Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

sheeplover

332 posts in this topic

It worked with 10.5.5, I did not test it in 10.5.6 yet.

Edit: yes, it works also in 10.5.6 on my EP45-DQ6.

This seems to be related to the 9800gtx+ ... As it is driven by the RFI-strings of the 8600 or 8800 I thought you could have the same probs. I found no way to correct it and as I need a calibrated monitor I put in my 7300GT again. oO

BTW updating from Chameleon 1.0.11 to PC_EFI v9 (Chameleon 1.0.12) requires only rewrite /boot with the bootloader file from netkas?

As far as I understood yes - and I did so and it works ;)

I have USB SSD(OCZ) Drive Booting perfectly with 10.5.6 install .

Strange. I also tested it with a Teac enclosure yesterday. Didin't work either. oO

I am running 10.5.6 now, no PCEFI_v9, no DSDT patch. I just used the old trick:

sudo su -
 while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Then installed MacOSXUpd10.5.6.dmg downloaded from http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1056update.html (372MB). Computer froze on first reboot, started OK on second reboot.

Reinstall LS8v14 fixed audio and System information (CPU frequency etc.).

I have a GA-EP45-DS3 and updated with your method, thanks a lot. Without the above method i just got a COMPLETE freeze and the whole system was fubared :) Thank God i had a TM Backup.

I guess the system froze when the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext kicked in...

But what me bugs most is: HOW did you manage to wake your System from sleep with USB Keyboard? I tried nearly every BIOS Setting, but the System just won't wake by USB Keyboard.

My System only wakes up by Powerkey.

I can confirm LS8's method for updating to 10.5.6, worked fine for me except for audio. I can't seem to get the 889a to be recognized anymore. I'm using ALCinject and AppleHDA 1.2.4a21 with the Taruga's patch (default from LS8's scripts). Any ideas?

I can confirm LS8's method for updating to 10.5.6, worked fine for me except for audio. I can't seem to get the 889a to be recognized anymore. I'm using ALCinject and AppleHDA 1.2.4a21 with the Taruga's patch (default from LS8's scripts). Any ideas?

Do you see some details in System Info or it's empty?

I did not use ALCinject nor i used the Taruga's patch.

Just try installing the ls8's post install script. It should work (at least it did for me).

-snip-

But what me bugs most is: HOW did you manage to wake your System from sleep with USB Keyboard? I tried nearly every BIOS Setting, but the System just won't wake by USB Keyboard.

My System only wakes up by Powerkey.

The EP35 doesn't power the USB in sleep mode - part of their green/power saving features I suspect - so there is no way of waking with USB - power key or PS/2 keyboard is the only way.

Patrick

I suspected that too, but LS8 says his board wakes by USB since 10.5.6? I have a GA-EP45-DS3 btw, which is in most parts like the EP35. LS8 has a GA-EP45 too IIRC

Enlighten us LS8 ;)

To which USB Port ist your Keyboard connected? Maybe just some ports have power in standby?

To my surprise my test partition with 10.5.6 also wakes from sleep via my Macally USB keyboard. The keyboards power button now calls up a menu to choose sleep, shutdown, cancel and I believe restart (EDIT-it turns out that the keyboard power button is working in 10.5.5 and I just didn't notice). It has been so long since I have used this feature that I forgot to hold it down to see if it will induce sleep like it did on my G4. My wireless Logitech mouse can also wake the computer from sleep either by the button or by moving the mouse. I do not have the LCC driver installed on the test partition.

I use chameleon (not PCefiv9)

I used the 370 mb updater from 10.5.5

And Karaakeha1's install scripts and methods for a 10.5.6 retail install with the following changes.

openhaltrestart.kext

and vanilla apple ACPIPlatform.kext

HDAenabler

and the old HDA kext

the mouses RF USB connector is in the top left most USB port when facing the back of the computer.

The keyboard USB is connected to the top right connector.

I hope this information is useful

OK, i can confirm that wake from sleep via USB does work now :)

I hooked my USB Mouse to the board directly. The system does wake up now by clicking the mouse. Wake by Keyboard does not work though (maybe cause of the integrated USB HUB?)

