Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

sheeplover

332 posts in this topic

I have a GA-P35-DS3R motherboard, is the LS8v14 the appropriate one for my motherboard too? Or is there something else for my motherboard? I plan to do a boot-132 install.

Does LS8v14 also work if I want to do a EFI System Partition boot methos? How can I specify LS8v14 to write install the kexts into the EFI partition?

Your help highly appreciated. :)

This group specifically deals with the P45-DQ6 and some other P45 boards. You should check out the P35 groups, the DS4 for example by LS8 will address your specific needs.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77165

and for the boot -132 see : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114834

This group specifically deals with the P45-DQ6 and some other P45 boards. You should check out the P35 groups, the DS4 for example by LS8 will address your specific needs.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77165

and for the boot -132 see : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114834

Oh, sorry about that. Will have a look at those threads, thanks a lot! :rolleyes:

Sorry to post again, but will LS8 be suitable for a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L motherboard? Can I boot with boot-132, install from Retail DVD, and then apply the LS8 patch? Also does the latest version of LS8 now have Chameleon? (Or still PC_EFI?)

Yes, but it doesn't specify how I can install LS8 after I installed from the Retail DVD into the EFI System Partition.. can you elaborate on that method?

Thanks.

Sorry to post again, but will LS8 be suitable for a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L motherboard? Can I boot with boot-132, install from Retail DVD, and then apply the LS8 patch? Also does the latest version of LS8 now have Chameleon? (Or still PC_EFI?)

Yes, but it doesn't specify how I can install LS8 after I installed from the Retail DVD into the EFI System Partition.. can you elaborate on that method?

Thanks.

Do yourself a favor and use the install from a kalyway hard disc using ls13 method to install retail dvd. Its easy and it works and you have a way to change things. And you can start using your computer! Thats what I did. I tried the 132 and you end up with the same thing in the long run.

How can I change the MTU from 1500 to 9000?

I have an GA-EP45-DS4 and it's fixed to 1500

In my network-controls I have the possibility to choose "manual" in the ethernet tab.

As far as I remember this was the same on my DS4. Did you install just an EFI-string for the NIC or a kext?

Here's a screen:

post-89962-1225528585_thumb.jpg

In my network-controls I have the possibility to choose "manual" in the ethernet tab.

As far as I remember this was the same on my DS4. Did you install just an EFI-string for the NIC or a kext?

Here's a screen:

post-89962-1225528585_thumb.jpg

I can choose manual but when I write any number it always changes to 1500.

I have used efi strings and R1000 driver

Between this thread and the EFI thread, I finally have everything almost working on my EP45-DS3R. First of all, thanks to everyone in this thread for every bit of help and assistance.

The problems I'm still having are

1) Similar to irontony, my QE doesn't kick in until I launch an application - not a big deal I guess, just irks me that something is amiss (Geforce 9600 GT btw).

2) Sleep is fine, but restart gives me a never-ending spinner, and shut down does everything EXCEPT actually turn off the computer. Restart and shutdown seemed to work ok I think before Ls8's package stuff. (I didn't test sleep). Any ideas what might be going on here? I did an EFI-partition based install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any additional info I can provide, will be provided.

Edit: That's weird. I just shut it down and it worked. Do I have to have slept it once first? I'll experiment.

Edit 2: Ok, if I restart, and it hangs, and I hit the restart button on my computer, the next time it boots it will kernel panic. This is all very odd.

Just a note to say that I just upgraded to a EP45-Extreme + Q9650; thats a very similar board to the other DS4,5,6s. I also started from a working install (10.5.5 on EP35C-DS3R + Q9300).

+ On the P35 board, my onboard sata was recognized, so I didn't have to use UHCI. UHCI is horribly slow to boot. The new P45 board won't work without it tho :/

+ The audio also stopped working, but installing the kext from the latest Leo fixed it. I use SPDIF out and it works perfectly

+ I am not sure about Bonjour yet

Does anyone know if the jumbo frames work on the R1000s ? I'd like to link the macpro and the hackintosh via a cable and use jumbo frames..

To answer myself, no the R1000 latest from psytar doesn't handle jumbo frames. From the shell it gives "invalid argument".

However there is half backed code to handle the case, commented out. I might have a go to see how it works.

Edit: OK that code panics. I'm going to have to do it 'properly' by looking at the linux driver...

15. i also install chud tools and the disable cores shut down fix

Hi irontony, could you please explain how to install disable core shut down fix?

