InsanelyMac logo design competition

Ed

214 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I was looking the posts here and I was thinking... the competition is about creating an logo, right??? But some people are complaining about the design of the whole forum as a preview came out earlier... so... why not create the whole design for the forum and no just the logo???

I believe if you all put your logos into a whole design context, could be easier to people understand what the purpose of the logo you created.

Keep up with the good work.

[]´s

P.S. - Till know, my vote still goes to Yezero - even analysing the reworked logo without the evolution image. ;)

insanelymac4.jpg

Why not "evolve" the command sign? Have it transition like the human evolution chart...

This would be tricky... with such an odd shape... but, if done well, would be amazing.

Hi.

I completely agree about the evolution of the command sign, but we should have in mind that this transition would make a lot of people confusing. The command sign is the "registered trade mark" of the forum. I vote for one new stylized command sign.

I´m still in the search of a perfect combinantion of all elements to create a new logo to begin in the competition too. :blink:

Regards.

[]´s

Here are my entries, just going for a clean look, using a minor addition of the apple stem

I like krambuhl's version.

Can someone explain the reason of "evolution" slogan? is it because insanelymac is evolving? or OSX? But aren't they both evolving constantly? why using a slogan about that now? Isn't it too generic and ... cliché? I personaly like the graphics of yezero evolution logo very much but I don't see a lot of Insanelymac in it.

Here's some of my idea, still in the rough. Might get something though.Comments?

post-60336-1214906730_thumb.png

Here's another compilation.Black & White = easier to color manage later, liasing with your new color theme.

post-60336-1214905380_thumb.png

Here's another one (using the evolution design)

post-60336-1214907640_thumb.png

Here's the black and white version of the above

post-60336-1214907801_thumb.png

Here is an idea. How about something like the old and retired Silicon Graphics Logo but using the command figure instead of the cube. Like a 3d command cube. Sorry I have no 3d rendering skills, but maybe someone here could try the idea. That would look really cool on a black background. You could even make it spin :(

I've attached the old sgi logo so you can have an idea.

post-18387-1214917588.png

What? I spelt it correctly. Check again...

(Just kidding, thanks for that. I've corrected it now.) ;)

Sorry, I tend to pick faults :)

I think either yours or (one of) yezero's should win it.

Here is a higher-res version for those who want to put their logo on top of the page. This is in full size:

20080701-eeiin5g6q6685x6ht9q3daetwe.jpg

will you keep the old design as an option?

the current one is just hilarious . respect to ignorantcow

Okay, and now my finished product.

The IM almost sounds like (instant message) even though most people think of AIM or Yahoo and other similar clients, maybe even IRC... here at insanelymac people are always talking and so the logo is a speech bubble and should fit anyway. I tried to stay on topic while being original.

20080701-xjxatfa2p7usraidcd9mg33upw.png

For those who want to see it on its possible new home. :censored2:

20080701-g7frimwrnkse1aepxswa6jym59.png

-The logo was made in vector format and exported for use online.

Using my idea from earlier, I adapted it to the new site look. 2 versions, one with the reflection and one without, although I think the reflection one would look better if there was more room for it.

insanelymac1.jpg

insanelymac2.jpg

Seems like there's too much black on the new site, IMHO.

Using my idea from earlier, I adapted it to the new site look. 2 versions, one with the reflection and one without, although I think the reflection one would look better if there was more room for it.

insanelymac1.jpg

insanelymac2.jpg

Seems like there's too much black on the new site, IMHO.

I haven't looked through all of these, and many of them are pretty awesome, but this one is my fav ;) I like the first one without the reflection.