Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

sheeplover

332 posts in this topic

LS8v14 pack released: it is fully interactive install script: three versions of AppleSMBIOS, two versions of R1000, two versions of reboot fix, you can easily choose what to install and what not. If you don't know what to choose, just press ENTER on every question, default setting should work for everyone. You need to generate your EFI strings on first reboot.

http://rapidshare.com/files/153598375/LS8v14.zip.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/40671563/LS8v14.zip.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?4yqzmjmmmjj

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5SBHZG6

http://www.filefactory.com/file/10290a/n/LS8v14_zip

http://www.filedropper.com/ls8v14

Great job,

Questions :)

Does the AppleHDA from 10.4.9 in your pack support ALC889A ?

How many nodes are discovered ? (e.g Headphones, Mic... etc.)

What about ICH10 ? is it supported or still only ICH9 ?

Thanks

AppleHDA and ALCinject from 10.4.9 are those files from your post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=925068

What do you mean that ICH10 is not supported? If you mean the SATA controller, it is detected as Standard AHCI SATA controller, and it works perfectly.

For some reason I was sure that the AppleHDA.kext from my post is an 10.5.4 one but I guess you're right :)

As for the ICH10, I mean the south-bridge. On my system it is detected as Unknown Controller, But my HD'S are shown as internal so I don't think I have any functionality problems, Just cosmetics.

I saw that users with P35 boards have an ICH9 detected, So I thought it'd be nice to have the 10 here.

Jonathan

AppleHDA and ALCinject from 10.4.9 are those files from your post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=925068

What do you mean that ICH10 is not supported? If you mean the SATA controller, it is detected as Standard AHCI SATA controller, and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the useful script. I clicked yes to everything and its working great with no more popping sounds. I have the same cpu as you with an aftermarket fan and tried overclocking but have not come up with the right combination of settings re voltage etc.. I was wondering if you have attempted to overclock at all. And one more thing, do you efi studio just the video, or the network and sound as well?

you do not need EFI string for audio if you installed ALCinject

you do not need EFI string for ethernet if you installed patched IONetworkingFamily (aka Time Machine fix)

you need EFI string for graphics

I did not try to overclock.

you do not need EFI string for audio if you installed ALCinject

you do not need EFI string for ethernet if you installed patched IONetworkingFamily (aka Time Machine fix)

you need EFI string for graphics

I did not try to overclock.

Are you using ALCinject and the patched IONetworkingFamily kexts, or the EFI strings for audio and ethernet on the DQ6. Are you having any ethernet issues either way?

Hi guys, I have a quick question. I am thinking about purchasing this board and was wondering,

1.) If I install OSX on a HDD that's hooked up to the purple SATA port (Silicon Image Sil5723), would it be able to boot into OSX?

Thanks,

Jack

Yes, but only as Smart backup (hardware managed backup RAID) EP45-DS4 & DS5 tested ok as well.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "only as Smart backup"? If you said yes that I can boot it off from the purple sata port (silicon image raid chip), why would anything else relevant in this case? I am a little confused. Thanks.

Jack

Hi all,

I'm having a pretty hard time reinstalling OSX with the 10.5.5 combo update. I did the installation several times but with various results. I used the famous L8v13 method but until now without any satisfying results.

My first install looked pretty much successful till the moment that all of a sudden my graphx died on me, after a reboot my screen went into sleep mode (flashing led). I used EFX studio to add the string but apparently this isn't good enough to get my card to work. After trying a lot of possible solutions for this video issue a fresh install seemed to be the only way to get it working again.

Well, 4 installs later I get the great grey screen and nothing more. Rebooted with -v and it stops responding after the following output: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHUDKeyboard" has no explicit Kernel dependency, using version 6.0.

Also a reboot in safemode freezes. Let me say I used every possible boot option.

I know I'm doing something wrong because the majority of users here have it running on a EP45-DQ6 board.

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance,

-=Korny=-

Hi all,

I'm having a pretty hard time reinstalling OSX with the 10.5.5 combo update. I did the installation several times but with various results. I used the famous L8v13 method but until now without any satisfying results.

My first install looked pretty much successful till the moment that all of a sudden my graphx died on me, after a reboot my screen went into sleep mode (flashing led). I used EFX studio to add the string but apparently this isn't good enough to get my card to work. After trying a lot of possible solutions for this video issue a fresh install seemed to be the only way to get it working again.

