InsanelyMac logo design competition

Ed

214 posts in this topic

who's bright idea was it to re-brand the site to a new look before creating the brand itself? you've now just severely limited the amount of eligible entries, half of which are not "logo" type material by any means, and more "design themes", which were never eligible to begin with because- again, they are not logo designs.

nothing personal, just a really bad move.

and good job to those who know what they're doing.

i like the idea of the utilizing command symbol...it's unique to mac, it's timeless, apple doesnt seem to have legal issues with you using it. how about something clean, simple, sophisticated--like mac. i like the last one best i think.

btw i also think the new site design is a step backwards, it looks kinda tacky and not very usable, no offense to whomever designed it.

post-246488-1214959476_thumb.jpg

post-246488-1214959515_thumb.jpg

post-246488-1214959526_thumb.jpg

post-246488-1214959538_thumb.jpg

post-246488-1214959552_thumb.jpg

Nobody though to design an apple with a worm inside? ;)

diogan: yours is very good; i just find the apple too "painted"...

Thanks. My Wife actually had that idea, but we nixed it because it could have some negative connotations to it, i.e. worms and viruses.

will you keep the old design as an option?the current one is just hilarious . respect to ignorantcow
To be honest with you, I think the new design looks great!
Okay, and now my finished product.The IM almost sounds like (instant message) even though most people think of AIM or Yahoo and other similar clients, maybe even IRC... here at insanelymac people are always talking and so the logo is a speech bubble and should fit anyway. I tried to stay on topic while being original.20080701-xjxatfa2p7usraidcd9mg33upw.pngFor those who want to see it on its possible new home. :)20080701-g7frimwrnkse1aepxswa6jym59.png-The logo was made in vector format and exported for use online.
I think the logo fits in well with the site, but maybe you could add some sort of apple thing where the im is or maybe something with osx86.

Reworked version using the currently Insanelymac symbol thingy:

insanelymac4.jpg

First post, woohoo!

Anyway I think if the command symbol was change to red to match the new theme, this would be a great logo. Its simple, yet professional.