My Hackintosh won't turn off when shutdown. OS X goes down, but PC won't power-off.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks!!

I have a weird problem with my GA-EP45-DS4, the clock doesn't work very well, I have to go to Date and Time to sync it because it's minutes late than the real time

It's because you are overclocked. You need a kernel that understands the "fsb=XXX" parameter at boot time for it to work, OR, fallback on the stock clock speed...

Hi irontony, could you please explain how to install disable core shut down fix?

My Hackintosh won't turn off when shutdown. OS X goes down, but PC won't power-off.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks!!

Hello

One way is to install CHUD tools from the Apple website. (You'll need to sign up to a free account at the developer section)

Once CHUD tools is installed, go to your root drive > Developer "folder" > Extras "folder" > PreferencesPanes "folder" double click the "Processor.prefPane"

It will install a "Processor" Option in System Preferences. From there put a tick into "Show control in menu bar" You will now have an icon in your menu bar.

You can now choose 1 CPU from the menu before you shut down and then you "should" be able to shut down as per normal.

The other option is to download and install a script that disables all but 1 Core when you shut down from the Apple Menu. This is the preferred method.

I cant remember where I found it, but it was somewhere on these forums. The file is called "poweroff_fix.zip"

Good luck... you'll get there

Hello

One way is to install CHUD tools from the Apple website. (You'll need to sign up to a free account at the developer section)

Once CHUD tools is installed, go to your root drive > Developer "folder" > Extras "folder" > PreferencesPanes "folder" double click the "Processor.prefPane"

It will install a "Processor" Option in System Preferences. From there put a tick into "Show control in menu bar" You will now have an icon in your menu bar.

You can now choose 1 CPU from the menu before you shut down and then you "should" be able to shut down as per normal.

The other option is to download and install a script that disables all but 1 Core when you shut down from the Apple Menu. This is the preferred method.

I cant remember where I found it, but it was somewhere on these forums. The file is called "poweroff_fix.zip"

Good luck... you'll get there

Hi All Thanks!! for your reply

I have some experience to share.

I have installed CHUD tools and poweroff_fix then Shut Down --> it doesn't work :wacko: . After that I re-installed patched AppleHDA.kext (patched by AppleHDApatcher V1.20) and Shut Down again --->it work!! :P but the sound was gone :blink: then I re-installed AppleHDA.kext from ls8v14 --> the sound came back but Shut Down doesn't work again :wacko: .

I think I can solve this problem if I have the right AppleHDA.kext.

Hey, i can see maybe a hundred signatures with GA EP45 DQ6 (the board i also have) installed with retail dvd but no one bothers just to answer a boot 132 iso or redirecting to a useful topic -_- . I've read lots of topic about this mobo, still i cannot install it and in need of some little info. I do not ask for a full comment just redirect me to a topic related (if there is one) then you'll never hear me again :angel:

AppleHDA and ALCinject from 10.4.9 are those files from your post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=925068

What do you mean that ICH10 is not supported? If you mean the SATA controller, it is detected as Standard AHCI SATA controller, and it works perfectly.

Hi ls8,

Could you please clarify? What is the different between AppleHDA.kext from 1.2.9a4 and AppleHDA.kext from 1.5.7a24 ?

If I have installed CHUD tools and poweroff_fix then install AppleHDA.kext from 1.2.9a4 ---->Sound Quality is Great!! but could not Shut Down (PC won't power-off).

If I have installed CHUD tools and poweroff_fix then install AppleHDA.kext from 1.5.7a24---->Shut Down perfectly but Sound Quality is poor

ls8 wrote:

The exact procedure:

1/ install Leopard to the destination partition

2/ run 10.5.5 combo update

3/ install Chameleon=EFI

4/ run ls8v13 post-patch, with destination partition name as parameter

5/ reboot with -x boot option

6/ generate EFI strings, reboot again (without any boot options)

7/ regenerate Extensions.mkext (kextcache -a i386 -e)

8/ reboot again, you have fully working hackintosh

Excuse me for being ignoranti:

There is no need to run the pre-patch before 1st step (installing Leopard)?

It's because you are overclocked. You need a kernel that understands the "fsb=XXX" parameter at boot time for it to work, OR, fallback on the stock clock speed...

No, I haven¡'t overclocked the computer, I'm using a Q9550 processor at his stock speed and FSB and 1066 MHz RAM (recognized as 800 MHZ RAM from Leopard)

I'm using vanilla kernel and I have installed from a retail DVD