Well, 4 installs later I get the great grey screen and nothing more. Rebooted with -v and it stops responding after the following output: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHUDKeyboard" has no explicit Kernel dependency, using version 6.0.

Also a reboot in safemode freezes. Let me say I used every possible boot option.

I know I'm doing something wrong because the majority of users here have it running on a EP45-DQ6 board.

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance,

-=Korny=-

I had trouble with the xxx card as well. I returned it for a 8800 gts and problems were gone. I think its your video card. I use an xfx 8600gt either 256 or 512 and both work well. Good luck!

@mactheworld77, first of all thanks for your reply. If the thing you state is correct then the issue is related to the 10.5.5 update cause 10.5.4 never had any graphx related issues on my box.

@all, Strange things are displayed on the screen when starting in verbose mode atm:

Localhost mDNS Responder[36] Warning Sandbox_init error could not set Mach lookup policy for service:

com.apple.bsd.dirhelper Err 1100

com.apple.distributed_notifications.2

com.apple.ocspd

com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper

com.apple.SecurityServer

com.apple.SystemConfiguration.configd

Last line on display before the freeze was: com_psystarRealtekR1000 Ethernet address (with mac address)

Thinking that the NIC kext could be the issue I installed the Realtek 1.04 kext but this unfortunately resulted in even more errors/warnings:

Extension "rtl.R1000.nic.ext" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple..kpi components, use only one style.

I believe the best thing for me is to revert back to the 10.5.4 update and see if this boots up without any warnings or errors and update to 10.5.5 using the Netkas method.

Hi LS8,

Thanks for taking the time to give a reply to my post. Unfortunately booting with -x didn't give me the result I was hoping for. Because of this I did a reinstall using your guide. I have an almost fully operational box (audio sometimes is ok but after rebooting it's gone again, it's ok, it's gone again) running on 10.5.4 again. Because I really need to fiddle around with Logic I will keep this disk/version as it is.

Nonetheless I will need to get rid of the terrible itch caused by not being able to run 10.5.5 on my box. The question why all of you can run it and I can't is bothering me big time so a brand new sata disk is smiling at me on my desk waiting to be placed in my box.

Stupid as it may sound another issue came up after the last install. The purple SATA ports aren't functional. Am I missing a really important kext, do I have bad karma...That damn itch is getting unbearable....

Cheers,

-=Korny=-

Great Success on the Audio front

I can confirm the same audio fix also works for the GA-EP45-DS3P Board!

I swear the audio quality is also better :)

Also an unexpected side effect is now my QE is activated as soon as Leopard starts.

Normally it would wait until I open an application (upon reboot)

I can tell because the top Menu bar goes semi transparent when QE is enabled.

I cant really explain it but anyway my Hackintosh is 100% working now

Sleep, Restart, Shutdown, QE, CI, Sound, Firewire, LAN and even Temperature monitoring of my quad CPU.

I can now sell my Macbook Pro

Good times

Hey irontony,

would you mind posting a brief summary of how you achieved all of this? install methods, kexts/patches used etc..

I've got the EP45-DS3P board at home but haven't removed it from the packaging yet as I couldn't face up to the prospect of fiddling for weeks on end to get the shutdown & restart to function correctly.

Hey irontony,

would you mind posting a brief summary of how you achieved all of this? install methods, kexts/patches used etc..

I've got the EP45-DS3P board at home but haven't removed it from the packaging yet as I couldn't face up to the prospect of fiddling for weeks on end to get the shutdown & restart to function correctly.

I just setup an EP45-DS4P. Most hardware is supported, I haven't been able to test firewire yet. I tested OpenHaltRestart but found kext/AppleACPIPlatform/AppleACPIPlatform.kext from LS8v14 works much better. Sleep, Restart and shutdown all work great. I have yet to run into any problems with energy saver.

The great benefit of the install method I use, is the need to modify only 3 files on your retail installation. The downside is you need a GUID partition table or a HFS+ boot volume.

I posted my install notes here: GA-EP45-DS4P, boot-turbo-munkey + LS8v14, 10.5.5 retail

I just setup an EP45-DS4P. Most hardware is supported, I haven't been able to test firewire yet. I tested OpenHaltRestart but found kext/AppleACPIPlatform/AppleACPIPlatform.kext from LS8v14 works much better. Sleep, Restart and shutdown all work great. I have yet to run into any problems with energy saver.

