Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

sheeplover

332 posts in this topic

1. Most annoying - No shutdown or restart (just throbber going forever)

--This is a common problem. Shutdown fix is a bit complicated and involves installing CHUD, there are good threads on the forum about how to do this but i just don't bother since it doesn't affect anything. Once it closes out and goes to the spinning wheel screen i just hold down the power to shutoff.

-- For reboot there is an easy fix. Please look at LS8's thread about his v12 package and in his main post there is a link to restart fix kext which is a fixed version of the ACPI kext. after installing this kext restart works as normal.

2. No boot from the HD...

-- You must install Chameleon EFI to boot without the 132 CD. and you must install the kext from the 132 CD for it to boot properly without. If you have installed chameleon and installed these kexts, and still cannot boot from the HDD then you may have the wrong boot device/order setup in your BIOS. You must also make sure that your drive is partitioned GUID.

3. Memory modules recognized as 400 Mhz although they are DDR3 1066.

--Please update your bios to the latest version (11) and if the memory is still running slower than you expect, you may have to set the timings manually in the bios.

[Edit] Also memory speed and bus speed are often not reported correctly in 'about this mac'. However this is not important. If the memory and bus speed shows properly during post and in the bios, it is running at the proper speed.[/Edit]

Let me know if this helps,

genzai

Hey man, thanks for your concern.

1. about the shutdowns and restarts - I was sure that the ones who have a Gigabyte EP45 don't have those issues. If I understand what you say correctly, it's a common problem for us Gigabyte mobo users ?

2. About the booting - I'm not sure what GUID means I'll look it up.... Anyway, I don't think it has something to do with the EFI yet because it gets stuck as if it had a corrupted MBR, no message of starting to boot or an error and my boot order is fine. so, this one is still under investigation :)

3. Memory modules as 400 MHz - During the post and bios it's fine so.... I think it'll be alright and it's just not reported correctly. I'll benchmark the system once it's all set with the other problems.

I was also wondering if some of my issues could be because my mobo is a EP45T that takes DDR3 DIMMS ?

Has anyone had a working installation on a DDR3 mobo ?

Thanks again,

Jonathan

....You must also make sure that your drive is partitioned GUID.....

I guess this one rules out the possibility that it's not a GUID partition table ?

post-35918-1222409253_thumb.png

yonika, Tou told me, you have the same mobo as me, fellow the tutorial i send to you, It really worked like a charm for me!

Ok Guys.... Everything works except sound.....

I tried to copy the AppleHDA.kext you put here into /System/Library/Extensions and reboot

Still no sound.

I also tried using the HDA patcher that comes with chameleon and reboot, still no sound....

am I forgetting something ?

Jonathan

Hi all,

I just bought EP45-DS3P but don't have spare SATA hard drive. When I try to install

Kaly on PATA hard drive from PATA dvd drive I get "Waiting for root device" .

Did any of you managed to install os x on PATA hard drive and if yes, how?

Time Machine works. I use it - but it is the same problem as with other boards: you have to choose between TM and bonjour. Setting up the EFI-string for the NIC makes bonjour unidirectional and you hackintosh can't be connected to from the network over afp.

I tried using the RealTek1000.kext without the EFI string and Bonjour is still uni-directional on my hackintosh.

When not installing the driver bonjour does not work at all.... :wub:

Is it supposed to work ? Right now I don't care about time machine.... I just need bonjour bi-directional...

????? :)

Jonathan

Hi averyone :)

I read this thread and the one about Asus P45 with bios modding, and I would like a friendly advice:

I have a P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP-Solo, it is worth to buy a P45 m/b??

And if yes, is better a Asus bios modded (P5Q) or a Gigabyte EP45-DS3?? (This time I not have enough mosey for a DQ6 in Italy is priced € 200!! (292$) :(

Hi I have a GA-EP45-DQ6, Everything work all except sound, I used the driver uploaded by sensei730000, the driver detects the sound chip but is not active analog output so that I can only hear through the headphones or internal speakers but not trought line out. How can i get it totally functional?

chip_audio.tiff

Hi everyone, by reading this thread i have decided to buy a GA-EP45-DQ6 but something really confuses me:

How could it be that (using the same m/:( some people say sound works and some say not , using the same method?