I had the mouse hooked to the USB Keyboard before. Maybe it helps anyone.

I reinstalled just from curiosity, to test how LS8v14 works on fresh 10.5.6.

I never used any PowerManagement disabler. Some tutorials say you need it for 10.5.6, but you don't.

I own 10.5.2 retail DVD, it doesn't matter if you install any other (older or newer) version and then update to 10.5.6.

Well. I ran the incremental update without opening the Terminal and running the "sleep loop" and... It was a disaster.

my machine froze on 61% copying the files - probably the time the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext got loaded.

And booting my system verbosely assured me that it is the problem.

I did research the thing the whole weekend and I came to the conclusion that in order to run the system properly you

must have one of the two:

1. The CPUPMDisabler.kext

2. The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext removed.

All the boot-132 cd's. usb's and so have the disabler loaded before the system thus giving you no trouble. then when you install chameleon

you can choose whether to remove the original kext or install the disabler. I don't know how you booted your system until installing chameleon

and running LSv14 script that removes the original kext, but I guess it was one of these methods.

Anyway, I really believe that the best way for everyone for next is to use the disabler installed all times because that way the original kext can be left alone and they can co-exist even during update. I've attached the one I use for who ever wants it.

Jonathan.

Now I do have some questions regarding my 10.5.6 system.

1. After restart my system won't go to sleep or put displays to sleep automatically unless I do some tasks like opening Safari and searching google - for example.. If i just restart and do not touch anything my system can stay on with the display on for decades, even just moving the mouse and pressing some keys does not help and it stays on. I tried it several times and it's always the same.

I do confirm that my system now wakes up from sleep with moving the mouse or touching the keyboard(Wireless Set) too bad it can't work with the Apple's Bluetooth set.

2. What happens if I do a full restore to my 10.5.6 system from a 10.5.5 TM backup ? does it also restore the system files ? 10.5.5 ?

I really home someone has a solution to the sleeping issue cause this is a deal breaker for me (10.5.6 or back to 10.5.5) I don't wanna find out one day that my LCD got burned because it wasn't put to standby.

Thanks anyone,

Jonathan

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext.zip

I have 10.5.2 installed on external USB disk, I boot this system for installing new system to the internal disk. Alternatively, I can connect my hackintosh disk to one of my genuine Macs and install the system on it.

Wake from sleep only works with USB KBD/mouse, it doesn't work with any bluetooth KBD/mouse.

Full restore is full restore, including system files.

I did not test it the machine goes to sleep when inactive after startup without any action, I won't be able to test it till January 5. My hckntsh is in my office, I have two weeks off work.

my test partition did not go to sleep as I had expected either. I had just restarted after a software update and when i returned an hour later everything was still awake.

Another concern that I have...

My system seems to hang on the apple logo with a spinning progress indicator below it. Something is happening but it wont finish the boot. I have successfully restarted after software update and the first time I booted the partition after the update everything seemed to be OK. In other words this could be an intermittent problem? I have booted in verbose but nothing jumped out at me. If I boot -x it will boot but I feel that this is even quite slow.

Could someone advise me how to get more information on the source of the problem. Is there a log that i should be looking at or should I boot -v and study the moment it hangs?

thanks very much.

My test partition did not go to sleep as I had expected either. I had just restarted after a software update and when i returned an hour later everything was still awake.

my test partition did not go to sleep as I had expected either. I had just restarted after a software update and when i returned an hour later everything was still awake.

Another concern that I have...

My system seems to hang on the apple logo with a spinning progress indicator below it. Something is happening but it wont finish the boot. I have successfully restarted after software update and the first time I booted the partition after the update everything seemed to be OK. In other words this could be an intermittent problem? I have booted in verbose but nothing jumped out at me. If I boot -x it will boot but I feel that this is even quite slow.

Could someone advise me how to get more information on the source of the problem. Is there a log that i should be looking at or should I boot -v and study the moment it hangs?

thanks very much.

I think the problem is that the timer that counts the idle time doesn't start counting untill the user really does something on the system(i.e open safari and search something).