The great benefit of the install method I use, is the need to modify only 3 files on your retail installation. The downside is you need a GUID partition table or a HFS+ boot volume.

I posted my install notes here: GA-EP45-DS4P, boot-turbo-munkey + LS8v14, 10.5.5 retail

Why is GUID partition table or a HFS+ volume a downside ?

Well, I could'nt get ICH10R to be detected properly and it drove me nuts...

For those who want Intel ICH10 and ICH10R detected properly, here is a link to a thread I found that solves this,

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ort.kext+ICH10R

if you're too lazy to go and look there for yourself, here's the link to download:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=35891

Thanks to Gujal for the sharing

Jonathan.

gruezi and hi

DAU adventure :-)

as most of all (if not all) you talk about is way over my head (15 years Macuser)

I thought I would run in major problems exchanging my motherboard (Asus P5B running extremely fine with Kalway 10.5.2 and a Core 2)

now a Giga EP-45 DS 4 with a Quad 9550.....

so I fired up "Acronis true image restore" included ICH 10 drivers and restored a full functional XP in 10 minutes ......mmmhhhh ...fine

now to the Mac part ...crossed my fingers ...took a black chicken .... talked with her ..crossed my fingers

and booted my Leo HD

mmmhh.. came up fine ... ! but no audio..no ethernet ..

seems I had a lot of luck installing some of the k.texts here ( k.texts hhe..... what ?? ? )

worked so far : geekbench 8300

Hey irontony,

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay as I haven't been on here for a while.

Ok my install method

Boot 132 method using "GRUB DFE 132" iso

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0wizjmfymn

1. make sure you have the latest bios.

2. set boot to CD first

3. make sure that bios is set for sata ahci mode

4. boot grub dfe 132

5. press enter in grub menu to load initrd.img

6. press enter again on bootloader prompt

7. swap the grub dfe 132 cd for your retail mac osx install disk (mine was 10.5.0) and press enter

8. if everything is ok, you will enter the osx setup

9. once setup is finished, restart and put the grub dfe 132 cd back in (I had to hold the power button to shut down after install was complete)

10. when you come to the disk id prompt again, type the mac osx disk id, in my case this was 81

11. install 10.5.5 combo updater

12. restart into safe mode via -x at the boot prompt

13. install video drivers - with my graphics card I used a modified .pkg installer

14. install from LS8v14 AppleACPIPlatform, AppleSMBIOS, HDAEnabler & The New AppleHDA, IOAHCIFamily & from initrd.img from the grub iso get the IntelCPUPMDisabler

15. i also install chud tools and the disable cores shut down fix

16. install chameleon dfe for hard drive booting

15. change boot sequence to hard drive first

16. boot from hard drive yay

thanks Zoka and Madman

See my previous posts on this thread about temperature monitoring

not bad...

so far even for me this is quite understandable

but you elaborated :

when you come to the disk id prompt again, type the mac osx disk id, in my case this was 81

diskid 81 ? Whats that ? where do I see , get or is there someone magically donating me a diskidenty of 80 12 or 2745 ....

irontony ....Would you mind ???? ;):angel::angel:

not bad...

so far even for me this is quite understandable

but you elaborated :

when you come to the disk id prompt again, type the mac osx disk id, in my case this was 81

diskid 81 ? Whats that ? where do I see , get or is there someone magically donating me a diskidenty of 80 12 or 2745 ....

irontony ....Would you mind ???? :(:(:D

Of course...

I dont know how everyone elses will show but for me

I had my 2 Sata DVDRW on Sata ports 1 & 2

My 2 hard drives are on Sata ports 3 & 4

I only have OSX installed, so no dual booting.

Ok so as far as your question goes when the grub dfe 132 bootloader loads it will actually show a a text menu and it will say to choose which hard drive and give examples like 81 and 82

I typed 81 and then it shows my leopard partition, select, press enter and bam OSX glory

Enjoy

I have a GA-P35-DS3R motherboard, is the LS8v14 the appropriate one for my motherboard too? Or is there something else for my motherboard? I plan to do a boot-132 install.

Does LS8v14 also work if I want to do a EFI System Partition boot methos? How can I specify LS8v14 to write install the kexts into the EFI partition?

Your help highly appreciated. :)