And one more: by using which method i can install the future native updates from apple (so called smt-123 method, efi, vanilla or what) I'm kinda new about this and may have sounded silly but some help will be appriciated.

Thanks a lot to sheeplover (and many otners) for the thread about this board, i'm about to buy one in a few days :P

OK, the big day is tomorrow, i'll lay my hands on a brand new GA-EP45-DQ6 board, ;) but (as a beginner) i need some spesific directions to install.

I'll have one empty (no OS installed) HDD, GA-EP45-DQ6 m/board and a 8800 GTS 320MB VGA, Core2Duo CPU, ram of course and everything sata.

Since i'll have only one (and empty) HDD, will i be able to make an installation from a stock Leo DVD. I'm building a machine from scratch and have no chance an already Leo installed disk as mentioned mostly everywhere in topics. If i had one already i wouldn't need to make an additional install, would i??

So can you suggest me a method to make a stock (or vanilla - i don't really know the diffrence) with this hardware?

Should i use Boot-132 method, or Ls8 install, if one of them i won't need a modded leo disk (Kaly, iDeneb, etc i've got 'em all) will i? If boot 132 do i need to add additional kext into it???

Sorry but i'm really lost in related topics and terribly confused here. Wold someone give some instruction to me? or maybe you can redirect me to an existing REAL step-by-step topic.

Thank you for your time, some help really appreciated...

I am still fighting with the audio. I have tried many AppleHDA drivers, EFI strings, and still no luck.

Edit: finally a working solution: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry911892

Edit2: I have updated LS8 patch to version v13, now I am testing compatibility with GA-EP45-DQ6.

Edit3: LS8v13 for GA-EP45-DQ6:

http://rapidshare.com/files/150550677/LS8v13.zip.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/40602965/LS8v13.zip.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozndkwi24mj

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5N6TT6XA

http://www.filedropper.com/ls8v13

http://www.filefactory.com/file/00c33a/n/LS8v13_zip

http://depositfiles.com/files/8433072

The exact procedure:

1/ install Leopard to the destination partition

2/ run 10.5.5 combo update

3/ install Chameleon=EFI

4/ run ls8v13 post-patch, with destination partition name as parameter

5/ reboot with -x boot option

6/ generate EFI strings, reboot again (without any boot options)

7/ regenerate Extensions.mkext (kextcache -a i386 -e)

8/ reboot again, you have fully working hackintosh

Hello Ls8,

sorry for re-asking - have you tested all 10 sata/ are they working? That would be one reason for me to changs to that MoBo also... Good luck for your Sound and thx for your postings :)

Edit: deleted double-txt - sorry

LS8-

I have suffered with similar sound problems with an EP45 DS4P. I was not able to get sound to work with efi strings but I did not try that particular kext that you linked to above. However I was able to get a combination of an HDA kext and HDA enabler to work. I am curious if you are experiencing the same problem as me- After a period of silence the first sound that I ask the computer to make is garbled. For example if I send an email that sound of sent mail is mostly chewed up by the initial crackle then sound is 100% fine until after the next extended silence.

If you are not experiencing this I will give the linked kext a try.

Thanks

LS8-

I have suffered with similar sound problems with an EP45 DS4P. I was not able to get sound to work with efi strings but I did not try that particular kext that you linked to above. However I was able to get a combination of an HDA kext and HDA enabler to work. I am curious if you are experiencing the same problem as me- After a period of silence the first sound that I ask the computer to make is garbled. For example if I send an email that sound of sent mail is mostly chewed up by the initial crackle then sound is 100% fine until after the next extended silence.

If you are not experiencing this I will give the linked kext a try.

Thanks

Hey man, Join the club :D

I am using the attached kext and I have these sound popping after an "extended" period. I just don't think it's that extended something like 2 to 3 minutes.

And as I understand that, everyone with an ALC889A is having this issue.

Jonathan.

P.S ---

I'm using an apple wireless bluetooth keyboard and a mighty mouse...

Does anyone have any idea on how one can use these bluetooth devices during POST/BIOS/BOOT time ?

10x everyone....

Jonathan