Can other people confirm that it happens to them as well? Just restart the system don't touch anything and wait to see if the screen saver starts, the display goes to standby and the system goes to sleep, And report back?

On a 10.5.6 system of course.

Thanks,

Jonathan

The EP35 doesn't power the USB in sleep mode - part of their green/power saving features I suspect - so there is no way of waking with USB - power key or PS/2 keyboard is the only way.

Patrick

My EP35 DS4 is waking from Sleep with USB Keyboard (logitech) by pressing the windows button. I have a little different install method as ls8: Munky method (all patched kext loading from an mkext on EFI Volume except AppleHDA.kext in L/S/E). DSDT patched. I use the USB patches from Slice and with those installed wakeup with usb keyboard works. Also I did a clean install of 10.5.6 with combo update because upgrading from 10.5.5 worked but did not recognize my wlan pci card anymore.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1010838

the only issue I have, is that if i wake up my pc for the second time (first time allways no problems but second time the monitor is black I have to switch forth and back the power switch on my psu shortely to wake up.

Maybe you try a clean install fof 10.5.6 and migrate to get the Wakeup with USB Keyboard. As far as I understood ls8 also did a clean install

My EP35 DS4 is waking from Sleep with USB Keyboard (logitech) by pressing the windows button. I have a little different install method as ls8...

...Maybe you try a clean install fof 10.5.6 and migrate to get the Wakeup with USB Keyboard. As far as I understood ls8 also did a clean install

I'm not sure ppl understood my issue well:

The only issue i'm having now on 10.5.6 is that after system restart, if I don't touch the mouse or keyboard

My hackintosh never goes to seep or puts the LCD into standby. This means that if restart my system and go away it could stay on for ever.

Jonathan

@sheeplover (or anyone else who can help)

I think i need your help on something. I have now put together several Hacint0sh based on the Ep45-DQ6. I also have 2 servers. Everything works very well as you also have reported, except one thing.

I can not get Link Aggregation (Bonding) working no matter what i do. One of the main reasons i chose this board is because of the wonderful 4 gigabit ports and teaming it supports. I need to use this in order to avoid expensive Fibre setups.

Are you indeed using the teaming feature successfully? I have tried several drivers now and none work. I can set up the bond and set the ports on my switch to enable an aggregate link, but depending on the driver i am using i will get a different error.

If i use the vanilla driver or RTGmac2 from realtek, OSX tells me that the ports on the switch do not support 802.3ad (but they do and they are setup correctly).

If i use the Psystar drivers, i get an error to the effect that 'the link is down, or duplex, speed, etc is not configured properly'.

If someone could help me get this working i would be very appreciative. Please note that i have a real MacPro and i can set it up with bonding on its 2 built-in ethernet ports fine using the same switch. So i am pretty sure this is a driver issue.

I also notice that when using the pystar drivers (which with the efi string is the only way i can get all other network services such as bonjour and time machine working) and i go to the advanced>ethernet menu of the network preferences, the 'Speed' setting is blank.

Thanks to all in this great community,

g

Hi, i'm trying to install Leo from retail copy 10.5.0. I've followed those steps as described: (installing onto a spare hdd using an previously installed leo):

-Erased, partitioned disk as guid

-Installed retail copy (open OSInstall.mpkg and selecting spare hdd as target). (Successfull)

-Installed 10.5.5 combo update (selecting spare hdd as target) (Successfull)

-Installed Chameleon 1.0.11 (selecting spare hdd as target) (Successfull)

-Trying to install Ls8v14 postpatch as post-patch.sh Leo (Leo=spare hdd) (UNSUCCESSFUL!)

You can see the result below, it gives a No such file or directory error at the end of each kext.

So what am i doing wrong? Your help is appreciated.

mega-volkans-mac-pro:/ megavolkan$ /Users/megavolkan/Desktop/LS8v14/post-patch.sh Leo

You are installing to /Volumes/Leo. Is this correct? [Y/n] y

Remove vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement? [Y/n] y
Vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement removed.

