Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

sheeplover

332 posts in this topic

BTW grub-dfe.iso works for this mobo: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=813269

BOOT-132 for GA-P35-DS4 works too!

I can confirm also that grub-dfe.iso works wonders if all other boot132 iso's fails

This is how I installed a retail 10.5 install on my Gigabyte GA-EP-45-DS3P

Installed new Chameleon 2RC1

Upgraded to 10.5.6 combo using netkas advise to "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done"

Then updated to 10.5.7 Combo again using netkas advice to do "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ; done"

Im happily on 10.5.7

My Intel ICH10 is finally recognized, my ATI 3870 works with 10.5.7 drivers and even vanilla AppleSMBIOS recognizes my machine as a MacPro 2,1 without any hacking - sweet

All I added was legacy HDA and legacy IOAHCIBlockStorage to get normal HD icons back

Good luck everyone

• 2 months later...

I have followed this thread and installed retail 10.5.6 from the boot132 for P35-DS4 iso provided here.

I booted into Leo from boot132 and STILL can. I updated Leo to 10.5.7 and restarted. I installed chameleon2rc1 and ran the script for LS8v17. 

Rebooted through Cameleon and I get the grayed out "this computer needs to be restarted" message. I rebooted in Verbose mode. After the USB and firewire stuff gets started, It starts displaying error messages about some IntelCPU kext. I'm sorry this is so vague but I'm not in front of the computer at the moment. It was basically describing a kext for a CPU voltage regulator or modulator. This is what puts the startup sequence into error. 

Board is GA-EP45-DQ6

CPU is Q6600. 

I am still able to boot into 10.5.7 with Boot132 and my GeForce 8600GT has been patched. So technially everything seems to be working except the About this Mac stuff. And of course cameleon.  

Did I Install Cameleon or Ls8 wrong?   

I forgot to mention that when I installed ls8 it said in the script that for my mobo to press enter for every question. This Is what I did. Except when it asked for a file path.    

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for all you DQ6'rs (and those with similar boards).

There is a new realtek LAN driver available on realtek.tw site (v2.03) that works very well with the onboard LAN. It seems to fix all the problems that the pystar driver fixed (bounjour stability, etc) But shows the proper device names and statistics as well. All in all, it being a real realtek driver, i have decided to use it and its been working flawlessly for a week.

It even allows teaming to connect with my managed switch, but ultimately it reports any more than 1 adapter as having an invalid link so i still cant find a driver that does proper teaming/bonding. keeping fingers crossed for the next update i guess.

Now on to the Snow Leopard testing... it is a brave new world,

/g

Not sure if many check this thread anymore. But yesterday i successfully installed 10.6 Snow Leopard. Very Vanilla. Going on 24hours stable / heavy use.

I went through a lot of hassle before working out the kinks. I will post a guide soon.

/g

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Folks,

Sorry its taken so long. I have not had a lot of spare time lately.

I finally got a basic guide posted for 10.6 install on EP45-DQ6. I will as time allows update the guide to include more detailed step by step procedures, but i didn't want to keep people waiting much longer since i know many users will be able to follow the guide and use the files as is. Less experienced users can check back or ask question as needed.

here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186674

Take Care,

g/