edited kext, feel free to do so.

(The VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext if the one ab___73 edited, thanks for this!)

Thanks CryzHiss, works great!!...

I've updated your VoodooPS2Controller.kext with your key swap with an updated VoodooPSTrackpad.kext with the following enhancements:

+ Stops that annoying cursor reposition when your finger accidentally touches the scroll regions of the trackpad.

+ Two Finger Scrolling Vertical and Horizontal, this apple mac feature is great.

+ Pointer resolution halved, gives better control over the speed of the mouse pointer.

+ Clicking at boot and after wake up from sleep.

This should work on any ALPS Glidepad Trackpad (M1530).

Instructions to install, follow the instructions in my previous post.

Instructions

I would remove FFScroll, since i haven't tested this kext with this util and I think they might conflict.

File:

Thanks CryzHiss, works great!!...

I've updated your VoodooPS2Controller.kext with your key swap with an updated VoodooPSTrackpad.kext with the following enhancements:

+ Stops that annoying cursor reposition when your finger accidentally touches the scroll regions of the trackpad.

+ Two Finger Scrolling Vertical and Horizontal, this apple mac feature is great.

+ Pointer resolution halved, gives better control over the speed of the mouse pointer.

+ Clicking at boot and after wake up from sleep.

This should work on any ALPS Glidepad Trackpad (M1530).

Instructions to install, follow the instructions in my previous post.

Instructions

I would remove FFScroll, since i haven't tested this kext with this util and I think they might conflict.

File:

What do you think would cause my system (XPS M1530) to act randomly. This messes up my keyboard and trackpad so bad that after first boot they don't work. Second boot the Trackpad works great but the keyboard seems to be stuck on the number 7. Third boot I can't use my keyboard to enter the BIOS or things of that nature... Just a Question...

Heratiki

EDIT: Also on a side not it seems that using -v during boot up I see many many errors of ApplePS2Keyboard.kext and ApplePS2Mouse.kext (EDIT: Sorry I was confused here ApplePS2Mouse.kext doesn't show up as it doesn't exist) making call backs to ApplePS2Controller.kext... I'm assuming this is my problem but not 100% sure...

What do you think would cause my system (XPS M1530) to act randomly. This messes up my keyboard and trackpad so bad that after first boot they don't work. Second boot the Trackpad works great but the keyboard seems to be stuck on the number 7. Third boot I can't use my keyboard to enter the BIOS or things of that nature... Just a Question...

Heratiki

EDIT: Also on a side not it seems that using -v during boot up I see many many errors of ApplePS2Keyboard.kext and ApplePS2Mouse.kext (EDIT: Sorry I was confused here ApplePS2Mouse.kext doesn't show up as it doesn't exist) making call backs to ApplePS2Controller.kext... I'm assuming this is my problem but not 100% sure...

Yes that's your problem, rename ApplePSController.kext to ApplePSController.orig and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to AppleACPIPS2Nub.orig

This stops these kexts from loading at boot, but also keeps them in your system just in case you need to revert back to them.

Hope this helps...

@ab___73

Good to know that I'm not the only one having these problems :P

And really THANK YOU for the updated VoodooPSTrackpad.kext! Works great, much better than FFScroll did (at least for me)! :)

Yes that's your problem, rename ApplePSController.kext to ApplePSController.orig and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to AppleACPIPS2Nub.orig

This stops these kexts from loading at boot, but also keeps them in your system just in case you need to revert back to them.

Hope this helps...

I did that... It's still throwing errors... And I don't have AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext for some reason... Is there anything I can give you that would help you help me?

Heratiki

EDIT: Just doesn't like my setup... I have since learned how these kexts work so I had accidentally install a modified ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder instead of inside the ApplePS2Controller.kext. So here's what I'm going to attempt and hopefully I will be able to report back... I'm going to remove and rename the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext from the VoodooPS2Controller.kext and rename it to ApplePS2Trackpad.kext and put it in the ApplePS2Controller.kext... I don't know what that will do but the hell with it... Also... Why is it named VoodooPS2Controller.kext and not just ApplePS2Controller.kext as a replacement? Also... I don't know what it is but I think it might be iPC causing all of my issues... After an install of iPC without the PS2 Keyboard and Mouse Patches I get a usable install that won't allow me to use my Trackpad or my Keyboard... (Although an external USB Keyboard and Mouse works fine) I have to install the patches for it to work... The patches themselves seem to replace ApplePS2Controller.kext and add a file called AppleACPIPSNub.kext under /System/Library/tempfiles

So there is that crazy rascal... Well it's not on my drive anywhere that I can tell... Should I put that in my tempfiles after install VoodooPS2Controller.kext? UGH... I'm so lost...

So there is that crazy rascal... Well it's not on my drive anywhere that I can tell... Should I put that in my tempfiles after install VoodooPS2Controller.kext? UGH... I'm so lost...

Its called voodoo* so that it does not get overwritten with an update and ultimately the aim is to have them in /Extra.

Make sure you DO NOT have these kexts anywhere: ApplePS2Controller ASpplePS2Keyboard AppleACPIPS2Nub ACPIPS2Nub or you will have the problem that you stated

Also remove everything FFScroll and Alps Trackpad driver installed (I am in the process of doing this dirty job). Or just wait till you do that vanilla install

Also after all the cleaning, deleting and installing, delete the extensions.mkext in S/L and wait for ~20 seconds and reboot.

Well.. well... genuinely wonderful piece of work. I finally changed to VoodooPS2 for good...!!! And yes FFScroll HAS TO BE REMOVED. All of it... each tiny piece of it... or renamed, if you are perpetually apprehensive of new kexts like me...!!

Its called voodoo* so that it does not get overwritten with an update and ultimately the aim is to have them in /Extra.

Make sure you DO NOT have these kexts anywhere: ApplePS2Controller ASpplePS2Keyboard AppleACPIPS2Nub ACPIPS2Nub or you will have the problem that you stated

Also remove everything FFScroll and Alps Trackpad driver installed (I am in the process of doing this dirty job). Or just wait till you do that vanilla install

Also after all the cleaning, deleting and installing, delete the extensions.mkext in S/L and wait for ~20 seconds and reboot.

Well.. well... genuinely wonderful piece of work. I finally changed to VoodooPS2 for good...!!! And yes FFScroll HAS TO BE REMOVED. All of it... each tiny piece of it... or renamed, if you are perpetually apprehensive of new kexts like me...!!

Beautiful... I will probably wait for the fresh install... Bummer though as it is finally working completely except for that... BTW I was able to finally shimmy FFScroll and the ALPS Trackpad Driver into work somewhat for me (Scrolling is a bit touchy but Tapping and Dragging work great with good speed) Just wondering. You vanilla installers did you have the same problem with the M1530 keyboard and trackpad not working after a fresh install? Just thought I would ask... TIA...

Heratiki