Use AppleHDA from 10.4.9 and ALCinject? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/AppleHDA/1.2.9a4/AppleHDA.kext: No such file or directory
cp: kext/ALCinject/ALCinject.kext: No such file or directory
AppleHDA from 10.4.9 and ALCinject installed.

Install page decryption EFI module - dsmos? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/dsmos/dsmos.kext: No such file or directory
Page decryption EFI module - dsmos - installed.

Install ICH9R SATA drivers? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/IOAHCIFamily/IOAHCIFamily.kext: No such file or directory
ICH9R SATA drivers installed.

Install AppleSMBIOS-28? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/AppleSMBIOS/AppleSMBIOS.kext: No such file or directory
AppleSMBIOS-28 installed.

Install patched AppleACPIPlatform - reboot fix? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/AppleACPIPlatform/AppleACPIPlatform.kext: No such file or directory
Patched AppleACPIPlatform - reboot fix - installed.

Install Realtek R1000 driver version 1.0.4 - opensource? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/RealtekR1000/1.0.4/RealtekR1000.kext: No such file or directory
Realtek R1000 driver version 1.0.4 - opensource - installed.

Install JMicronATA driver and IOATAFamily? [y/N] y
cp: kext/JMicronATA/JMicronATA.kext: No such file or directory
cp: kext/IOATAFamily/IOATAFamily.kext: No such file or directory
JMicronATA driver and IOATAFamily installed.

Install IONetworkingFamily - TimeMachine fix? [Y/n] y
cp: kext/IONetworkingFamily/IONetworkingFamily.kext: No such file or directory
IONetworkingFamily - TimeMachine fix - installed.

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Leo
[ + 0%..10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% ] 
Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Leo

Installation complete, original files stored in /Volumes/Leo/vanilla.
You can restart your computer now. You may need to use -x boot option if your machine doesn't start.

Generate and install your EFI string - DISPLAY, ETHER, HDEF - after reboot.
Download latest EFIStudio from [url="http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.msg1864.html#msg1864"]http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64...64.html#msg1864[/url]
mega-volkans-mac-pro:/ megavolkan$ 

Hello people...

Since upgrading to 10.5.6 I have an issue that I haven't found anything about and I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

After my system is on for an unknown period of time, it gets this stuttering every few seconds.

Meaning everything moves smoothly and then gets stuck for a fraction of a second and continues.

It is most noticeable if I drag a finder window in circles, or run the screen saver. it's really annoying.

I've checked the activity monitor and nothing seems to be eating CPU power. it's really weird.

Anyone knows what i'm talking about or what could be causing this ?

10x

Jonathan

Hi, i'm trying to install Leo from retail copy 10.5.0. I've followed those steps as described: (installing onto a spare hdd using an previously installed leo):

-Erased, partitioned disk as guid

-Installed retail copy (open OSInstall.mpkg and selecting spare hdd as target). (Successfull)

-Installed 10.5.5 combo update (selecting spare hdd as target) (Successfull)

-Installed Chameleon 1.0.11 (selecting spare hdd as target) (Successfull)

-Trying to install Ls8v14 postpatch as post-patch.sh Leo (Leo=spare hdd) (UNSUCCESSFUL!)

in terminal before running the ls8 patch try typing:

sudo -s

It will ask you for your password. enter it and you are now logged in as root. Then install the LS8 patch and see if that works.

Also, just so you know it is possible to use 10.5.6 instead of 10.5.5, and chameleon 1.0.12 instead of 1.0.11; then you are fully current.

/g

Thanks genzai. I've tried sudo -s and tried to install Ls8v14 post patch as root but it still gives the same error No such file or directory. I've quit answering "y" after seeing it's not working.

Is there anyone who knows what's happening? The code is below

mega-volkans-mac-pro:/ megavolkan$ sudo -s
Password:
bash-3.2# /Users/megavolkan/Desktop/LS8v14/post-patch.sh leo

You are installing to /Volumes/leo. Is this correct? [Y/n] y

Install AppleSMBIOS-28? [Y/n] n
Install AppleSMBIOEFI-28 - MacPro - and leave vanilla AppleSBIOS? [Y/n] n
Install AppleSMBIOEFI-28 - MacBook Air - and leave vanilla AppleSBIOS? [Y/n] n
You did not install any driver. You can re-run this script later.

Install patched AppleACPIPlatform - reboot fix? [Y/n] n
Install Psystar OpenHaltRestart and leave vanilla AppleACPIPlatform? [Y/n] n

Install Realtek R1000 driver version 1.0.4 - opensource? [Y/n] n
Install Realtek R1000 driver version 1.8.1 - Psystar? [Y/n] n

Install JMicronATA driver and IOATAFamily? [y/N] n

Install IONetworkingFamily - TimeMachine fix? [Y/n] n

Permissions are not enabled on the disk.
Error encountered attempting to verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 leo: Permissions are not enabled on the disk (-9973)

Installation complete, original files stored in /Volumes/leo/vanilla.
You can restart your computer now. You may need to use -x boot option if your machine doesn't start.

Download latest EFIStudio from [url="http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64.msg1864.html#msg1864"]http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,64...64.html#msg1864[/url]
bash-3.2# 

in terminal before running the ls8 patch try typing:

sudo -s

It will ask you for your password. enter it and you are now logged in as root. Then install the LS8 patch and see if that works.

Also, just so you know it is possible to use 10.5.6 instead of 10.5.5, and chameleon 1.0.12 instead of 1.0.11; then you are fully current.

/g

Thanks genzai. I've tried sudo -s and tried to install Ls8v14 post patch as root but it still gives the same error No such file or directory. I've quit answering "y" after seeing it's not working.

Is there anyone who knows what's happening? The code is below

mega-volkans-mac-pro:/ megavolkan$ sudo -s
Password:
bash-3.2# /Users/megavolkan/Desktop/LS8v14/post-patch.sh leo

You are installing to /Volumes/leo. Is this correct? [Y/n] y

Install AppleSMBIOS-28? [Y/n] n
Install AppleSMBIOEFI-28 - MacPro - and leave vanilla AppleSBIOS? [Y/n] n
Install AppleSMBIOEFI-28 - MacBook Air - and leave vanilla AppleSBIOS? [Y/n] n

Install patched AppleACPIPlatform - reboot fix? [Y/n] n
Install Psystar OpenHaltRestart and leave vanilla AppleACPIPlatform? [Y/n] n

Install Realtek R1000 driver version 1.0.4 - opensource? [Y/n] n
Install Realtek R1000 driver version 1.8.1 - Psystar? [Y/n] n

Install JMicronATA driver and IOATAFamily? [y/N] n

Install IONetworkingFamily - TimeMachine fix? [Y/n] n

Permissions are not enabled on the disk.
Error encountered attempting to verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 leo: Permissions are not enabled on the disk (-9973)

Installation complete, original files stored in /Volumes/leo/vanilla.

bash-3.2# 

After "sudo -s" do "cd /Users/megavolkan/Desktop/LS8v14/" and than run "./post-patch.sh leo"

And actually you don't need "sudo -s" as the script uses "sudo" anyway.

Cheers!

Thanks :D Actually i did menage to install most of it and booted into newly installed leo. But this time i've encountered another problem. When i booted with -x flag (as described) it hanged in gray apple logo with spinning thingy. Then i rebooted with -x -v verbose mode i've seen this

Jan 24 18:56:33 localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default bDevice-001FD02143E0 instead
Jan 24 18:56:33 localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default bDevice-001FD02143E0b 
instead
Jan 24 18:56:33 localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default bDevice-001FD02143E0 instead
Jan 24 18:56:33 localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default bDevice-001FD02143E0b instead
Jan 24 18:56:33 localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default bDevice-001FD02143E0b instead

and goes on and on than it waits (actually i've waited 20 minutes before resetting. Any ideas?

Thanks for your support. I've felt i was about to make it. Further help will be appreciated.

Thanks again

After "sudo -s" do "cd /Users/megavolkan/Desktop/LS8v14/" and than run "./post-patch.sh leo"

And actually you don't need "sudo -s" as the script uses "sudo" anyway.

Cheers!